Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The state's plan is way off because part of their plan was giving out millions of doses per week. We're at like 2% of what they planned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

CaptainJuan posted:

https://twitter.com/CTULocal1/status/1348715758256328705

for those not familiar: the text being repealed restricted collective bargaining to certain specific issues only for districts in cities over 500k population, which ends up being only Chicago

now CTU can strike over whatever they want

Seems like a shot at Lightfoot to me. There is no love for her in Springfield at all. Rahm at least was smart enough to keep his relations in the state good which is what kept him alive.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Oracle posted:

Its also coming down to county health depts. Ours has been doing great they're already through all of the 1a group and starting on 1b. Apparently the state contracted out vaccinating care home folks to CVS/Walgreens? So they're moving on to 1b without the nursing home folks being vaccinated.

cook county has 6 individual health departments and they're all keeping quiet. skokie, oak park, stickney, evanston, chicago, cook itself

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

CaptainJuan posted:

https://twitter.com/CTULocal1/status/1348715758256328705

for those not familiar: the text being repealed restricted collective bargaining to certain specific issues only for districts in cities over 500k population, which ends up being only Chicago

now CTU can strike over whatever they want

Djarum posted:

Seems like a shot at Lightfoot to me. There is no love for her in Springfield at all. Rahm at least was smart enough to keep his relations in the state good which is what kept him alive.

She's very likely to be a one-term mayor.

Hutla posted:

It's more like CTU can agree on compensation issues and still strike over class sizes or support services like school counselors or even school building maintenance . I think this is great because all of my friends who are CTU teachers really care more about getting things like counselors and nurses for the kids rather than a raise. Not that they don't want to be paid fairly, but so many of their students need these support services that they're not receiving and the moment they agree to compensation they coukd no longer strike. It makes them look like greedy assholes to constantly be looking for big raises so that they can improve classroom conditions even if they do end up agreeing to modest CoL raises.

It's this.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Yea at this point, I don’t see how Lightfoot gets re-elected. She’s pissed off pretty much everyone for various reasons. Not sure who will run though, which is the only scary part. Maybe Chuy will make a run at it.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
https://twitter.com/MaryAnnAhernNBC/status/1348843698482802692?s=19

This guy has defended the city of Harvey in lawsuits by people assaulted or killed by the Harvey police

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Still better than Madigan

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Badger of Basra posted:

No the frontrunner would just be some other democrat. Democrats have a majority, they just need to agree on who they want to vote for. This is basically a primary for speaker, if that makes sense.

thank u, somehow my brain turned on the bit about runoff elections and not about being speaker, despite the millions of ads ive seen against him over my life.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/CarlinaRivera/status/1349022564782321667?s=20

https://twitter.com/emmagf/status/1349013246460755970?s=20

would be cool if chicago was working on anything like this!

Jows
May 8, 2002

That would require Lori to spend an iota of time not competing with Rahm for worst mayor.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Well you see that has nothing to do with opening things up to get tax revenue or protecting cops from assaulting and/or killing black people so it is not a priority.

Lightfoot is the worst

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Pretty hosed up that every state didn't have something like that ready to go in mid-December imo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CaptainJuan posted:

https://twitter.com/MaryAnnAhernNBC/status/1348843698482802692?s=19

This guy has defended the city of Harvey in lawsuits by people assaulted or killed by the Harvey police

News is also saying he had an arrest for beating his girlfriend in 2002 , but didn't get prosecuted

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/grivlin/status/1349121106729443328?s=20

Harold Washington on the tv

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Djarum posted:

Well you see that has nothing to do with opening things up to get tax revenue or protecting cops from assaulting and/or killing black people so it is not a priority.

Lightfoot Pritzker is the worst

Ftfy

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

cook county has 6 individual health departments and they're all keeping quiet. skokie, oak park, stickney, evanston, chicago, cook itself

Hagerty sent out an email today saying evanston might start 1B next week, they're done with northshore & amita, and the nursing homes will continue thru january.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

btw, Daniel Biss is running for mayor of Evanston, which is p. steep step down for the last spot he wanted.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
It's a perfect stepping stone to run for Schakowsky's seat when she steps down.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/hannahmeisel/status/1349387107127750660

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/hannahmeisel/status/1349409840444157954

thats all she wrote. will madigan triumphantly return in 2 years ?? (unlikely)

pouring one out for the all time greatest political leader in human history

dominator
Oct 1, 2003

Load Emotion File Happy_Human.bin
Processing.....
Processing..........
*ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND*
Rest in Piss Speaker Madigan

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Hearing that Illinois just abolished cash bond?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

Hearing that Illinois just abolished cash bond?

