Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

GlyphGryph posted:

Oh, speed gro doesn't help multi-harvest crops? Nor does quality fertilizer?

Goddamn I have been making a lot of terrible, expensive mistakes!

speed-gro does help the initial grow, which in many cases turns into extra harvests. speed-gro is especially important on hops, which matures every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Thank you to people correcting/clarifying. I've become pretty lazy about fertilizer, just putting d.speed everywhere, because Artisan anyway.

I'm worryingly close to Master Angler now. And tempted to try and get all the stardrops this run before smothering it with a pillow (unless I'm like, super close to golden clock and stuff.)

So, anyone want to try and sell me and the thread on why one partner (including the platonic one) is better than the others? Just effort posts, no wars if that's feasible. :D

Also, now you can move the greenhouse, I wish I could move my actual house. Say, next to the soil on the beach farm. But I'm guessing that'll break stuff.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Tombot posted:

So here's a couple of inconsistencies that threw me for a loop: I wanted to upgrade my coop, so I went over to Robin's house with the 10,000 money I needed and she said I didn't have enough money and enough wood, even though it was only the wood that was missing. The second thing is that Sebastian had a small delivery job where I needed to find him a Crocus because he said he loved them, the next day I gave him a another Crocus as a gift and he didn't like it at all. I had to look up the wiki to make sure I wasn't going senile.

Yah, the special deliveries have nothing to do with the npc preferences, oddly enough.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

maltesh posted:

Yes, you can. Alas, there is only space for 18 trees around the perimeter, and now there are eight types of fruit trees instead of six. No more equal partitioning..

Wait, I thought they patched out fruit trees in the greenhouse?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Red_Fred posted:

They repatched it in a while ago.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

emily is best partner as she facilitates significant emotional harm to Clint

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
The obvious answer is to go check their spouse rooms on the wiki and decide on your lifemate based on whose is going to fit your decor the best.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

hopeandjoy posted:

Oh nooooo. Do you need to plant them in pots?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Red_Fred posted:

Oh nooooo. Do you need to plant them in pots?

No, it's exactly the same as before they patched it out.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Guildenstern Mother posted:

The obvious answer is to go check their spouse rooms on the wiki and decide on your lifemate based on whose is going to fit your decor the best.

This is a beautiful answer, but assumes my decor isn't a few mini fridges in the middle of the kitchen floor because I misclicked and can't be bothered to move them again. And two rows of tea bushes (which I should swap out for coffee tbh)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Why decide your spouse based on decor? You should instead base your decor on your spouse.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
waiting for the bi mormon mod to let me have all the spouse

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Red_Fred posted:

hopeandjoy posted:

hopeandjoy posted:

No, it's exactly the same as before they patched it out.

For those who were curious, like me, it was only patched out between April 4, 2016 and October 3, 2016 with version 1.07 and 1.1 respectively. 1.1 changelog explicitly mentions adding it back in. (it's removal in 1.07 is not a line item, under "Various minor bug fixes")
source: Stardew forum post

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

For those who were curious, like me, it was only patched out between April 4, 2016 and October 3, 2016 with version 1.07 and 1.1 respectively. 1.1 changelog explicitly mentions adding it back in. (it's removal in 1.07 is not a line item, under "Various minor bug fixes")
source: Stardew forum post

I’ve been had. I haven’t finished the community centre due to some drat apples which I could have had if I had planted in the greenhouse.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Best partner is Krobus.

Perks:
- He's a cutie pie when he smiles.

- He does not get jealous of you giving gifts to other townsfolk to unlock their hearts
- He genuinely appreciates your attempts to welcome him into the human world and get to know him
- Regularly tries to cook you delicious meals
- Has a job, but can work fine from home
- Him moving in does not rob him of the opportunity to lead a better, more fulfilling life (sorry, Maru, if we get involved you'll never go to college and its definitely where you belong)
- He's never an rear end in a top hat to you at any point
- He doesn't pester you to have kids
- He is not an alcoholic

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

GlyphGryph posted:

What do you mean tries? Dude gives me Lucky Lunch on the reg. I'm a truly spoiled individual.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

GlyphGryph posted:

Best partner is Krobus.

Perks:

- He does not get jealous of you giving gifts to other townsfolk to unlock their hearts
- He genuinely appreciates your attempts to welcome him into the human world and get to know him
- Him moving in does not rob him of the opportunity to lead a better, more fulfilling life (sorry, Maru, if we get involved you'll never go to college and its definitely where you belong)
- He is not an alcoholic

The virgin Shane and the chad Krobus

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

GlyphGryph posted:

Best partner is Krobus.

