Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What would stuff the crust of a dessert pizza, like cactus bread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

RandomPauI posted:

pepper Jack?

Queso fundido is probably much too strong and melty, but some sort of molten cotija business?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Smh at all the people who have never witnessed the joint joy and body horror of unboxing a meat pie stuffed crust pizza

https://youtu.be/kkHpA6IvgbU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Give me a stuffed crust pizza slice over a deep dish slice, because at least the stuffed crust slice is pizza.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

RandomPauI posted:

Would it be like a ricotta or mascarpone? Or just some kinda cream cheese?

Also having a presidential opinion sounds bad so I'll be glad not to have one haha.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Democratic Pirate posted:

Give me a stuffed crust pizza slice over a deep dish slice, because at least the stuffed crust slice is pizza.

Those are fighten words, plus a lot of Chicago Deep Dish is stuffed crust as well.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

koshmar posted:

Those are fighten words, plus a lot of Chicago Deep Dish is stuffed crust as well.

Huh? Do you mean stuffed pizza? I've never heard of stuffed crust deep dish and I've lived here my whole life.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

a question about the adventure zone graduation because i stopped listening: has fitzroy’s wild magic/tides of chaos come into play at all in any plot-relevant way?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

QuoProQuid posted:

a question about the adventure zone graduation because i stopped listening: has fitzroy’s wild magic/tides of chaos come into play at all in any plot-relevant way?

I can't think of anything seriously plot-relevant that's happened yet. He grew 8 inches taller, he had a temporary thing where when he tried to speak pink bubbles came out instead, and he maybe turned invisible or something? Mostly it's been funny and not super important.

edit: oh one time he turned into a potted plant.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I'd say that the fact that the source of his magic is the big bad of the campaign (who is also powering up the demon-turned-temporary-ally) is plot-relevant.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

more falafel please posted:

I can't think of anything seriously plot-relevant that's happened yet. He grew 8 inches taller, he had a temporary thing where when he tried to speak pink bubbles came out instead, and he maybe turned invisible or something? Mostly it's been funny and not super important.

edit: oh one time he turned into a potted plant.
...and also the entire overarching plot? There's that whole thing with Chaos, who gave Fitzroy that magic in order to get him to the school?

e:

wizzardstaff posted:

I'd say that the fact that the source of his magic is the big bad of the campaign (who is also powering up the demon-turned-temporary-ally) is plot-relevant.
aw heck should have refreshed

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

more falafel please posted:

Huh? Do you mean stuffed pizza? I've never heard of stuffed crust deep dish and I've lived here my whole life.

I'm thinking of Pequods, but maybe they just called it stuffed pizza.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

wizzardstaff posted:

Sure, yeah. I was taking the question to mean "has Fitz's wild magic surge caused any plot-relevant changes", which is different

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1350190637128232963

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ok Comboomer posted:

eww papa johns isn’t pizza

Pizza Hut and Domino's are the Big Two.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm of the mind that stuffed crust was a gimmick to cut down on waste by getting people to eat crust that they'd otherwise throw away, which is at least a positive intention. But that never really worked for me because I'm the weirdo who always eats the pizza crust anyway. The proper way to get people to eat crust is to make it into pull-apart garlic knots the way an independent pizza joint in my neighborhood does.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

They could always make crust that you want to eat instead of a golden brown sponge

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
If you eat decent pizza the crust is actually good and worth eating

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
if your pizza isn't made with water from the hudson river why even bother. make calzones or something gently caress off

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

if your pizza isn't made with water from the hudson river why even bother. make calzones or something gently caress off

this

water from the Connecticut river or the Charles river are also acceptable if need be

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Imagine wanting to touch anything made partially from the Hudson

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Democratic Pirate posted:

Hell yeah dude I also get all my opinions from decade old stand-up bits.

Grunch Worldflower fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 16, 2021

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I’ve never been to North America, what’s so special about this mystical pizza water?

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

It will give you Giardia

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

New York pizza can be really good but you can find good pizza in literally any US city, New York is not special

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Grunch Worldflower posted:

Hell yeah dude I also get all my opinions from decade old stand-up bits.

Nice!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Colonel Whitey posted:

New York pizza can be really good but you can find good pizza in literally any US city, New York is not special

You can find good pizza, but in New York, Chicago, and New Haven you literally can't go wrong. Anywhere else you have to actually find a good pizza place instead of finding the closest place.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've gotten pizza in a lot of cities, but there's like a 3 or 4 block radius in Greenwich Village that has several pizza shops with the best slices I've ever had in my life, so there's definitely something to New York pizza (probably something to do with the generational Italian-American population).

It's kind of like how you can get poutine anywhere in Canada, but Montreal does it better than anyone. Same with hot wings and upstate New York. There's a cliche that you never get the best food from the place it originated, but I've found that's really only with the specific restaurants that invented it, not the regions.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Yeah I had the wings at the place in Buffalo that supposedly invented them and they were like, fine, I guess. I think there’s also kind of a quality ceiling on certain basic street foods, I’ve had the Greenwich village pizza and it’s really good but it’s not head and shoulders above the pizza I can get here in California. Sure, maybe you need to seek out the places that are actually good but with the Internet it’s hilariously trivial to do so.

Foodchat

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I'm just saying, my go to pizza place in Chicago is maybe closing or something, it's very unclear, so I've been testing out other options. I'm rejecting them for only being like 9 times better than pizza I can get in most of the country, instead of the 10 times better I'm used to.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
If you can't discern the piquant aftertaste of the dead bodies decaying in the East River, can you even really call it pizza?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Yo, Italian food made by Australian expats in Hong Kong

not that bad, probably actually on the better side of my experiences—all I’m saying

definitely miles better than any pizza I’ve had north of Boston, that’s for sure. Nobody can butcher a popular “ethnic” dish quite like a Mainer or a New Hampshirite can, especially in the context of a ski lodge kitchen

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
After listening to the latest episode of the Besties, Ron Funches is a friggin hoot and works just fine with the brothers.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Shinjobi posted:

After listening to the latest episode of the Besties, Ron Funches is a friggin hoot and works just fine with the brothers.
I was disappointed that he only played 3 hours of the game. It sounded like two of the others had beat it and I wanted to know more about the characters and story as a whole, because that's the part that people are saying is good despite the bugs and gameplay troubles.

It's easy to look at the first 3 hours of a game and say "whoa these characters look dumb" if the writing doesn't hook you and you're not in a generous mindset. It's kinda like reading just the first 25 pages of a book.

But I haven't played CP2077 and probably won't play it for a couple years so I don't know why I even care.

Still I would listen to him on any podcast. Would love to hear his extended thoughts on Fallout: New Vegas.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Colonel Whitey posted:

having friends who live in ny i noticed this phenomenon, people in big cities seem to think its still the 1930s or something where theres only unique food there and everyone else is farmers who eat steaks and potatos

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
St. Louis style pizza is a wretched crime

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Whitey posted:

As someone who has had both New Haven Nepolitana and NYC pizza. I will gatekeep the ever living crap out of you.

Pepe's, a pizza place that gets voted best pizza in the US over and over, has multiple locations and I can promise you there are differences in each one. Some of them are actually bad. Get outta here with that every city crap.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Lmao alright, Pizza Defender

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Chicago deep dish is a gimmick soup. Fight me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
https://youtu.be/jCgYMFtxUUw