Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

inthesto posted:

What do these seelies from the current event do?

Look cute af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they're just like a pet from WoW right now

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Tatsuta Age posted:

Tiny Pink Haro Seelie is my new best friend

More tea, Mister Pinkemfluffles? Dodoco, be polite, he is our guest, so he gets the last cookie.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

The Seelies are cute, but they come with a QoL tax. Because they take up your gadget slot, you can't have a seelie out and use your treasure compasses or NRE sack lunch at the same time.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Tenik posted:

The Seelies are cute, but they come with a QoL tax. Because they take up your gadget slot, you can't have a seelie out and use your treasure compasses or NRE sack lunch at the same time.

Wrong, you can use the gadget to summon then then swap to another and they'll stick around.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

Wrong, you can use the gadget to summon then then swap to another and they'll stick around.

That's tedious to do, so I would like a QoL improvement. It's like how we have to click/tap to collect drops from overworld enemies and investigates. It would be nice to auto add them to our inventory.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ibblebibble posted:

oh, that's actually nice

it would make more sense for pets to be incorporated into the dressing room, though

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
The pets seem to stay out until you dismiss them, so it's not really a big deal to swap the one time.

I bet once more pets are added they'll make them a dressing room feature.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Hell, I just rolled a Qiqi and I cant figure out what to do with her.
I've been using Qiqi as a burst/resonance bot -- Ganyu charges her ult basically on cooldown if you're lotusing, and it does surprisingly good damage if you build for it (but it takes fairly massive investment).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm5qVlbrwDA

it still feels like the slot could be used better, but I have no real interest in kaeya, diona or the other one and I want the resonance

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
For what it's worth, the other one's burst costs half as much energy, has a 12 second CD, does 1.5x as much damage, and he can build orbs... but Qiqi does also heal.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 14, 2021

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

No Wave posted:

For what it's worth, the other one's burst costs half as much energy, has a 12 second CD, does 1.5x as much damage, and he can build orbs... but Qiqi does also heal.
looking at his kit for the first time in like 3 months... yeah you're right he would be way better in this role :shepface: back to farming books I guess

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The thing people didn't know at first (because it's not documented anywhere) is multiple hits from his ultimate will proc melt. I think two of his blades will melt from pyro applied by a Bennett E and three of them will melt off a Bennett Q pyro application (haven't tested it, that's just my rough understanding).

EDIT: It seems to just triple melt off of both? Idk hard to tell visually.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 14, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Both Bennett's E and Q apply a "strong" Pyro that can be melted 3 times quickly. This correlates with how they both remove 50% of a Cryo Fatui shield in a single hit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

lol. Bennett broken.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

inthesto posted:

What do these seelies from the current event do?

In Soviet Snezhnaya , seelie follow you! What a region!

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

I chose the peelie and have no regrets

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

No Wave posted:

The thing people didn't know at first (because it's not documented anywhere) is multiple hits from his ultimate will proc melt. I think two of his blades will melt from pyro applied by a Bennett E and three of them will melt off a Bennett Q pyro application (haven't tested it, that's just my rough understanding).

EDIT: It seems to just triple melt off of both? Idk hard to tell visually.

Is this Kaeya or Chong?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

It doesn't even take up the slot to summon, you just hit equip in the menu and there they are.

People seem to be confused because they still have the treasure-seeking seelie equipped when they go buy it because of course they do.

E: Also went with gold because it matches Ning and she's my main girl, geo haters get hosed.

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 14, 2021

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The 'gold' seelie is piss yellow and so now I have a jolly ball of urine floating next to my characters. Excellent.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Some Numbers posted:

Is this Kaeya or Chong?

Chong. His burst hits quickly and always melts on at least the first two hits of a Pyro-affected target. With a strong Pyro application, which only Bennett can really do easily for reasons, the third one is also affected by melt because the first two hits don't fully clear the Pyro status. Technically, Amber's charged shot also works.

Demonstration:
https://i.imgur.com/P2F7jwf.mp4

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Nakar posted:

If she's cute and not even more broken than Venti/post-buff Zhongli the Chinese fans are going to torch Mihoyo HQ to the ground.

I will be real curious how they're going to make an Electro character who is Venti-tier. Hell, I'm real curious how they'd make one better than Fischl. But they're gonna have to, if they want to still have a building to go back to work at after the Inazuma release.

Uh, I hate to tell you this but she's literally the deuteragonist from Honkai Impact. Raiden Mei is a major character in that, who eventually goes full Herrsher and remains playable. Depending on where this AU version of Raiden Mei is in the comparative level of power she'll be loving nuts. Even then she was a fairly respectable DPS early on in her normal forms.

Keep in mind that if they go with her Herrsher form there's good odds she'll be the first character in the game to have a mount. Why do I say this?

Because in her final released form she mounts a gigantic loving dragon and gains the ability to just crush anything up to and including bosses. Like, look up videos of her burst. She actually calls in a dragon maybe half the size of Dvalin and lets you rampage around the game world with it.

If they don't make her OP as gently caress they're liable to start another Zhongli controversy.

