Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I hate this crap where the banners update at different times based on region.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I hate this crap where the banners update at different times based on region.

Yeah it loving sucks, why not just have a global release

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it lets us see the glitter shop before the stock changes so i'll gladly take it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Any clairvoyance is always good, especially if it's just a few hours

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I was going to say, it's nice being able to see the shop before it goes live. Especially if you were on the fence about spending on a character or not. Then again, if for some reason a given update breaks the game, you're only breaking it for one region and you can just push the release back in the other regions so they are still stable.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is the banner supposed to go up when the current one expires, or will it be tomorrow? It feels like the timing is always off where you see an event in 1 day, and then the next day it is 17 hours or whatever meaning it was really 2 days.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Is the banner supposed to go up when the current one expires, or will it be tomorrow? It feels like the timing is always off where you see an event in 1 day, and then the next day it is 17 hours or whatever meaning it was really 2 days.

It rolls over I think at 8pm eastern or whats supposed to be 0:00 GMT

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

It only gives hours sub 24. "1 day" means 24-47.99 hours. I agree this is stupid.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It rolls over I think at 8pm eastern or whats supposed to be 0:00 GMT
8EST != 0GMT (it's 7PM, would be 8PM in the summer/daylight savings)

I'd have expected it to start when Albedo ends, in the afternoon, but that might make sense too.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 12, 2021

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Okay, there is a bug where sometimes the co-op challenge cannot be started. The apparatus is there, but the option for starting it is not there.

edit: Restarting the game seems to make it work.

Flair fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 12, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The events going live not at reset is what gets me.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
So I think I'm gonna save my primos for the rumored Venti reroll to ensure I get Best Bard and funnel all my mora and books and what not into a Ning C5 / ZL / Albedo / Fischl C5 comp for 1.3. Already got em at 80 / 70 / 70 / 70+A5 and I'm ready for flowers and rocks and birds and shite. Buffed Geo looks like it'll be a blast, and I need something to pull me off Klee/Childe comps.

Now if only running Petra domain was easier - at least gearing Fischl is insanely easy with a pyro carry. Thanks thunder domain!

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Due to all the event BP bonuses this period I'm at BP 47 now, and could easily be BP 48 if I bothered to aim for the 500k mora spent goal, 49 with boss/domain/leyline challenges . Finishing the pass almost 3 weeks before the next one comes out kinda makes the weekly exp limit seem pointless. At least I assume it's there to stop you from maxing out the BP too quickly, but what difference does those few days make when you can already finish it two weeks before deadline?

On the one hand, I like being able to finish the BP without having to complete every single mission for it, but on the other hand it's really boring going 2+ weeks without any BP targets to complete.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

So which bows are good for Ganyu? I haven't decided if I want to pull her yet but if I don't have anything good for her I might not bother. I've already levelled up so many drat bows. Got a viridescent hunt on Childe, sac bow on Diona, fav bow on Venti, stringless on Fischl and a compound bow collecting dust since I pulled some real carries and shifted Fischl to support.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

AG3 posted:

Due to all the event BP bonuses this period I'm at BP 47 now, and could easily be BP 48 if I bothered to aim for the 500k mora spent goal, 49 with boss/domain/leyline challenges . Finishing the pass almost 3 weeks before the next one comes out kinda makes the weekly exp limit seem pointless. At least I assume it's there to stop you from maxing out the BP too quickly, but what difference does those few days make when you can already finish it two weeks before deadline?

On the one hand, I like being able to finish the BP without having to complete every single mission for it, but on the other hand it's really boring going 2+ weeks without any BP targets to complete.

saaaaaaame

honestly the breather in the back two weeks is probably a good thing for balance reasons, once the BP targets evaporate I'm instantly down to dailies and condensed resin artifact runs and nothing else. Can't even be assed to farm elite mats for weapons. The "farm or wait" stage of the game doesn't do it for me. Drip rewards past BP50 would be a welcome addition.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Bland posted:

So which bows are good for Ganyu? I haven't decided if I want to pull her yet but if I don't have anything good for her I might not bother. I've already levelled up so many drat bows. Got a viridescent hunt on Childe, sac bow on Diona, fav bow on Venti, stringless on Fischl and a compound bow collecting dust since I pulled some real carries and shifted Fischl to support.

