Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Albedo has a similar charge attack and all you have to do is press forward after the attack. This both reduces the delay between charge attacks and reduces the backstep a bit. I don't have Keqing to say if hers is much different though.

Testing it just now, that does not work for Keqing.

Edit: I have both Albedo and Keqing so I tested both of them: Albedo can only move-cancel out of the delay, but Keqing can only attack-cancel out it.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Albedo has a similar charge attack and all you have to do is press forward after the attack. This both reduces the delay between charge attacks and reduces the backstep a bit. I don't have Keqing to say if hers is much different though.

Albedo ends in the same place when he ends his charge attack, keqing steps further back so you often need to dash to get in range of the enemy again, so even more stamina spent.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

AParadox posted:

Albedo ends in the same place when he ends his charge attack, keqing steps further back so you often need to dash to get in range of the enemy again, so even more stamina spent.

i feel like this could be addressed just by giving her charge attack a passive that makes sprinting not consume stamina for 0.7s

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I just hold forward while spamming Keqing's charged attack. Doesn't seem to significantly slow her down.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

MajorBonnet posted:

I just hold forward while spamming Keqing's charged attack. Doesn't seem to significantly slow her down.

It does literally nothing to do that, I just tested it.

Edit: As in, the movement input will not be registered at all before the next attack command, so if you're spamming Charge Attacks back-to-back she will never move forward at all.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 16, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MajorBonnet posted:

It doesn't slow her down because it doesn't do anything. She auto targets enemies when they're in front of her with the single thrust before the circular double hit but if they bounce away she'll still be four feet further away than where she started at the start of the charge attack.

This isn't a problem for mitachurls, fatui cryogunners, etc because they don't move so she'll automatically close the gap she created each time you charge attack.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 16, 2021

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

No Wave posted:

This isn't a problem for mitachurls, fatui cryogunners, etc because they don't move so she'll automatically close the gap she created each time you charge attack.

No, she will still have a net movement backwards, just less so. Her charged attack moves her backwards further than her normal attack moves her forwards.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Keqing just feels bad to use in my experience. I used her for most of the mountain event since she could use the sword for the damage bonus and it wasn't really super enjoyable.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they need to release Scaramouche soon, so i can have a non-cursed electro carry

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The annoying thing is electro carry can only work really well with hydro. Overload is tiltingly stupid and superconduct is invalid. I guess if the content stays as easy as it is none of this really matters.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I'm extremely hoping when they add dendro they rebalance all the reactions. Maybe dendro + electro can be the "multiplies damage" effect to bring it in line with hydro/cryo/pyro.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I feel like as a general rule there shouldn't be any "one-sided" reactions where, say, a slime would be immune to it. Triggering reactions should always be a good thing no matter what, imo.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I hope they make Anemo-Dendro-Geo a parallel rock paper scissors mechanic so that I don't have to run a geo or a claymore to deal with annoying rock shields

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Why do people not hype up Xingqiu C6 more? It's easily one of the most powerful constellations in the entire game, it's ridiculous.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nakar posted:

Why do people not hype up Xingqiu C6 more? It's easily one of the most powerful constellations in the entire game, it's ridiculous.
Because they don't have it. :argh:

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Do the pet seelies make a noise?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

XQ C1->C5 on Klee banner, broke pity off-banner and kept for Childe
XQ C5->C5 on Ganyu banner, broke pity off-banner and halfway to next soft pity :shepicide:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

Yup!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

:toot: Just hit friendship level 10 with Razor!

Boris Galerkin posted:

Yes, lots!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mae posted:

I hope they make Anemo-Dendro-Geo a parallel rock paper scissors mechanic so that I don't have to run a geo or a claymore to deal with annoying rock shields

no klee? you could hope for an archer or smth with Explosive type damage, which is what she has.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Trying to get some Co-Op domains done for cheevo, some idiot Bennet player is in every single one I'm trying. Never uses Q, seems to be doing mostly normal attacks and charging E as much as possible. The worst part is that I'm bringing a pretty stout support B-man with 200+ ER ready to make it easy for everyone and just spam Es and Qs so we can mindlessly faceroll, and he just keeps showing up and refusing to play anything else.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

"I have to save my burst for emergencies!" *dies thirty seconds in*

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lol I went like 2/10 in the noblesse domain over last few days. At first I thought it was because I was using a controller and just not able to dodge anything or swap characters competently or do much of anything. Then I managed once but it was a ridiculous level 40 kaeya attacking victory. And I failed a few more times. As diluc primary, as Klee, as tartaglia. Like I was so confused because I did this ages ago no problem at all but now I’m getting utterly destroyed no matter the comp.

