Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

magiccarpet posted:

Ronny B is worth a listen today.

Is there any way to get these past shows? anyone know if Sirius on demand works for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

So Opie tweeted this the other day in regards to possibly starting his own podcast network or something?

https://twitter.com/opieradio/status/1346819180931198976?s=21

lol

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Pontificating rear end posted:

Is there any way to get these past shows? anyone know if Sirius on demand works for that?

The date is wrong, this was the 7th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4GwqwmOGQY

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

T Bowl posted:

The date is wrong, this was the 7th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4GwqwmOGQY

Out of curiosity is this the same Vito that they had 5-ish years ago?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Morter posted:

Out of curiosity is this the same Vito that they had 5-ish years ago?

Yup. He was an R&F intern, then got a job at SiriusXM working phones/producing on a few other shows (including Steve Bannon's Breitbart Radio show), then came back to Bennington as producer. For the first few years Bennington was Ron & Gail, Chris Pepper Hicks Stanley as executive producer, Vito as producer, and Jen as producer. Jen left Bennington to help produce Nikki Glaser's (now canceled) morning show on Comedy Central Radio, You Up. With Jen leaving it left a spot open and Ron pulled a few strings to get Earl Douglas back into radio and now he's been a producer for 2 or 3 years now.

During the pandemic Vito has been the only one going to SiriusXM to run the board, Ron & Gail are using IP Codecs and broadcasting from their respective homes, Chris has been producing via phone (and now finally IP Codec) from his home, his girlfriend's place, and occasionally from Frackville, PA. Earl has been calling in when he remembers to and just listens to the show everyday doing no actual work.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Vito sounds completely different. Is he also the announcer at the beginning??

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

yeah

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

JFC posted:

Earl has been calling in when he remembers to and just listens to the show everyday doing no actual work.

I'm glad to know that Earl is still the same Earl he's always been, even after all these years: a genuine lazy bum.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

On mondays, i never go to work
On tuesdays, i stay at home
On wednesdays, im never feeling fine
Work is the last thing on my mind

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I miss Shelby

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

AndrewP posted:

I miss Shelby

I didn't listen to much Shelby era Ron and Fez but I sometimes think about him describing not being able to cum

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Mid-Shelby was when I stopped listening. Remind me what stupid thing he did to get fired again? Didn't he go on Radio Andy and mouth off or something?

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
shelby had big dsl's

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Another Bill posted:

Mid-Shelby was when I stopped listening. Remind me what stupid thing he did to get fired again? Didn't he go on Radio Andy and mouth off or something?

I think they bitched that he wasn't doing his work. Slacking.

Funny hearing about Earl then.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shelby definitely wasn't a great producer but he was great at owning Fez

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

. Wrong thread

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
You can hear Shelby now as producer for What A Time To Be Alive, which is literally a weird news podcast hosted by DSA comedians

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Morter posted:

Vito was always a big guy but once he got fat enough that people started calling him and Chris twins he started eating right, working out, and riding his bike everywhere. He lost a lot of weight and it's made him sound different. Ron also started losing weight after another comic told him (just before the lockdown started) about how he became diabetic because he ate like poo poo and didn't exercise. This prompted Ron to cut out all sugar and go on long walks everyday. Gail has dropped a bunch of weight too (most of it baby weight), and now even Chris Stanley has - mostly because he is with his girlfriend all the time and she's making him eat better and drink less.

Seriously, check out their Instagram and they look like different people. The used the lockdown to get healthy. Except Earl. Eatin' chicken wings with lemonade.

https://www.instagram.com/benningtonsxm/?hl=en

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

T Bowl posted:

I think they bitched that he wasn't doing his work. Slacking.

I remember Shelby was the best intern- really sharp and funny and an easy hire to choose. And then he got paid for it and became Fez junior, freezing up on air and slacking in his creative duties. It's like Fez infected him somehow with his craziness. Toxoplasmosis maybe.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

You can hear Shelby now as producer for What A Time To Be Alive, which is literally a weird news podcast hosted by DSA comedians

Wait, that's THAT Shelby?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shelb and Molly best intern duo

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

AndrewP posted:

Shelb and Molly best intern duo

"Classic Sheeelb! :buddy:"

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Wait, that's THAT Shelby?

Yeah he used to have a mic for a while and it was definitely him

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Pontificating rear end posted:

I remember Shelby was the best intern- really sharp and funny and an easy hire to choose. And then he got paid for it and became Fez junior, freezing up on air and slacking in his creative duties. It's like Fez infected him somehow with his craziness. Toxoplasmosis maybe.

Was Shelby the one that got in trouble with HR for lying about his college course or something, or am I remembering that totally wrong?

Ron & Fez did typically burn through producers really quick - I guess the nature of the type of show they did was pretty demanding. Probably made worse by the additional pressure put on the producers when one of the main hosts is mute for 95% of a show. Fez also really took a massive dislike to him once he was hired.

Still, Fez making Shelby to go to Thanksgiving dinner with him and pretend to be his twink lover to upset his elderly mother is peak Ron & Fez.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
If I remember right, Shelby actually stood up to Ron one time on air and promptly got thrown out of the studio for it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

TL posted:

If I remember right, Shelby actually stood up to Ron one time on air and promptly got thrown out of the studio for it.

Is that after he called O&A has-beens?

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Smugworth posted:

No, I think he said that having Paul McCartney cancel an interview with them wasn't completely unreasonable. Because, you know, he's a loving Beatle and they are just another American radio program. Ron promptly poo poo his pants on the air.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Here's what Shelby said:

Audio is played at 5:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsyTT-OI-Lc

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I've been doing the big re-listen and I just got to the XM show. Ron has some legendary patience with the pest overlap.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Smugworth posted:

It was something else. One of their friends (I think it was Fred from Brooklyn) was in studio, Shelby and Fez got into a fight, Shelby yelled at Fez, Ron gave Shelby some poo poo, Shelby said he wouldn't be talked to like that, and Ron screamed at him to get out of the studio, in a "not a bit" sort of way. It was really, really uncomfortable.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I feel like the same thing happened another time, except it was Zito and Troy Quan getting into a fight and Ron basically threatened to kill Zito after he said you cant talk to me that way to him

Apparently threatening interns is a pattern with Ron!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Mark Zito still works at SiriusXM in promotions.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

TL posted:

It was something else. One of their friends (I think it was Fred from Brooklyn) was in studio, Shelby and Fez got into a fight, Shelby yelled at Fez, Ron gave Shelby some poo poo, Shelby said he wouldn't be talked to like that, and Ron screamed at him to get out of the studio, in a "not a bit" sort of way. It was really, really uncomfortable.

link lol

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sheen Sheen posted:

I feel like the same thing happened another time, except it was Zito and Troy Quan getting into a fight and Ron basically threatened to kill Zito after he said you cant talk to me that way to him

Apparently threatening interns is a pattern with Ron!

I heard that one, never heard Ron throw Shelby out.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Believe me, I've been trying to find it. I used to have it on my computer but that was about four laptops ago.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I think during the Breakfast Poster bit(Fred from Brooklyn in again) Fez threatened Zito and Zito basically said "bring it on" and Ron lost his entire loving mind.

I believe that was the "you'll wake up in the hospital thinking 'thank god Ron is in prison and can't get to me'" time.

edit: found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIgB-VTeIO4

Mob fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 14, 2021

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Was the Zito vs Troy Quan thing on O&A? Zito seemed to be at the core of lots of blowups lol

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Sheen Sheen posted:

Was the Zito vs Troy Quan thing on O&A? Zito seemed to be at the core of lots of blowups lol

It was, pretty much scrubbed off the internet though.

That Troy Quan didn't get banned for that is a miracle.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Vichan posted:

It was, pretty much scrubbed off the internet though.

That Troy Quan didn't get banned for that is a miracle.

It seemed like it would be at least as big of an HR issue as Opie filming Roland taking a dump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mob posted:

I think during the Breakfast Poster bit(Fred from Brooklyn in again) Fez threatened Zito and Zito basically said "bring it on" and Ron lost his entire loving mind.

I believe that was the "you'll wake up in the hospital thinking 'thank god Ron is in prison and can't get to me'" time.

edit: found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIgB-VTeIO4

Yeah, this was it! Christ, this was awkward.