Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I fell off the trueanon bandwagon for a while

someone in here said the latest episode is good, what number is that?

e: sorry for the poo poo new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

at the time of writing, imo all episodes that have come this year are good

they had a christmas cryptid episode which was a bit mediocre, but the MAGAmaidan and the latest Blackwater episode are strong returns to form imo

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
MAGAMaiden was excellent. Maybe their best since the spider network series. I had to turn off the latest blackwater one because i was getting too mad.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

gh0stpinballa posted:

they're actually correct and anyone who thinks the US left is a real thing especially after the clown car crash that was the "george floyd uprising" is a loving sap.
Uh, I didn't take this person's point as "The left is weak and the right is destroying itself." I read it as the libertarian talking point that "we need real capitalism, not crony capitalism."

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

mcmagic posted:

Dan Carlin put out a Common Sense and it's always funny what a baby brain he is when it comes to politics with how good his history stuff is.

I'm listening to it now and it's almost shocking how naive his takes are. It's like he's so committed to being an independent contrarian that it's preventing him from making a clear evaluation of the situation.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bedshaped posted:

I fell off the trueanon bandwagon for a while

someone in here said the latest episode is good, what number is that?

e: sorry for the poo poo new page
all of them are good. Palantir, julan assange, the dork enlightenment, the doggie fuckers, gilzzlane, the davos / great reset episode, the joe biden election epsiode, art of the deal, macron episode, the one with Ep Opperman is incredible about rudy and nyc elite, blackwater, magamaiden riots

Xaris has issued a correction as of 00:35 on Jan 15, 2021

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the palantir eps were some of my all time favorites

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Halloween Jack posted:

Uh, I didn't take this person's point as "The left is weak and the right is destroying itself." I read it as the libertarian talking point that "we need real capitalism, not crony capitalism."

the only real threat to capitalism atm is capitalism. they are 100% correct, they're just accidentally correct. unless you can point me to some vibrant mass anti-capitalist movement in the west that the rest of us have missed.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Joementum posted:

I feel the need to mention that Mikey Barbs and Matty went to the same prep school and co-authored a zine while there that they titled Vérité which was mostly about how granting athletic scholarships was making the situation in their school dangerous and unacceptable.

holy poo poo this is a deep cut

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Joementum posted:

I feel the need to mention that Mikey Barbs and Matty went to the same prep school and co-authored a zine while there that they titled Vérité which was mostly about how granting athletic scholarships was making the situation in their school dangerous and unacceptable.

this is at once not surprising at all and the funniest poo poo

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I want to like TrueAnon and Ghost Stories For The End Of The World but my brain has been irreparably damaged and I just can't keep the details straight while I'm driving or Gaming or whatever I do while listening to podcasts :saddowns:

Maybe it's time... to reduce playback speed...

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

"how do you even mispronounce Ne-vahh-duh?" - will menaker

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

with a heavy slowbeef inflection Maaaare-eee-ohhh

Captian Kil
Nov 2, 2011

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I could swear I heard this from Trueanon so maybe not.

I remember hearing that the human rights watch or a similarly named organisation has ties to the CIA or some sort of shady Intel group. Can anyone confirm if this is true or if it was a lucid dream? If it is true can you link to a source for it? Was talking to a friend and he kept bring up papers from the HRW and it caused alarms to go off.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Amnesty International has a strong libertarian bent, but I don't know that they're an OP or anything.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
intelligence organizations use those non profits all the time as covers to get operatives into country. not sure if they have a favorite one but im sure they use them all

Captian Kil
Nov 2, 2011

Amnesty International was one now I think about it. Could swear there was one with human rights in thr name as well. One whose funding was directly tied to one of them

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Captian Kil posted:

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I could swear I heard this from Trueanon so maybe not.

I remember hearing that the human rights watch or a similarly named organisation has ties to the CIA or some sort of shady Intel group. Can anyone confirm if this is true or if it was a lucid dream? If it is true can you link to a source for it? Was talking to a friend and he kept bring up papers from the HRW and it caused alarms to go off.

Human Rights Watch was formerly known as Helsinki Watch, which was a private American organization founded in 1975 to "monitor" the USSR's compliance with the Helsinki Accords, perhaps the first contemporary weaponization of "human rights" discourse by the West, that forced the Soviet Union to observe extant national frontiers between communist and capitalist states in Europe by leveraging ginned-up accusations up human rights violations.

Since turning into HRW, they've refined this kind of concern trolling to an art form, digging up or fabricating human rights violations to serve as justifications for humanitarian intervention against whatever regime the US wants to overthrow today.

The most direct link between HRW and the CIA is that the HRW is funded by the Ford Foundation, which is a CIA cut-out.

Here's some links to get you started:

https://thegrayzone.com/2020/04/08/billionaire-human-rights-watch-sanctions-nicaragua-venezuela/

https://www.ratical.com/ratville/CAH/FordFandCIA.html

https://citationsneeded.medium.com/episode-08-the-human-rights-concern-troll-industrial-complex-a62568d79a1d

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
You might also be thinking of the Human Rights Foundation, which is a similar-but-different human rights NGO, this one born in the ashes of the Western-backed dissolution of Yugoslavia that served as the template for what we call "Color Revolutions", of which Georgia in 2003 and Ukraine in 2004 are the more contemporary examples.

https://mronline.org/2019/01/31/the-making-of-juan-guaido/

https://hrf.org/event_speakers_posts/srdja-popovic/

https://twitter.com/elleprovocateur/status/1167856475387154438

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I always thought they were referencing usaid which is 100% cia.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

samantha power leading USAID is the funniest poo poo

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the thing with intelligence services is that all we can know about them is that they exist and are huge. this means that you sort of have to squint at the shadows and try to make out what's going on, which again plays into their hands because now you're paranoid

we can be confident that they do fund stuff which they don't run outright, and we can be confident that they use otherwise neutral organisations to provide cover for their agents in some cases, and we must assume that they've infiltrated and/or formed working relationships with every really major corporation and civil society outfit.

