Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I Before E posted:

They may be incredibly flawed pieces of software, but they're consistently a fun time.
they’re also way more fun to watch on those nl royal rumble marathons than most other wrestling games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
MDickie probably could have done any number (a few) things with his life, but by the grace of god he decided to make wresting games.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've never played an MDickie game, but I've always been interested after seeing a clip from a match in (I assume) Vince's office where someone was set on fire and thrown out a window, and the ref counted them out. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a wrestling game.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fly Ricky posted:

MDickie probably could have done any number (a few) things with his life, but by the grace of god he decided to make wresting games.

And, thankfully, he finally realized he could stick to wrestling games instead of making games about Jesus and Muhammad.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MDickie’s wrestling game controls better than the 2k games and you have way more freedom in general. The framerate is horrible tho but I don’t care really, simulating matches in these games is a hilarious riot, and the Menu BGM is as memorably bad as No Mercy..

“I think I might like you!”

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Eat My Fuc posted:

MDickie’s wrestling game controls better than the 2k games and you have way more freedom in general. The framerate is horrible tho but I don’t care really, simulating matches in these games is a hilarious riot, and the Menu BGM is as memorably bad as No Mercy..

“I think I might like you!”

I mean fwiw it looks like he's finally figured out how to have not lovely framerates, turns out using an engine that isn't DARKBASIC or Flash was the key all along :v:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Watching newlegacy play mDicky games is just as good as any television show. And the stories are amazing, one time the main character, who had repeatedly come back from death, was booked on a tribute show. It was because of razor Ramon, who was suspected to be culpable in the death of the 123 kid. The show ended with the main character power bombing his opponent through a coffin, killing them.

Hell of a tribute.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There's no telling what we're gonna see here!

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1347603072047063044

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

Watching newlegacy play mDicky games is just as good as any television show. And the stories are amazing, one time the main character, who had repeatedly come back from death, was booked on a tribute show. It was because of razor Ramon, who was suspected to be culpable in the death of the 123 kid. The show ended with the main character power bombing his opponent through a coffin, killing them.

Hell of a tribute.

I literally had a career mode where Big Show died and Andre the Giant was being sought as a person of interest in his death.

Yes, the game gave me a Filicide twist.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

They're playing Empire

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I wonder if the next proper WWE game will have a Thunderdome arena.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Didn't realize that MDickie released his wrestling game for the switch yesterday apparently? I love those dumb rear end games anyone try it out?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Didn't realize that MDickie released his wrestling game for the switch yesterday apparently? I love those dumb rear end games anyone try it out?

I've only played a bit of it but it's pretty fun, no dropping frames when a bunch of dynamite goes off and it's overall pretty smooth.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Does Wrestling Empire have a create mode? It would be a huge bummer if you couldn't create freak shows for this mess.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Big Bidness posted:

Does Wrestling Empire have a create mode? It would be a huge bummer if you couldn't create freak shows for this mess.

from the stream I watch it indeed had a create a wrestler

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I don't see where to create but I see where you can edit the hell out of everyone.
Which means it's time for a LOT of renames.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wonder if this newer version comes to pc or if he updated wrestling revolution 3d or if this is switch only

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

If anyone has a cheat sheet handy of the actual names of the included wrestlers so I can go on a renaming spree that's be real swell of you

Shard posted:

I wonder if this newer version comes to pc or if he updated wrestling revolution 3d or if this is switch only

It's coming elsewhere eventually

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Future world champion

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah right now it's not 100% feature complete, as there's no booking mode (and he's working on some sort of free-roam mode that i think ties into career) but you can edit people, do career, do crazy match types etc.

He's never really had a "true" CAW mode in his games, just the ability to go in and edit people but that usually is suitable enough.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I don’t think I want anyone other than MDickie himself to make fake versions of real wrestlers for his games. He’s a true artist when it comes to making hosed-up CAWs.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The story mode is still so drat funny. The Vince knock off asked me to change my gimmick and I was already fully in the new gear in his office as he was asking me. Immediately started doing roids too.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't realize Wrestling Empire came out already. I know literally nothing about it, but I'm excited to jump in blind. Gonna plan to stream it tonight at 11pm EST, in case anyone wants to swing by.

https://twitch.tv/kiarrrash

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Never heard about Wrestling Empire or MDickie before but it looks like fun jank! Is there a recommended buy option for an MDickie game that's available on PC/Steam? I'm asking because Switch games have no regional pricing for me and Empire doesn't seem to be on PC (yet?).

