Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Cloacamazing! posted:

I mean, he's completely right, it's becoming more and more difficult to distinguish between a Republican mob and a nazi mob.

Yeah. Yggles says a lot of stupid poo poo, but he gets some stuff right, and this is one of those cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Cloacamazing! posted:

I mean, he's completely right, it's becoming more and more difficult to distinguish between a Republican mob and a nazi mob.

But have you really considered that racism is a major American perspective, no less valid than any other?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Matty is a piece of poo poo and he’s saying they’re just normal republicans not a racist mob, as if there’s a difference. He’s not making the point that they’re impossible to tell apart. He’s giving the benefit of the doubt because he likes being a contrarian and getting attention of Twitter by being edgy (read: lovely)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Facebook Aunt posted:

Does that even need a recipie?

Boil a water. Egg. In it.

Preheat the eggs in merely hot water for a while before turning up the heat so the the yolks come out evenly cooked.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

ultrafilter posted:

Yeah. Yggles says a lot of stupid poo poo, but he gets some stuff right, and this is one of those cases.

This is not one of those cases. He's arguing the Camp Auschwitz hoodie and all the rebel flags actually weren't racist.

Edit: for more content, have PhDs trying to instill mature and civil discourse into their students by...throwing toddler tantrums in class.

https://twitter.com/justjess_PhD/status/1349019982819192839?s=19

Poor Miserable Gurgi has a new favorite as of 18:16 on Jan 13, 2021

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

ultrafilter posted:

I don't think he meant it that way...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

This is not one of those cases. He's arguing the Camp Auschwitz hoodie and all the rebel flags actually weren't racist.

Edit: for more content, have PhDs trying to instill mature and civil discourse into their students by...throwing toddler tantrums in class.

This is a thing taught in one of the basic first english classes everyone has to take in US college, last I checked, and the douchiest and chuddiest professors hammer it hard. Can't believe these college kids haven't finished ENGL-1301! Why didn't they simply go to a better public school?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

This is a thing taught in one of the basic first english classes everyone has to take in US college, last I checked, and the douchiest and chuddiest professors hammer it hard. Can't believe these college kids haven't finished ENGL-1301! Why didn't they simply go to a better public school?

It's also incredibly subjective professor to professor. Most I know, including me, don't give a poo poo, as long as I know who it's from and what they're asking and they're not being an rear end.

The fact that she has picky desires for email etiquette, apparently doesn't lay out for students what she wants, and then shames them is the worst type of teacher.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm usually against any website that advocates reviewing people, but at the same time this:

https://twitter.com/ajay_pdx/status/1349156838063763458

Does make me laugh a fair bit.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

It's also incredibly subjective professor to professor. Most I know, including me, don't give a poo poo, as long as I know who it's from and what they're asking and they're not being an rear end.

The fact that she has picky desires for email etiquette, apparently doesn't lay out for students what she wants, and then shames them is the worst type of teacher.

Most figure it out when you reply "I'm sorry gokufan420 @yahoo.com, but I'm afraid I don't know what class you are in or what you need. If you can provide more information from your student email address, I can help."

These theatrics are so unhelpful and unnecessary.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

All my professors told us it was fine to be more casual with them or were very casual when they replied to my emails. Students aren't doing it out of disrespect, necessarily, but because the expected rules of discourse aren't super clear in a modern college environment. I still tended to be more formal and use titles in emails until there was more of a rapport, but I can absolutely see someone busting in with a 'Hey, I'm projectile vomiting, can I have a copy of the lecture slides for today?' because that's what other professors have told them to do.

