Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Araganzar posted:

Even something like trying to select sites for expeditions is basically like mapping a maze in an Infocom game. But it's breathtaking at times on the PS5, the graphics in combat are so crisp and defined, it's a solid as hell game aside from the interface.

It's not the port. That's just how they do controllers. Aside from adhering to the universal left-stick-move-right-stick-look mapping and having the left trigger aim, Mihoyo's interface stuff is pretty slapdash. There's a whole laundry list of interface problems that make it seem like the devs have never played a game with a controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

ThePineapple posted:

Do we know the order that Xiao and Hu Tao will appear in? I get the sense that people think Xiao will be first?

I want both Xiao and Ganyu, and am trying to calculate whether I'll have enough rolls to hit pity on Xiao's banner. After pulling a C1 Diluc (goddammit) on the Ganyu banner I've rolled 40 times, so in worst case scenario I'd have to muster up 50+90 = 140 wishes before the end of Xiao's banner. I have enough for ~60 wishes right now, so it's looking unlikely, but if Hu Tao is first I could definitely just skip her banner and have enough for at least one pity.
If you stop rolling on Ganyu's banner now you'll be fine. You're guaranteed the banner character for your next 5*.

Hu Tao apparently isn't even on the beta servers yet. I'm even expecting that we'll get a Zhong Li rerun instead of Hu Tao because I'm starting to think they're having development speed issues. Probably not, but we'll see soon enough.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

ThePineapple posted:

Do we know the order that Xiao and Hu Tao will appear in? I get the sense that people think Xiao will be first?
People think that, but it has not been confirmed at all. Could go either way and we likely won't know until maybe a week before.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Question about weapon for a Ning C5 carry - other things equal, Solar Pearl R0 or Eye of Perception R4? I'm trying to get my gear in order before the 1.3 geo buff while I have mountains of ore from the BP and nowhere more pressing to put it.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Hu Tao and Xiao are supposed to be the characters for lantern festival (end of Feb), so we might get 1-2 fill banners in between with Zhongli and Venti.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

zgrowler2 posted:

Question about weapon for a Ning C5 carry - other things equal, Solar Pearl R0 or Eye of Perception R4? I'm trying to get my gear in order before the 1.3 geo buff while I have mountains of ore from the BP and nowhere more pressing to put it.

idk about the actual math there Solar pearl is way easier to gear for since getting your crit stats to an ok level is so much easier when your weapon has it as a substat

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i hope they move to 1 new 4/5 and one re-run per patch now, the current pace is a bit much imo. hu tao is basically done in terms of VO/design/animations/2d art/etc. so if she isn't next patch they probably are pushing her to fill in space until the inazuma patch (which will probably have a ton of new characters.)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
eye's proc also doesn't scale off of all ning's geo damage, which limits it a bit. I preferred the pearl

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Nakar posted:

People think that, but it has not been confirmed at all. Could go either way and we likely won't know until maybe a week before.

Yeah I remember people expecting Zhongli to be before Childe up until right before the patch where it was revealed to be swapped.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

:hmmyes:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Radical posted:

i hope they move to 1 new 4/5 and one re-run per patch now, the current pace is a bit much imo. hu tao is basically done in terms of VO/design/animations/2d art/etc. so if she isn't next patch they probably are pushing her to fill in space until the inazuma patch (which will probably have a ton of new characters.)
I think the main issue with the pace ATM is that they're releasing three extremely appealing characters in a row after four that you might want to skip on for one reason or another (Klee clunky, Childe awkward, Zhong bad, Albedo geo and lower impact).

You may be right though. I wouldn't mind having a little more time to gear my current characters.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 15, 2021

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Radical posted:

Agreed, 1-2 new 4s and a rerun banner every patch cycle would make things a lot easier on everybody. And I don't mean that in the sense that a Venti rerun literally makes things easier for anyone who rolls him, but that is also true.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Mailer posted:

It's not the port. That's just how they do controllers. Aside from adhering to the universal left-stick-move-right-stick-look mapping and having the left trigger aim, Mihoyo's interface stuff is pretty slapdash. There's a whole laundry list of interface problems that make it seem like the devs have never played a game with a controller.

The controls just suck on every platform. The mobile controls are good for a mobile game, I guess, but that's not really saying much. On KB/M a lot of people who are used to playing FPS games hate the aimed shot mode because the vertical mouse sensitivity is half the horizontal sensitivity and there's no way to change it. It's really annoying.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The one time I save up for a 10 pull because I pulled Albedo a bit early last banner:

:hellyeah:

EDIT: I counted and drat I was only 16 pulls into this banner before that 10 pull. I won the Cocogoat Lottery this time.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 15, 2021

Insensitive
Aug 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TheFluff posted:

the vertical mouse sensitivity is half the horizontal sensitivity and there's no way to change it. It's really annoying.

Seriously who thought this is a good idea? I don't understand why this is even a thing :psyduck:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Are the different types of elemental goblets supposed to be equally likely? I have like 40 Cryo ones, while for most others I have under 10. I think I only have 3 hydro ones.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Insensitive posted:

Seriously who thought this is a good idea? I don't understand why this is even a thing :psyduck:

The gross part is that I've gotten used to it enough that full speed y axis mouselook movement feels weird briefly any time I play something else.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

Are the different types of elemental goblets supposed to be equally likely? I have like 40 Cryo ones, while for most others I have under 10. I think I only have 3 hydro ones.
Yes. Of my 5*s I've found something like two cryo, five pyro, five hydro, three phys, four anemo, four electro, four geo.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Insensitive posted:

i can take it or leave it but please please PLEASE fix charge attack detection or my mouse will end up broken by how hard i have to jam this damned lclick for genshin, and only genshin, to detect that i've been holding it down for the past 120 frames, only to drop it anyway

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

No Wave posted:

Yes. Of my 5*s I've found something like two cryo, five pyro, five hydro, three phys, four anemo, four electro, four geo.

