Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

HM from me for Conti v Deeb and Darby v Cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

HM: Serena Deeb v Tay Conti: AEW Dynamite 1/13 New Year’s Bash Night 2

Favourite match of the night. The more I watch of her the more I'm glad I'm on the Tay Conti train now, and Serena Deeb is excellent as usual.

HM: Darby Allin vs Brian Cage: AEW Dynamite 1/13 New Year’s Bash Night 2

Brian Cage is amazing. Not a fan of the ending, but great nonetheless.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Artelier posted:

Favourite match of the night. The more I watch of her the more I'm glad I'm on the Tay Conti train now, and Serena Deeb is excellent as usual.

nth both these

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

HM: Serena Deeb vs. Tay Conti: AEW Dynamite 1/13 New Year's Bash Night 2

Great match. Love some solid mat wrestling and Tay and Anna's dynamic is so much fun.

MOTYC: Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage: AEW Dynamite 1/13 New Year's Bash Night 2

Loved this match. Made Cage look like a drat monster, Sting did something (and I'm sure it'll be brought up again), Darby won't be bullied into losing.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Artelier posted:

nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pylons posted:

HM: Serena Deeb vs. Tay Conti: AEW Dynamite 1/13 New Year's Bash Night 2

Great match. Love some solid mat wrestling and Tay and Anna's dynamic is so much fun.

MOTYC: Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage: AEW Dynamite 1/13 New Year's Bash Night 2

Loved this match. Made Cage look like a drat monster, Sting did something (and I'm sure it'll be brought up again), Darby won't be bullied into losing.

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Same show name for both dates? Is it a "Night 1" "Night 2" situation?

It's just the tour name, I was too lazy to check Cagematch for what night it was. It was Nights 4 & 5

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Serena Deeb vs Tay Conti
MOTYC: Darby Allin vs Brian Cage

Both from AEW Dynamite 13.01.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Serena Deeb vs. Tay Conti, AEW New Year's Smash, 13/01
HM: Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage, AEW New Year's Smash, 13/01

The main had a couple of high points but was a bit too Passion of the Darby for me to go MOTYC

Rarity fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jan 14, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

HM: Serena Deeb vs. Tay Conti, AEW New Year's Smash, 13/01
HM: Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage, AEW New Year's Smash, 13/01

The main had a couple of high points but was a bit too Passion of the Darby for me to go MOTYC

Nth to both of these and I'll add

HM: Eddie Kingston vs PAC, AEW New Year's Smash, 13/01

Excellent ten minute match. I can't give it MOTYC status because it felt transitional, but PAC as a murderer is such a delight to watch.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

HM: Eddie Kingston vs. PAC - AEW New Year's Smash Night 2, 1/13

Awesome showing for a sub-10 minute match and a good example of what sprints should look like. No doubt if it went longer it'd get MOTYC, but as is, still a really good match. Two of the most intense wrestlers going at it and there's hardly any downtime in it. Stiff, brutal, and just a blast.

HM: Serena Deeb (c) vs. Tay Conti, NWA Women's World Championship - AEW New Year's Smash Night 2, 1/13

drat good match and worth the viewing alone if you hadn't seen Tay Conti wrestle since NXT, without a doubt the match of her career so far. Did a great job making their technical wrestling feel explosive. Would love to see these two go at it again in a few months.

MOTYC: Darby Allin (c) vs. Brian Cage, TNT Championship - AEW New Year's Smash Night 2, 1/13

A match that's on the fine line between HM and MOTYC, but I'm gonna give it the nudge because I'm a sucker for reckless, stupid bumps and very easy to entertain in that regard. Cage is such an exciting monster in the ring and he's got great chemistry with Darby. I was actually on the phone with something during this and had to restrain myself from marking out at one of the big bumps early on. Ending was a bit clunky, but I can live with it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

Nth to both of these and I'll add

HM: Eddie Kingston vs PAC, AEW New Year's Smash, 13/01

Excellent ten minute match. I can't give it MOTYC status because it felt transitional, but PAC as a murderer is such a delight to watch.

You know what, you're right. Nth.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Eddie Kingston vs. PAC, AEW New Year's Smash, 13/01

Yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Artelier posted:

Nth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HM Darby Allin vs Brian Cage, AEW Dynamite 14th January

I really liked the 4 minutes of Conti vs Deeb that actually made it to the fite app but I can’t really give it an HM when it feels like I only saw half the match

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

HM: Eddie Kingston vs. PAC, AEW New Year's Smash, 13/01

Yeah

I agree with this too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’ll support the HM for Deeb/Conti and the MOTYC for Cage/Allin

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HMs from 1/13 Dynamite:

Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood vs. Jungle Boy & Marko Stunt
Tay Conti vs. Serena Deeb
Brian Cage vs. Darby Allin

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
10th January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Higher Ground 2021
GHC Junior Heavyweight title
Daisuke Harada vs Hajime Ohara

This was great. Finish was a tiny bit underwhelming but other than that I was really invested in this and hope we get more from Ohara this year. NOAH junior division isn't deep and has a lot of guys that are more character than talent, but there's a core of extremely solid, fun guys like Harada, Ohara, Ogawa, Hioh(? I always mix then up, the one that wasn't Hi69), Hidaka now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
10th January
Pro Wrestling NOAH Higher Ground 2021
Kongo (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya & Masa Kitamiya) vs NOAH (Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya, Naomichi Marufuji & Takashi Sugiura)

Kind of expected a whatever match, nice little man tag. But this was more than that. Exactly as brutal as you could hope for and there were no real passengers (maybe Maru I guess, can't think of much he did). Love my Kongo beef boys, and my Kongo kick boys, it was very good fun indeed.

