Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Smh at Wiger mistaking Train for Deep Blue Something; next he's gonna be confusing Sister Hazel and Blessid Union of Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Looks like Amazon is buying the movie for $200 Million

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I wonder if Mitch knew the Tomorrow War streaming sale talks were underway and that's what has been fueling his rants about Hollywood decision-makers recently

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
taco bell bringing potatoes back. big news for friends of the pod and a "wow" from me personally

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Wow. Smart move by TB. They also announced they're going to offer a Beyond Meat product at some point in the next year.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
As a vegetarian I think it kind of sucks when restaurants switch out veggie products that people like to only beyond meat or similar products. It's happening quite a lot now and it feels like it caters only to people that want to eat less meat and not people that don't want to eat any meat.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah, I think Taco Bell wouldn’t have brought potatoes back if not for the backlash. It seemed pretty clear that this was a corporate initiative to push people towards the Beyond Meat option they licensed.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

As a vegetarian I think it kind of sucks when restaurants switch out veggie products that people like to only beyond meat or similar products. It's happening quite a lot now and it feels like it caters only to people that want to eat less meat and not people that don't want to eat any meat.

Vegetarians aren't profitable.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It was all part of their plan.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

WerthersWay posted:

It was all part of their plan.

Ah, the "New Coke Gambit"...

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

The Ape of Naples posted:

Vegetarians aren't profitable.

Yeah, sure for most fast food restaurants absolutely. But Taco Bell? Tex-mex/Mexican is maybe the second most vegetarian friendly cuisine after Indian. I also realize my mistake in calling Taco Bell cuisine. But I agree it was a money decision, it just sucks.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Isn't beyond still not meat? It shouldn't interfere with a vegetarian diet, right?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Grapplejack posted:

Isn't beyond still not meat? It shouldn't interfere with a vegetarian diet, right?

It's vegan, but it's emulating meat. Hardcore vegans have managed to get themselves excited about eating like, lentils and potatoes, and thus have no need for something trying very hard to be interchangable w/ ground meat.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Eating lentils and potatoes rocks, I am excited to eat them and I like meat anyway.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

It's more that beyond/impossible meat products sometimes appear on a menu at the expense of other vegetarian options. Personally I've seen some local restaurants around here replace their veggie burgers with fake meat burgers and it's a bummer! (I don't hate them but it's good to have more options y'know?)

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I don’t know about beyond meat I think it’s the same but impossible burger was tested on animals and a lot of vegans (hi I’m vegan) believe that it is not vegan because of this

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Did anyone listen to the High and Mighty with Mitch about being fat? They did one a couple years ago and being vulnerable like that is impressive. But hearing some of Mitch's plans I really hope they work out. He still hasn't weighed himself/stepped on a scale even though 3 years ago he said he was going to but he was afraid that it would be over 300 pounds.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Grapplejack posted:

That's the idea, anyway. It's about as expensive/more than actual meat. And some of them were tested/developed with animal proteins, so not all the vegans are down. But in general, yes.

But it's way better than the Jack In The Box tacos, where they're cagey for years if they use actual beef (or even beef fat) or not.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
You can look at the ingredients for all of JitB's items on their website:

Jack in the Box Tacos posted:

Beef, Water, Ground Dark Chicken, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour, Caramel Color), Defatted Soy Grits, Seasoning [Chili Pepper, Corn Maltodextrin, Spices, Bleached Enriched Wheat Flour (Contains Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, and Folic Acid), Salt, Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed (Corn, Soy, Wheat) Proteins, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder, Natural Flavors, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Succinic Acid], Salt, Tomato Paste, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent). TORTILLA INGREDIENTS: Ground Corn, Water, Lime. OR TORTILLA INGREDIENTS: Ground Corn, Water, Hydrated Lime. Cooked in Canola Blend Frying Oil. Contains Soy, Wheat

So it's mostly beef...but also chicken, then two kinds of soy filler.

Re: Fake Meats, I'm far from a vegetarian, but I'm to a point where I restrict my consumption of beef and pork to "special occasions" and poultry maybe one dish a week. I'm glad these protein alternatives are gaining traction because even nominally vegetarian entree options at American fast casual chains are almost non-existent (Taco Bell being the one exception, because you could get a decently diverse meat-free meal there before they took out a bunch of options simply to make things more "efficient.")