I feel like I'm RNG cursed with artifacts, I've only ever gotten TWO 4* phys goblets, and while I have 7 or so crit dmg hats at 4-5*, I've only pulled 3 crit rate and all were berserker.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It just feels sadistic that you can get poo poo like a Petra Goblet with Anemo Damage. It's rude and it sucks MiHoYo! :argh:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It just feels sadistic that you can get poo poo like a Petra Goblet with Anemo Damage. It's rude and it sucks MiHoYo! :argh:
If I got a Blizzard Strayer goblet with Hydro on it I'd be really happy about it, honestly.

They should really just make it Elemental Damage though.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Fur20 posted:

i can take it or leave it but please please PLEASE fix charge attack detection or my mouse will end up broken by how hard i have to jam this damned lclick for genshin, and only genshin, to detect that i've been holding it down for the past 120 frames, only to drop it anyway

Ye it's extremely annoying on some characters, this is especially noticeable on ning, She has two animations for basic attack, a long and a short one, and if I try to charge attack during the long one It will often eat the input so I always have to jam attack twice in a row just in case. Not related but sometimes she will charge the attack and then refuse to fire it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

No Wave posted:

That is what I figured. I don't have any electro or hydro 5* :shrug:.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I use Ganyu with controller, it's not that bad once you learn to use strafing as the horizontal movement. Now cancelling charge attacks like Ning, that's a real ballbuster.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You'll get off-element goblets 6/7 times you get elemental goblets, so you better get used to it! I was stunned when I actually got an on-set goblet, like it's not supposed to happen.

Space Opera posted:

I feel like I'm RNG cursed with artifacts, I've only ever gotten TWO 4* phys goblets, and while I have 7 or so crit dmg hats at 4-5*, I've only pulled 3 crit rate and all were berserker.
Same. Crit rate helmets are the rudest arti in the game. It's such a troll that healing is as likely as crit rate.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Pain of Mind posted:

I am AR55 and have zero five star cryo cups in any set. All hail rngesus.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Space Opera posted:

My Klee runs 2 Crimson / 2 Glad and her crit rate hat is a Berserker 4*. We make do with what we have :argh:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Space Opera posted:

of 5* goblets, i have never seen a phys. not once. i've managed to get two electros, one pyro, and one anemo.

i have cannibalized 15-20 Hydro, Cryo, and Geo 5*s with lovely substats. each

by the by i also don't get many feather or flower drops, i have to use whatever on-set hp/hp%/def%/atk% feathers on my dps units

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 15, 2021

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got a phys goblet on a gladiator, not very good stats but it's something

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Fur20 posted:

of 5* goblets, i have never seen a phys. not once. i've managed to get two electros, one pyro, and one anemo.

i have cannibalized 15-20 Hydro, Cryo, and Geo 5*s with lovely substats. each

by the by i also don't get many feather or flower drops, i have to use whatever on-set hp/hp%/def%/atk% feathers on my dps units
So are you just getting sands and circlets over and over?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

No Wave posted:

So are you just getting sands and circlets over and over?

tons and tons. i'll hold on to the ones that give like atk% or energy recharge and have reasonable stats, but sadly most of those have been boss drops and my elemental set pieces continue to be HP% or DEF% :shepicide:

i do have one EM piece of each equipment slot in case i ever need them

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

funkymonks posted:

I am AR55 and have zero five star cryo cups in any set. All hail rngesus.

Do you have all your fragile resin?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Another cool "rotating" abyss buff.

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

Does that persist across all characters, or only for the active character gathers them?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So these are the bows I have right now for Ganyu.

-Stringless
-Rust R2
-Favonius Warbow R2
-Sharpshooter's Oath R5
-Messenger R3
-Slingshot R5

Fish currently has Stringless so I'm just using Slingshot on Ganyu for now.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This 👏game👏needs👏aim👏assist👏 for 👏 mobile (at the very least).

Your charged shots should snap to the target better.

Other more competitive games do it there is no reason it shouldn’t be in.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mill Village posted:

So these are the bows I have right now for Ganyu.

-Stringless
-Rust R2
-Favonius Warbow R2
-Sharpshooter's Oath R5
-Messenger R3
-Slingshot R5

Fish currently has Stringless so I'm just using Slingshot on Ganyu for now.
You should still have a prototype to make Prototype Crescent if you want to DPS ganyu. It's pretty good as the 4*s go.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
The two problems with KB+M is that the horizonal send is different from the vert and there's no way to make them equal, and that the sens options are narrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

MarcusSA posted:

This 👏game👏needs👏aim👏assist👏 for 👏 mobile (at the very least).

Your charged shots should snap to the target better.

Other more competitive games do it there is no reason it shouldn’t be in.

the whole reason ganyu's numbers on her charged attack are so insane is to allow mobile players who cannot reasonbly be expected to hit things used aimed shot mode and still do damage with just the aoe :tinfoil: