Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

TTBF posted:

I'm listening to it right now and it's real bad.

edit: a mod can remove if not allowed but here ya go just the "rap"

lmao this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I dont watch the podcasts so I am trying real hard to figure out what the heck is going on. Karl is mad at Bryan for reason?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I feel like the last time I listened to a karl stern show it was him reading word for word from an old observer for the entire thing with zero original commentary

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Shard posted:

I dont watch the podcasts so I am trying real hard to figure out what the heck is going on. Karl is mad at Bryan for reason?

They did a press release stating that they had X show, Y show, Z show and more. His show was included in the "and more" and he is angry about that because he was on the site before anyone but Bryan. He also suggests that there has been an ongoing issue with Josh Nason regarding a lack of respect.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/125437560418865152

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

collocation posted:

They did a press release stating that they had X show, Y show, Z show and more. His show was included in the "and more" and he is angry about that because he was on the site before anyone but Bryan. He also suggests that there has been an ongoing issue with Josh Nason regarding a lack of respect.

So basically they are running an invasion angel. Making all this public seems trite.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Eddie Kingston on Oral Sessions with Renee Paquette is a good listen.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm still confused on if the Karl Anderson wife stuff was a work, I can't handle another Karl and inter-website fake podcast feuds.

I'm a jabronie

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1349499935419322369

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WOL just turning briefly into After Dark was nice, but Bryan's explanation for why he doesn't do it anymore was sad - too many monstrous, cruel and hurtful conspiracies like Sandy Hook truthers taking up all the space now etc

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Jerusalem posted:

WOL just turning briefly into After Dark was nice, but Bryan's explanation for why he doesn't do it anymore was sad - too many monstrous, cruel and hurtful conspiracies like Sandy Hook truthers taking up all the space now etc

It's sad, but understandable. I used to love that stuff, but it started to make a much darker turn after 9/11 and is even worse now with how mainstream it has become. William Cooper had many flaws and was often full of poo poo, but his would be disciple Alex Jones callously took the chaos that the internet was bound to make viable in needlessly dark and mercenary directions.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

collocation posted:

No wonder Karl and his three listeners are so angry!

Is there anyone who listens to Karl and doesn't find him horribly boring? I'd be shocked if the billing wasn't caused by the drawing ability, the stupid Mark.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I don't think I've listened to a Karl show in 10 years, and maybe listen to a Adam and Mike show once every few months.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Wazzu posted:

No wonder Karl and his three listeners are so angry!

Is there anyone who listens to Karl and doesn't find him horribly boring? I'd be shocked if the billing wasn't caused by the drawing ability, the stupid Mark.

I quit F4W podcasts last year, but I tried to listen to him once when I was all about everything F4W and couldn't do it. It seems logical that they wouldn't list all of the podcasts in a PR list and that someone would get slotted as "and more". I was also shocked to find out (in the rap, but I later verified) that Karl is literally a cop, and I find it odd that he posted about possibly being "shadow banned" on the forum, as if the broken rear end board has that illusory technology.

That said, he's always been nice to me when posting, he hipped me to literally the most vile racist promo ever by Uncle Elmer and Jerry Lawler, and (aside from being a cop) he generally comes across as an okay guy. I don't know what previous issues he had with Nason and/or Bryan, but I guess that everyone has things that they are sensitive about.

Or it's a really weird work.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Tama's podcast talks about the ex-BC members reunion on Impact and Jay White stuff. I think it's a work, but it's pretty interesting.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Huh, I was not aware Tama has a podcast. Then again this is pro wrestling, it's probably safe to assume literally everyone involved in the business has a podcast. Might check it out, I like Tama's weird voice

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Despite being an Alabama cop, Karl/Steve has long *easily* been in the upper echelon of people covering wrestling as far as understanding and explaining what racism—especially systemic racism—actually is. Dude was even recruited to give expert testimony for the plaintiffs in Cary Ichter's big group of WCW racial discrimination lawsuits because he had done such a good job breaking down in his newsletter how non-white wrestlers were held back by institutional racism. He may be a cop, but he's shown his work in this area, at least when it comes to covering wrestling.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

collocation posted:

he hipped me to literally the most vile racist promo ever by Uncle Elmer and Jerry Lawler

drat what a nice guy

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

a cyborg mug posted:

Huh, I was not aware Tama has a podcast. Then again this is pro wrestling, it's probably safe to assume literally everyone involved in the business has a podcast. Might check it out, I like Tama's weird voice

It follows kayfabe and is extremely Bullet Club-centric (obviously). He was dropping some concerned words about Jay White's leadership in Bullet Club, which combined with everything NJPW is doing to forward the Switchblade angle, is pretty great.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

collocation posted:

It's sad, but understandable. I used to love that stuff, but it started to make a much darker turn after 9/11 and is even worse now with how mainstream it has become. William Cooper had many flaws and was often full of poo poo, but his would be disciple Alex Jones callously took the chaos that the internet was bound to make viable in needlessly dark and mercenary directions.

nah, that poo poo was loving dark in the 90s as well, you just haven't had 30 years of listening to essentially nothing change at that point to really sit back and take an objective look at it

cooper was one of the people who radicalized timothy mcveigh and is responsible for the mass proliferation of the protocols of the elders of zion

he was also a major ufo conspiracy guy in the 80s pushing MJ12 and started pushing the NWO conspiracies hard after MJ12 was exposed to be a fabrication as he evolved his grift

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 14, 2021

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
"Alfred was a butler, but not a young boy. There's a difference."

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

During the NXT Segment when Bryan brought up Mandy Rose again but couldn't remember her name, the sound of pure distain in Dave's voice when he said "Mandy Rose" was unbelievable.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Alex Jones loved Bill Cooper and Bill Cooper thought Alex Jones was a loving moron

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

"Alfred was a butler, but not a young boy. There's a difference."

The moment of stunned silence from Bryan following that statement absolutely killed me :xd:

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Wezlar posted:

During the NXT Segment when Bryan brought up Mandy Rose again but couldn't remember her name, the sound of pure distain in Dave's voice when he said "Mandy Rose" was unbelievable.
...wait, why? Mandy Rose is good. Or was he annoyed by Bryan not remembering her name?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Bryan's rush to move on after Granny wanted to be the white party was loving phenomenal.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The more of his autobiographies I read, the less I liked him, even before all this.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

davidbix posted:

...wait, why? Mandy Rose is good. Or was he annoyed by Bryan not remembering her name?

I think he was just tired of talking about it but his tone of voice was hilarious.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Spermgod posted:

drat what a nice guy

I mean, people were saying that Lawler actually isn't that bad, so it was a worthwhile contribution to the conversation.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Groaning as I realize that since B&V did Saturday Night's Main Event for this episode it means if I want to listen to them talk about AEW I'll have to listen to Craig.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Yaya posted:

Groaning as I realize that since B&V did Saturday Night's Main Event for this episode it means if I want to listen to them talk about AEW I'll have to listen to Craig.

Let me write that down...

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
Les Thatcher went off on Dave and Bryan for similar reasons as Karl. He felt like a red-headed stepchild because no one ever talked about him. If you take a look at his show threads on THE BOARD, no one listens to his show either.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

HPJoker posted:

Les Thatcher went off on Dave and Bryan for similar reasons as Karl. He felt like a red-headed stepchild because no one ever talked about him. If you take a look at his show threads on THE BOARD, no one listens to his show either.

Well I listened to whatever show Les Thatcher does once! I wasn’t impressed by what I heard but that’s at least one listen.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

HPJoker posted:

Was that on his most recent show? Was it at least entertaining? I'm guessing that he didn't rap, sadly.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wrestling Weekly has lovely audio quality and when it comes out it’s generally like the 5th time I’ve heard analysis of everything they’re talking about.

Unless you’re a Les Thatcher mark, there’s no real reason to listen to it. I don’t think it’s a bad show, necessarily. I just don’t understand what purpose it serves.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If these geeks want more people to listen to their shows they should consider being entertaining or informative. Just my 2c.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

If these geeks want more people to listen to their shows they should consider being entertaining or informative. Just my 2c.

Karl's show is very informative but it isn't as interesting as it used to be and is full of plugs for his patreon site which is one of the most depressing things on Earth.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

^^^^ Agreed on the Karl stuff - I still listen from time to time, but all the patreon plugs are off-putting.

I listened to the Les Thatcher show where he talked about his experience with COVID, but yeah for the most part:

sportsgenius86 posted:

when it comes out it’s generally like the 5th time I’ve heard analysis of everything they’re talking about.

Same deal with Mat Men, I listened to the first episode and it was fine but I don't really see what they offer that I'm not already getting from Bryan's shows, or the stuff with Dave. It's good to have variety and I'm sure there are people who enjoy listening to them, but even keeping up with nothing but Bryan shows is a heavy time investment.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Does Bryan Alvarez even keep up with all of the media produced by Bryan Avalrez, LLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

karmicknight posted:

Does Bryan Alvarez even keep up with all of the media produced by Bryan Avalrez, LLC.

No i assume he just counts the money