Edit: They do have room to draw comparisons to Honkai Impact and not give her the dragon. There's a Herrsher form that's all damaged and hosed up that doesn't have it. But even then, the rule of popularity and character appearances in multiple games alongside the fact that she's a militant Archon suggests they're going to make her a fair bit OP.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 14, 2021

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I now have all the on-palette floaty friends.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Archonex posted:

Uh, I hate to tell you this but she's literally the deuteragonist from Honkai Impact. Raiden Mei is a major character in that, who eventually goes full Herrsher and remains playable. Depending on where this AU version of Raiden Mei is in the comparative level of power she'll be loving nuts. Even then she was a fairly respectable DPS early on in her normal forms.

Keep in mind that if they go with her Herrsher form there's good odds she'll be the first character in the game to have a mount. Why do I say this?

Because in her final released form she mounts a gigantic loving dragon and gains the ability to just crush anything up to and including bosses. Like, look up videos of her burst. She actually calls in a dragon maybe half the size of Dvalin and lets you rampage around the game world with it.

If they don't make her OP as gently caress they're liable to start another Zhongli controversy.

Edit: They do have room to draw comparisons to Honkai Impact and not give her the dragon. There's a Herrsher form that's all damaged and hosed up that doesn't have it. But even then, the rule of popularity and character appearances in multiple games alongside the fact that she's a militant Archon suggests they're going to make her a fair bit OP.

How many of the people that were mad about Zhongli actually give a poo poo about Honkai Impact, though? I was kind of under the impression that even in China Genshin is far bigger than its predecessor ever was, plus it seemed like a lot of the Zhongli ire was coming from people inexperienced with gacha.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Have level 90 Ganyu with a 4* bow and okay-ish maxed out artifacts (ideal mainstats but unimpressive substats). Honestly feels like a bit much. I wish enemies had a bit more hp because it's fun to charged shot headshot stuff, but just about everything in the open world dies immediately to Venti Q + Ganyu Q, both of which are trivial to get enough particles to use on cooldown. I'm not even using an artifact set that makes her Q better at all (Wanderer's) and haven't been bothering to set it on fire first, or drop Bennet ult, or headshot for the Prototype Crescent effect, or any other kind of setup. Just Q-switch-Q, collect loot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Baal/electro Archon doesn't have a confirmed design yet afaik, so assuming such a heavy tie to Honkai could be jumping the gun. it's not like Raiden is that specific of a reference when you're dealing with a character related to electricity.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Why are you using Venti if you want a challenge?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Archonex posted:

Raiden is just a generic Japanese lightning god name. Has there been any indication other than the name that Genshin's lightning god is the same character as Honkai's?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vargs posted:

Have level 90 Ganyu with a 4* bow and okay-ish maxed out artifacts (ideal mainstats but unimpressive substats). Honestly feels like a bit much. I wish enemies had a bit more hp because it's fun to charged shot headshot stuff, but just about everything in the open world dies immediately to Venti Q + Ganyu Q, both of which are trivial to get enough particles to use on cooldown. I'm not even using an artifact set that makes her Q better at all (Wanderer's) and haven't been bothering to set it on fire first, or drop Bennet ult, or headshot for the Prototype Crescent effect, or any other kind of setup. Just Q-switch-Q, collect loot.

But venti + anyone that can provide an element for his burst already does that. Anything that can be sucked into his Q in the overworld wont have the HP to survive it.

It says something about powercreep that the first banner unit in the game is still the overall strongest in the game to this date. Xian is going to pump tons of damage when fielding with aura units but even he wont be on Venti's level. I'm having a hard time thinking Hu tao will be either. Its a kit issue.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 14, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There are mechanics that are easy to power creep and mechanics that are hard to power creep. Power creeping DPS is easy and doesn't change gameplay much. Power creeping the ability to group all of the enemies on the map into a clump while stunning them is harder and would change how the game is played.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Raiden is just a generic Japanese lightning god name. Has there been any indication other than the name that Genshin's lightning god is the same character as Honkai's?

If there were a bunch of existing characters that are ported from Honkai (maybe there are, I don't know anything about it) I think it would be a reasonable inference, but without that it's quite a stretch imo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ported is hard to say. This is Wendy, the "Herrscher of the Wind":

Whether Mihoyo is just drawing inspiration from Honkai or it's alternate universe or what, well, they get to decide that.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 14, 2021

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!
I can't wait for the fire archon, Scorpion.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

dogsicle posted:

Baal/electro Archon doesn't have a confirmed design yet afaik, so assuming such a heavy tie to Honkai could be jumping the gun. it's not like Raiden is that specific of a reference when you're dealing with a character related to electricity.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I'm afraid that you're misunderstanding the links that Genshin has set up.

Raiden Mei is literally the name of the character in Honkai Impact. There was a also a leak awhile back that suggested that Raiden Mei is also the true/full name of the electro Archon. She's also the Honkai equivalent of the electro Archon in that game. Likewise, her tendencies to take extreme action for what she thinks is the greater good are also present and line up with Genshin's version of the Archon. As is a desire for something akin to eternity (She wants to stay with Kiana and keep the good times going. Except...It goes as well as you think.) with those she cares about.

