Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

mila kunis posted:

im done with the gta and wanna move somewhere affordable and i was considering fredericton, NB as i know someone there. but idk. someone give suggestions, how's halifax

Why go to NB, stay in Ontario. If you want affordability, can't beat this https://www.point2homes.com/CA/Home-For-Sale/ON/Timmins/23-Moose-RD/100366178.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Yeah, NB is a province in a tailspin. Demographics alone are a death sentence for the province, not to mention there is zero political will to solve any real problems the province is facing.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Virtual Russian posted:

Yeah, NB is a province in a tailspin. Demographics alone are a death sentence for the province, not to mention there is zero political will to solve any real problems the province is facing.

OTOH, I can't imagine the situation is much better in Timmins.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You'll be able to drive to Toronno from Timmins! Whether or not it's a good thing

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mila kunis posted:

im done with the gta and wanna move somewhere affordable and i was considering fredericton, NB as i know someone there. but idk. someone give suggestions, how's halifax

come live in Windsor. its affordable and Detroit is just as good as toronto

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

mila kunis posted:

On Pretend It's a City (very funnny) Fran Leibowitz does a bit about New York City has 8 million people and nobody can afford to live there but they all find a way. Toronto is getting to be the same thing. To love the city, you have to love the struggle too.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
It's mind-boggling to me we're back to condos with 2013 rents but still at 2019 sales prices.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/CPAC_TV/status/1350094544247914502?s=19

Lol cool

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Guess whos back, back again...

https://twitter.com/ndp/status/1350108691152973824?s=21

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Who is this person? New to the area so I'm not caught up on all of the politicians outside of "lmao bc 'libs'"

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Lol anyone catch the document the Ontario government put out baber's letter?

It's got a correction of his misspelling of princess Margret cancer centre on it.

I'd link it but I'm lazy and on my phone.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Is she the one who used government funding to go on vacation to Disneyland, then when it was found out blamed it on her husband and divorced him?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Is she the one who used government funding to go on vacation to Disneyland, then when it was found out blamed it on her husband and divorced him?

Yes and she's also in a seat that is about as reliable for her party as Airdrie AB is for the CPC

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

"temporary"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Who is this person? New to the area so I'm not caught up on all of the politicians outside of "lmao bc 'libs'"

There was a poster here obsessed with hating on her and it was really funny

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Another Bill posted:

On Pretend It's a City (very funnny) Fran Leibowitz does a bit about New York City has 8 million people and nobody can afford to live there but they all find a way. Toronto is getting to be the same thing. To love the city, you have to love the struggle too.

people "find a way" because its where all the jobs are. i have no desire to love this city, it sucks rear end. piss poor public transit connections (seeing my friend in scarborough takes 1h30m compared to half an hour if i had a car), decaying public amenities, insane cost of living and quite frankly its pretty boring and there's not much of a public commons here. i've lived in places in asia where all the hurdles and costs of city living were at least balanced out by good and well maintained transit and infrastructure

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Nairbo posted:

Yes and she's also in a seat that is about as reliable for her party as Airdrie AB is for the CPC

She's cool

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Jenny Kwan is best known for making an old regular in CanPol lose his mind with rage. I was never totally clear on why.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

enki42 posted:

OTOH, I can't imagine the situation is much better in Timmins.

Timmins continues to be attached to a province that has a future. Freddy has stuff going for it, but is attached to a dying province. Public services are in a marked decline, and the voting base is getting older and more reactionary by the year. Not to mention all political activity is run through the consent of the Irving family. The province also has looming expenditures that are so far beyond the capacity of the province to fund that it is crazy, the Mactaquac dam for instance.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

It's okay, she's ethnic Kwan

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Sounds like CI/NF. I think it started over a Mme Kwan discouraging a close look into allegations of money laundering and fraud because "Non-disclosure of assets is a cultural trait of ethnic Chinese"...The Chinese are very private about their money. A law requiring them to disclose assets, Kwan said, goes against our culture."

