Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

No Wave posted:

Ganyu barely interacts with the rest of the cast atm. I'm still not convinced she's going to be this SSS tier meta breaker trivializer of content. Are you guys finding it that much easier to clear content with Ganyu than you were before getting her?

I'm never, ever, ever, ever going back to pathetic worthless melee-range dps on Dvalin now that I never have to engage with all the glitchy positioning up on his back when I can just sit on the ground and arrow him to death at leisure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
she takes a massive dump on 11-2, which is nice, since it's the most infuriating single thing in the game by a huge margin right now

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
of course, abyss 11 is +75% cryo right now specifically to sell ganyu to people, and no doubt the next rotation will have a different favored element, so...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Hexel posted:

I feel like I've been playing my Sucrose wrong. it occurred to me as I was gathering crystals today that when I start with an XQ wet application, swirl that and then go ham with Diluc to proc vape, I'm losing the ele resistance debuff.

Should I be starting with pyro and swirling that then triggering vape?

Yes, you need to get pyro swirls to get the VV debuff working properly. It's a bit of a pain if Diluc is your only pyro because you need to hit E1, swap to sucrose, swirl, and swap back to diluc fast enough to use E2 before it goes on cooldown.
You can also just throw Sucrose's burst first and then switch to DIluc to do fire stuff.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If they quadrupled the duration of her Q she'd be a good support for her maybe

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Her durations should really match Xiangling. The Q would still be worse than pyronado, but it would have enough utility to give her a spot in a team that wants support pyro and an archer.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I was getting up to my pity limit when I did a 10-pull and saw that yellow meteor. I pissed as poo poo when Qiqi popped up until the last card on the pull showed a Ganyu.

Shes fun as poo poo, I thought I'd have a hard time playing a bow main, but honestly I miss a lot less than my Klee, who loves to throw bombs at the wrong target as a matter of course.

I'm having great fun with Jean/Ganyu/Klee, with Ganyu being out most of the time, Klee as the melt support, and Jean tossing back any enemies who get close. I just can't settle on my 4th character. I could do:

Qiqi: Cryo resonance and healing. I still don't know what shes does because shes still lv 1.
Sucrose: I somehow have C6 sucrose because the gacha wanted me to have her. Provides swirl damage, EM and anemo resonance.
Anemo MC: Really anemo resonance and burst only, but what a burst it is. Suck up Klee's bomb-lets and any enemies that get close. Nothing will ever get in melee range again.
Bennet: Also for fire resonance and burst only, but if you charge up his skill, you can launch yourself to safety and into bow range (though maybe out of his burst)
Xiangling: Burst and panda. I guess.
XQ. Water swords, but doesn't work on charge attack so not that useful.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's a bit of a pain if Diluc is your only pyro

That team is usually Diluc, XQ, Bennett and Sucrose.

So I should start with Bennett E, swirl that, then apply wet with XQ and finish up with Diluc E's and then his Q if anything is left alive?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Sucrose: I somehow have C6 sucrose because the gacha wanted me to have her. Provides swirl damage, EM and anemo resonance.

As people have been talking about, Sucrose works best as either support for a melt/vaporize team or as a mega-swirler for a bunch of different off-field damage dealers (Fischl, XQ, etc). I don't think either of those describe your team.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
diluc/venti/???/???

bennett c3: obvious choice, but losing elemental coverage coverage hurts
qiqi: her skill is completely at odds with venti's burst, but it makes melt easy and she can heal through anything
fischl c6: I already spend enough time chasing enemies with diluc, but that's a ton of extra damage
XQ c2: don't have a sac sword but he still works well
barbara c5: her???

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Pope Urbane II posted:

Her durations should really match Xiangling. The Q would still be worse than pyronado, but it would have enough utility to give her a spot in a team that wants support pyro and an archer.
Fire and forget deal 3500% damage to an AOE on a 40 energy CD?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The thing with Ganyu is they clearly did what I speculated a long time ago and overtuned her charged shots for mobile. I imagine she'd be bottom tier on mobile (and maybe console) if she didn't have an effective shot that has some insurance against missing. She also has to be a good DPS at a baseline, because her damage output is highly dependent on being able to hit what you're aiming at. If you completely whiff a charged shot, that's two seconds where Ganyu contributed absolutely nothing; this is much harder to do in melee due to the auto-targeting directing your attacks and the plethora of melee-supportive incidental damage, a lot of which will fire off even if you're missing the target (such as XQ's Burst and C6 Oz).

The counterpoint to this is that the game is really easy and there isn't much set up to punish ranged AI-exploiting gameplay. That's not Ganyu's problem, and she could become quite difficult to use effectively if content shifts to more shield-wielding enemies (see current Floor 12) or enemies that rush you down really hard (this very same sort of change would suddenly make Beidou way better; it's content meta, not numbers a lot of the time). But the game's really easy so who cares.

Her not working super well in a lot of teams is an issue I think people are going to notice more and more as the newness wears off. She's pretty effective doing a lot on her own, but is that necessarily the most optimal way to play the game? It's certainly a chill and simple way, but if she's easy to play at a high floor but difficult to design teams for at her ceiling then I think that's actually pretty okay balance-wise. If they wreck that by introducing new ranged supports that massively synergize with her playstyle and turn her into the end all and be all of characters? Well, maybe they will, but we haven't seen any signs of that just yet.

What matters is she shits on Oceanid and frankly, gently caress Oceanid, anyone who dumpsters that boss is good.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They also need to make it hold-targetable. Make Amber's Q a called artillery barrage. I don't mind if it doesn't do much damage if it hits a bunch of times and lingers a while. It's so weird that her C6 gives a 15s buff to the party after using her Burst when her actual Burst lasts two seconds.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

Ganyu barely interacts with the rest of the cast atm. I'm still not convinced she's going to be this SSS tier meta breaker trivializer of content. Are you guys finding it that much easier to clear content with Ganyu than you were before getting her?

I use her to drop enemies dead from afar, or to fire a starter shot and then close the distance with Keqing and enjoy CC along with physical debuff. She made stuff slightly easier and faster so far, but she's only lvl60 (pre-ascension) with lvl40 Amos, so lot of room to scale up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Has anyone used Mona with Ganyu? Seems like her skill (that basically plops down a thing that gathers enemies and repeatedly gets them wet) might interact well with ranged cryo in terms of just freezing them constantly.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Has anyone used Mona with Ganyu? Seems like her skill (that basically plops down a thing that gathers enemies and repeatedly gets them wet) might interact well with ranged cryo in terms of just freezing them constantly.

She definitely works, but the problem is that Mona's E only lasts for about four or five seconds, and it has a cooldown of 12 seconds. You definitely can't keep stuff frozen forever with Mona. Xingqiu has much better uptime, but instead has issues with range and requiring Ganyu to weave normal attacks to make his burst work.

I'm considering using both of them.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
The most favorable team build I've seen so far is Ganyu/Bennett/Xiangling/Venti.

Apply pyro, pop Venti Q, pop Ganyu Q, shoot blooms, everything loving dies.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

What do folks in the thread think about spending Starglitter on wishes versus characters? It's been a small debate in the circle of pals I play the game with.

My initial assumption was that it was always better to buy characters, given that 34 Starglitter gets you six wishes, which probably doesn't get you a 4* under usual RNG. However, by doing wishes over characters, you're also advancing your pity counter. I have 99 Starglitter at the moment which is just shy of doing 20 pulls. That's a pretty good chunk toward the cause of Ganyu C1.

I'm now thinking that maybe it's better to save 34 in case a particular constellation you want comes up, but otherwise buy wishes. You lose a little on total number of 4*s, gain a lot on advancement toward 5*s.

Thoughts?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Characters are better because it’s guaranteed.

It’s not 4 more debate clubs.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Xalidur posted:

What do folks in the thread think about spending Starglitter on wishes versus characters? It's been a small debate in the circle of pals I play the game with.

My initial assumption was that it was always better to buy characters, given that 34 Starglitter gets you six wishes, which probably doesn't get you a 4* under usual RNG. However, by doing wishes over characters, you're also advancing your pity counter. I have 99 Starglitter at the moment which is just shy of doing 20 pulls. That's a pretty good chunk toward the cause of Ganyu C1.

I'm now thinking that maybe it's better to save 34 in case a particular constellation you want comes up, but otherwise buy wishes. You lose a little on total number of 4*s, gain a lot on advancement toward 5*s.

Thoughts?

If you're completely F2P I think saving is best. I have put some money in and I let myself hover around 120 starglitter, in case I want to grab weapons...or a char that comes up. Anything over that I will sometimes cash in for wishes when I am bored.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think in the long run (maybe after a year or so), 4* dupes will be mostly worthless to you even as F2P. In which case advancing your pity timer towards a 5* you really want is almost certainly better.

