Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's been a while since I've seen a thread get Ferrinus'd this bad, good job everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
what is "ferrinus'd"

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It's been a while since I've seen a thread get Ferrinus'd this bad, good job everyone

yeah, yes, but yeah... no.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Amber would absolutely ritual sacrifice me because she detests sniveling weaklings.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

stomp on me amber

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

But no one talked about Exalted's xp system?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve really enjoyed the last few episodes, but my new favorite posts are probably the “These articulate pundits keep addressing the objective reality of how broken and corrupt our system is and how hopeless everything feels and it’s really bumming me out!”

Like I’m sorry but if you’re looking for someone to sugarcoat things or draw you a map to the light at the end of the tunnel then perhaps you just need a break from political discourse... things ARE very, very bad right now and we’re on a crash course to them getting much, much worse.

The time between Joe Biden’s administration taking control and COVID getting under control are going to be massive gulfs with 1,000s dead every day and I frankly just don’t see them getting the vaccine’s under control without doing something ghoulish like means testing the public vaccine rollout. I feel less insane knowing there is at least one show I can rely on to give me the straight poop.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

MonsieurChoc posted:

But no one talked about Exalted's xp system?

It works great if you give everyone the max of 5/4 a session and houserule marial arts merit as free.

miniscule12 fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 16, 2021

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/ChampagneSharks/status/1350363579187396609

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

miniscule12 posted:

It works great if you give everyone the max of 5/4 a session and houserule marial arts merit as free.

lmao im having ptsd

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1350375633189294083?s=21

Ok, If I had to pick, in terms of overall yucks and japes per moment, these are the funniest live shows for me

1. Arrested Development
2. 30 Rock
3. It’s Always Sunny
4. Trailer Park Boys
5. Workaholics

These are my personal top 5, and in AD and TPB’s case it’s very much a “only up to season X, then it becomes unwatchable”, but every one of these shows has made me pee my pants and laugh until my guts hurt. AD S2 is the funniest season of TV put to film, I’ll go to my grave on that hill.

Special Mention for Parks & Rec, because it has absolutely peerless character writing but I tried a rewatch and the SUCC really really didn’t age well. Some of Frazier, too, I suppose, but it’s still a 90’s network sitcom.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

30 Rock is amazing due to the absolute pace of jokes that it goes through. They'll do five or six jokes in a minute.

I wonder what this thread would say about the Aunty Donna netflix show. It's a sketch show they pretended to adapt to having plotlines but gave up partway through. It's weird as poo poo and definitely creative.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

well why not posted:

30 Rock is amazing due to the absolute pace of jokes that it goes through. They'll do five or six jokes in a minute.

I wonder what this thread would say about the Aunty Donna netflix show. It's a sketch show they pretended to adapt to having plotlines but gave up partway through. It's weird as poo poo and definitely creative.

sounds like aqua teen right around episode... 3? 2 maybe.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Listening to the newest ep, I’m legit surprised that Matt didn’t know about the senate candy desk. I thought he’s supposed to be a nerd about this poo poo

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

well why not posted:

I couldn’t get through the first episode. Pretty thoroughly not funny iirc. But hey often times the pilot episodes of comedy shows are not good and not indicative of the show as a whole. Maybe I should give it another shot!

Or not. Probably won’t watch it, tbh.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Any sketch show on Netflix is going up against the absolutely perfect first season of “I think you should leave” and I don’t envy them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve really enjoyed the last few episodes, but my new favorite posts are probably the “These articulate pundits keep addressing the objective reality of how broken and corrupt our system is and how hopeless everything feels and it’s really bumming me out!”

Like I’m sorry but if you’re looking for someone to sugarcoat things or draw you a map to the light at the end of the tunnel then perhaps you just need a break from political discourse... things ARE very, very bad right now and we’re on a crash course to them getting much, much worse.

The time between Joe Biden’s administration taking control and COVID getting under control are going to be massive gulfs with 1,000s dead every day and I frankly just don’t see them getting the vaccine’s under control without doing something ghoulish like means testing the public vaccine rollout. I feel less insane knowing there is at least one show I can rely on to give me the straight poop.

They could do more movie reviews

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok, If I had to pick, in terms of overall yucks and japes per moment, these are the funniest live shows for me

1. Arrested Development
2. 30 Rock
3. It’s Always Sunny
4. Trailer Park Boys
5. Workaholics

These are my personal top 5, and in AD and TPB’s case it’s very much a “only up to season X, then it becomes unwatchable”, but every one of these shows has made me pee my pants and laugh until my guts hurt. AD S2 is the funniest season of TV put to film, I’ll go to my grave on that hill.

Special Mention for Parks & Rec, because it has absolutely peerless character writing but I tried a rewatch and the SUCC really really didn’t age well. Some of Frazier, too, I suppose, but it’s still a 90’s network sitcom.

yea Tina Fey sucks rear end in a lot of ways but the whole performative 'wow guess I can never watch 30 Rock again' element to the making fun of her dumb takes was wild. It's probably one of the best shows like it that worked so well because it was one of the few ones going 'get it, the joke is people like us are loving idiots and our industry is a joke' instead of, say, Parks and Rec's 'this is actually extremely important'.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It was also weird because it's like... Tina Fey got up on stage in front of a room full of newspeople and comedians and was like "I hope I am remembered for being extremely racist" and everyone laughed and laughed and then woke twitter was like "look how racist she is" proving once and for all that a sense or moral superiority can only bloom from the corpse of your sense of humor.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Any sketch show on Netflix is going up against the absolutely perfect first season of “I think you should leave” and I don’t envy them.

It's a good show

e: I'm talking about “I think you should leave”

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i liked 30 rock a lot. i think it probably holds up.

it captured the ridiculous fragile ego of the "giant of industry" type so well and pretty early on, probably informed my understanding of those kinds of people a great deal

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

It's amazing how much quality a show can get out of the premise "what if sketches were exactly as long as they needed to be".

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

nathan for you is a big oversight here, Do Better y’all

e: also eastbound and down

Wraith of J.O.I. fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 16, 2021

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

really just go ahead and lump in the whole McBride trilogy of shows

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I know that Chapo said they'll never talk about the Cursed Isle ever again but I feel this article is prime reading series material.

https://twitter.com/Mr_Considerate/status/1350377841762906112?s=19

Jeremy Corbyn caused me to yell at my kids and have a heart attack

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Dr.Radical posted:

Listening to the newest ep, I’m legit surprised that Matt didn’t know about the senate candy desk. I thought he’s supposed to be a nerd about this poo poo

That part was funny and kinda strange, also apparently will has no idea what television static is? Just showing his whole rear end by painstakingly making exactly the same joke as amber.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jeremy Corbyn caused me to yell at my kids and have a heart attack

Jeremy Corbin nipped me pacemaker at the Tesco

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bust Rodd posted:

1. Arrested Development
2. 30 Rock
3. It’s Always Sunny
4. Trailer Park Boys
5. Workaholics

Mitch Hurwood did a re-cut of the last Netflix season, and it's a lot better -- worth checking out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m the psycho who preferred the original cut, TBH, and he cut the funniest joke out of the new edit and that was when I decided he was comedically bankrupt

(The joke just wouldn’t work in the new format but it was hardest I laughed so :( )

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
wait

is patriot a comedy about crying and how having ptsd is hard

or

is patriot a drama about how stupid and feckless our deep state is

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Patriot is both that's why it's so loving good.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Listening to the Superstructure podcast on the “dirtbag left”. They are very offended by the idea that the left shouldn’t be proud of its losses.

E: and of course their idea that Marxism “naturalizes” markets or private property is just asinine.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 16, 2021

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Dr.Radical posted:

I'm here to hold you accountable with 3 pinocchio. Will and Amber said they didn't know but Matt said Yes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Kingfish posted:

Listening to the Superstructure podcast on the “dirtbag left”. They are very offended by the idea that the left shouldn’t be proud of its losses.

E: and of course their idea that Marxism “naturalizes” markets or private property is just asinine.
I couldn't even figure out what they were trying to argue about. As far as I can tell, Matt was just trying to put across to them that yes, your theories are Correct, but so what, that doesn't win you power.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Halloween Jack posted:

I couldn't even figure out what they were trying to argue about. As far as I can tell, Matt was just trying to put across to them that yes, your theories are Correct, but so what, that doesn't win you power.

that was literally it yea. Matt was saying 'yea most of what you're saying is an accurate reading of the text and all, but who gives a poo poo when you can't convert that into political victory' and their side was...I guess 'you don't understand, we ARE reading the text correctly, though'???

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Having someone who laughs a lot turned way up in the mix is certainly a choice

This is not a very entertaining podcast I don't think I'm going to download it again

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

terrorist ambulance posted:

Having someone who laughs a lot turned way up in the mix is certainly a choice
StavvyBaby Solves Your Economy

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Halloween Jack posted:

They keep saying that they don’t like thinking of things as a zero-sum in that way. But I just can’t enter that headspace.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

StavvyBaby Solves Your Economy

Honestly listening to these people talk is probably how stav feels listening to chapo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
Apologies for having no memory of who on twitter found this but those podcast people work for some I believe Saudi funded think tank. Not even noble striving losers.
e: Guess it's not so secret.
https://twitter.com/GISP_Tweets/status/1291066227444584454

Paffgen fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 16, 2021