As a carry it's probably prototype crescent or compound bow, since she's actually using aimed shots. As a support, hard to say but probably sac or favonius.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Bland posted:

I have to think Viridescent Hunt is one of her best 4*s if not the best. She gains CRIT DMG on ascension, so the substat makes it a natural pair. Additionally, she has a unique way of dealing AoE damage that greatly benefits from the pull.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
One thing to consider with Ganyu as a Cryo applicator support is that Melts can be a bit awkward depending upon your activating Pyro unit due to how the 2x/1.5x reactions work in removing the existing elements. Specifically, when you do the 2x reaction (Hydro hits Pyro, Pyro hits Cryo), there's a strong tendency to just wipe the other element out entirely. This sounds good, but can have some issues where depending on how the element setup attacks interact with the triggering attacks you end up sticking the other element on and then have the wrong character doing the wrong reaction.

For example, I find Diluc/Kaeya to be much worse than Diluc/Xingqiu, even though Melt is a larger reaction amp for Diluc's output than Vaporize. The problem is that Kaeya's Burst doesn't quite keep Cryo up enough that Diluc is Melting every time, resulting in Diluc putting Pyro on the enemy instead and Kaeya repeatedly reverse-Melting it and never clearing the Pyro to reapply Cryo properly. Xingqiu doesn't have this issue even without using his Burst, as Diluc can Vaporize 2-3 times off a single Wet application, which means that Diluc is almost always doing the reverse Vaporize and getting the amp damage. One reason Chongyun/Bennett is so powerful is that Bennett can convert his melee strikes to Cryo and then tap his E to proc reliable Melts, knowing he'll get off three autoattacks in between that will definitely ensure Cryo is back up when his E is ready to go again. You generally never have this issue of sticky Pyro with Bennett (except C6 Bennett but he doesn't work for the Chongyun Melt setup anyway).

How does this apply to Ganyu? Well basically as a carry this isn't a huge issue because if you somehow do figure out a Melt team for her, she will be able to potentially get off several reverse Melts per application, allowing you to maybe do a ranged setup where Amber lights an enemy up and Ganyu gets several charged shot Melts off before needing to swap back to Amber. On the other hand if you're using her to apply Melt for Diluc/Klee, you run the risk of her Burst not quite applying Cryo status fast enough. If the application rate depends on enemy clustering then she should be able to enable it quite well when you have lots of enemies to work on, but not as well when you don't. In that sense she is still possibly less consistent than XQ, which does matter. But how much less consistent, and does it really matter in situations like Abyss? The answer to that really determines how powerful she is as a support and I don't know yet.

None of this matters for Freeze, as far as I know; Ganyu is no better or worse for that and she seems to be very good at applying permafreeze via her Burst as long as you have sufficient Hydro on the other end. Even single enemies don't seem to unfreeze for long enough to do anything. I actually am wondering how a Tartaglia/Ganyu team with him running Blizzard Strayer might work out; Childe loves Crit Rate and being able to just blender a bunch of frozen enemies seems very powerful, especially since it improves his Riptide damage and not just his Normal/Charged damage. That's probably strong enough to be worth a useless +15% Cryo set effect.

Also I'm AR55 and WL8 now, at last. Time to farm some ascension poo poo. :toot:

shimmy shimmy posted:

As a carry it's probably prototype crescent or compound bow, since she's actually using aimed shots. As a support, hard to say but probably sac or favonius.
If weakpoint hits count as crits then Favonius Warbow would be better than Sacrificial I think. She probably wants to be looping her Burst and the big particle refund would be helpful for her. Being able to guarantee it against any enemy with a weakpoint would make R5 Fav extremely potent.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So is Amos bow actually good on her? I assume it is because it's the banner weapon and the one showed in the trailer but I don't wanna waste resources getting mine up to par if it's actually not great.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Well, who are the "insane" tier? Diluc is point and forget damage. Klee combos easily.

I've built my my childe, and he really seems to wipe the floor with most bosses or baddies in the overland. Maybe not the bounty stoneshield lavachurls, but even my Ningguang takes forever to kill those.

Yeah, because those guys have insane geo and physical resistance.

I really need to boost my levels and grind to get a team that can tear through those guys faster. Also, I wasn't expecting it and it takes me a good minute or two to beat one, did anyone beat all those ruin guards in Childe's story quest before the timer ran out? I sure didn't.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So is Amos bow actually good on her? I assume it is because it's the banner weapon and the one showed in the trailer but I don't wanna waste resources getting mine up to par if it's actually not great.

It's gonna be good by virtue of it being a 5* with superior stats. Not sure how it compares to the other 5* though. They both seem good at first glance.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I'm really glad the BP gives so much margin for error, helps the game not feel like a job/chore.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

As a main DPS she loves it because it boosts her aimed shots

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I've heard some early reports that the bloom AOE of her charged shot still gets boosted by things that increase charged shot damage. If true, Amos Bow would probably be her best bow if you're using her as main dps.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

AshtonDragon posted:

I've heard some early reports that the bloom AOE of her charged shot still gets boosted by things that increase charged shot damage. If true, Amos Bow would probably be her best bow if you're using her as main dps.
The question is whether it gets the in flight bonus or not. For those not aware: The way the bow is supposed to work is you always get +12% Normal/Charged DMG, but then also 8% more per 0.1s the arrow is in flight up to 5 stacks, so 40% at R1. That means a Frostflake Arrow for sure is getting +52% which is huge on what's already a strong multiplier attack. My question is, does the AoE part inherit the full bonus or just the baseline 12%?

Also I say supposed to because the description is badly worded and I heard tell that the bow is bugged and can sometimes lower your damage output. It's hard to tell because bows have damage dropoff past a certain range as it is.

In theory, for the right build, Amos's is the best option, but what build Ganyu should even go for is unclear just yet. Blizzard Strayer would remove a large point against its use by offering tons of Crit Rate, but Wanderer's stacks the same damage type.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

If I end up getting Ganyu there will be a question about who to give my Skyward Harp to between her and Childe. I guess it's a question between giving R2 Rust to Childe instead or giving Ganyu I guess Prototype Crescent?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Rolled because I wanted a few Noelle constellations. After burning 10k primogems and 10 fates, the total was 1 Noelle constellation. Sigh. Also got Jean, which is kind of whatever at this point in the game for me. I didn't really want Ganyu because her trial didn't make her seem all that fun to play for me, and Jean probably won't see any use either, so... at least the game didn't give me my third Diluc I guess?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ytlaya posted:

If I end up getting Ganyu there will be a question about who to give my Skyward Harp to between her and Childe. I guess it's a question between giving R2 Rust to Childe instead or giving Ganyu I guess Prototype Crescent?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Im...tm_source=share

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
e: okay nevermind

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 12, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ah, thanks. Also, now that I think about it, Skyward Harp's crit rate probably wouldn't be as good on a weapon where you're trying to get a lot of weak point hits.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Ran some numbers on the Cocogoat. She should be very, very good as a ranged damage dealer. Stronger than Diluc out of the box but weaker doing regular shots than Diluc doing Vaporize spam, stronger if you can figure out a way to Melt spam with her.

A couple observations:
  • If you were to get perfect substats and everything into Crit Damage except the Circlet (wielding Amos's Bow), you're looking at around 338% CD. Pretty good for weakpoint stacking, except you don't even need to worry about that, because...
  • Similarly, if you put all the Circlet substats into Crit Rate, then with Amos's Bow she'd reach 79% CR assuming Cryo Resonance and Blizzard Strayer 4pc for Cryo status only. What that means is, if you Freeze the enemy instead, she'd jump to 99% CR. But wait, there's more...
  • Ganyu's A1 increases the Crit Rate of Frostflake Arrows and Blooms by 20%. So it's possible to get a 99% Crit Rate Ganyu off just Cryo status, which her Frostflake Arrows apply just from shooting things.
  • If she's standing in her Burst field she also deals 20% more Cryo DMG with her A4. Just to really rub it in. Also it buffs allied Cryo units.
  • C1 is basically +2000 DPS at optimal stat layout. That's actually pretty decent. Won't do as much otherwise, but bear in mind it also helps all other Cryo units so it'd buff Chongyun or Kaeya's damage as well.
What does this mean in mortal terms with normal artifacts? Basically this: Ganyu needs no more than 20-40% Crit Rate from her gear if she's running 4pc Blizzard Strayer. If you luck into that much Crit Rate from substats, you're golden and can run a Crit Damage Circlet, because that plus Cryo Resonance (15%) plus Blizzard Strayer (20%) plus her A1 on subsequent shots (20%) put her at a nice comfy 80-100% without needing to Freeze anything, just from having Cryo up on the enemy. If you do use Freeze, she coasts on 20% which you can get from Viridescent Hunt or Skyward Harp alone (though Amos's will be superior for overall output).

Like, I'm looking at artifacts now, and Ganyu needs 17.9% Crit Rate off substats if she's using Skyward Harp. That's it. That's like one godroll to give her almost guaranteed crits. And you can do the same poo poo with the BP weapon. She is absurdly easy to gear; everything after hitting 80-100% effective Crit Rate is gravy, just hope for whatever you can get from CD%/ATK%/EM/ER%. I don't think she even needs reactions, she can just shoot stuff that's under Cryo so only her first arrow will suffer and all the rest will get massive boosts.

EDIT: Also, because she's ranged, she can very easily stay in her and Bennett's (and maybe also Chongyun's) overlapping Burst fields. No need to lose your ATK bonus chasing something down, just shoot it.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 12, 2021

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Promo code: 153YuSaenh

https://twitter.com/itshafu/status/1349095428244054016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Oh lordt that poor girl. She was already streaming Hearthstone then Among Us for like 16 hours a day, don't get her addicted to Gacha games too

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
How is Xingqiu used, since I see all of the discussion about how he pairs well with Pyro DPS? Do you just put pyro effect on an enemy, then just use his elemental skill for a big vaporize since it has a high damage modifier? I have a C1 Xinggiu and a refinement 1 sacrificial sword, and I have never used either. It is always hard to find space on a team to fit someone in between Diluc, Venti, C6 Fischl, and a healer.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Pain of Mind posted:

How is Xingqiu used, since I see all of the discussion about how he pairs well with Pyro DPS? Do you just put pyro effect on an enemy, then just use his elemental skill for a big vaporize since it has a high damage modifier? I have a C1 Xinggiu and a refinement 1 sacrificial sword, and I have never used either. It is always hard to find space on a team to fit someone in between Diluc, Venti, C6 Fischl, and a healer.
Other way around. Have him put Wet on an enemy and then Vaporize with your Pyro character. The effect will often linger (or be reapplied if his Burst is active), allowing for chain Vaporizes.

Ideal would be something like activate his Burst, do a Skill (possibly two if Sac Sword procs), then swap out to your main damage dealer and start autoattacking and laying down the Pyro (or Electro, but he enables Vaporize better). His rain sword barrier also periodically applies Wet to enemies (but not to you, though it does initially), so you can get more Vaporizes off just standing near enemies.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

with Sac sword you can more or less fill his initial burst using the double skill proc, drop that and switch to your pyro carry for easy access to vape bonus. his skill does do nice damage but he's really about that burst.

i usually run Diluc/Bennett/XQ/Sucrose and it works wonders. would definitely slot XQ over Fischl for a pyro carry in any case.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

The other way around. Xingqiu's skill and burst constantly get enemies wet, so if you've got a XQ burst and a Diluc burst going at the same time, you attack with diluc and pretty much every other hit is going to be a vaporize proc, which is a multiplier on top of diluc's already high damage.

edit: beaten twice

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Ganyu wishes to let you know that she is not a (coco)goat:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Dy4y12753

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Pain of Mind posted:

His ult constantly reapplies hydro. Used with a constant application of pyro, like Diluc burst or Klee AA, you get vaporize on basically all attacks. Sac sword keeps him live because otherwise his E isn't good at keeping him charged. He would be the most direct replacement for Fischl in your team.