Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I was so excited for the John Birch Society ep with JorDan and it lived up to all of my hype, I can't wait for part two. Eagerly awaiting the limited release of Bastards Brand Fucksticks (they're just normal hard candy sticks in a very difficult to explain jar).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I apparently haven't listed to enough episodes to know what this machete thing is all about so was very confused when I found this thread.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

YggiDee posted:

I apparently haven't listed to enough episodes to know what this machete thing is all about so was very confused when I found this thread.

Then you’re definitely not ready for the bolt cutters.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've heard about bolt-cutters and Doritos and that one company that does drone strikes, I think either I just missed the machete episodes or zoned out during them :shrug:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Marsupial Ape posted:

I see a thread simply titled ‘Machetes’ in the podcast forum and think to myself, “Ha, wouldn’t it be funny if this was a discussion just for ‘Behind the Bastards’.

And holy poo poo, it is.

One pump, one cream.

much like the podcast this thread has branding issues

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I wasn't complaining. I was celebrating.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

YggiDee posted:

I've heard about bolt-cutters and Doritos and that one company that does drone strikes, I think either I just missed the machete episodes or zoned out during them :shrug:

the live episodes should bring you up to speed with the gist quickly, and as a bonus all three of them are absolutely fantastic good times to listen to

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

You know what DOESN'T have branding issues?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Raytheon

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i wanted to ad that the cohn episode is great and here is the clip of him realizing that mccarthy is dumb drunk and will gently caress him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svUyYzzv6VI&t

the documentary overall is great. you can see mccarthy thinks this is gonna be some big death blow to the case against them and trying to play clever with it and welch is trying to hide a smile.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

it's been Raytheon Technologies since they got bought out by United Technolgies in April and were merged together

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
a. HELL YEAH MAHKNO! MAHKYES!

b. let Jamie say daddy 2k21, how dare she be deprived

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

I've never had to stifle laughter at work because of an editorial note before.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I especially like two results of the ad breaks in this podcast:

1, the bumper music plays, then immediately plays the "back from break" music

2, it goes to an ad for one of Roberts own other podcasts or that therapy service but it still sounds like Robert is just telling me about his opinion on something

head58
Apr 1, 2013

The ad for the Economist read by the WYE crew totally sounds like someone threatened to kill their loved ones unless they read this copy verbatim. It made my day.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

head58 posted:

The ad for the Economist read by the WYE crew totally sounds like someone threatened to kill their loved ones unless they read this copy verbatim. It made my day.

Lmao yeah that was pretty loving lol

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

THE ECONOMIST! :haw:

I love that Jamie's response to BJ Dick completely validated the decision not to tell her about Daddy.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

head58 posted:

I love it.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Every time someone mentions racist suffragettes and Sojourner Truth I remember how they edited her speech and get mad all over again.

Sojourner Truth posted:

May I say a few words? I want to say a few words about this matter.

Frances Dana Gage's edit posted:

Well, children, where there is so much racket there must be something out of kilter. I think that 'twixt the negroes of the South and the women at the North, all talking about rights, the white men will be in a fix pretty soon. But what's all this here talking about?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Everett False posted:

Every time someone mentions racist suffragettes and Sojourner Truth I remember how they edited her speech and get mad all over again.

What the gently caress?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lemniscate Blue posted:

What the gently caress?

its more hosed up if you realize that Truth basically lived her entire life in New York up to the point of that speech, and mostly spoke Dutch at a young age, so using southern speech patterns seems...off

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
When are we getting a Michael Flynn episode? That guy sure is a huge bastard.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey Robert given your track record for naming podcasts can you start a new podcast called “Bust Rodd wins the lottery and also Emily Ratajowski falls in love with him!” you only have to do it for, like, 1 episode

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kik2dagroin posted:

When are we getting a Michael Flynn episode? That guy sure is a huge bastard.

i am curious if we will get an episode or two or so on the capital capitol coup. like it sounds like house reps and senators and such may have legit helped plan this poo poo beyond the "cruz and trump screamed poo poo until it bit their faces" type deal. i guess we will see.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Sooooo I guess the latest Ben Shapiro book reading episode was recorded before Jan. 6? There's a line that's something like "He knew that the media would never label a woman an insurrectionist" and I was like :stare: just waiting for them to laugh at how history had proven the little poo poo wrong yet again. But there was no comment. drat shame!

Love these Ben Shapiro's Terrible Novel readalongs and I'll be sad when the book is finished!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah when I got to that part it was a bit of a long stare

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am curious if we will get an episode or two or so on the capital capitol coup. like it sounds like house reps and senators and such may have legit helped plan this poo poo beyond the "cruz and trump screamed poo poo until it bit their faces" type deal. i guess we will see.

that feels more like a WYE episode to me but we'll see

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly, if Robert wanted to make a case on Donald Trump destroying any vestige of respectability we may have had and ushering in the definitive end of the American Empire and potentially changing the face of global politics forever, I’m confident he could get an easy 25,000 words out of that script.

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

we're launching a new miniseries on fascist insurrections

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

GunFondler42069 posted:

are going to call it "hey i told you so"

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Could be a good pairing with the 1930s Business Plot.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I will say that it feels like the kind of story that deserves time to have investigative journalism and investigative policing take a swing at unravelling all the tangles, before someone properly tells the story.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

GunFondler42069 posted:

!!!!

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

the squeakquel

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

"Christ, I Wish You'd Listened"

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
"They Were Talking About This Openly, C'mon Guys" on the I Heart Radio App or wherever you get your podcasts.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

GunFondler42069 posted:

It's called "Who could have possibly seen this coming"

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Welp, I'm sure Flynn will be at least touched on in the Insurrection miniseries given his proximity to the Trump Administration through pretty much the whole thing!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

GunFondler42069 posted:

You are a goddamned machine, Robert. Your work ethic is impeccable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

holy gently caress robert, almost two hours out of the gate