Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

I’ve only ever heard the name of the group and saw the Linkara parody, but I wouldn't have known the names of any of the people in it so I didn’t recognize that guy either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I can't believe anyone would post in this thread without knowing who Gregor from screw attack is I thought I was posting on SA.com/youtubepersons

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0KGeOMPCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHmdGZp8LuY

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h1VzuUM4NA
Danny talking about the TikToker who started the rumor that Kanye and Jeffree Star were dating and her history of being a clout chaser. (He calls her a fake name and covers up her usernames)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Mega64 are the guys who in the early 2000s made hidden camera prank videos featuring video game cosplay. Rocco is presumably one of those guys.

oh right, I vaguely remember seeing one of their videos on halolz when I was in high school

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is Mega64 the guy with nine Final Fantasy LPs or is that... A different Mega64?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this is mega64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVDSrJKYovU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rhzlv-GBYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sw-vdyPyPc

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

proudly stating that you havent heard of some internet poo poo in a weird attempt to own everyone else in this threa dof all threads should be an instant ban

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure it was an own but more being confused because the convo only made sense if you knew who this obscure internet guy was.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

shut up

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

No one was doing that, people just genuinely didn't know who the guy was or what his significance is (me included!). Not everyone has the same cultural knowledge and there's no need to be weird about it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

proudly stating that you havent heard of some internet poo poo in a weird attempt to own everyone else in this threa dof all threads should be an instant ban

So what punishment for acting like it's a prerequisite to know some internet personality from ages ago and getting pissy because some people apparently failed this purity test?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

this thread currently has significant boomer energy

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

Compared to the regular energy it has, I'd actually call it an improvement :v:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this is way too many words for what just boils down to "this is an internet comedy guy and they're not being serious about disneyland"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

It's such a baffling thing to get so elitist, and in one instance in the last page or two, gate-keepey over. Christ, maybe some people need to re-evaluate their lives and think about where they went wrong.

:monocle: "What? What do you mean you don't know who this person is!? Well I never!" gently caress off.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Arcsquad12 posted:

I agree with her that Hard Time covers the same concept a lot better but I do wish they had kept up with O'Brien's mental anguish.

Ds9 is the best O'Brien cause he almost dies or gets hosed over every single time he is in focus.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

just going to come down to the thread for introducing people to content creators they might not know and tell some people they're idiot troll mother fuckers for not knowing my personal favourite fat man

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dabir posted:

just going to come down to the thread for introducing people to content creators they might not know and tell some people they're idiot troll mother fuckers for not knowing my personal favourite fat man

Mega64 had been mentioned only pages prior to your "who?" Still be weird for an SA poster in this of all threads not to know but a bit understandable if the group hadn't just come up.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

so? it's a forum thread not a fuckin' bachelor's degree

Actual content: Legendary early 2010s Minecraft griefers Team Avolition have been making a bit of a comeback recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eRjyehtMBg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQmgn69Eme0

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dabir posted:

I'm familiar with Rich Evans.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 16, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

I'm familiar with Jim Sterling.

hey, Jim Sterling is a fat enby now

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Fixed

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

better

Dabir fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 16, 2021

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Mega64 had been mentioned only pages prior to your "who?" Still be weird for an SA poster in this of all threads not to know but a bit understandable if the group hadn't just come up.

just lol if you don't meticulously take notes on every single person who gets mentioned in the thread and maintain a spreadsheet of when and how they were mentioned and how often. just lol indeed.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Y’all need to calm down and watch some Spoony reviews

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Most of his stuff still holds up.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

This is some silly derail here.

BTW I haven't watched anything Mega64 did for over 10 years and that was kinda fleeting so I didn't know them either

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kim Justice posted:

This is some silly derail here.

BTW I haven't watched anything Mega64 did for over 10 years and that was kinda fleeting so I didn't know them either

I don't think I've watched that Voltage Vengerz video since it dropped a decade ago (or like you anything they've done since) so maybe I'm unfair to people who don't have elephant memories.

Jimbot posted:

Sucks for him his heyday was before you could live comfortably off that level of e-fame.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 16, 2021

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
If you have a decent enough interest in Evangelion, then that live action summary of the TV series they did likely hit your recommends, or if you're interested in Dragon Ball, the live action summaries of the Frieza and Cell arcs. Other than that, they do a lot less skits than they used to do 10+ years ago and their podcast is an acquired taste; I can see people not knowing who they are especially in 2021 if they've been outside of your orbit.

Jimbot posted:

I'm going back through some of his stuff and while his super early stuff is super rough, there was a good couple of years where he hit a pretty amazing stride

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zedd posted:

Ds9 is the best O'Brien cause he almost dies or gets hosed over every single time he is in focus.

And there was the one time he actually did die and his time paradox clone from ten minutes in the future pulled an Austin Powers and took over for the rest of the show.

Or the time his Manchurian Candidate Clone was mercilessly gunned down even though he hadn't done anything wrong and just wanted Keiko and Molly to be safe.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The Annual Pass Drama got me curious, ARE there any 'Disney Vloggers' that don't suck rear end not named Jenny? Not history dudes like Defunctland but people who interact with Disney as it is now and all.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

New Super Metis posted:

No one was doing that, people just genuinely didn't know who the guy was or what his significance is (me included!). Not everyone has the same cultural knowledge and there's no need to be weird about it.

youre being weird. i'm normal

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jimbot posted:

I wish his SWAT 4 LP was still online. That thing was incredible.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

I still think about "You're in my way, sir" and chuckle.

Is his Phantasmagoria 2 stuff up anywhere?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

nine-gear crow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mts-Nx8hqQk

You didn't get this from me.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Yeah the sad thing is with spoony's site offline, the only to find alot of his old stuff is fan uploads of em. Usually with Russian subtitles. (I guess Channel Awesome was popular in Russia?)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1350256582588731393

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I love how Jenny's tweet energy is the same as the deadpan in the videos.