Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
GGG support got back to me within *2* minutes last night to do my name change request.

Also I might still be busy with work when the league launches because it's two hours early :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Vasudus posted:

All sources of flat damage to spells including chaos. Which is interesting and is going to make me consider doing CHAOSBLASTER IGNITE later on.

Divine Ire feels like the perfect opportunity to try that new Chaos ignite ring

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Looking forward to hearing about servers melting for hours before I get home. May all the patient gamers win once again :pray:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I usually level Raise Spectre in my gear swap for profit but it's nerfed now. What's the next most valuable L21 gem? Discipline?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chris made another 'this is gonna blow your dicks off' kind of post and boy and I worried about a statement like that after heist lol

Also I'm kind of horrified that they said they made smuggler's caches rarer. Over a couple hundred maps in Heist and flashback I maybe found 5. The other changes should have been in by default you jerks.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hey don't stress out because now every single smuggler cache now drops a quest heist that you can't remove from your inventory!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tenzarin posted:

Hey don't stress out because now every single smuggler cache now drops a quest heist that you can't remove from your inventory!

Just don’t pick it up if you don’t want to do it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you can drop them on the ground

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Captain Foo posted:

Just don’t pick it up if you don’t want to do it

I'll be goddamned if I'm going to play Pick-Up:The Game and not pick up things that are shiny.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I saw this was asked a few pages ago but I can't seem to find an answer:

Which of the Ice Nova Hierophant builds out there is the better one / more starter-friendly, or is it all down to taste?
This one looks like it leans on cluster jewels to enhance your curse multipliers, while this other one uses two Essence Worms to run Hatred + Zealotry. I've never used Ice Nova before in any context so I have no idea which of these to follow more closely or which will likely be cheaper (between trying for cluster jewels or trying for the EWs). Any ideas?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So, canonically, the templar should be wearing these at all times, right?

(the templar is the only left-handed exile)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I saw this was asked a few pages ago but I can't seem to find an answer:

Which of the Ice Nova Hierophant builds out there is the better one / more starter-friendly, or is it all down to taste?
This one looks like it leans on cluster jewels to enhance your curse multipliers, while this other one uses two Essence Worms to run Hatred + Zealotry. I've never used Ice Nova before in any context so I have no idea which of these to follow more closely or which will likely be cheaper (between trying for cluster jewels or trying for the EWs). Any ideas?

I don't consider either of these starter friendly.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sarcastro posted:

I'll be goddamned if I'm going to play Pick-Up:The Game and not pick up things that are shiny.

I find a rogue contract and i throw it on the ground

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tenzarin posted:

I don't consider either of these starter friendly.
Could you elaborate on that? It looks like the only universally-regarded must-have item is a Pledge of Hands, and looking at past leagues the price for those craters within a few days of a league launch.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I Have confused starter with new player but I looked at the perfect ice nova guide before and the pricing of gearing for their estimates rises pretty fast.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1f0BIz04pkqmuwKXZYwdTbemV4Kj9LuClSV2vF4Malx8/edit#slide=id.gabd6b1dc56_1533_185

This is from their google presentation on gear progression. If their outlined price of items to get is not too high for you then I would say give it a shot.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

frankenbeans posted:

Would this work with shield throw?

yes it should

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

search engine posted:

Yeah, bleed builds continue to fly under the radar. Gladiator took a ~10% dps hit from the rework depending on which nodes you're looking at, but got some weapon-agnostic block and also the highly mysterious Jack the Axe buff.

https://poedb.tw/us/Thirst_for_Blood

This seems pretty good. 10% life reservation is no joke but that is an absolutely bonkers amount of regen, plus a 20% more multiplier on bleeding damage. Thinking about an audible to go play lacerate glad or something now.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tenzarin posted:

I Have confused starter with new player but I looked at the perfect ice nova guide before and the pricing of gearing for their estimates rises pretty fast.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1f0BIz04pkqmuwKXZYwdTbemV4Kj9LuClSV2vF4Malx8/edit#slide=id.gabd6b1dc56_1533_185

This is from their google presentation on gear progression. If their outlined price of items to get is not too high for you then I would say give it a shot.
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
1.88 gb download on top of the torrent pack

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Captain Foo posted:

Sounds like you won't be part of the system!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Captain Foo posted:

Don't try to buy me hotdog maaaaaaaan.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The last time I played RF was ...bestiary? Ele RF golems incoming, I don't even care how slow it is (within reason). RF MTX is the best.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Chris made another 'this is gonna blow your dicks off' kind of post and boy and I worried about a statement like that after heist lol

He's not going to say "drat, this league is dogshit" Larry

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Arrhythmia posted:

In fairness, if he said "we're bringing back heists" he did say that.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Hey have a great start of league everyone!

But also gently caress you if you get the first tabula.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

from what I recall, the sell job he gave Harvest was much more realistic to what was going on vs Heist, I'd say. there was none of that "folks this league is gonna have you blasting nips" level talk, just some "folks the elite players are gonna break this game over their dang knees"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Benson Cunningham posted:

Hey have a great start of league everyone!

But also gently caress you if you get the first tabula.

I wonder if Hillock has ever dropped a tabula and a goldrim at the same time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Hrmmm they have some of the base types up now.

Looks pretty nice, just put saviour in the main hand.

Donno about these. Could be useful with really high block but its also taking two-toned boots slot.

Seems interesting.

Map options offered by Zana Missions in Areas have (36–50)% increased chance to be Synthesis Maps

Times that by 4, lol.

(5–6)% chance on completing a Map influenced by a Conqueror of the Atlas
to gain double progress towards locating their Citadel

I like this one also. Pushing those siruses.

(2–2.5)% chance in Areas for Mirrors of Kalandra to drop as 2 Mirrors of Kalandra instead - 1 weight gonna be a super common roll.

I don't think I need to say anymore about this one. Everyone 100 mirrors you get another. Very good chances.

lol those gloves for shield throwing, too bad that GGG has done absolutely nothing to make SST mechanically not poo poo.

Also does that helmet like boost spell damage for vortex? Its competing with rime gaze but not having to deal with the decrease energy recharge might be good.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Queue is up

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

from what I recall, the sell job he gave Harvest was much more realistic to what was going on vs Heist, I'd say. there was none of that "folks this league is gonna have you blasting nips" level talk, just some "folks the elite players are gonna break this game over their dang knees"

Part of it, I think, is that Chris really loves his job and his company and his game. His enthusiasm for all of it knows no real limits and it's probably his greatest weakness as CEO. You know someone on the art team has finished icons for the new gems or whatever and Chris is like gently caress YEAH THAT ICON IS SWEET I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL EVERYONE HOW MUCH THIS NEW LEAGUE IS GONNA POP OFF WITH STUFF LIKE THIS NEW ICON.

Despite how much whiplash you can get from the excitement, I still prefer this way to the boring alternatives.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
It treats the resist as higher, not lower, but DoT skills don't scale with resistance pen like that anyway (hits only) and also don't scale with added flat unless it's Ignite or Poison. Where that'd be really busted is if you're running conversion of some kind, like cold to fire or Shaper of Flames, where you don't care about the resistance downside.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

shimmy shimmy posted:

https://poedb.tw/us/Thirst_for_Blood

This seems pretty good. 10% life reservation is no joke but that is an absolutely bonkers amount of regen, plus a 20% more multiplier on bleeding damage. Thinking about an audible to go play lacerate glad or something now.

Whoa nice

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also does that helmet like boost spell damage for vortex? Its competing with rime gaze but not having to deal with the decrease energy recharge might be good.

You do not want this helm anywhere near your vortex build, it will gently caress up EE super hard for you.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Estraysian posted:

Queue is up

Already 5,500 lined up for pain. Think this is still the lowest I've had for a long time. 2 hours to go. Good luck, fellow sufferers.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arrhythmia posted:

Yeah but its funny to follow up an extremely unpopular league release with 'trust me again, please'.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly with everyone seemingly going ignite and one of the mathil starters being a scorching ray I might just skip ignite or fire anything for a while.

Might just default to occultist vortex then

Tenzarin posted:

You do not want this helm anywhere near your vortex build, it will gently caress up EE super hard for you.
Whoops yeah any added damage is bad for dot builds

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wilekat posted:

Part of it, I think, is that Chris really loves his job and his company and his game. His enthusiasm for all of it knows no real limits and it's probably his greatest weakness as CEO. You know someone on the art team has finished icons for the new gems or whatever and Chris is like gently caress YEAH THAT ICON IS SWEET I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL EVERYONE HOW MUCH THIS NEW LEAGUE IS GONNA POP OFF WITH STUFF LIKE THIS NEW ICON.

Despite how much whiplash you can get from the excitement, I still prefer this way to the boring alternatives.

There is no one else on this earth doing exactly what they were meant to more than Chris Wilson

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I've picked out all the poo poo I want on the atlas but I'm having trouble with Valdo's Rest deciding between the passive that lets you build a second metamorph and the one that spawns 2 more blight bosses on blight maps that drop anointed poo poo.

Note the minor nodes to get to those as well, the blight one adds another lucky blight chest, the metamorph one just adds +2 organs. What do you guys think?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't all the other leagues start at 4pm EST? This one is 2pm EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
League will essentially be over by the time us scrubs get on at 7pm