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Virtual Russian posted:

Timmins continues to be attached to a province that has a future. Freddy has stuff going for it, but is attached to a dying province. Public services are in a marked decline, and the voting base is getting older and more reactionary by the year. Not to mention all political activity is run through the consent of the Irving family. The province also has looming expenditures that are so far beyond the capacity of the province to fund that it is crazy, the Mactaquac dam for instance.

Yeah, fair enough, although Ontario is big enough that everything north of Sudbury (or hell, Barrie for a lot of people) may as well not exist.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

NB may as well not exist to the rest of the nation.

Mostly my point is that someone shouldn't move to NB for cheap housing. You can find cheaper housing than Fredericton in a lot of parts of the country that are much more stable long term. Hell, even PEI is far better off long term.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

BGrifter posted:

Jenny Kwan is best known for making an old regular in CanPol lose his mind with rage. I was never totally clear on why.

that guy was a crazy person

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Ndp Can Have Little a Corruption, as a treat :smug:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Reality Protester posted:

that guy was a crazy person

otoh it was pretty easy to tell his alts because they would turn on a dime to anti-sikh racism, essentially unprompted

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Sigh
Our care home is hit hard with covid. We have a small army helping out. Hydration. Food. Medicine.
But gently caress.
Covid moves so quick. Like a wildfire. And then just as you think a resident is doing okay, like a timebomb covid goes off in them. The fever. Burning so bad you sweat while feeding them in ppe. The pain and twitching. And it hits so fast one day you are feeding them in their chair and chatting the next they are in bed getting iv fluid and oxygen.
We lost two today. Another three are heading for end of life. My hallways, once filled with people, now have more and more room empty as people pass. Seeing people you care for, knowing them for years, seeing them failing, sometimes multiple people in one day, destroys your heart.
I ugly cried for half an hour in my office after one grabbed my hand at the end of shift and begged me not to leave.
gently caress covid.

And gently caress the loving fucks who think this isn't a big deal. That think covid is overhyped. I want to strangle them.

Stay safe everyone.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

infernal machines posted:

otoh it was pretty easy to tell his alts because they would turn on a dime to anti-sikh racism, essentially unprompted

Why anti-Sikh? Unless you are a hindu nationalist, or a really old Pakistani person who fled partition, there's no reason to hat them.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
hell if i know, you'd have to ask CI. it was really consistent though

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Sigh
Our care home is hit hard with covid. We have a small army helping out. Hydration. Food. Medicine.
But gently caress.
Covid moves so quick. Like a wildfire. And then just as you think a resident is doing okay, like a timebomb covid goes off in them. The fever. Burning so bad you sweat while feeding them in ppe. The pain and twitching. And it hits so fast one day you are feeding them in their chair and chatting the next they are in bed getting iv fluid and oxygen.
We lost two today. Another three are heading for end of life. My hallways, once filled with people, now have more and more room empty as people pass. Seeing people you care for, knowing them for years, seeing them failing, sometimes multiple people in one day, destroys your heart.
I ugly cried for half an hour in my office after one grabbed my hand at the end of shift and begged me not to leave.
gently caress covid.

And gently caress the loving fucks who think this isn't a big deal. That think covid is overhyped. I want to strangle them.

Stay safe everyone.

This sucks, I'm so sorry you have to go through it :(

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/LiciaCorbella/status/1350668602605617153?s=19

Calgary has moved past the point where everybody is mad about the bridge that cars aren't allowed to drive on, and is now mad about a streetlight that has the wrong shape

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Someone needs to spot weld a couple of giant hands to that thing

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
if I recall from the last time the ring came up, thread consensus was that it's kinda lovely public art but a) what else is new and b) people getting angry about it is hilarious

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
it's better than the pile of highway balls in edmonton

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
or the southgate feet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

public art is always a joke being played on the public that paid for it

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Eox posted:

or the southgate feet

Horny is prohibited in cspam

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Give me a Southgate feet over the giant chandelier under the bridge in downtown Vancouver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1350961129720320001

we bought a pipeline :grin: