Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Dalael posted:

The old chinese guy and his wife working the corner store next to my house, the true exploiters :argh:

who does the work, manual and non-manual for the hardworking small business owners?

would it surprise you to know that small businesses have lower rates of unionization, lower wages, and owners who actively push against minimum wage laws and high taxes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Making a post on SA about how capitalism is bad is JUST LIKE going to your local Chinese food restaurant and screaming at the managers

I can't believe all Chinese food restaurant managers are forced to read SA posts, how terrible.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Dalael posted:

Yeah im fine with Atlantis posts.

no, the other one

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Fast Luck posted:

"rojava" is basically a US military base that sells syria's oil to us

I'd be more open to this take if their leader wasn't taken prisoner with the help of the CIA

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I want to stop this owning for a second to give a big shout out to all the Libs who think The Alamo is in Alamo, TX.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dalael posted:

I'm french. Its entirely possible that i do not know an english word.

So now that i googled it:

I am very much pro unions.

What is loving wrong with you all? What in the gently caress did i post that makes you all want to dogpile me thinking im some Maga hat wearer

Bitch, the next 2 years are going to be wild for your dumb French rear end.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Hon hon hon hon

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Where is taintrunner

Probe ends at 2:06 EST.

fits my needs posted:

drat, succ zone still arguing about bosses w/ the bolivian atlantis dude lmao

https://twitter.com/LloydAustin/status/1349010055094562818?s=20

same energy
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1080931766238629888

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Trabisnikof posted:

I want to stop this owning for a second to give a big shout out to all the Libs who think The Alamo is in Alamo, TX.

its actually in alamo, CA

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

BioThermo posted:

Probe ends at 2:06 EST.

https://i.imgur.com/itxmHDN.gifv
RUN TAINT
RUN TAINT
RUN TAINT

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ruzihm posted:

I'd be more open to this take if their leader wasn't taken prisoner with the help of the CIA

US oil company signs deal with Syrian Kurds
Sources told Al-Monitor the agreement to market oil in territory controlled by the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces was signed “with the knowledge and encouragement of the White House.”

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its actually in alamo, CA

sort of surprised there aren't any small towns that went the way of Joe, MT and have named themselves after Trump yet

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Mr Hootington posted:

Bitch, the next 2 years are going to be wild for your dumb French rear end.

Let be more precise. French Quebecois. Not french from France. Sorry for the confusion

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AsahiToussaint/status/1348829385390911490

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

What is loving wrong with you all? What in the gently caress did i post that makes you all want to dogpile me thinking im some Maga hat wearer

we're trying to free you from the matrix Dalael. put on the glasses, we don't want to have to beat you up. you're eating from the trashcan of ideology

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Dalael posted:

Let be more precise. French Quebecois. Not french from France. Sorry for the confusion

even fuckin' worse lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I have no strong feelings about SDF but the U.S. was essentially their air force against ISIS for years, and they were not going to get assistance without agreeing to allow imperialism in NE Syria. There's also a historical relationship between Kurds in Iraq/Syria and the U.S. with all of the betrayal that entails

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

we're trying to free you from the matrix Dalael. put on the glasses, we don't want to have to beat you up. you're eating from the trashcan of ideology

I am very much on board with the concept of eating the rich after guillotining the lot of them.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

You know what a Taint barometer is, libs? It measures the Taint pressure in the air. You can feel it. Listen, libs. Hear that? Sounds of the whispering winds of Taint. Beware, my friend...Taint winds are coming.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Victory Position posted:

oh whoops, was thinking about him on the first part, but there is a Daschle rule as well

obama nominated daschle to run HHS and be his "healthcare czar" at a time when daschle was a lobbyist government-relations consultant for healthcare entities along with his pal bob dole.

that's not what sank daschle, though; it was that he'd been writing off personal expenses as business expenses or something like that. A month later, when Geithner was found to have had tax issues, he was still able to get treasury bc already people were over the "hope & change" stuff. Also, bc capital wanted him there, whereas any number of toadies could--and did!--serve as daschle's replacement.

nancy de parle ended up as healthcare czar; she was daschle's alter ego and had coauthored a book on healthcare reform with him. Sebelius ended up at HHS.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

love the qualifiers on this one. "my wife is jewish, i've been to auschwitz, i think genocide is really super bad, BUT"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

I am very much on board with the concept of eating the rich after guillotining the lot of them.

:hmmyes:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

even fuckin' worse lol

florida man agrees really loving hard

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Victory Position posted:

sort of surprised there aren't any small towns that went the way of Joe, MT and have named themselves after Trump yet

there’s one in Israel lol

quote:

Israel said on Tuesday it would name a new community on the Golan Heights after U.S. President Donald Trump as an expression of gratitude for his recognition of its claim of sovereignty over the strategic plateau.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Ruzihm posted:

https://i.imgur.com/itxmHDN.gifv
RUN TAINT
RUN TAINT
RUN TAINT

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Dalael posted:

On the contrary. I am pretty left on everything

Dalael posted:

I dont need to read Marx to be against expoitation, wanting healthcare for everyone and thinking labor needs a much much larger share of profits while also wanting to raise taxes on the rich.

lol

you fundamentally don't comprehend what people are giving you poo poo about, and that's not trying to be a burn on you, it's just reality. read more and post less because from what you're posting here you're a bog standard liberal with no self-awareness of your own ideology

"left on everything" is meaningless and individual policy ideas have nothing to do with leftist ideology

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol what a dumb poo poo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dalael posted:

Soon you will be free of the British crown's yoke.

Vive le Québec libre!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
didn't even loving Truman say that dropping the bomb didn't actually accelerate the end of the war?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Lib and let die posted:

florida man agrees really loving hard

I wish to apologize to everyone living in Florida. I have no loving clue what draws so many of us there for vacation and in our old age. :shrug:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
this is like 2 hours long but it's p good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCRTgtpC-Go&t=2914s

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

didn't even loving Truman say that dropping the bomb didn't actually accelerate the end of the war?

no one really knows because the members of the war council where surrender was agreed upon only kept the vaguest of notes and then a couple of the war ministers killed themselves over the next few days

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rutibex posted:

according to zezik its actually the nice bosses who are the worst of all

Can confirm.

My current boss is very serious, but hands off. Tells you exactly what they want and leaves. Doesn't want to talk or hang out. If you're doing what they want, you never see them.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1349068634413436929?s=20

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Dropping the bomb was to send a message to the USSR, the idea that Japan would have been a clusterfuck is true, but nothing justified mass civilian slaughter.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

that's pretty good for 2015

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Dalael posted:

Okay, but you need to be aware that the mom-and-pop shop owners don't share your interests. You see them as hard workers, and they may be. But it's not what they want to be, and it's not who they identify with.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Man, if only Joe were in some kind of symbolic leadership role of the Democrat party, he could issue a mandate to raise the minimum wage.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dalael posted:

The old chinese guy and his wife working the corner store next to my house, the true exploiters :argh:

Who are they exploiting?

It sounds like they are getting the value of their own labor since they work the business themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Dropping the bomb was to send a message to the USSR, the idea that Japan would have been a clusterfuck is true, but nothing justified mass civilian slaughter.

yeah the bomb wasn't dropped with the purpose of ending the war, but the amount it contributed to the decision of the war council to surrender is up for debate