PetraCore has a new favorite as of 19:10 on Jan 13, 2021

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I'm fine with dodgy email openings, but anyone who sends me a meeting invite and doesn't explain what the meeting is about needs their fingers broken with a tiny hammer. Literally one sentence, that's all i'm after. I've had meeting invites where the subject line is just "Meeting" and it drives me barmy.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I'm fine with dodgy email openings, but anyone who sends me a meeting invite and doesn't explain what the meeting is about needs their fingers broken with a tiny hammer. Literally one sentence, that's all i'm after. I've had meeting invites where the subject line is just "Meeting" and it drives me barmy.
Declined. Reason: Declined

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Josef bugman posted:

I'm usually against any website that advocates reviewing people, but at the same time this:

You should have kept going in that thread

https://twitter.com/BugInTheRoom/status/1349178351462838276

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mx. posted:

diezelraccoon is suuuuuper fashy

He's banned from so many loving cons and chats. I just want him to gently caress off to the nazifurs openly, god. People think BUT HE CUTE SUIT
to loving bad he's still a loving chud.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Well at least they admitted it.

Also lmao at defending Keemstar at all for anything.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1349478094407675906

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

when you're right, you're right

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well at least they admitted it.

Also lmao at defending Keemstar at all for anything.

I'm more concerned with what they though snitching meant.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elblanco posted:

Yeah I think the inflation gave it away.

I don't think this got enough appreciation.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Mike is not the idiot: https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/status/1349431707003473927?s=19

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

Josef bugman posted:

It gets better

https://twitter.com/nashwalina/status/1349432307371958272

https://twitter.com/nashwalina/status/1349439221254250498

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
We got a mass email once from a lecturer about email etiquette where she said she didn't care about particularly formal greetings or referring to her as dr. or even using her surname at all but she was really really tied of getting emails that started LISTEN UP (first name) and I think about that often.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

loving lol @ asking your students to argue with your twitter critics.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

goldenninjawarrior posted:

We got a mass email once from a lecturer about email etiquette where she said she didn't care about particularly formal greetings or referring to her as dr. or even using her surname at all but she was really really tied of getting emails that started LISTEN UP (first name) and I think about that often.

Were her students ... professional wrestlers?

EDIT: YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL ESSAYS ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT ASSIGNMENT 2 AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH YOUR HOMEWORK YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT I'M AN EDUCATIONAL FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT FAIL ME! AND THEN YOU ADD APA 6TH TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE 3 WAY AT ASSIGNMENT 2 YOU GOT A 33 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I, I GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE APA 6TH KNOWS IT CAN'T BEAT ME AND IT'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO PROFESSOR YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS MY 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT ASSIGNMENT 2. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT ASSIGNMENT 2! PROFESSOR?THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT ASSIGNMENT 2!

hooman has a new favorite as of 02:15 on Jan 14, 2021

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

OwlFancier posted:

loving lol @ asking your students to argue with your twitter critics.

and for all her sticklerism wrt FoRmAl WrItInG she wrote loving "fair well" when it's loving "fare". C- learn your idioms if you're going to swan about claiming to be queen poo poo of phds and writing styles

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ParlerCringe/status/1349542334388707330

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Splicer posted:

Declined. Reason: Declined

Saving this for a future probation reason.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

...tight...?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

As opposed to a more relaxed “cut”, sometimes known informally as a “frill”.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Subjunctive posted:

As opposed to a more relaxed “cut”, sometimes known informally as a “frill”.

A mock turtleneck vs a crew neck, I really don’t get why this is so difficult to comprehend

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
If you're not circumcised, you can unfold the frills to scare aware predators!

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

ponzicar posted:

If you're not circumcised, you can unfold the frills to scare aware predators!

And if that doesn't work, it can spit in Newman's face.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Like I don't want to know one way or the other, but if I was forced to put money on it I'd bet Joe Biden was circumcised,

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Skwirl posted:

Like I don't want to know one way or the other, but if I was forced to put money on it I'd bet Joe Biden was circumcised,

I feel like it would have come up during the campaign if he wasn’t

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/nathanoseroff/status/1349392202032680964

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I feel like this has to be a troll because anti-circumcision is such a thing these days and I've never encountered a modern Christian with strong pro-circumcision feelings, but internet weirdos have thrown me for a loop so many times that I no longer have the ability to tell a gimmick from a weird obsesssion.

People who literally believe that most of the government is run by lizard aliens who torture children for stress hormones to drink tried to take over the white house and either everything is real or nothing is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I am fully aware that shamelessness and rich parents are the only qualities the British public respects, and I am somehow still floored at how shameless that tweet is.