Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

THE HOUSE IS NOT IN ORDER :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Why do the always use that Ben Franklin line?

I swear, this must have been the 50th time (across Trump's entire term)

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Steny Hoyer looking like he's about to rip out some insulation from an old rear end house...

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
AOC had a proxy voting on her this morning, so yeah I'm assuming she's not on site

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ither posted:

Why do the always use that Ben Franklin line?

I swear, this must have been the 50th time (across Trump's entire term)

Because it's their excuse for being callous dicks who don't give a gently caress when people die

If you're tired of that phrase just wait until a Target is looted or a Muslim does a terrorism, then we must have law and order, and civil liberties are a weakness

E: I assume you mean the "liberty vs safety" line

If you mean the "republic if you can keep it line" then what they mean is disagreeing with Republicans is a betrayal of the Republic

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
How long is Hoyer going to speak for because it seems like its a loving eternity and he's mentioned Cheney like 40 fuckin times. Get to the drat vote.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So after 6 hours of bullshit today a week after an insurrection and and attempted coup by the sitting US president we're going to get a party line house vote except for Liz Cheney, aren't we?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Hollismason posted:

How long is Hoyer going to speak for because it seems like its a loving eternity and he's mentioned Cheney like 40 fuckin times. Get to the drat vote.

When you reach his age, you treat every speech like it could be your last.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

BiggerBoat posted:

So after 6 hours of bullshit today a week after an insurrection and and attempted coup by the sitting US president we're going to get a party line house vote except for Liz Cheney, aren't we?

We've got 6 GOP house on the record for supporting it

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

there are reportedly :siren:six:siren: republicans publicly saying they'll vote yes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BiggerBoat posted:

nah, we will have a couple GOP vote. maybe 7 idk.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hollismason posted:

if you can't handle tedious gasbags bloviating for hours without saying anything different than anyone else's speech from five minutes ago, don't watch the senate trial

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Already 3 yeas on Republican side, 53 nays.

EDIT: Is this already the impeachment vote?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Oh poo poo we got 3 republican insta-yeas

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what's the point of the losing side of a vote forcing a roll call vote?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Well, I stand corrected. Very happy to be wrong.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

smoobles posted:

to be dicks and waste time.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

smoobles posted:

to get their votes on record

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Crenshaw voted no lmao duh

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004
Some Rs mashed the poo poo out of that "Impeach Trump" button like it would eject Trump out of the Whitehouse into a volcano directly.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I agree with everything Hoyer said during his speech but its useless against the GOP. You can't convince a group of people in the values of democracy and the integrity of the constitution if they were elected by people who support destroying it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

smoobles posted:

What's the point of these surrogates getting up, wasting time and speaking when everyone else just pushed a button?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CNN believes there are 7 known voting for impeachment. There are a few Republicans who refused to say anything about how they will vote, so there could be a few more who will quietly vote yes and scurry away.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Meijer just released a letter, he's the 7th. The owner of the big supermarket chain.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Vote!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

smoobles posted:

The same reason assholes being arrested drag their feet and go limp.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rigel posted:

CNN believes there are going to be 7. There are a few Republicans who refused to say anything about how they will vote, so there could be a few more who will quietly vote yes and scurry away.

i am guessing around 10 or so.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Sax Mortar posted:

Some Rs mashed the poo poo out of that "Impeach Trump" button like it would eject Trump out of the Whitehouse into a volcano directly.

Do we get to see the order of the votes, like who voted first?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

4 republican yeses now :dance:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

smoobles posted:

This literally happens every time, even for purely ceremonial votes to rename a post office. They need to just change the rules to immediately go to a roll call vote and dispense with the pointless ritual of the voice vote that no one ever respects.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Is there some way to see who's voted already, or do we need to wait until the vote is completed?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

BiggerBoat posted:

What's the point of these surrogates getting up, wasting time and speaking when everyone else just pushed a button?

The others are proxy voters on behalf of absent congresspeople. Like the poor folks who are laid up with COVID are voting via proxy

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

so, 7 are expected.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1349461356882391042

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Looks like we’ve got five who voted yes so far.

Edit: Whoops, that must’ve been miscounted. It’s back to four.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

edit: nm answered already

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

5! 5 Republicans who aren't traitors! Ah-ah-ah

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Seriously, what's the point of dragging this out and repeating over and over "for what purpose does this person seek recognition?" and sending...uh...whoever these people are up there to deliver the loving vote?

I'm honestly wondering.

~parliamentary procedure~

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

BiggerBoat posted:

Seriously, what's the point of dragging this out and repeating over and over "for what purpose does this person seek recognition?" and sending...uh...whoever these people are up there to deliver the loving vote?

I'm honestly wondering.

parliamentary procedure + getting who voted for who when on the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Why did the Repub "Yea" vote go down one?