Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I'd say DH has one Bad card and that's Blur, but yeah thats about it lol. I've pointed this out before, but I'm pretty sure like 90% of their Starter Set has been nerfed by now. Most still sees play after pretty significant nerfs too which says a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

even Blur is good because it enables the best win condition, rod of roasting

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Fair, I can agree that Blur is bad - although, that being said, the least bad "bad" cards are the 0-mana spells. They always tend to find a use eventually. I actually think Blur might make the cut in some other classes; for Demon Hunter it's excessive because you have other (better) ways to heal damage. you aren't ever running a Gadgetzan to cycle, and have no spell-based card generation or activated effects. I could see Blur being borderline playable in something like Rogue or Druid.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

It absolutely did. Evolve Shaman was at the top of the ranks and had winning matchups (blue squares instead of orange) against almost every single deck prior to the nerf.

What is the data source for this and what is the sample size?

I look forward to the coming vicious syndicate article.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Just came in second place in a game of BGs where my final boss had a fully golden board of:

Goldgrubber, Salty Looter, Boat, Eliza, Ripsnarl, Hoggarr and Elistra.

Never seen anything like it lol, not even mad. It wasn't even a 20 turn marathon or anything.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What is the data source for this and what is the sample size?

I look forward to the coming vicious syndicate article.

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/data-reaper-live-beta/

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Just the final turn.
Not gonna lie, I didn't do the math on this one, but hey ...

https://hsreplay.net/replay/JEpSKSKC56NszVcFTFt9y8#turn=14b

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Yeah gonna dust my Shaman weapons, I can use 800 dust. There's no point in continuing to play the deck, the most popular meta decks (maybe excepting Warlock?) can stop it cold.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I'd say DH has one Bad card and that's Blur, but yeah thats about it lol. I've pointed this out before, but I'm pretty sure like 90% of their Starter Set has been nerfed by now. Most still sees play after pretty significant nerfs too which says a lot.

coilfang warlord not being good enough still astounds me.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

It's a very good card for a deck that DH doesn't really go for. Their reload is so good that there's no reason for them to play expensive bombs and risk early tempo for late-game value.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Aww, HSDT patched out whatever it was that let you see C'Thun pieces in your opponent's hand...

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I really wish that I knew who on the design team likes the dumb Karazhan chess brawl because it keeps coming back with new hats and it is always interminable to actually play.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Combo Rogue still feels good, I just cut Edwin for Sap/SI:7.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

NorgLyle posted:

I really wish that I knew who on the design team likes the dumb Karazhan chess brawl because it keeps coming back with new hats and it is always interminable to actually play.

Yeah, that one and the co-ops are the only hard passes for me.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I know this game is bad and sucks now, but I am so very close to 12 wins at Duels with Deathrattle/Cannibalism hunter. 11-2 baby. Let's gooooo.

Edit: I got utterly loving annihilated by a weapons rogue by turn 5 :(

Yestermoment fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 14, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I remember the first time I saw the chess brawl someone itt speculated it was them working on an autobattler and then battlegrounds came out and it seemed like they were right but then blizzard just kept doing it anyway and I suspect they just hate us

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I like the chess tavern brawl now that the hilarious Toxmonger combo has been pointed out to me.

Just play Toxmonger / Toxic Arrow and a bunch of other removal.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Imagine playing tavern brawl after you got your pack...

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Just play with 6 mage spells that go face.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it's probably less efficient but rogue with plaguebringer and plague scientist is fun

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm willing to give Bogspine Knuckles the 1 attack back if it means we can have a meta that's not 70% Hunter and 30% DH

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm willing to give Bogspine Knuckles the 1 attack back if it means we can have a meta that's not 70% Hunter and 30% DH

Just play Combo Rogue :sun:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Boatswain posted:

Just play Combo Rogue :sun:

Or Pure Paladin

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

World War Mammories posted:

it's probably less efficient but rogue with plaguebringer and plague scientist is fun

This reliably crashes my game on mobile too!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Darkmoon Tonk has to be up there in vaguely underrated cards. When you've got a pile of activators available, it really shines. Dane has put up a video of a wild deck using it as a centrepiece paired with Necromechanic.. I've had my own go with it (swapping some secrets and trueaim for more activators, especially firework tech, and teching in Flare because ice block can get to gently caress) and it is wonderfully brutal. You can easily murder people, and there's plenty of room for useful subs.