That's awesome.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

:toot:

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I don't know anything about Welch, is this a real change?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Man, according to all the “Back the Blue” Facebook picture changes, this police reform bill is going to destroy police. All of the police are going to quit and no one will be hired thus getting everyone killed.

Hell, the qualified immunity portion of the bill was dropped to get it passed so a lot of it is having outside investigations into police actions.

Also, all of the pictures now say “I stand behind the heroes who protect this line” with a blue line going around it. It makes sense. Police are meant to be the blue line between order and chaos. That image literally says that they protect themselves.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 14, 2021

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Man, according to all the “Back the Blue” Facebook picture changes, this police reform bill is going to destroy police. All of the police are going to quit and no one will be hired thus getting everyone killed.

Hell, the qualified immunity portion of the bill was dropped to get it passed so a lot of it is having outside investigations into police actions.

Also, all of the pictures now say “I stand behind the heroes who protect this line” with a blue line going around it. It makes sense. Police are meant to be the blue line between order and chaos. That image literally says that they protect themselves.

don't forget that now criminals will run rampant because of a lack of cash bail keeping accused unfairly imprisoned due to lack of ability to pay. Revolving door justice! Murderers and rapists in the streets! (They can be held without bail if they're dangerous? SHUT UP IT'LL BE ANARCHY! ALL THOSE SCOFFLAWS WITH UNPAID PARKING TICKETS WILL BE OUT THERE RAPING AND MURDERING!)

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Yep, this is going to ruin our world. Every post about this is talking about “what are we going to do when all the good cops leave?” and “this is what happens when the wrong people are in charge of the government!”

Strangely, the same people did not seem to be upset last week when a Capitol police officer was killed by insurrectionists. No pictures of badges with black bars. No solemn posts about supporting the police. Just ignored.

I guess this area has decided that it needs to change the topic from Trump.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I still can't believe Madigan is gone. Gonna take a while to sink in/make me believe this isn't some sorta secret power consolidation move

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Strangely, the same people did not seem to be upset last week when a Capitol police officer was killed by insurrectionists. No pictures of badges with black bars. No solemn posts about supporting the police. Just ignored.

Yes, I haven't seen a single performance of the usual "end of watch" solemnity play from any of them. Nary a mention of the officer they killed, not even when they're blaming the whole thing on ANTIFA. Isn't it odd.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There was plenty of tears shed for the veteran that got shot and died though!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Is that what is with all the people on my feed doing that? Every time I see that happen en-masse, I know something stupid happened because why do people need to openly pledge their backing to a public service as if it was some sort of mafia?

Whiniest bunch of babies that get the minimum amount of training to have a firearm to solve tiny issues.

Where the gently caress is the post office profile pictures?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Ringo Star Get posted:

I why do people need to openly pledge their backing to a public service as if it was some sort of mafia?

The Chicago PD is a city-backed gang.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The X-man cometh posted:

The Chicago PD is a city-backed gang.

:hmmyes:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Imagine if cops needed a four year degree to carry a weapon and there was some kind of external oversight and accountability built into the system. :allears:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

I still can't believe Madigan is gone. Gonna take a while to sink in/make me believe this isn't some sorta secret power consolidation move

House R leader is trying to play it up that Welch is just a puppet of Madigan and even mentioned “hand signals from the 13th district”

Also, I have not witnessed anyone upset about Babbit’s death (insurrectionists that was shot and killed) but that may be because right wing social media immediately claimed that she was a false flag antifa member.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

quote:

Springfield is quiet again (until later this month) but lawmakers are buzzing that Michael Madigan, who stepped down as speaker this week, will likely resign the 22nd District House seat he’s held since 1971. His team won’t say, but veteran lawmakers expect he’s not just packing up his office — he’s wrapping up his career in the statehouse, too.

via https://www.politico.com/newsletters/illinoisplaybook

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Madigan exiting politics came a lot faster than I expected. Resigning seems right for him because he can probably hand pick his successor, instead of leaving it up to the primary process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
Well yeah, and why the gently caress would you want to stick around after having been deposed? Nothing good could come of that (plus he's, uh, probably going to have some legal stuff to focus on for a good long while).