Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

swickles posted:

the subway where I work and went to medical school

I hope you got an employee discount on your tuition :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

For about two weeks around the holidays, my kid was waking up at like 7:30 and one tome even 8. Now this week he’s back to waking up at like 6 or 6:15. I would like to go back to 7:30 wake ups please.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The five dollar footlong poo poo was such a scam because it only included the trash tier sandwiches. Subway is trash.

Also just go to loving Publix you nerds.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Subway's Italian BMT is pretty good. Jersey Mike's is an ok substitute. The only thing I have against Potbelly's is their sammiches feel so small for how much I pay.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

Build some in Louisiana and I'm there.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

LeeMajors posted:

The five dollar footlong poo poo was such a scam because it only included the trash tier sandwiches. Subway is trash.

If publix wasn't the only place with worse parking than trader Joe's, and prices to match whole foods, I would go more often.

So I just go to cuban places and get Cubans and accept that it's the only sandwich I eat now.

https://twitter.com/jgarrettgilmore/status/1349007243870674944?s=19

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Mariner's Revenge Song owns and I'll fight any naysayers

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Italian, Banh Mi, Cuban, Fried Oyster Po Boy, all extremely elite sandwiches with no weakness and lots of strength

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Italian, Banh Mi, Cuban, Fried Oyster Po Boy, all extremely elite sandwiches with no weakness and lots of strength

This guy gets it, but I'd also throw tortas in there.

We're house shopping right now and the worst part of (likely) moving out of our current neighborhood is moving away from all of the good food around here :( But maybe that's just an opportunity to find good food elsewhere?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

This is what they took from us

God I can't wait for this pandemic to weaken and also for this deli to not be surrounded by 20,000 national guard

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Subway was awesome until they figured out they could get shittier ingredients, charge the same amount of money, and their sales would go down less than the amount of money they saved.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

This guy gets it, but I'd also throw tortas in there.

We're house shopping right now and the worst part of (likely) moving out of our current neighborhood is moving away from all of the good food around here :( But maybe that's just an opportunity to find good food elsewhere?

Is the market you're in also insane? Around here we are not quite at "someone will offer you cash on the spot" but pretty much nobody gets inspections because at least one offer at or above asking will waive the need.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

saintonan posted:

Subway was awesome until they figured out they could get shittier ingredients, charge the same amount of money, and their sales would go down less than the amount of money they saved.

This is basically just privateequity.txt

Remember kids it's only a sea shanty if it's from the Shanty region of France, otherwise it's just a salty chant

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Samadhi posted:

This is random and correct. Decemberists can write a song now

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

For about two weeks around the holidays, my kid was waking up at like 7:30 and one tome even 8. Now this week he’s back to waking up at like 6 or 6:15. I would like to go back to 7:30 wake ups please.

I forget how old your kid is but we got our daughter an "ok to wake" light around 2 and after a couple weeks of reminding her it was sleep time until the green light turned on, it's rare to have her up and out of her room before it turns on.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

This is random and correct. Decemberists can write a song now

Not so random, did you see the libel right before my post?!?!?!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I've become a big fan of toasting the bread in the cast iron pan by itself first, then spreading a layer of cheese on the hot pan to melt before putting the toasted bread on top. Put fillings on top open-face style, park under broiler for a couple minutes to heat things thru (and melt any more cheese that was added), then put them all together. By now the cheese on the outside of the sandwich should've formed a nice crust.

Cut into triangles because triangles taste better.

I have been doing a fair amount of cast iron open-faced sandwiches under the broiler recently, too. Started with adapted white-trash garlic bread (butter a piece of homemade bread, put it in the skillet to brown the bottom, garlic salt and mozzarella on top, under the broiler once the bottom of the bread is 90% of the way there), then it expanded when I had bread and meatloaf I wanted to finish. Haven't tried the cheese in the pan under the bread version, but it does sound delightful.

There is something magical about making things under the broiler. My wife absolutely loves the Alton Brown cheeseburger prep of a bun split with mayo on one side and mustard on the other, then spreading shredded cheddar that's tossed with smoked paprika and garlic powder on the top of both sides and melting it under the broiler.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

shirts and skins posted:

This is what they took from us

God I can't wait for this pandemic to weaken and also for this deli to not be surrounded by 20,000 national guard

Where the hell is this? Sundevich? Calvert Woodley? I only go to DC once a month now to pick up weed

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Qwijib0 posted:

Is the market you're in also insane? Around here we are not quite at "someone will offer you cash on the spot" but pretty much nobody gets inspections because at least one offer at or above asking will waive the need.