Perks:

- He is not an alcoholic

hold UP

YOU CAN MARRY KROB?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

hold UP

YOU CAN MARRY KROB?

Don't play with my heart like this

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Do you miss out on anything by not having kids? I have never gotten to the point of trying to marry anyone, always try to max everyone out first. Is it worth having a hollow marriage to divorce them after the kids spawn and then be "roommates" with Krobus or just skip the middle persons and go for it?

Mod to adopt a baby monster perhaps

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Potato Salad posted:

hold UP

YOU CAN MARRY KROB?

You don't technically get "married" but if you max out your hearts with Krobus the Desert Trader sells an item that allows you to offer him essentially a platonic roomies/BFF situation

It's pretty adorable

Khanstant posted:

Do you miss out on anything by not having kids? I have never gotten to the point of trying to marry anyone, always try to max everyone out first. Is it worth having a hollow marriage to divorce them after the kids spawn and then be "roommates" with Krobus or just skip the middle persons and go for it?

Mod to adopt a baby monster perhaps

Kids have, to the best of my knowledge, zero gameplay impact beyond "you can put hats on them once they're old enough"

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Potato Salad posted:

hold UP

YOU CAN MARRY KROB?

You can have him move in as a platonic roommate iirc, but I don't think it has the full marriage ceremony etc.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

You don't technically get "married" but if you max out your hearts with Krobus the Desert Trader sells an item that allows you to offer him essentially a platonic roomies/BFF situation

It's pretty adorable

Kids have, to the best of my knowledge, zero gameplay impact beyond "you can put hats on them once they're old enough"

Seriously? I never lived on a farm but my dad still made out go outside often to do annoying chores like picking weeds, chopping grass, cleaning up dog shits, messin with leafs, kickin tumbleweeds etc
Also coulda swore.

Anyway, day 2 of returning to my farm, still kind of lost what exactly I was working towards last I played and my farm is pretty wild, grass everywhere but also perfect sprinkler system to optimize potential megasize crops. I remember consulting a spreadsheet someone made to do this... but I can't remember why? Just cause they are cool and I wasn't hard up for crop cash or did past-me have another motive??

Also Lewis shits himself in this cutscene to introduce message board, lol

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Potato Salad posted:

hold UP

YOU CAN MARRY KROB?

Alxprit posted:

What do you mean tries? Dude gives me Lucky Lunch on the reg. I'm a truly spoiled individual.

He refers to it as trying... and to be fair, he mostly gives me strange strange buns, which I don't think actually qualify as human food. But he definitely tries!

Also, even though he doesn't pester you to have kids, he will help take care of them if you DO have them.

And he goes out of his way to tell me how much he appreciates me and all the work I do for the household.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 12, 2021

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

webmeister posted:

You can have him move in as a platonic roommate iirc, but I don't think it has the full marriage ceremony etc.

Oh my god I need this

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
So, Sea Urchins are strictly better than children? Noted.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Khanstant posted:

Anyway, day 2 of returning to my farm, still kind of lost what exactly I was working towards last I played and my farm is pretty wild, grass everywhere but also perfect sprinkler system to optimize potential megasize crops. I remember consulting a spreadsheet someone made to do this... but I can't remember why? Just cause they are cool and I wasn't hard up for crop cash or did past-me have another motive??

This is exactly why I've always got a text file on my desktop that I update whenever I finish a gameplay session. Stuff like short term goals, don't forget x/y/z, that sort of thing. I don't have spreadsheets because I don't care enough to minmax, but I really hate loading up a farm after a few days of not playing, only to think "what the gently caress was I doing here".

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I could swear there was a mod that changed Stardew Valley into Gensoukyou, with dialogue to match.

Or did I dream that.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

webmeister posted:

This is exactly why I've always got a text file on my desktop that I update whenever I finish a gameplay session. Stuff like short term goals, don't forget x/y/z, that sort of thing. I don't have spreadsheets because I don't care enough to minmax, but I really hate loading up a farm after a few days of not playing, only to think "what the gently caress was I doing here".

This is my save file naming strategy. "Finished QuestA, need X for thing"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

webmeister posted:

Yeah, could've really used one of those, or one of the in-game auto-journals that loosely records what you've been up to. This was a few years for this save. I have a more recent farm but it was a co-op with someone I ain't play with anymore and dunno feels weird to play that farm. This is my OG "Ruined Farm"

Seems like I was maybe on a project to stock up my shed fully with kegs and jars. Seems I've planted a lot of thick gridded forest on the outskirts of the farm. I guess I have grass everywhere because it's spring and I bet I wa running low on hay in winter and over compensated. Plus these beasts eat a ton of grass everyday. MY past solution was grass everywhere + fence posts with perma grass under them so they cant eat me dry. I assume I have no fence to keep the critters from going in my crops bc it doesn't matter and I hated fence repairing. However, now I am a bit bothered by animals trampling my crops, or worse, making me pick crops while trying to pet them. I am thinking of making a psuedo fence using these tons of sculptures I have lying around or in storage.

Speaking of storage, gee whiz, what a mess! I've got a few chests that make sense, like a blue full of fish, or a green one, full of veg or seeds. White one with just mining and building mat type stuff. Cool! But, what is this red chest, with like, some seed packets, buncha weapons, couple red geodes, some corn and shrimps. What is this chest with just one of a bunch of gold/iridium singleton crops/forage? I know I had a system before that made sense to me, but past me was on some poo poo I guess.

Oh also went to the mines to hunt some dusty boys, ended up just wasting my energy on the wrong early floors but i got a couple secret notes. Forgot what these are for, am I supposed to go to where they mention ort something? They disappear after, someone lost their mom's necklace by a river or something.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Secret Notes are registered in your collections tab after reading them so you can review them any time.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

does krobus sleep in the same bed as the farmer?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Khanstant posted:

Yeah, could've really used one of those, or one of the in-game auto-journals that loosely records what you've been up to. This was a few years for this save. I have a more recent farm but it was a co-op with someone I ain't play with anymore and dunno feels weird to play that farm. This is my OG "Ruined Farm"

Seems like I was maybe on a project to stock up my shed fully with kegs and jars. Seems I've planted a lot of thick gridded forest on the outskirts of the farm. I guess I have grass everywhere because it's spring and I bet I wa running low on hay in winter and over compensated. Plus these beasts eat a ton of grass everyday. MY past solution was grass everywhere + fence posts with perma grass under them so they cant eat me dry. I assume I have no fence to keep the critters from going in my crops bc it doesn't matter and I hated fence repairing. However, now I am a bit bothered by animals trampling my crops, or worse, making me pick crops while trying to pet them. I am thinking of making a psuedo fence using these tons of sculptures I have lying around or in storage.

Speaking of storage, gee whiz, what a mess! I've got a few chests that make sense, like a blue full of fish, or a green one, full of veg or seeds. White one with just mining and building mat type stuff. Cool! But, what is this red chest, with like, some seed packets, buncha weapons, couple red geodes, some corn and shrimps. What is this chest with just one of a bunch of gold/iridium singleton crops/forage? I know I had a system before that made sense to me, but past me was on some poo poo I guess.

Oh also went to the mines to hunt some dusty boys, ended up just wasting my energy on the wrong early floors but i got a couple secret notes. Forgot what these are for, am I supposed to go to where they mention ort something? They disappear after, someone lost their mom's necklace by a river or something.

The chest of iridium stuff was probably saving stuff to put on display at the fair.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Tylana posted:

The chest of iridium stuff was probably saving stuff to put on display at the fair.

That makes sense, looks like I even put a gap between the best stuff and backups.

Seems also I just hoarded a bunch of iridium quality anything else I got, just in case. And yet, I went into abandoned Joja to find some new bundle and laughed assuming I'd wrap it up right then and now... I only had one thing, bottle of silver star wine, and I had to buy it back from Pierre.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Why would you save stuff for the grange when you can just use Lewis' shorts every year?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think I gave em back? whoops

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The number of things you can do with those shorts is hilarious. 1.5 adding another couple things with them is great.

Also lewis doesn't deserve Marnie :colbert:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Psion posted:

The number of things you can do with those shorts is hilarious. 1.5 adding another couple things with them is great.

Also lewis doesn't deserve Marnie :colbert:

Especially since he won’t let them be publicly together but she so desperately wants to be. :(

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lewis doesn't "have" Marnie, she's just using him for a ride ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

webmeister posted:

I also do this, it's really helpful. Especially for co-op games when we might be independently working on multiple things at once.

hopeandjoy posted:

Especially since he won’t let them be publicly together but she so desperately wants to be. :(

marlon is right there!!! I'm sure this will be a quest added in 1.5.3 ;)