Then I put Noelle in the lead. Lol autocompleted maid rules.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I pulled a skyward pride 2 days after I got my serpent spine to 80, lol

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Charge attacks are why I don't like swords. At least with claymore you know you don't ever have to complicate things trying to fit charge attacks anywhere.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Charge Attacks are apparently the fastest way for Noelle to heal herself, but are suboptimal for damage output. They keep trying to push claymore spin2win builds, like with Xinyan, but they're never good enough for anyone to take them seriously.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Claymores and spears are both terminally dull weapon classes, I pulled skyward pride a couple weeks ago and having a "wasted" rare weapon is the only reason I'd even consider using a claymore character.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You need claymores to break rocks and geo shields, honestly it's kind of annoying to me how necessary they are for exploring.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Claymores swing real wide and hit real hard and, most importantly, do their best to keep my hand from falling apart by clicking ten times more to do the same damage with every other weapon type. They're my good friends.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wait, should Keqing just be spamming charge attacks? I usually just use them when I use my E (since I'm physical damage).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Wait, should Keqing just be spamming charge attacks? I usually just use them when I use my E (since I'm physical damage).

Well, we've just established that it's super-awkward to do so, but it's her highest dps attack pattern, yes.

The first time I did it against a stationary target it was frankly shocking how much stronger it is.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How exactly do you avoid the attack during the Noblesse Oblige domain where heatseeking flame things keep exploding you? The only thing I can really do is try to keep up Zhongli's shield and eat food to heal, but it would be best if it were actually possible to avoid them somehow.

They attack you even when the fire guy is downed and not attacking, so I'm not even sure where they're coming from. I just keep exploding. Is it a domain effect?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Gobble up one of the many pyro crystals that’ll be on the shield if you’re using Zhong, those give you lots of breathing room.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's tied to the fire mage and will only stop happening once you kill it. stuff like that or ice cages/electro walls/bubble circles are indicated by the enemy having an aura underneath them.

i focus the fire guy first thing and at worst he probably gets one fireball off, then you can be a bit more leisurely about killing the other two.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Also note that it explodes three times in one place before moving to seek you out again. It repeats this cycle three times. So you just need to dodge it three times total.

Like, it's annoying but not at bad as the ice cages imo.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wait a loving second

You can run out of map pins?!

dogsicle posted:

it's tied to the fire mage and will only stop happening once you kill it. stuff like that or ice cages/electro walls/bubble circles are indicated by the enemy having an aura underneath them.

i focus the fire guy first thing and at worst he probably gets one fireball off, then you can be a bit more leisurely about killing the other two.

Thanks, focusing the fire guy down as quickly as possible helped a lot.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jan 16, 2021

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
It spawns on top of me or it's really hard to see, and starts doing huge damage immediately, it sucks so much

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I just wanna get Ganyu up to speed since the gacha felt generous today but I'm bound by resin because I need gold, talent books, cryovine mats, EXP, and some weapon mats all at the same time.

:negative:

At the least her talent priorities are obvious and you want to go all in on her attack, have burst as a decent level, and basically ignore and don't need to worry much about her skill.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hope you don't have severe motion sickness if you're saving for xiao

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/kyeall/xiao_supremacy/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

So I just got to AR 45 and usually did the Ascension Quests without a real thought put behind it. Is there any reason to avoid doing the AR45 one, or should I just go for it? My main worry was that any AR EXP would be wasted without increasing the AR cap, but I also remember hearing about how stupid hard World Levels become past this point.

On another subject, how would people usually prepare for Abyssal Moon Spire? Should I just be going facefirst into it until I can manage to get the rewards, or should I start trying to get those artifacts for my characters? I remember people saying that it was essentially the endgame content, and I was struggling with just the 9th floor, so I wasn't sure if it was possible for me or not.