Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
drat, this place is getting locked down for inauguration. They're closing almost all of the bridges between NoVa and DC Tuesday - Thursday, leaving only the Key Bridge (6 lane road) and Chain Bridge (2 lane road). Otherwise you have to go to the Beltway. God help anyone who has to work in DC this week, I don't know how you even get there.

For reference, only the front bridge in this picture will be open, and it feeds right into Georgetown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Congrats No Butt Stuff!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

drat, this place is getting locked down for inauguration. They're closing almost all of the bridges between NoVa and DC Tuesday - Thursday, leaving only the Key Bridge (6 lane road) and Chain Bridge (2 lane road). Otherwise you have to go to the Beltway. God help anyone who has to work in DC this week, I don't know how you even get there.

For reference, only the front bridge in this picture will be open, and it feeds right into Georgetown.

Perfectly normal "peaceful transfer of power"

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Congrats new job goons!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Congrats NBS!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

I got married today.

Mods rename him Married Butt Stuff Only

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Qwijib0 posted:

Perfectly normal "peaceful transfer of power"

I'm pretty goddamn steamed. The Capitol Police's incompetence means people who live here have to deal with even more jackboots, because that's always the only response.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So when Trump and the MyPillow guy take over do we get free pillows or...?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Joey Freshwater posted:

So when Trump and the MyPillow guy take over do we get free pillows or...?

Those pillows suck.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’ve always heard the Mypillow pillows were terrible, and I just wonder how you gently caress up making a pillow.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

people getting new jobs and married, the wife and I started home searching with a real estate agency here today :toot:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

harperdc posted:

people getting new jobs and married, the wife and I started home searching with a real estate agency here today :toot:

everyone makes home buying out to be super stressful

my advice is try to have fun with it!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Post your most interesting houses that you tour.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ehud posted:

everyone makes home buying out to be super stressful

my advice is try to have fun with it!

yeah but 日本語で and being a foreigner without the green card equivalent (yet, and not in time to help at this point).

if anybody is interested (especially for the differences to American home buying) I've had at least one friend tell me to blog about this stuff, so I'll write up and probably link that here as well.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

harperdc posted:

:same: just got our mortgage pre-approvals yesterday, going to have a kick-off meeting with our realtor next week

It's going to be a crazy process but we are definitely going to have some fun, can't wait to make a place our own

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

harperdc posted:

Sup home buying buds, my wife and I might be putting an offer in on a place tomorrow. Going to bum around its neighborhood this afternoon and see if we like it because it's kind of far from the area we've lived in the last five years.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dogs are so good. Just saw a real old dog still fearlessly conquer a set of stairs. Then immediately look at its human and wag vigorously with pride.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Dogs are so good. Just saw a real old dog still fearlessly conquer a set of stairs. Then immediately look at its human and wag vigorously with pride.

The first time addie made it all the way down the stairs on her own she was literally prancing she was so excited.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It snowed overnight so Ziggy was so happy to run around on our morning two mile walk. Saw a couple of his dog buddies and he kept spinning in circles it was cute as hell.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

God, those poor loving shrimp.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just realized those shrimp are fully cooked already lmao

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Reminds me of a video my wife unearthed after a trip to Gulf Shores one time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz6ggXBFvEo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

harperdc posted:

yeah but 日本語で and being a foreigner without the green card equivalent (yet, and not in time to help at this point).

if anybody is interested (especially for the differences to American home buying) I've had at least one friend tell me to blog about this stuff, so I'll write up and probably link that here as well.
I would love to see price/size comparisons to major US markets.

Also, are you looking in a major city or out in the sticks?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I would never make this because I hate shrimp and I also hate savory cream cheese, but......brown the shrimp then take them out and make the sauce. Those shrimp are gonna be overcooked af. Also, one block of cream cheese is MORE than plenty, JFC. Why do you hate yourself?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watching WandaVision and I dont get it

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Do you unironically like watching Nick at Nite reruns of stuff like Donna Reed or My Three Sons? You'll love Wandavision.

Do you think old sitcoms are boring as poo poo? Then you'll hate how straight they played it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

The first time addie made it all the way down the stairs on her own she was literally prancing she was so excited.

I just got back from running 7 miles with mine. At the halfway point I was worrying a bit he might be tired because it was a lot warmer today. But nope just a big ol' grin on his face.

And he finally did "knuckles" when we got home. Dogs rule :3:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3r3m2a7hTI

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I tried to take my puppy on a run in the snow.

She keeps stopping to try and eat the snow

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Fiz, I just got my Envo mask in today. If you dont have one order it now, its a game changer in terms of comfort. They are pricey but worth it and I can imagine you can write it off on your taxes. The filters dont have to be changed daily, but are recommended after 40 hours of use.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

His Malort review is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCYC7fI-qxw

Malort kicks rear end and he's a big baby.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This thread when FFXIV comes up.

https://twitter.com/mightbecursed/status/1350522843025600515?s=20

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Home improvement question: Is there a good program out there for planning/sketching projects? Something like CAD, but not so intense? I need to plan some changes to the closets and bathrooms in my house and would like to play around with it and edit things to plan it out.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Christ

https://twitter.com/rawsmedia/status/1350522599881760773

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yep

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1350526013311234049

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

swickles posted:

Fiz, I just got my Envo mask in today. If you dont have one order it now, its a game changer in terms of comfort. They are pricey but worth it and I can imagine you can write it off on your taxes. The filters dont have to be changed daily, but are recommended after 40 hours of use.

Just ordered one for my wife, she works in medicine and is exposed to Covid patients fairly often

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Hot Diggity! posted:

His Malort review is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCYC7fI-qxw

Malort kicks rear end and he's a big baby.

The review is very good, but Malort is awful.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

NC won’t sell the full 190-proof anymore, the cowards

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tell me if y’all have heard anything like this:

I’m looking for a new place to live and one of them require a dog DNA test before moving in. The reason being because when they find dog poop on the property, they test it and fine the person that has the dog it matches

Of course this cost is all passed on to the tenant in the form of a $75 test to start and I’m sure the DNA matching isn’t cheap and is passed on to the tenant. Not to mention the $100-200 fines.

This is very much a thing that wouldn’t affect me because I always pick up after Maggie, but it just seems so over the top that it makes me wonder what else they’re gonna be weird about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Samadhi posted:

Home improvement question: Is there a good program out there for planning/sketching projects? Something like CAD, but not so intense? I need to plan some changes to the closets and bathrooms in my house and would like to play around with it and edit things to plan it out.

Try asking in the interior design thread