Nah we are just renting in a neighborhood that's too expensive for us to buy in. All that good food drives up home values you know!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Samadhi posted:

Not so random, did you see the libel right before my post?!?!?!

I just did. What a bummer that anyone sees them as an entity to endure.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Where the hell is this? Sundevich? Calvert Woodley? I only go to DC once a month now to pick up weed

Mangialardo's, baby

Someday cured meats will be the death of me and that's okay

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Mangialardo's, baby

Enjoy gout.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Gonna get a G Man from there in a few weeks after the inauguration madness dies down

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I miss eating at restaurants

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

shirts and skins posted:

Mangialardo's, baby

A restaurant nearby opened up a fancy charcuterie deli and I’ve spent almost $60 on incredibly disgustingly decedent dead pig there for myself.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Samadhi posted:

I actually loved them back in the day, but its still funny and they are definitely an embarrassing band.

Here I dreamt I was an architect and I was meant for the stage still pop up in my playlists.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

LeeMajors posted:

I just did. What a bummer that anyone sees them as an entity to endure.

I dated enough indie rock girls in college to put me off the Decemberists forever, doesn’t help I grew up right near Tarkio and otherwise spent most my time in Oregon so I’ve been subject to the Colin Meloy experience for a real long time. Nothing against them I guess, but man I got tired of their schtick.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Oh they are definitely just distilled portland

But I still almost 20 years later have a soft spot for that time period. And definitely for the scene girls from said time period.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Hot Diggity! posted:

God yes

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Qwijib0 posted:

I forget how old your kid is but we got our daughter an "ok to wake" light around 2 and after a couple weeks of reminding her it was sleep time until the green light turned on, it's rare to have her up and out of her room before it turns on.

He's 22 months. That's a good idea, although I'm going to have to wait a little longer I think. I think he's a little behind developmentally, probably because he was a premie, and would definitely not be able to learn that green light means quiet time. Sometimes he'll wake up and hang out in his crib for a while, which is probably what happened when he "woke up" later. I think now he's just waking up and crying to be let out.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

Although I'm guessing they're mostly spam/auto-dialers, I'm still getting calls and letters asking if I'm looking to sell my house.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hot Diggity! posted:

:hmmyes:

Most ice breakers or getting to know you activities at work include a question about what you are looking forward to the most after COVID. 95% of people say travel, and yeah, I wish I could go somewhere tropical right now, but a meaningful vacation is like a once a year thing. What I really miss is basic poo poo like eating in a restaurant or having a half dozen friends over to eat, drink, and play games.

Maybe it's just a sign that most of the people responding are still living a mostly normal life right now, so lack of travel is the only difference for them.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Most ice breakers or getting to know you activities at work include a question about what you are looking forward to the most after COVID. 95% of people say travel, and yeah, I wish I could go somewhere tropical right now, but a meaningful vacation is like a once a year thing. What I really miss is basic poo poo like eating in a restaurant or having a half dozen friends over to eat, drink, and play games.

Maybe it's just a sign that most of the people responding are still living a mostly normal life right now, so lack of travel is the only difference for them.

For me it's definitely being able to see friends and family without jumping through a bunch of hurdles, or strictly congregating outside. I started having a monthly game night with friends, and we got like three in before the shutdown happened. Online game nights aren't the same.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://youtu.be/G5Z4bma_tUM

How have I never heard of this band

Holy poo poo

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I don’t really drink like I did before, and never really spent time a ton of time in bars, but man do I miss just hanging out with a few friends at a chill bar with good drinks :(

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I miss traveling the most. Obvs, I'd like to see my gf, but also there's just nothing I enjoy more than experiencing the sights, sounds, foods of new places, or expanding what I already know of places I've been to before and enjoyed.

Well, except for maybe building things. Travel is a close second

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Thing I think I miss the most is shows. I haven't been to a show in over a year and that's the longest time I've gone since I was like 13.

I just wanna get sweaty and yell and mosh :smith:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Silly Burrito posted:

Build some in Louisiana and I'm there.

We did build a Louisiana Publix. It was called Rouse's and it was the greatest grocery store on earth until the owner turned out to be a fascist and now it's dead (to me)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Hot Diggity! posted:

Thing I think I miss the most is shows. I haven't been to a show in over a year and that's the longest time I've gone since I was like 13.

I just wanna get sweaty and yell and mosh :smith:

loving same. All I miss is live shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
My top 2 things I want to do as soon as possible when/if we get past Covid are going to a concert and going to a pro sports game, hockey or anything else.