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
HM
Dragon Gate - Open the New Year Gate Day 4 (12.1.)
Open the Twin Gate
R.E.D. (KAI & BxB Hulk)(c) vs Masquarade (Kota Minoura & Jason Lee)

The first great match for Dragon Gate this year. Jason Lee was excellent in this match, BxBKAI finally clicked as a team for me and Minoura was solid as a rock. Masquarade has been a killer unit thus far and here's hoping they can keep having bangers like this for a while.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Punch McLightning posted:

HMs from 1/13 Dynamite:

Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood vs. Jungle Boy & Marko Stunt
Tay Conti vs. Serena Deeb
Brian Cage vs. Darby Allin

nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: You Are Cordially Invited

With no promotions running a bunch of wrestlers from the BritWres scene including a few familiar faces come together to create a cinematic match full of action, violence, surprises and wacky hijinks to create something quite weird yet wonderful. It's only 25 mins long and definitely worth your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_m1TAgds9A

I'll give this an HM. Enjoyably bizarre.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

HM: MASQUERADE (Shun Skywalker, Jason Lee, Kota Minoura, and La Estrella) vs. R.E.D. (BxB Hulk, KAI, Kaito Ishida, and Hip Hop Kikuta)

The Masquerade team are really really good together. Don't think I've seen a 4/5 man match from the unit that hasn't been at least HM worthy.

forkboy84 posted:

HM
13th January
Dragon Gate Open The New Year Gate
Open The Triangle Gate Titles
RED (Kazma Sakamoto, SB KENTo & Takashi Yoshida) vs Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, Kzy & Susumu Yokosuka)

Nth on these two. Kid/YAMATO was good but I think it needed the five minutes it didn’t get, was just a little bit one-sided for me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
4th January
Tokyo Joshi Pro '21
Saki-sama & Mei Saint Michel vs Sena Shiori & Hikari Noa

Mei and Saki are very good together. Mei's spot with the tray causing her opponent to slip was rad.

HM
4th January
Tokyo Joshi Pro '21
Maki Ito vs Miyu Yamashita

HM
4th January
Tokyo Joshi Pro '21
Princess of Princess title
Yuka Sakazaki vs Rika Tatsumi

Still very good but they totally lost me for the finishing stretch for some reason.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 17, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
MOTYC: Manik (c) vs. Chris Bey vs. Rohit Raju for the Impact X-Division Championship
HM: Eddie Edwards vs. Sami Callahan
MOTYC: The Elite vs. Rich Swann, Chris Sabin, and Moose

All from Impact Wrestling Hard to Kill, 1/16

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

MOTYC: Manik (c) vs. Chris Bey vs. Rohit Raju for the Impact X-Division Championship

Nth these.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

I'll second all this.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

Nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Edward Mass posted:

Nth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI vs SHO & Master Wato NJPW Road to the New Beginning 17.01

This was MOTYC level whenever Hiromu and SHO were in the ring together and very solid otherwise, so I'll split it down the middle and give a HM.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI vs SHO & Master Wato NJPW Road to the New Beginning 17.01

This was MOTYC level whenever Hiromu and SHO were in the ring together and very solid otherwise, so I'll split it down the middle and give a HM.

Yeah, I'll Nth that.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Cerebral Bore posted:

It even made me excited for Wato v BUSHI so for that alone its obviously at least an HM

Nth

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MOTYC: Moose v whoever else was on the match, Impact Hard to Kill

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

Second, I really enjoyed this.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

With no promotions running a bunch of wrestlers from the BritWres scene including a few familiar faces come together to create a cinematic match full of action, violence, surprises and wacky hijinks to create something quite weird yet wonderful. It's only 25 mins long and definitely worth your time.

Nth. That made me want to watch more BritWres.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also nth. Wato is actually developing, this is nice to see.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Edward Mass posted:

Yeah.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Rarity posted:

This too.

Bunch of Theatre kids loving around, it's genuinely great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
17th January
Dragon Gate Open The New Year Gate Night 6
Ttre Cup
Masquerade (La Estrella, Jason Lee & Shun Skywalker) vs RED (Dia Inferno, Eita & Kaito Ishida) vs Dragon Kid, Keisuke Okuda & YAMATO

Also Segment of the Year nomination for the Natural Vibes new member audition. Dragon Kid and Don Fujii in particular were amazing. Just hilarious.