take google as an example: google has no strong anti-security state policy, because that's not a requirement for operating in us bourgeois society. so if some ex-NSA chap comes along and applies for a job, he's going to be well-trained and objectively highly qualified and motivated, so he's a good investment. repeat this process a few thousand times and now you've got cells in every major tech company who can mine data for you or possibly even install backdoors into stuff, and the best part is that these companies are going to pay most of their salaries!

even without any sort of active collusion, it's trivial for a serious agency to boost someone's resume and skillset to the point where they're an objectively attractive prospect for hire - and, again, there's a *lot* of active collusion going on

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

so you get guys like halvorssen, who keeps just a low enough profile that only niche papers seriously look at him and who does stuff which seems basically benign on the surface of it, who's 1000% working with the CIA to train people in basically bourgeois militancy. dude probably isn't actively trying to overthrow the venezuelan government any more, but he's got a mess of connections to various right-wing groups and even if he isn't actually training them how to shoot guns and poo poo he's providing them and their adjacent organisations with organisational training and coordination. for the most part, he'll associate with the relatively respectable parts or the movements so there's no smoking gun either

we have no idea as to the budgets or revenue streams of these organisations, but they are practically infinite since they're tapped deeply into both the US treasury, organised crime and international finance. it's extremely grim

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
they don't have to sneak nsa spooks into google they're pretty upfront about working with them directly

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah it was a hypothetical and i couldn't be bothered to look up a company like that which doesn't openly collude with the security state

still they're absolutely also sneaking people into google lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Muppets On PCP posted:

they don't have to sneak nsa spooks into google they're pretty upfront about working with them directly

:nsa:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

V. Illych L. posted:

yeah it was a hypothetical and i couldn't be bothered to look up a company like that which doesn't openly collude with the security state

still they're absolutely also sneaking people into google lol

probably but more likely they just contract people who work there for various things they don't have anyone on staff working on

i had two profs in grad school who did consulting for nsa, and that was in a pretty small program, so i'd imagine they're outsourcing a ton of stuff all over the place

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm sure they're an excellent source of extra funds for any number of people

my point is simply that you should expect every major corporation to be as infiltrated as its host intelligence service wants it to be, which in the case of tech companies is 'very'

also that it's very easy for e.g. the CIA to run a huge spectrum of relatively benign organisations without those organisations necessarily even knowing that they're CIA fronts

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Samantha “Miles” Prower

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Samantha "White" Power

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
power at usaid seems like a step down

someone with her resume at this point in her career should be doing something way more nefarious and behind the scenes (she should be in the hague)

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Citations needed did an episode about HRW didn't they? basically HRW considered slave era USA, apartheid era south africa and israel to be the most free states.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

Spooks do a lot of things they don’t have to just to say they doing something.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

one of Amnesty Intel’s founders, Luis Kutner, was working with the CIA and FBI. He set up Fred Hampton to die:

quote:

Kutner gained national recognition[9] in 1949, when he obtained freedom for a black mechanic from Waukegan, Illinois, who had served 26 years of a life term sentence for raping an itinerant. A Federal judge described as "a sham" the defendant's 1924 trial in which a vengeful prosecutor withheld vital evidence. He also helped free Hungarian Cardinal József Mindszenty, American expatriate poet Ezra Pound, former Congo President Moise Tshombe and represented the Dalai Lama and Tibet. Kutner is widely known as one of the most prominent human-rights attorneys of the twentieth century.[10]

Declassified records show that Kutner had a history of collusion with the FBI and the CIA.[1] In 1969, he reported Fred Hampton to the FBI in the days leading to Hampton's death at the hands of the Chicago Police.

The contrast between those paragraphs lol.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

one of Amnesty Intel’s founders, Luis Kutner, was working with the CIA and FBI. He set up Fred Hampton to die:

The contrast between those paragraphs lol.

iirc, that hungarian cardinal was the guy the CIA tried to advance as the president/premier of Hungary during the Hungarian Revolution.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Amnesty International is the grownup version of writing letters to Santa Claus, most importantly including the part where they're unceremoniously trashed as their ultimate end

that being said, review episodes of the F-Plus are always the best and this newest one does not disappoint. root beer snobs rule

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Crankit posted:

Citations needed did an episode about HRW didn't they? basically HRW considered slave era USA, apartheid era south africa and israel to be the most free states.

is it the one gradenko linked to?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

shots fired real heads know what I'm talking about

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1349859943776587777?s=19

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It never fails to crack me up that iHeartRadio is just a rebranded clear channel, which if you’re old like me you’ll remember used to be what everyone pointed to as the coming dark ages of media consolidation (obviously Sinclair and such have leap frogged them in danger these days, but it still makes me crack a smile that a simple name change made everyone forget that this company was supposed to be evil).

Populon posted:

Funny to hear Brianna use the word chud on the latest bad faith

I think the word has kind of jumped into the mainstream. Even six months ago I only ever saw/heard it here or on chapo or Reddit/Twitter. But recently I’m hearing folks I’m pretty sure aren’t terminally online call people chuds. It’s interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the latest Death Is Just Around the Corner was a really good ep on par with trueanons magamaidens about the recent poo poo. michael judge often talks a lot coming from a perspective of the thomas pynchon-ian and related time-frame and from a beats-hippies-80s perspective of security state so he gets a little conspiratorial than may be warranted in their actual power and influence in tyool 2020, but i can't really disagree with the conclusions. pirated feed: https://podcastaddict.com/episode/117548807