Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

very amused to learn the hogwarts legacy developer made the subzero mythologies game for the 64

edit: yes thats definitely what my previous post indicated that i'm a big harry potter fan already desperate to play this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Wow is this the same Lucasfilm games from 1982?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Sorry, my country is currently in the middle of a fascist uprising/insurrection, so my satire detector melted down. Seeing the same language they use in your post put me off.

Escape Goat posted:

Wow is this the same Lucasfilm games from 1982?

They pulled the name out of the dumpster and are rerebranding.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

If George Lucas would kill a person I'd still watch The Mandalorian.

It seems that the latter half of 2021 will be the start of a new age of gaming, everything will come out at once.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can’t imagine a blander collaboration

Go back a page.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

being into harry potter as an adult is already enough of an indictment of someone without even considering the transphobic conservative imbecile who wrote the trash

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
PleSe help me I’m an adult but the evil witch lady was mean on the internet to me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ColdIronsBound posted:

PleSe help me I’m an adult but the evil witch lady was mean on the internet to me

thank you for seeking help please log out and go to bed

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Super No Vacancy posted:

very amused to learn the hogwarts legacy developer made the subzero mythologies game for the 64

edit: yes thats definitely what my previous post indicated that i'm a big harry potter fan already desperate to play this game

PSX version had FMVs!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ColdIronsBound posted:

Do not do this in this thread.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

would you play forza horizon coruscant

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

would you play forza horizon coruscant

Is there an ascend/descend feature to the speeder controls?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there is not.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Pass.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I've never been a big Star Wars fan but a friend talked me into playing the TTRPG and I had a lot of fun with the setting. I'm more excited about Indiana Jones as problematic as it is. I've been playing the Tomb Raider games and I can't help but love them. There's something about the collection stuff in these adventure games that really entertains me, I should have been an anthropologist.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Played 6 hours of greedfall. Im done.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Why does Disney hate the LucasArts name so much

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

LucasFilm Games was the original name/less embarassing when Disney folds this whole thing again in 2 years

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

When I think of those old classic games it's all LucasArts.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the name LucasArts carries a ton of expectations they aren't planning to meet

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

When I think of those old classic games it's all LucasArts.

I didn't say it was smart, just thats probably the reasoning.

I still love how they named it films but it made no film tie in games, then named it arts because they decided that was the vision to not tie into Lucas properties, but then changed their mind and churned out tons of Star Wars

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Disney used to have actual game studios under their umbrella but they killed them all off about a decade ago and just outsourced their IPs to other companies (like EA's Star Wars deal). I have a feeling that this pandemic may be allowing them to appreciate having a more diverse group of businesses.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They killed off their own studios after Disney Infinity failed. They were betting hard on that game. I remember reading some article in, I think Game Informer and someone at Disney said that video games was the one industry they were never able to succeed in.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

They killed off their own studios after Disney Infinity failed. They were betting hard on that game. I remember reading some article in, I think Game Informer and someone at Disney said that video games was the one industry they were never able to succeed in.
Yeah I guess Disney Infinity wasn't popular enough and I recall that the Epic Mickey sequel didn't sell either

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Epic Mickey 1 sold good. Epic Mickey 2 which was on multiple systems did not.

Disney Infinity also came out right at the end toys to life craze, but also suffered brutally from producing lots of figures of characters nobody wants and limiting figures to their IP properties so you couldn't use your favorites to do everything

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

disney infinity was the same devs as hogwarts and subzero mythologies lol

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Wheeee posted:

the name LucasArts carries a ton of expectations they aren't planning to meet

Exactly.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Surprised that Disney didn't just do a Marvel/LucasFilm and bought out a reputable publisher with a good track record.

Unless they had that in their strategic plans and then looked at the books and realized how much of a hellhole it would be.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

bcos theyre not actually going to make anything themselves

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apparently Hot Wheels DLC is coming to Forza Horizon 4

Asteroid Alert posted:

Surprised that Disney didn't just do a Marvel/LucasFilm and bought out a reputable publisher with a good track record.

Unless they had that in their strategic plans and then looked at the books and realized how much of a hellhole it would be.

I mean they bombed out badly once(twice?) before so why not go full Disney and let idiots like SE shoulder all the risk while paying Disney a fortune to do so?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Asteroid Alert posted:

If I could make money off video games without having to actually make them or deal with their audience hell yes I'd take that route

Barudak posted:

I still play 3 and the Hot Wheels DLC for that is fun as hell.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Barudak posted:

Oh hell yeah. Where did you see this?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Asnorban posted:

Oh hell yeah. Where did you see this?

A couple of twitter gaming randos are saying its coming so like, don't bet the house on it but it would convince me to play some more Horizon 4

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I wonder if it's going to be fully new or if they're moving FH3's Hot Wheels Island to 4 because 3 is about to delist or something, and that content is too tremendous to lose.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

3 already delisted

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Ah! Well, nevertheless,

It'll never be delisted from my heart

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Horizon 3 dlc being delisted caused me to panic buy it, I wonder if I will ever play that game.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Crafty posted:

Horizon 3 dlc being delisted caused me to panic buy it, I wonder if I will ever play that game.

I panic bought Blizzard Mountain, come to think of it, and had a great time.

Forza Horizon 3 good.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I hate that game so loving much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Horizon 3 is great

If only it had the graphics of 4.