Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Never has this been more true for both the story and the :nws: manga.

Snooze Cruise posted:

god i love this story
:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

:hmmyes:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I think we have some of all of those, but the world could always use more...

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

you don't tell me what to do

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh boy it's time for part 2 of Destroy all Humankind'sDCI tournament. Yakumo the jaded Miko vs 'Les Enfant Terrible' and man is it a doozy.

I'm really liking Yakumo as the unfortunate loser of this romance series.

On top of that there's some real good :3: on the main character's own battlefield. He still chickened out on confessing his feelings but the chuuni followup play is very effective.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Extremely :nws: since it's josei smut, but this series about two adult virgins with a small age gap went up recently and looks good so far. Geoducks in chapter 3.

https://mangadex.org/title/60209/hagukumi-ai-wa-maiban-komame-ni-toshishita-kareshi-no-totsu-seichou-kiroku

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The translation for the webcomic version of Tadokoro-san is in the build-up part of a competition arc, and as a side bit to that there's been some mentions of her faux-twitter followers.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I hadn't been keeping up with Northern Nobleman and the Raptor Wife and boy did I miss this bombshell dropping.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

chumbler posted:

Extremely :nws: since it's josei smut, but this series about two adult virgins with a small age gap went up recently and looks good so far. Geoducks in chapter 3.

https://mangadex.org/title/60209/hagukumi-ai-wa-maiban-komame-ni-toshishita-kareshi-no-totsu-seichou-kiroku

Her manga is also on renta which is surprisingly cute if you want to read another story too :3:

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?
Important insights into the nature of yuri by Iori Miyazawa

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
that dude is up his own rear end. the whole interview is so patronizing. someone should bully him to the point of tears.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 14, 2021

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
*pulls down hat* never wanted to see that boy in this town again...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Otherside Picnic is cool IMO

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I showed that birdsite thread to a friend of mine, and I think she has become broken - she's spent the past ten minutes laughing, and complaining about stomach cramps while still laughing.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've no opinions on otherside picnic and i might watch or read it at some point. but i'll still call the guy a dork who's got dumb thoughts on yuri and shouldn't have been broadcasted as an authority of it

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

absolute gold

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
otherside picnic is very good, and its anime adaptation has been good so far too, but miyazawa sure seems insufferable lmao

https://teletype.in/@kati_lilian/SJA8KwjjN

the rest of the interview is just as ridiculous

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That dude owns and is insane

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dude who thinks lesbians exist for voyeuristic fantasies does not 'own'

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ngl realizing i'm going to keep seeing this guy and his dumbass quotes get brought up for the rest of the season kinda did immediately sap my interest in otherside picnic just now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

ngl realizing i'm going to keep seeing this guy and his dumbass quotes get brought up for the rest of the season kinda did immediately sap my interest in otherside picnic just now.

same

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if nothing else the miyazawa interview is instructive for why tmfly doesnt want wanna go out to be called yuri

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Endorph posted:

dude who thinks lesbians exist for voyeuristic fantasies does not 'own'
i think his fantasies go so far away from voyeurism that it could be argued it wraps back around

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

i want to become nothing

heck, same

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope the interview ended with that uncomfortable "let's do our best".

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
stop! stop putting the lovely interview in my eyes! gently caress!!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

How about people read his books that are out there that you can actually just read in professionally-translated english and form a whole entire first-hand opinion about instead of having the same intensely tedious drain-circling discussions about a years-old interview I've seen about a million times now

or y'know just drop it if you don't want to do that

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 15, 2021

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
otherside picnic is really good but you would never know it from that terrible interview which would have surely made me avoid it if i hadn't already read some of it. somehow, he's good at what he does despite his ridiculous views on everything to do with his work

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
a yuri based off of roadside picnic??? who cares!
i want to see one based off of picnic at hanging rock
though i guess that one is already pretty gay
i really like that movie though

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 15, 2021

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

sockpuppetclock posted:

i think his fantasies go so far away from voyeurism that it could be argued it wraps back around

https://youtu.be/0ibBDB2OFr8

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Spiritus Nox posted:

How about people read his books that are out there that you can actually just read in professionally-translated english and form a whole entire first-hand opinion about instead of having the same intensely tedious drain-circling discussions about a years-old interview I've seen about a million times now

or y'know just drop it if you don't want to do that

if i wanted to read books by people who have weird ideas about women i have an entire catalog of classics worth reading before i would bother with this dork

see i have a different criteria when i am reading stories about things that matter more personally to me and i know the author is a weirdo about

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 15, 2021

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Red Bones posted:

I love Ikoku Nikki a lot but I wish the niece's depressed friend looked a bit less like the aunt. Sometimes I get confused as to whether I'm seeing an aunt flashback or a present day school scene.

loving same. It's actually made me stop reading it as much. I'm not taking shots at it it's still very good it's just Im dumb so I ended up having to skip back and forth rereading to make sure I didn't miss something.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

a yuri based off of roadside picnic??? who cares!
i want to see one based off of picnic at hanging rock
though i guess that one is already pretty gay
i really like that movie though

There was a tv miniseries made a couple of years ago that wrote one of the schoolgirls as a lesbian, iirc. I never actually finished the show purely for attention span reasons but I did like what I saw of it. I'd love to see more adaptations/derivative works of it too, I really dig its vibe.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

That's a good shirt

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I bought the digital copy of The Werewolf and the High School Student: A Girl’s Love Story a couple of weeks ago and I want to recommend it to folks, it's great. All of the faces the characters pull are incredible, also the romance is very sweet. The author is selling an english translation, and there is a sequel but they unfortunately haven't had it translated into English yet.

The paid comic is sort of a full-length story version of this free comic the author made earlier, which is also very good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Two new chapters of I Favor the Villianess

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this series is on the recent updates list, anyone here reading it and can recommend it or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

this series is on the recent updates list, anyone here reading it and can recommend it or not?

I like it quite a bit; if you can get over the initial hump of the lead dude being an edgy/chuuni, misanthropic dipshit there's a lot of good character growth that takes some of his more gooberish tendencies to apart. Lead lady is goofy fun and also pretty aggressive/forward once she has a handle on her feelings and the general arc of the relationship is pretty fun, as the dude gets increasingly more moe with his big girlfriend.

also pretty horny at times, so whatever your personal tolerance for that may apply (although lately the author has clearly started to thirst and she's drawn the dudes butt and/or hips at every opportunity).

also also :