In the short run... depends on how much you really want any particular character's 4* dupes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The devs don't seem to be releasing any more 4* characters so within a few months you'll have most stuff at C6. There are 91 total non-wasted pulls for 4 stars not including Amber/Kaeya/Lisa (1 for the character, 6 for constellations). I imagine a lot of players are at over 40 of those 91 total pulls already.

Back when I thought we'd be getting two new 4*s per major patch the math was different and I would have advised buying the constellations.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 14, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'd only do it if you desperately don't want to spend any more money, you want a five star whose banner is about to run out, and you are pretty high up on the pity timer.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Xalidur posted:

Thoughts?

I bitterly used some when I was getting 4*s yesterday despite being at pity. Worth it, but now I kinda wish I didn't since I wanna get the Blackcliff bow and that'll use up most of what I have left.

At least I can get a whole BUNCH of starglitter this banner if I really wanted to since my Noelle and Xiangling are C6...

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I've been using Mona with Ganyu and the ranged application of wet is definitely nice. Xingqiu has just as good wet application if not better due to the rotating swords applying it, but it feels like a waste not being able to utilize his burst to its fullest with Ganyu.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I use the same rule of thumb for starglitter and stardust: don't spend on unlimited items until I've got enough saved up to immediately buy my usual purchases from the shop the following month. Since I want the option to buy characters from the glitter shop and wishes from the dust shop, I only spend my glitter if I have more than 64 left after buying what I want from the current month's characters, and I try not to go below 750 dust so that I'll have enough for the next month's wishes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

seconded on saving a specific amount and anything over it being fair game for wishes if i want to break/push pity. i don't expect to want more Blackcliff weapons or both characters in any given month so 34 is where i make sure to stay at/above.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
For the Xiao simps... this guy sacrificed his account for this leak lmao

https://youtu.be/bXmeK0Iuzyg

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

For the Xiao simps... this guy sacrificed his account for this leak lmao

https://youtu.be/bXmeK0Iuzyg

That's c6 btw, he's getting the resets on his charge

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Framboise posted:

The most favorable team build I've seen so far is Ganyu/Bennett/Xiangling/Venti.

Apply pyro, pop Venti Q, pop Ganyu Q, shoot blooms, everything loving dies.

I like this except I run Albedo instead of Xiangling for some extra durability and shooting from the elevator can be fun.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Pleasant surprise of the day - Albedo trivializes the triple Abyss Mage domain for Clear Pool. Rush the pyro, lay down a flower, switch to hydro character and eat their shield, get the blossoms to crit them to death with anybody's AAs, take out the cryo mages in similar fashion. 6K crits every 2 seconds and I'm not even optimally geared.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
They've nerfed Xiao slightly throughout testing. But then they made his secondary stat Crit Rate and well let's be honest the nerfs mostly didn't do much. That C6 video is ridiculous but he doesn't need that to do some dumb poo poo. Unless he gets further nerfs he's gonna be at least as good as Ganyu and more party-friendly (but lacking the ranged aspect).

They're also still buffing Hu Tao. Hopefully this is not a harbinger of power creep, though I think Ganyu will probably turn out to be more balanced than we'd expect from initial impressions. If not, and Xiao and Hu Tao are even better than her... yikes.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The C6 Xiao video is just showing how OP Venti is

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Venti suckered me in by having a mobility skill, Xiao will do the same (plus he seems like a great Jean partner). with Hu Tao i think i'd just rather see her with better uptime on the skill by a second or two but otherwise having a pyro spear Childe will be fun and they might even pair well together (hey, that's lore!).

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Way too many 5* dps banners coming up tbh. Give me some healers and some supports that aren't geo.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I think I've just got to skip everything until a Venti rerun.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
When are they gonna add a new Electro? Lol

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I knew I was 30-ish from guarantee banner so I went ahead and broke it for Ganyu to use as burst support for Diluc and it's fantastic (he's boring but cute, don't judge).

I figure if the rumors are true about Venti then I can save through the next two banners and if Ning showed up I could roll a bit without worrying as much about "wasting" my guarantee on a character I wasn't interested in mechanically.

Throwing 215 rolls on Arknights and not getting W kind of broke me and I'm actually really thrilled about the way pity works in Genshin. I feel like I can actually plan ahead somewhat and know I can get a character I really want.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

When are they gonna add a new Electro? Lol

Electro Archon is coming up in the plot.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Clarste posted:

Electro Archon is coming up in the plot.

So in like a year when Inazuma comes out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I do hope they make new 4*s again. That'd be nice.

I wonder if they've set things up like this intrinsically to the game or if that'll change later too. Are we going to have an electro user that has normal yellow lightning or someone making blue or black fire with their attacks?