Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Finally started messing around with Hades and I find it funny from what I remember people saying that two of my progression runs where I clear new bosses so far have happened with the plain old sword you first get. Although I've high rolled the upgrade where you get health on every attack but you have less total health, which is so far the most OP thing I've encountered.

Anyway it's way more fun than I thought I'd have with it, even as an old uncoordinated person who fears roguelikes. I haven't even turned on god mode, although I'd imagine I'll break down and do it eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Grittybeard posted:

Finally started messing around with Hades and I find it funny from what I remember people saying that two of my progression runs where I clear new bosses so far have happened with the plain old sword you first get. Although I've high rolled the upgrade where you get health on every attack but you have less total health, which is so far the most OP thing I've encountered.

Anyway it's way more fun than I thought I'd have with it, even as an old uncoordinated person who fears roguelikes. I haven't even turned on god mode, although I'd imagine I'll break down and do it eventually.

I've only put in about 8 hours and the Sword and Spear are my favorite weapons so far. I think the game encourages you to switch weapons between runs by giving a random weapon a 20% Darkness (upgrade currency) bonus for each run.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

'Grats to goons on the new jobs!

On my last job hunt, it came down to the one I'm in now and another. The other job, an MSP (basically an outsourced IT company) invited me to join their morning team meeting, which was like 7 or 7:30. I arrived and sat in on it, they even asked me if I had any ideas about one weird problem they were seeing with clients' firewalls (I did have an idea, in fact).

All seemed to be going well, until I sat and talked with the CEO. Holy poo poo, gently caress that guy. After I listened to him ramble for probably 10 minutes about himself and how he pulled himself up by his bootstraps, I knew that wasn't the place for me. Just Googled them and saw they were acquired in 2019.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Grittybeard posted:

Honestly if you're getting that far already don't turn on God mode, it's not that big of a boost. You're better served learning to dodge attacks.

And yeah finding OP combinations of boons is the most fun thing about that game. The Chiron aspect of the bow feels almost like cheating to me at this point.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

shirts and skins posted:

And yeah finding OP combinations of boons is the most fun thing about that game. The Chiron aspect of the bow feels almost like cheating to me at this point.

Some of my favorite runs feature the chain lightning attack boon on the gun with the Daedalus hammer upgrade that gives you unlimited shots without reloading. Easily the fastest runs I've had, just mow everything down

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/alex_abads/status/1349932249794322432?s=20

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This made me want to die.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
When I think spicy, I think chicken bouillon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Rectal Placenta posted:

When I think spicy, I think chicken bouillon

Yeah that's what was throwing me off too

Well along with the rest of it

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Having only ever worked in the public sector, salary secrecy has always seemed weird, I know what everyone else I work with makes and they know what I make and things are fine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
We don't measure

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lmao remember the realtor who took a private jet to the capitol and posted all about it

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1350253097818329089

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It’s spelled prosecuted.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I got married today.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

No Butt Stuff posted:

I got married today.

Look at this fuckin stud

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Congrats!

I think this thread is only for one-time divorced dads so I feel good about this one

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

lmao remember the realtor who took a private jet to the capitol and posted all about it

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1350253097818329089

What an rear end in a top hat.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I got married today.

Username/post

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I got married today.

Mazel tov!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

No Butt Stuff posted:

I got married today.

Congrats! :toot:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lol we were on the news because we posed in front of the Chiefs RunItBack display at union station.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

No Butt Stuff posted:

I got married today.

loving grats!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

No Butt Stuff posted:

I got married today.

Congrats!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I finally re-watched Tenet with subtitles and I still didn’t know what the gently caress was going on the majority of the time. If the premise of your action movie renders all of the set pieces incoherent, it’s a bad premise, I’m sorry Chris.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I got married today.

Didn't you just get divorced?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/LafeberVet/status/1350156173220179971

who gave the goddamn gorillas corona

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Didn't you just get divorced?

I filed for divorce in September of 2018.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

No Butt Stuff posted:

I filed for divorce in September of 2018.

So like 6 years ago.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

2020 was like all of my 30s

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I got married today.

Congratulations, but NOW will you do butt stuff?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

“Ah yes, that’s what they used to call me- Galdalf No Butt Stuff. I am Galdalf the Wide.”

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

“Ah yes, that’s what they used to call me- Galdalf No Butt Stuff. I am Galdalf the Wide Gape.”

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1350251971207442432
https://twitter.com/_rbush/status/1350256612586483721

Perfectly normal

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Who’s Eating Gilbert Gape?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Braksgirl posted:

Congratulations, but NOW will you do butt stuff?

As the classic phrase goes, “where’s the wedding ring?”

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Thaddius the Large posted:

As the classic phrase goes, “where’s the wedding ring?”

I think it’s now “10/10, yes ring”

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/mack_harper14/status/1349893053629267969

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Your honor, the defendant flirted with me until I did her homework then said, quote, I love you like a brother, you're such a good friend, end quote

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Your honor, the defendant flirted with me until I did her homework then said, quote, I love you like a brother, you're such a good friend, end quote

And your honor, you have no idea how far I carried my printer for her.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

I finally re-watched Tenet with subtitles and I still didn’t know what the gently caress was going on the majority of the time. If the premise of your action movie renders all of the set pieces incoherent, it’s a bad premise, I’m sorry Chris.

Its both the dumbest story and best visual work of Christopher Nolan.

If we're honest with ourselves despite Bane being better than then the joker (fight me irl), the 3rd batman movie was pretty retarded from the opening and didn't get better.

Fun as gently caress, but stupid as poo poo.

Nolan peaked with his ww2 movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Please tell me the bit on the end is the cut out piece of the mask