Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Furnaceface posted:

No its doing this on the web browser too. Maybe CR and Funi are being neglected until they can be rolled into one horrifyingly broken monstrosity by Sony?

Have they announced when that's supposed to happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

8one6 posted:

Have they announced when that's supposed to happen?

We arent even sure it will happen. Sony could keep both running and let them continue to do their own thing while milking double subscriptions out of dummies like me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
How Canadians cry:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

How Canadians cry:

What show is that from?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Doctor Ramune, episode 1.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Furnaceface posted:

We arent even sure it will happen. Sony could keep both running and let them continue to do their own thing while milking double subscriptions out of dummies like me.

I figured this was the plan from the start

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if anything i'd expect it more like how they used to have the Funiroll partnership and one sub would get you access to both lineups unless there's weird licensing. trying to combine the two different brands doesn't seem like it would make sense for the effort

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

"Are the weapons voice activated that you keep shouting like that?"
- Martian Successor Nadesico

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Shouting the name gives your attack a 20% damage boost, duh.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Fafner is good

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I just finished Akira. I’m pretty glad I know there’s a whole manga that goes into far greater detail on the world, and also goddamn, the manga creator really did push for one of the top 100 iconic works of animation ever to be made, huh.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have never watched attack on Titan and don’t wanna ask in a thread filled with spoilers

Am I correct that the anime is ending but the manga has not? I was considering starting it but I hate watching incomplete shows

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I have never watched attack on Titan and don’t wanna ask in a thread filled with spoilers

Am I correct that the anime is ending but the manga has not? I was considering starting it but I hate watching incomplete shows

The manga is ending very soon, and the last anime season will cover the ending of the manga.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I googled it since I don’t care about AoT that much, apparently it’s ending in April, or at least that’s the author’s plan. It might be FMA: Brohood situation where the anime guys are privy to the legit ending though.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

https://mangadex.org/title/13432/ningen-deshita
Manga happens in 2222, the FUTURE, except society hasn't significantly developed, no time machines, no flying cars, the only notable new technology is Soul Transplants, where your soul is transplanted to another, compatible body if your own body gets harshly damaged so they can let it heal before transplanting you back in.

This is a shoujo about a girl who has to take care of her crush after he had a heart attack and had to get his soul transplanted into a hamster's body.

I am not kidding.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

x

:hai:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

cave emperor posted:

The manga is ending very soon, and the last anime season will cover the ending of the manga.

Thanks! Well let’s see. I have “anime just gave up 3 episodes away from the ending” ptsd but I started anyway

I am getting heavy evangelion vibes 8 eps in

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Today I finished A Place Further than the Universe. Goddamn, what a show. Episode 12 in particular had me bawling like a baby.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Azran posted:

Episode 12 in particular had me bawling like a baby.

same

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Azran posted:

Today I finished A Place Further than the Universe. Goddamn, what a show. Episode 12 in particular had me bawling like a baby.

One of the biggest, if not THE biggest, emotional bombs I've seen in anime.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Is that the one with the kids created to be weapons?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Its the one with the ordinary schoolgirls going on an expedition to Antarctica

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Mister Facetious posted:

Is that the one with the kids created to be weapons?

Might I suggest She: The Ultimate Weapon. :)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I can't find the one I'm thinking of on CR, though I'm pretty sure it came out in 2017-19.

It has a male tutor who arrives to teach engineered mages how to better bond with their magic weapon to fight these evangelion/raxhephon style monsters.
They (all girls living in the equivalent of an orphanage/mixed age boarding school) know they've been created for this purpose.

It's an action anime that follows the tsundere romance arc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
https://www.crunchyroll.com/worldend-what-do-you-do-at-the-end-of-the-world-are-you-busy-will-you-save-us

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's a pretty good anime and episode 12 is a loving sledgehammer to your emotional solar plexus, the likes to which can only be compared to one of the better Jerry Cantrell solos or to a really effective power-ballad.

e: Meaning A Place Further Than the Universe.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, i really liked that one.

AlternateNu posted:

Might I suggest She: The Ultimate Weapon. :)

Speaking of She, you reminded me of https://www.crunchyroll.com/she-and-her-cat-everything-flows-, which is just what I needed, after losing my own black cat last week. :smith:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:sympathy:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
The Athena girl knew how to win

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Did the translator mistake in Comiket 82 for the year it took place in rather than it being the 82nd Comiket?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
comiket 82, would be a weird timeline here in the opposite direction

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's a weird timeline either way!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also athena from saint seiya doesnt wear a bikini, but athena the snk character does, which makes me think the person mixed those two up

this would be a weird mistake for araki, the japanese man who was alive when both those characters were big in japan, to make, but itd be a reasonable mistake for, say, an american in the year 2021 to make.

im saying its fake

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also in Japan, he'd be referred to as Kibaranger and not the White Ranger.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

MMPR did get dubbed and aired in Japan later though (along with a few other Power Rangers seasons)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

either way the translator could have just called it the white ranger for ease of recognition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it's real, I was there