Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Shrapnig posted:

Yes, but no promotion/relegation.

I mean if Scottish football can have them, why can't US football?

Because of press releases like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

No one talks positively about Luke Shaw. Luke could have a blinder of a game, but all anyone would want to talk about is that Telles or Brandon Williams should be starting over him. Despite the fact that he's been good for roughly the last 3 seasons and the best LB in the league for the last 2, he almost never gets any respect from fans.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

An Actual Bear posted:

No one talks positively about Luke Shaw. Luke could have a blinder of a game, but all anyone would want to talk about is that Telles or Brandon Williams should be starting over him. Despite the fact that he's been good for roughly the last 3 seasons and the best LB in the league for the last 2, he almost never gets any respect from fans.

Luke is a big husky lad and I think he’s United’s best left back and pie eating contest option

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shrapnig posted:

Yes, but no promotion/relegation.

I mean if Scottish football can have them, why can't US football?

I genuinely didn't think football was big enough in the US to have divisions.

But also, Scotland has promotion/relegation and their clubs have existed for hundreds of years

But also this

jre posted:

Because of press releases like that

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jan 2, 2021

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

An Actual Bear posted:

Shaw's problem is consistency. For every match like last night where he's driving forward and making things happen there's plenty where most of his involvement are safe passes back to Maguire and switching off/losing an attacking player and conceding chances.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

There are divisions in US football :psyduck:
That's not even the lowest one! There are leagues not officially given the designation but get referred to as D4 and I think D5.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

An Actual Bear posted:

The first time I saw Luke Shaw post-Lockdown the thing that immediately came to my mind was the bloated Michael Jackson cameo character from that one early Simpsons episode.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

can we deplatform barney ronay too please

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

He should be banned for the term "covidiots"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

oliwan posted:

can we deplatform barney ronay too please

barney ronay hosted a nye party and he doesn't want you to get mad if he gets caught

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
ronay didn't get enough attention over the last couple of days and therefor he decided to write a column with the hottest take he could think of

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

vyelkin posted:

barney ronay hosted a nye party and he doesn't want you to get mad if he gets caught
Willingly going to a party hosted by Barney Ronay sounds like the last thing a person would do before committing suicide.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
actually, I remember football weekly this week paying special attention to idiot footballers breaking corona rules and there was one panelist who discussed how corona had severely hosed him up. wasn't ronay there too? lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Moyes said the same thing Barney was saying lmao. How "footballers get picked on for breaking covid rules and how everyone is doing it so why are they getting shamed".

Gee I loving wonder Davey, I loving wonder.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
won't someone please think of the footballers who can't throw parties in their 11 room mansions with heated pool :(

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

oliwan posted:

won't someone please think of the footballers who can't throw parties in their 11 room mansions with heated pool :(

Lockdown falls hardest on people incapable of having sex without having at least 3 of their mates present.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Lockdown falls hardest on people incapable of having sex without having at least 3 of their mates present.

They go for models so that the spit roasting is socially distanced, so judgemental :rolleyes:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They could always just quarantine with their best sex friends and then mask up for the gangbang.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

goddamnedtwisto posted:

They're already recording it, why not just FaceTime their mates during

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

sticksy posted:

They're already recording it, why not just FaceTime their mates during

It's not the same if you can't hug after banging one in out from 25yds

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Crazy Ted posted:

Willingly going to a party hosted by Barney Ronay sounds like the last thing a person would do before committing suicide.

Not Sid Lowe?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sid Lowe seems alright outside the use of the written word whereas Ronay is omnioffensive

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
At the 2020 Sports Journalists’ Association awards Ronay was named best football journalist.[19]

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

oliwan posted:

At the 2020 Sports Journalists’ Association awards Ronay was named best football journalist.[19]

Because if they didn't he promised to write to each and every one of them asking very personally why.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bundy posted:

Sid Lowe seems alright outside the use of the written word whereas Ronay is omnioffensive

Yeah Sid seems like a perfectly nice guy. He just writes in an incredibly pretentious manner.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bundy posted:

The problem is he came up with the 90s fanzine scene (which has produced some absolutely fantastic writers, don't get me wrong) which produced a truly spectacular amount of I Am Not A Writer I Am An Author wankers. I've never been sure if he's from the "middle class English student who thinks he's better than the knuckle draggers" camp or the "working class with imposter syndrome who massively overcompensates" camp. He might actually somehow be both.

I still want to know exactly what got him kicked off When Saturday Comes, though.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
4-4-2 on the transition that morphs into a 4-3-3 in possession sequences. Have Ziyech drop a bit deep during buildup push Havertz high up. Havertz should drop back in possession and Ziyech should occupy the halfspaces. Havertz then should make late runs into the box. This way you reduce a bit of defensive burden from Havertz and give it to Ziyech. Timo Werner and Havertz on the transition is a potent weapon. Use Pulisic as a zone mover. Drop Mason deep as a pivot with Kante, not as a shuttling 8. Push Chilwell high up the pitch. Actually just enforce some positional discipline in these players now. They are usually afforded too much freedom. It's not good as the spaces aren't exploited with regularity you would want to, and defensive structure is spoilt because of it.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

deep pivot zone mover

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My zones are shuttling

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

4-4-2 on the transition that morphs into a 4-3-3 in possession sequences. Have Ziyech drop a bit deep during buildup push Havertz high up. Havertz should drop back in possession and Ziyech should occupy the halfspaces. Havertz then should make late runs into the box. This way you reduce a bit of defensive burden from Havertz and give it to Ziyech. Timo Werner and Havertz on the transition is a potent weapon. Use Pulisic as a zone mover. Drop Mason deep as a pivot with Kante, not as a shuttling 8. Push Chilwell high up the pitch. Actually just enforce some positional discipline in these players now. They are usually afforded too much freedom. It's not good as the spaces aren't exploited with regularity you would want to, and defensive structure is spoilt because of it.

100% this person is American

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

The newest FM added the zone mover role and only Pulisic can play it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Every morning I wake up and open palm slam a tactics tape into the slot and start moving the zones and pivot shuttling alongside the main character pulisic

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

There are two sentences in the middle of this that I cannot read. Every time I get to them the world gets blurry and my nose starts bleeding.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Seriously what the gently caress is a zone mover.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Redczar posted:

The newest FM added the zone mover role and only Pulisic can play it
This only happens if "Zone Mover" can easily be translated into German or Spanish to make the role's name.

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm also liking "Shuttling 8" because using that instead of "box-to-box midfielder" makes him sound like a tactical genius.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

blue footed boobie posted:

Zone Mover is the new Raumdeuter

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sticksy posted:

Zone Mover is the new Raumdeuter

I actually googled what a zone mover is and I think this is right and also there are like 20 different names for things that all describe a No. 10.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Ready for the trequartista reconquista

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Roaming Conquistador

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy