Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

This is a good episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Weird energy in this episode but I liked it. Blonk-Blonk is the breakout character of 2021!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Man that was a good money zone

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This was a quality episode.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sankara posted:

This was a quality episode.

That’s what AVClub is saying! “They threaded the needle perfectly.”

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
If there's any upside at all to a white supremacist insurrection, at least it has given the brothers some space to go off on why exactly Ted Cruz likes to pee his pants so much

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This was probably an all-time great moneyzone, and the John 3:15 bit was incredibly good too. It’s been a while since an episode made me laugh so hard it hurts.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Sivart13 posted:

If there's any upside at all to a white supremacist insurrection, at least it has given the brothers some space to go off on why exactly Ted Cruz likes to pee his pants so much

Strong big dog run energy that sode

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It is completely 100% on-brand for Monster that its website's ad copy seems to have not been updated since the Bush administration.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

That was a trip. I remember Uhh Yeah Dude dunking on that ridiculous ad copy years ago

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Cant polish a gem more (It's already perfect!)

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
John 3:15 loving slayed me

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Sawbones episode on Sweating Sickness, dated May 3rd 2015: "if you're a virus, the best way to get spread is to be communicable before you're symptomatic" :coronatoot:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

zero questions, entire episode is a munchsquad, ted cruz open grave, a funny money zone and the rugrats theme stays around

this is an all timer folks

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lmao at Travis rolling for Argo's haircut in this week's TAZ.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020
That insane Monster ramble isn't just ad copy, it's printed on every can of Monster Assault. I remember thinking it was weird fifteen years ago, it's wild now that they haven't updated it.

Grunch Worldflower fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 14, 2021

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

There was a time when you couldn't legally release a beverage without a full press release printed on the back. The Monster ones were always trying to dovetail late nineties aloof irreverence with early aughts edginess, and they always came off like if they went another six lines you'd find out they were a youth minister trying to poach you for their radical-badical flock. They were tacky when they came out, especially the Assault one, but at least they were amongst friends. I cannot believe they haven't updated their marketing in nearly two earth decades.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Sawbones episode on Sweating Sickness, dated May 3rd 2015: "if you're a virus, the best way to get spread is to be communicable before you're symptomatic" :coronatoot:

Checks out, that’s how I always broke Madagascar on Pandemic 2 on addictinggames.com back in the day

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

As much as I love MBMBaM, after Justin's SICKENING admission on social media five days ago I do not think I can continue to listen in good conscience.

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1348064131493081098

I expect a retraction and apology.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Ariong posted:

As much as I love MBMBaM, after Justin's SICKENING admission on social media five days ago I do not think I can continue to listen in good conscience.

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1348064131493081098

I expect a retraction and apology.

why should be apologize for being right

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Agreed. Stuff crust sucks rear end sorry stuffailures.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Stuffed crust only works when it is exactly 12 minutes out of the oven, a minute longer or a minute less it is horrible.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think it's a little rich for the Munch Squad Man to decry something because it was "invented by marketers".

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i can understand not liking it, but it baffles me that the only explanation he can think of for putting cheese in the only part of the pizza without cheese is marketers given that one time he got so high he ended up in a children's movie

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think it's a little rich for the Munch Squad Man to decry something because it was "invented by marketers".

does stuffed crust pizza remain on the smooth tip? (Y/N)

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I remember stuffed crust pizza being a big thing in the 90s, and then it vanished. I can't remember the last time I ever saw it as an option at a pizza joint.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Stuff crust pizza w hot dogs in the crust, literally a Pizza Hut pizza at one point

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I can press buttons on my phone and get a stuffed crust from either of the two major pizza chains delivered to my door in < 15 minutes and it's great

What universe are you guys living in

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

they never vanished... don't believe the lies

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Jestery posted:

I can press buttons on my phone and get a stuffed crust from either of the two major pizza chains delivered to my door in < 15 minutes and it's great

Somehow, one even darker than our own.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The best thing to come out of stuffed crust pizza marketing was that rejected Ween song.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Jestery posted:

eww papa johns isn’t pizza

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

sticklefifer posted:

The best thing to come out of stuffed crust pizza marketing was that rejected Ween song.

Where the motherfucking cheese go at!

I don't know

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The worst thing related to stuffed crust was how the ads always were wanting you to eat it crust first. The gently caress is wrong with you pizza hut? I mean besides the obvious.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Good Listener posted:

The worst thing related to stuffed crust was how the ads always were wanting you to eat it crust first.
our pizza is so good you'll want to eat it wrong! this pizza makes you dumb at pizza

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006

Yeah, it's a nonsense complaint for someone who eats this stuff up and whose brand could be summed up with "invented by marketers." It'd be like Travis dunking on someone for taking a picture with their mouth open.

Also, I've never had a bad stuffed-crust pizza, unlike any other type of pizza I've had, but that's probably just luck.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Good Listener posted:

The worst thing related to stuffed crust was how the ads always were wanting you to eat it crust first. The gently caress is wrong with you pizza hut? I mean besides the obvious.

yeah and/or they deliberately make the crust tearable/removable so you can eat it like a breadstick

the ads always showed people tearing off their crusts first, in some cases leaving behind an awkward pizza disc that, I assume, you then got sauce and grease all over your fingers separating out, or you committed to eating the rest of your pizza with utensils like a jabroni

and because of that design, wasn’t some stuffed crust pizza really delicate at that crust/pie junction? Like I remember hearing about people trying to eat stuffed crust pizza and having the crust break off the slice in their hand or stuff like that. Not too versed in the history of mass-market pizza engineering failures. Seems like a job for the non-MaxFun WTYP podfellows to explore

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

if anything he's more qualified to spot marketing inventions

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

There's a Korean pizza place I've been to a few times that does a sweet potato stuffed crust, it's really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Good Listener posted:

Not very presidential opinion you have there.