Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol have you even been to gamefaqs recently

gently caress no I haven't. I also haven't returned to Neopets or AdventureGameStudio forums since their time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mustang posted:

"According to two people familiar with the matter"?

Sounds sketchy to me, just a clickbait article.

I think it's probably a feeler from the admin. Bloomberg isn't perfect but it's not going to make it up without high level sources.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mustang posted:

"According to two people familiar with the matter"?

Sounds sketchy to me, just a clickbait article.

A lot of the "BIDEN SAID $2K BUT ALL WE'RE GETTING IS $1.4K THIS IS A SHAM" stuff assumes that Biden doesn't know how hosed we are.

Big numbers in his ask.

https://twitter.com/BoKnowsNews/status/1349838706283261953

Plus all the aid and moratoriums go through September.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Kris Kristofferson absolutely fuckin rules

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Best Friends posted:

Not sure this has been posted yet, but, gently caress.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...m_medium=social

I thought this past week had finally woken mainstream libs up to what the republicans are about, but no. It's "bipartisan compromise attempt" time, baby.

Also it looks like they're going to go for $1400 checks instead of $2k because 600 last year plus 1400 now equals 2k. Gotta make sure to rules lawyer every benefit down, especially after winning two Senate seats on "$2k checks"

After four years of reckless spending by Democratic President Donald Trump, Congressional Republicans are right to be concerned about the deficit. Therefore, after hours of compromise, the Biden administration is pleased to offer those making under 15k a 10% discount to the Jam of the Month club, effective January 2024.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'd would have bought him a beer already, but gently caress yes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

KirbyKhan posted:

gently caress no I haven't. I also haven't returned to Neopets or AdventureGameStudio forums since their time.

Man, you might just have rose colored glasses about the good ole days too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'd would have bought him a beer already, but gently caress yes.

Hell he deserves a lifetime supply of whatever he wants, maybe that on the governments time but some company should step in.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Time Crisis Actor posted:

For loving real.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Now that's a fun metaphor.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Wait, this is the same Kristofferson from the movie Blade? Became a helicopter pilot after finishing Ranger school in the 60's?! https://www.military.com/veteran-jo...20in%20Germany.

Weren't you looking for people for Mount Gipmore....

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Iain posted:

Wait, this is the same Kristofferson from the movie Blade? Became a helicopter pilot after finishing Ranger school in the 60's?! https://www.military.com/veteran-jo...20in%20Germany.

Yes, it’s the same guy. Also in Convoy.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

And stole a helo and landed in Johnny Cash's yard to drop off a demo tape.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Midjack posted:

Iain posted:

And Road House!

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Dropped in without any context makes this a big yikes from me.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

A lot of the "BIDEN SAID $2K BUT ALL WE'RE GETTING IS $1.4K THIS IS A SHAM" stuff assumes that Biden doesn't know how hosed we are.

Big numbers in his ask.

If the 15$ minimum wage and tipped wage ending passes, I'm not too beaten up about him cutting back from 2k to 1400, for reasons that aren't obvious to me*, because that will basically double most peoples income overnight and probably more than triple service industry peoples.

and, the inevitable backlash of companies trying to "independent contractor" their way out of having to pay that kind of minimum wage will probably piss off a lot people, and hopefully it's dudes who know to blame business owners for being lovely, republicans for being shittier, and the center part of the Democrats for being spineless. Instead of just getting pissed at democrats for being spineless and electing Ivanka Trump as the first woman president in '24.

*The man on the street in georgia who heard all this poo poo about getting 2k checks in the run up to determine if Biden was gonna be able to pass anything until the next round of elections.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jan 15, 2021

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

And Road House!

and he was a highwayman

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Nick Jr. Face posted:

And Road House!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Nick Jr. Face posted:

And Road House!
[/quote]

:frogout:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
As long as Gipmore is briefly topical, I'd like to motion for Kacey Musgraves replace Katy Perry.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Kind of surprising to see this form an official US Gov Page. It’s cool don’t get me wrong. Also goddamn I can’t wait till it’s called Fort Sherman or Fort Grant or Fort Dude Who Was Thirsty For The Only Fans Girl.

https://twitter.com/18airbornecorps/status/1349561211701092354?s=21

Fort Delphine could work for a name. Its got a ring to it. Do you think anyone will remember in 50 years time that people bought and vaped her bathwater?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

McNally posted:

Dropped in without any context makes this a big yikes from me.

Its art buddy: https://georgeselley.com/A-Study-of-Assassination-1

Edit: Actually its more than art, its the American Way.

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 15, 2021

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

TheWeedNumber posted:

Fort Delphine could work for a name. Its got a ring to it. Do you think anyone will remember in 50 years time that people bought and vaped her bathwater?

Fort Belle Delphine

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Fort Belle Delphine

Fort Bailey Jay while we're at it. Also I don't remember any military bases with two names in them, do you?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sam Houston

Joint base Lewis McChord

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Leonard Wood

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TheWeedNumber posted:

Fort Bailey Jay while we're at it. Also I don't remember any military bases with two names in them, do you?

Leonard Wood

Edit: :argh:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Never got acquainted. I was Air Force.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I think it's mostly a tradoc post now, maybe a mob site.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It’ll put you to sleep, I guess.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I've said it before, I'm really glad I read Fountainhead first so I didn't waste even more time on that garbage.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

weird, i went from leonard wood to sam houston in my IET lol

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've said it before, I'm really glad I read Fountainhead first so I didn't waste even more time on that garbage.

Oh man. Same.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

lol I read them both twice. They weren’t any better the second time.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I tried reading AS and just honestly couldn't get through it. She's a terrible writer

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Just read illuminatus trilogy instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

Just read illuminatus trilogy instead

I think I read it the same year.
I also still have my copies of Fountainhead and (unread) Atlas because I'm constitutionally incapable of destroying books no matter how awful but I also don't want to put it back into circulation for someone else to read.