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 14, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I actually lost to a Tonk deck in Standard earlier, mostly because I was expecting aggro so I mulliganed away my Devolving Missiles

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Julio Cruz posted:

I actually lost to a Tonk deck in Standard earlier, mostly because I was expecting aggro so I mulliganed away my Devolving Missiles

Yeah, if you don't have a transform on hand, a lot of people won't touch the thing. Which can be a very, very deadly mistake.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I live beating control warriors right now. They're all relying on the ETC combo to win it seems at least on my ladder and you beat them by just....not having a board for them to attack into.

It's amazing. Eventually they get frustrated and play a combo piece to try and copy an extra armormsmith or something then you can play all your threats with impunity.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
If they're really rotating Classis (and Basic?) in favor of a MtG like rotating core-set, are they undoing all the nerfs, not just Edwin's? Will they make Leroy cost 4 again? Will they un-murder Warsong Commander? How much of an effect would that even have, like would an unnerfed Ancient of Lore even see play in wild? Or in standard for that matter, if it became part of a year's core set?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Probably not. Cards have been reverted on an individual basis before (molten giant and Dr Boom Mad Genius, maybe others).

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Hell, they could put Undertaker back to what it was originally for a bit of a switch up. Don't think it would cut the mustard in a tier1 deck these days.

The old Warsong Commander is the one they shouldn't revert - giving things Charge is a gamebreaking ability. Could quite happily revert the nerf and change the Charge keyword into Rush though...

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Their best bet is to honestly completely redo the basic and at least half of the classic set, and switch up how dust works. The rewards track was a good start to freshen things up but there's good competition out now and overall waning interest for what is now an old rear end card game.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
How would you propose they redo dust? Apart from just giving us more.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

People actually finding a use for that Paladin 8/8 Legendary Dragon is something I find incredibly shocking

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

People actually finding a use for that Paladin 8/8 Legendary Dragon is something I find incredibly shocking

I just lost to a deck that used that and the make all your minions cost 1 card. I'm not sure how reliable of a deck it is but it kicked my Lockmill's rear end.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Being able to tutor it with the 2/3 murloc improves the consistency of getting it by turn 4 immensely so you can actually build your deck around it.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

I actually would throw it into some of my weirder Paladin decks like Highlander or Dragons. It's typically really bad to play on turn 4, but on turn 10 it's pretty nice to have a 4 mana 8/8.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Being able to tutor it with the 2/3 murloc improves the consistency of getting it by turn 4 immensely so you can actually build your deck around it.

Yeah that's whats going on. People use that and then either build a super greedy deck built around stuff like N'zoth/Corrupt, or a beefier version of Pure Paladin that runs double Crusader and Tirion/Yrel and stuff like that.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I love the design of New Noz. It's a symmetrical effect that your opponent benefits from first, but you've built your deck getting to 10 mana super fast plus you get a 8/8 to offset your opponent's initiative. Also later game it's just a 4 mana 8/8. Glad it's finely seeing some consistent play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Fenarisk posted:

Their best bet is to honestly completely redo the basic and at least half of the classic set, and switch up how dust works. The rewards track was a good start to freshen things up but there's good competition out now and overall waning interest for what is now an old rear end card game.

While there might be good competition, that competition isn't apparently getting anywhere close to HS in numbers. https://www.reddit.com/r/LegendsOfRuneterra/comments/j4cpt3/what_do_you_think_is_responsible_for_the_decrease/

HS has 100M players and thousands streaming it at any given time. I'm sure Blizzard cares, but not enough to react directly.