BK has started offering the Impossible Whopper as part of their "Whopper Wednesday" deals on the BK app, and a $2 Impossible Whopper kicks rear end.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

You can look at the ingredients for all of JitB's items on their website:

So it's mostly beef...but also chicken, then two kinds of soy filler.
Ya you're exactly right. Many years ago, early internet, I remember some vegan friends being all "It's all TVP! That's why they're so cheap!", and I remember Doughboys having some similar confusion, so that rumor was out there.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 19, 2021

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Yeah i only eat pork on special occasions too. like every friggin day

A Loaf of Bread
Mar 19, 2008
Anyone else catch the SA mention in this week’s Double?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

soggybagel posted:

Did anyone listen to the High and Mighty with Mitch about being fat? They did one a couple years ago and being vulnerable like that is impressive. But hearing some of Mitch's plans I really hope they work out. He still hasn't weighed himself/stepped on a scale even though 3 years ago he said he was going to but he was afraid that it would be over 300 pounds.

Downloading now!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Its honestly a great episode and even though I may not be their size/weight I think we all, including myself go through the same self doubt/shame cycle if you're at all trying to eat well and train etc. I have relistened to the older 'FAT' episode a few times because often its easy to give advice to people but its hard to follow that same advice yourself so just hearing it laid out does help. I mean, there is no way in hell having to do Doughboys help's Mitch when it comes to eating habits.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

A Loaf of Bread posted:

Anyone else catch the SA mention in this week’s Double?

Do they like us?
The Doughboys are the special guest on this week's George Lucas Talk Show Aftershow.
https://youtu.be/xt7qsS6j4cs
In case you don't know what that is, retired filmmaker George Lucas and Watto the flying space Jew have a talk show on Twitch. It runs long.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

soggybagel posted:

I mean, there is no way in hell having to do Doughboys help's Mitch when it comes to eating habits.

This is very true, but on the other hand, there's no reason for him to order like a Coke or a bag of Doritos with food from a chain. It should have no bearing on the review

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

This is very true, but on the other hand, there's no reason for him to order like a Coke or a bag of Doritos with food from a chain. It should have no bearing on the review

It's important to know if the soda is gud or not. Some places don't have gud fountain drinks.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
They had good Coca-Cola! Five forks!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 23, 2021

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Nick’s dismissiveness on traveling is some of the loving weirdest poo poo I’ve ever heard. What a strange man.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I don’t subscribe to the Patreon so I don’t get the Double, but I’ve seen it implied elsewhere that this latest episode revealed that Nick is a goon?

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 24, 2021

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

soggybagel posted:

I'm really interested in listening to it. How much does Gabrus stick to his schtick? I'm not interested in someone screaming CUM every 15 seconds, if it's meant to be a serious discussion.

Captain Hotbutt fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 24, 2021

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

PantsOptional posted:

I don’t subscribe to the Patreon so I don’t get the Double, but I’ve seen it implied elsewhere that this latest episode revealed that Nick is a goon?

Someone asked how the two of them met and said they heard it was online. Nick said something like "what do you think we met on icq or aim or the something awful forums?" (they met at ucb)

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Mitch and Natalie sitting in Disney
K-i-s-s-i-n-g

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

crimedog posted:

Mitch and Natalie sitting in Disney
K-i-s-s-i-n-g

[Idignantly] no... that is... that is disgusting. Are you implying I display affection for my lovely wife, Natalie?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Spoeank posted:

[Idignantly] no... that is... that is disgusting. Are you implying I display affection for my lovely wife, Natalie?

"I didn't get to comment on eating pussy, I love that poo poo" - Nick Wiger

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

little munchkin posted:

"I didn't get to comment on eating pussy, I love that poo poo" - Nick Wiger

[Heavily slurred] "I accidentally drank a full glass of piss once."

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

[Heavily slurred] "I accidentally drank a full glass of piss once."

I submitted a drop that was the "To Zanarkand" theme from FFX interspersed with Nick's drunken outbursts about various sex acts, as well as him shouting about how much he loved to play Slay The Spire on his Nintendo Switch, from the same life show. Unfortunately it never got played.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Nick’s dismissiveness on traveling is some of the loving weirdest poo poo I’ve ever heard. What a strange man.

I should save that conversation and play it back to people to illustrate my perspective on travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

little munchkin posted:

I submitted a drop that was the "To Zanarkand" theme from FFX interspersed with Nick's drunken outbursts about various sex acts, as well as him shouting about how much he loved to play Slay The Spire on his Nintendo Switch, from the same life show. Unfortunately it never got played.

Just keep submitting it until it makes it

Also what episode is that from, I could've sworn it was a High & Mighty Power Hour