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Artelier posted:

Never heard about Wrestling Empire or MDickie before but it looks like fun jank! Is there a recommended buy option for an MDickie game that's available on PC/Steam? I'm asking because Switch games have no regional pricing for me and Empire doesn't seem to be on PC (yet?).

Wrestling Revolution 3D is pretty solid and runs pretty decently on PC, sadly a lot of the older ones are absolute bitches to get running on modern pcs and the 2D ones have gigantic advertising banners on them that you can't really get rid of.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Artelier posted:

I'm asking because Switch games have no regional pricing for me and Empire doesn't seem to be on PC (yet?).

Fawf posted:

It's coming elsewhere eventually

Weedle
May 31, 2006

he's gone from making dos games in blitzbasic to making timed exclusives for nintendo. what a journey

Penguin Patrol posted:

I didn't realize Wrestling Empire came out already. I know literally nothing about it, but I'm excited to jump in blind. Gonna plan to stream it tonight at 11pm EST, in case anyone wants to swing by.

https://twitch.tv/kiarrrash

hey i really enjoyed this last night, thanks for the stream

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Supporting the man MDickie by getting his game.

Current Ranking of Nintendo Switch Wrestling games:
1. MDickie Wrestling Empire
2. Pro Wrestling on NES Switch Online
3. Natsume Championship Wrestling on SNES Switch Online
4. WWE Battlegrounds
99. WWE 2k18 (shouldn't even be legal to sell this, it barely functions)

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Weedle posted:

hey i really enjoyed this last night, thanks for the stream

Thank you for checking it out! I had a loving blast, so I'll probably end up doing a few more hours tonight.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've been streaming the classic 4 US N64 wrestling games and am starting No Mercy tonight at 8:30 ET/7:30 CT: https://twitch.tv/gansobomb_

Come hang out if you want to watch old games and talk about [insert your desired topic here].

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Mat Dickie really has it out for me. My second ever match is a tag team with a mystery partner. The partner turns on me because he was scheduled to turn heel that week anyway. Despite this, I end up winning a title. I then get double-booked every night in back-to-back title matches against people with managers who frequently just stay in the ring to break up every attempt of a move. Then, I get challenged to increase my win percentage to an impossible to achieve number in the amount of time given. Except they also cancel shows on me. So I get fired. Except I’m still champion. So I get blasted in the press for appearing in Wrestling School as another promotion’s champion, and only then do they award the title to someone else.

So it’s a fun game.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
In the new legacy run, their boss demanded they get out of debt. While being wrestling school and making no money.

( they spent $200 a week bringing tnt to the ring, which is how they went broke in the first place.)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is there a known mass method to unsubscribe/uninstall created guys in FPWW? now that i have all the parts crafts content, a lot of the guys that i downloaded when the game first released feel very redundant and don't match up at all cosmetically or moves wise and i kind of feel like starting over.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JOHN CENA posted:

is there a known mass method to unsubscribe/uninstall created guys in FPWW? now that i have all the parts crafts content, a lot of the guys that i downloaded when the game first released feel very redundant and don't match up at all cosmetically or moves wise and i kind of feel like starting over.

The last time I installed Fire Pro I gave up when I saw I still had all these poo poo really old created wrestlers. So I would be interested in this.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

There's not really a way to do it with the base game, other than deleting/unsubscribing manually. There's a free-standing "Mass Delete" mod. There's a small chance it could break your save file, but it generally works well and save files are easy to back up and replace.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Does Wrestling Empire actually 'work' as a game or is it just waiting to see which train wreck hits you? Because I remember the first being more of a barely-functional spectacle than a video game.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 15, 2021

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

I would just mass unsubscribe in Steam. Then just zap the save out of your user folder so when you start the game again its fresh. Also make sure to turn off cloud saves before you do this.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

On a related note, anyone have a good setup for Fire Promoter? I'm feeling the urge again, but not so much the urge to set up and pick out CAWs for the eight feds I won't be looking at...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Budget Dracula posted:

I would just mass unsubscribe in Steam. Then just zap the save out of your user folder so when you start the game again its fresh. Also make sure to turn off cloud saves before you do this.

ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/wrestling-empire people get it, glad to see positive reviews even with the obvious technical issues that make things more fun. I hope MDickie makes some money.