Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

there's no way I'm putting all of my eggs in the "McConnell will do something I approve of" basket.

Reportedly he's done with Trump and all but I could not force myself to read that news as anything other than 'McConnell flies a flag asking what concessions he can get when he's no longer in charge.'

Something like, you can convict Trump or you can have me be ok with slightly more stimulus to get through the pandemic, your choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Timby posted:

Convicted. :eng101: (To impeach means to accuse. Hence why for example, someone of exceptional character who can be completely trusted might be called unimpeachable.)

That would be a separate Senate vote from voting to remove from office, although it would only require a simple majority as opposed to the two-thirds required for removal.

yeah, convicted my bad

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The only thing giving me optimism about the senate is McConnell saying Trump should be convicted, but there's no way I'm putting all of my eggs in the "McConnell will do something I approve of" basket.

in my opinion, guys like McConnell are old hat. the GOP is going to keep supporting and electing dumbasses who sound like a loving boomer's facebook feed every time they speak. eventually that will be the majority of the party because that's the poo poo that the right gets excited about now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

People act like Newsome being a weirdo hypocrite with the covid mandates makes covid not real.

I laugh every time I see him because he is clearly a Showtime Lakers fan and tries to make himself look like 80s Pat Riley at all times

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

No Butt Stuff posted:

the air force academy mostly, and the air force officer corp is probably the most ridiculously christian of all the officer corps.

Man no wonder my dad never got past major

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1349413938480492546?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Jordan keeps yielding 2-3 minutes and the dems are just doing 1 at a time, I don't watch these things much does this mean the dems are going to get a ton of uninterrupted time to speak at the end at this rate?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Timby posted:

Convicted. :eng101: (To impeach means to accuse. Hence why for example, someone of exceptional character who can be completely trusted might be called unimpeachable.)

That would be a separate Senate vote from voting to remove from office, although it would only require a simple majority as opposed to the two-thirds required for removal.

The new congress can charge him with violating the 14th amendment, which also disqualifies him from holding office

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1349402475841941504?s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've seen people say that impeached presidents also lose other post-presidential powers, like a secret service detail, "retirement" money, among other things.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

I've seen people say that impeached presidents also lose other post-presidential powers, like a secret service detail, "retirement" money, among other things.

Trump is never losing his Secret Service detail since their real job is to make sure he doesn't turn state secrets over to whomever

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Rs arguments seem to be largely centered on "free speech!" and "come onnnnnnnnn he's leaving office in a week just let it go"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

WHAT

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

Trump is never losing his Secret Service detail since their real job is to make sure he doesn't turn state secrets over to whomever

Intruder posted:

The Rs arguments seem to be largely centered on "free speech!" and "come onnnnnnnnn he's leaving office in a week just let it go"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzdtInppgpg

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Apparently it’s likely just so she can move money around due to campaign finance laws. I mean, I’ll put nothing past her, but pretty standard.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I thought it was a joke, but apparently she's planning to run for Senate again. She'll be 91.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I thought it was a joke, but apparently she's planning to run for Senate again. She'll be 91.

:lol: I thought it was just a joke, too. Holy gently caress. I mean, I guess if they're encouraging Grassley to run at 89, why the hell not.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There was that article that came out last month with a bunch of Feinstein's staffers anonymously saying that her brain is in sharp decline and that she forgets anything you tell her. It's been on display too, like at the hearing where Jack Dorsey spoke, she asked him the same question twice.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lmao Gaetz said Trump was right about the Biden crime family, of course he did

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Feinstein probably isn't running again, she has to file that paperwork so that she doesn't have to like, give back all her campaign financing money or whatever.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Here’s one for you. Johnny Mnemonic takes place in two days.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Here’s one for you. Johnny Mnemonic takes place in two days.

Where’s my goddamn talking dolphin, “scientists”.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
how does one acquire runes in Valhalla? I want to upgrade my equipment to the cutting edge stuff

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

how does one acquire runes in Valhalla? I want to upgrade my equipment to the cutting edge stuff

From chests anywhere. Go to the gold dots on your map if you want to get them faster. Er, for opening slots to place them in weapons/armor if they don't already have slots I think you upgrade stuff at the blacksmith (using other stuff you find in chests mainly).

Basically loot everything is all.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

hahahahaha they're having boebert speak

e: I hope they get marjorie taylor greene up there ranting about Q

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 13, 2021

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

hahahahaha they're having boebert speak

e: I hope they get marjorie taylor greene up there ranting about Q

https://twitter.com/JRehling/status/1349428906718240769

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why is this Steube guy wearing a Joker costume

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1349429943869038594

Well there we go, we can forget the whole impeachment thing and probably even recall all those National Guard troops.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Apropos of not a damned thing have a picture of this roman statue of Achilles and Troilus from the second century I just stumbled across.

https://i.imgur.com/XIuR6T9.jpg

Sup fellas? Just strolling around but rear end naked except for my cape carrying around the body of a dead boy like a sack of grain.

Crap, linked and NSFW for statue penis I guess.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Grittybeard posted:

Apropos of not a damned thing have a picture of this roman statue of Achilles and Troilus from the second century I just stumbled across.

https://i.imgur.com/XIuR6T9.jpg

Sup fellas? Just strolling around but rear end naked except for my cape carrying around the body of a dead boy like a sack of grain.

Crap, linked and NSFW for statue penis I guess.

I'm having a good run so I'll just take the Cyclops Jerky Plus thanks

Oh hey you're not Patroclus

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Holy poo poo they just threw in "Don't impeach and I promise to work with you" and an "America First"

e: Greene's speech was sadly lacking the crazy I was hoping for

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 13, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blowjob Overtime posted:

:lol: I thought it was just a joke, too. Holy gently caress. I mean, I guess if they're encouraging Grassley to run at 89, why the hell not.
Strom Thurmond served into his 100s.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The best thing Strom did was ruin Newt's career

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/CSMFHT/status/1349268445922136065?s=19

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Intruder posted:

The best thing Strom did was ruin Newt's career

Accidently taking down Trent Lott due to insane racism has to be up there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this just showed back up in my recommended after years

one of my favorite animal videos ever, about a honey badger's incredible ability to escape his enclosure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36UNSoJenI

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Is there some reason Amazon delivery people never ever knock or ring the bell? I’m not looking for them to hand me a package or whatever, but it’d be super cool if I didn’t leave a laptop on my front porch for two hours because I had no idea they came by, despite sitting on the couch mere feet from the door.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

You get live updates if you use the phone app. It'll even tell you when they're a few stops away.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Is there some reason Amazon delivery people never ever knock or ring the bell? I’m not looking for them to hand me a package or whatever, but it’d be super cool if I didn’t leave a laptop on my front porch for two hours because I had no idea they came by, despite sitting on the couch mere feet from the door.

I dunno why they don't knock, but they have a notification system where you can get push notifications via the app or texts messages

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Mine knock but they usually are a light knock so if you're not near the door you might not hear it. This is another good reason to have a camera with motion detection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Accidently taking down Trent Lott due to insane racism has to be up there.

Was it Lott? Whichever one of them publicly said the country would be better if Strom had won the presidency on his apartheid platform