To be fair, this isn't the first time we've heard of AU versions of existing characters. The manga prequel all but says that Himeko Murata (The fire aspected character who is the most likely candidate to fill the fire Herrsher role when they get around to that in Honkai, and in the Genshin equivalent of her Ancient Civilization form literally was a continent destroying pyro Herrsher.) is the pyro archon (or an AU version of her more likely. Though given that she probably fell into the Sea of Quanta it could be that there's some aspects of the Honkai version there.) given that they have the same name and general appearance.

Likewise, there's a significant probability that the Cyro Archon's appearance is apparently a huge bombshell related to Honkai Impact given that they're refusing to release a picture of her face. It's possible she's related to either Sirin or Kiana's mother in terms of appearance given the apparent shortness of her hair and what usually goes down in Russia in these games.

Also, Paimon is literally Kiana in E.L.F. form right down to the airheadedness and food obsession. This is on top of the fact that the Unknown Goddess is literally sporting the appearance of a Herrsher'ized Kiana Kaslana with an appearance that blends her appearance in Honkai Impact and GGZ. And I do mean literally, right down to even having an extremely close version of her appearance. And given the sheer amounts of drama putting Raiden Mei into a room with a Herrsherized Kiana produces in Honkai there's no way they're not going to set up some story hooks for that utter clusterfuck of a meeting.

There's also the links to Venti (Who is literally just a genderbent Wendy from Honkai who doesn't die at the end of the first few chapter's involving the Herrsher's.) and the fact that Venti was visibly shown as a Paimon-esque fairy back before he became the Archon in a story cinematic at the end of his quest. Turns out that the boy he was friends with long ago had his own Paimon-esque companion. Only, that boy died in the war to free the kingdom from the prior Archon's rule. After that it's heavily implied by the cinematic and the story of that quest that the fairy took on the appearance of the boy and became the new Archon.

If AU-Kiana and AU-Raiden Mei know each other in this timeline it'd provide an excellent reason for why we get to (or are even invited to) Inazuma and aren't immediately stripped of our visions given what Paimon appears to be.

All of this also isn't getting into the fact that the story appears to be visiting all of the big places that took place in Honkai, and has set up literally the same story hooks that Honkai had. Albeit with the intimate details swapped around. For instance, the demon sleeping in Li Yue/not-China matches up to the one in China in Honkai, the western European Archon is literally Wendy/Venti, Murata is the local fire archon equivalent, not-Russia is all but certainly setting up to trigger an apocalypse due to the dickishness of their leaders and scientific organizations just as Honkai's did, right down to having the same obsession with child experimentation and slavery, etc, etc. There's a bunch of stuff there.

So unless it's one hell of a fakeout it seems to be likely it's an AU version of the same character. And they seem to be setting up for some fairly huge bombshells in the future, along with probably some equally huge red herrings too. So don't take all of this as being absolutely sure to happen. :shrug:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 14, 2021

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

please port asuka to honkai

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Archonex posted:

gently caress do we have a ballpark estimate for Inazuma? Mei is a mandatory pull for me

Archonex
May 2, 2012

zgrowler2 posted:

gently caress do we have a ballpark estimate for Inazuma? Mei is a mandatory pull for me

I think 1.3 is supposed to be the Lantern Rite festival? IE: The event that was going to be the Halloween event we never got that sent a bunch of folks into yet another tizzy. Which would match up with the crop of spooky characters (Rosaria's vampire motif meets goth stripper nun look, Xiao's demonic theme, and Hu Tao's...Everything.) they're previewing that are presumably going to start appearing close to around then. So probably some time after 1.3?

That assumes we're not visiting the closer nations first. I forget the order of the nations we're going too, so I'd have to check the trailer previewing the various chapters to see which one is next.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 14, 2021

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
We can only hope for more of a Mortal Kombat inspired Raiden, although Scaramouche has already taken the Big Hat energy.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MajorBonnet posted:

We can only hope for more of a Mortal Kombat inspired Raiden, although Scaramouche has already taken the Big Hat energy.

So the traveler shows up to Inazuma and immediately gets their spine ripped out by an even edgier Archon after a side scrolling fighting minigame? :v:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Archonex posted:

I think 1.3 is supposed to be the Lantern Rite festival? IE: The event that was going to be the Halloween event we never got that sent a bunch of folks into yet another tizzy. Which would match up with the crop of spooky characters (Rosaria's vampiric and goth stripper nun look, Xiao's demonic theme, and Hu Tao's...Everything.) they're previewing that are presumably going to start appearing close to around then. So probably some time after 1.3?

That assumes we're not visiting the closer nations first. I forget the order of the nations we're going too, so I'd have to check the trailer previewing the various chapters to see which one is next.

The order is Mondstadt -> Liyue -> Inazuma -> Sumeru -> Fontaine -> Natlan -> Snezhnaya -> Khaenri'ah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

all the characters in honkai impact are all characters in honkai gakuen so its a bit of a pattern they have going on