Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Longbike
Sep 7, 2011
This is the worst league in memory for me with crashes and disconnects. It took four attempts to do cruel lab- one CTD and three disconnects before I was finally able to blade blast Izaro into oblivion and get my points. Constant crashing in Lioneye's watch as well. At least the league is fun and good otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its not a pop thing even the au server crashes

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I like the league mechanic, but 3.13 has tanked my performance and I have textures popping in constantly. Hope they fix this soon because it's unplayable for me right now.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Always love the league starts where I just have to assume or know where the enemies are. Hits that Metamorph nostalgia

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EleHit Elementalist is pretty cool. Lots of good defensive and offensive options depending on how I want to build it. Being able to zoom to maps with two lovely blue wands with nothing but attack speed on them was great.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
League is fun but the server issues are worse than horrible

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Elentor posted:

Here's a list of the 3.13 Uniques:

My thoughts:
Arn's Anguish looks pretty nuts for anyone who can get lots of endurance charges but doesn't need them for defense. Each brutal charge is 6% more damage on average.
Ancient Skull looks best in slot for any minion instability build due to the reduced life mod on it. The crit-based dot/buff is just icing on the cake.
Seen shadowflame already.
Can't you just... use doppleganger guise and not cast Unhinge? The defensive bonuses look loving overpowered in that case. There must be some catch to it. Maybe you're only "Sane" for a period of time after Unhinge wears off?
Goblinedge looks like poo poo unless the aspd and crit are somehow local, in which case it incentivizes not gaining charges. The culling strike benefits look rather minor.
Not sure about Legacy of Fury. Does the scorch-burn scale with your stats? If it does then it'd make for some very strong clear on any build that can scorch.
Oleysa's Delight looked insane at first for ignite but then I realized it's 8% more instead of 4% more, so in reality the belt is just doubling the effectiveness of frenzy charges, which is 4% more per charge... that's still 40% more at 10 charges, but I doubt ignite builds can get many frenzy charges and the belt doesn't give a whole lot else.
Hand of the Fervent just looks bad considering both the added damage and damage taken scale with mana cost, but I guess if you can reduce the damage taken enough it's an alternative to archmage support.
Rotblood Promise looks like a much easier method of self-cursing compared to shackles, though I'm not sure if there are any builds anymore that want self-curse. An alternative is to use it just for a cheaper blasphemy?
Graven's Secret looks like a good defensive option for any CWDT build that can get power charges.
Qotra's Regulator looks pretty spicy for a non-crit dot build, but has the potential to just murder you. ...would it kill a CI character, or does it round down?
Survivor's Guilt looks good if you're partially invested in armor(so the reduction has less impact), have low strength, and can't easily grab imbalanced guard.
Viridi's Veil looks like you'd want it mainly for hexproof, though making enemy damage unlucky is very nice on its own. Low life builds should probably just use lori's lantern instead. Wasn't there something else that gave a bonus if you wore a magic item?

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 16, 2021

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

McFrugal posted:

Wasn't there something else that gave a bonus if you wore a magic item?

Hidden Potential?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Made 2 ex in my first map :stare:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Arrhythmia posted:

Made 2 ex in my first map :stare:

:eyepop:
drat I need to pick up the pace and get to these map rituals

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

As someone running chieftan cyclone, legacy of fury looks incredible and I want them on my footsies yesterday.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Anyone with performance issues. I had some errr, difficulties yesterday where I repeatedly crashed at the same spot (shoutout to CouxCucksClan who helped me fix it) and I did two things that have massively increased performance:

1- Vulkan thing ( I do not know what this is)
2- repaired the game cache (how to here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531) which found dozens of things that needed repairing. Have not crashed since and delerium maps no longer tank my graphics when they start.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Can anyone point me to where I can do the double resistances craft? I know I picked it up at some point but even with nothing in the bench I can't seem to find it. It also doesn't seem to appear on the wiki either.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Zenithe posted:

2- repaired the game cache (how to here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531) which found dozens of things that needed repairing. Have not crashed since and delerium maps no longer tank my graphics when they start.
So uhhh funny story I did this (well, I did the steam version, which is just local files - verify integrity of game files), it found 12 things, and then steam got stuck on an endless loop of trying to download a 1.7MB update and then pausing it. Restarting steam, clearing my download cache, changing my download region, and re-validating have all so far not fixed this. If anyone knows any other tricks I'm all ears.

Also I'm a little worried at how bleedbow glad is feeling venturing into maps now; I'm obviously behind on gear and working on that, but for the entire second half of the acts Puncture felt like it was getting steadily more worthless and my dps against big single targets is really sad now unless they both (a) hold still long enough to be hit by slow-moving projectiles and (b) love to run around all the time at a hundred miles per hour. I'm using Ensnaring Arrow and everything and packs sitll get popcornized when I Split Arrow them, but I just can't seem to get one fat man to bleed out quick enough. Using the Steels version from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfN5xM8sZMY

edit: I changed my region back to normal, deleted the PoE files from steam's 'downloading' folder, suddenly had steam download half a gig of something-or-other that googling confirmed is just its standard suite of third-party installation protocols, and am now receiving 'an error occurred while downloading Path of Exile (corrupt disk) while trying to replace what appears to be .ogg files of the Duelist saying something. And here I thought the reason audio wasn't playing for his dialogue a couple times in campaign was just it getting crowded out by other stuff.
Little pissed that he's single-handedly stopping me from playing now though.

edit edit: Now I'm getting paranoid that my ancient-rear end computer's RAID drive is finally falling apart somehow, which is great because I'm nowhere near tech-literate enough to even understand if this is happening let alone how to fix it. Oh dear.

edit edit edit edit edit EDI: restarted computer, checked memory, retried, is now patched. Now to ignore any problems again.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 17, 2021

J
Jun 10, 2001

Do any of the blade blast MTX make it less loud? Playing BF BB and blade blast is sooo drat loud.

J fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 17, 2021

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

J posted:

Do any of the blade blast MTX make it less loud? Playing BF BV and blade blast is sooo drat loud.

I play with the sound off and music on, so it is never an issue for me.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Well, my prediction came true. I played all day Friday and only made it to Act 6, so yeah it takes me about two days to get through the acts. Not sure why. I guess I did take a nap while the servers were making GBS threads themselves but otherwise a constant brisk pace forward. It doesn't help that BF / BB has been quite slow, until very recently. I think it's picking up the pace now.

EDIT: Can I ever get out of the backup goon guild? I've been in it for like two years. Every time I ask the main one is full. :suicide:

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 17, 2021

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hexblast rebalance Trip Report: It was a little rough starting out. When you first get Hexblast its not good enough to be your primary skill. Up until that point I was using Skeletons and Zombies, so I added Hexblast into the mix and carried on. At level 36 I managed to trade a couple chaos orbs from Rituals for a Vixens Entrapment and a Windscream. These items are basically essential to play Hexblast, its utter garbage without them. Once I rejigged myself with these and Impending Doom Support Hexblast became quite powerful! For now I can only use 3 curses at once, so I am using Frostbite/Elemental Weakness/Temporal Chains. During the fight with Dominus all of my minions died and I didnt bother to take the time to resummon them. I was able to beat Dominus with just Hexblast, so that feels to me like its the right time to ditch the minions and use those slots for more interesting things. I can feel the changes to Hexblast, it is defiantly much more powerful.

Rituals are increasingly more fun the further I dive into the system. I have a good deal of items on layaway now, most currency. Hexblast has proven to be extremely good for these Ritual fight. The monsters are very concentrated into a small arena, which means I can hit almost everything at once. Once I upgrade my boots to Windshreak I'll be able to hit everything very easily. This gives me good hope for future Maven fights!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Divine Ire Ignite Elementalist musings: This poo poo was insanely easy to level. I did Fireball until 32 when I did normal lab and got Shaper of Flames, then immediately switched to Arc + Divine Ire. I did this because Divine Ire early on sucks massively unless you have some cast speed, which as a fresh league start I did not.

Got insanely lucky with my cluster jewels and ended up with a 8-passive lightning large, ilevel 75, for 6 chaos. A few alchs/scours later I rolled both Overshock and Supercharge. Bought two fire dot mediums, one came with Cooked Alive and then I rolled it on the second one. Only thing left on my tree is filling out jewel sockets and getting some health from the Scion wheel.

At this level of gearing (6L w/ level 19/0 gems) I'm just tapping things and the screen melts, at least up to T10 yellows. I would say this is about 75% of the clear speed of Fireball with about 2.5x the single target damage.

I haven't done Uber lab yet, but that's coming. I'm torn between getting Shaper of Storms or the Aegis one. I had planned for Shaper of Storms but I'm just doing so much loving damage right now that it's whatever. Maybe I'll try both, respecs are cheap anyway.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gonna do deadeye fireball and wonder why my builds are never as good as vas's

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Vasudus posted:

Divine Ire Ignite Elementalist musings: This poo poo was insanely easy to level. I did Fireball until 32 when I did normal lab and got Shaper of Flames, then immediately switched to Arc + Divine Ire. I did this because Divine Ire early on sucks massively unless you have some cast speed, which as a fresh league start I did not.

Got insanely lucky with my cluster jewels and ended up with a 8-passive lightning large, ilevel 75, for 6 chaos. A few alchs/scours later I rolled both Overshock and Supercharge. Bought two fire dot mediums, one came with Cooked Alive and then I rolled it on the second one. Only thing left on my tree is filling out jewel sockets and getting some health from the Scion wheel.

At this level of gearing (6L w/ level 19/0 gems) I'm just tapping things and the screen melts, at least up to T10 yellows. I would say this is about 75% of the clear speed of Fireball with about 2.5x the single target damage.

I haven't done Uber lab yet, but that's coming. I'm torn between getting Shaper of Storms or the Aegis one. I had planned for Shaper of Storms but I'm just doing so much loving damage right now that it's whatever. Maybe I'll try both, respecs are cheap anyway.
Any chance of bumming a pob or screenshot of your tree or something off you when you feel settled in on it? No pressure to do this at all, and bleedbow's gotten a fair bit less depressing over the past few hours so it's not exactly an emergency, but setting people on fire with lightning is strongly My poo poo-adjacent and if I don't try it now I probably will later.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Vasudus posted:

I took the lightning nodes in Uber lab. Didn't notice much of a damage change but the survivability is going to need some thought going into reds as I am occasionally exploding already at t9.

Bosses really do melt in the most satisfying way though, Maven arena has been a breeze so far.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm enjoying the league.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I took the Aegis node. I have a 3400hp secondary health pool for elemental damage. I've been running reds and my health hardly dips. gently caress the shock.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I found a usable 6L weapon for my build from a plot heist in a7. So that was nice

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Vasudus posted:

I took the Aegis node. I have a 3400hp secondary health pool for elemental damage. I've been running reds and my health hardly dips. gently caress the shock.

Got a PoB for your build? Sounds interesting

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
As someone who never played Heist league... what's the deal with the alarm meter? Is it just a "how many chests you're allowed to open" meter? I get the feeling that it used to do something else and got stripped down after the league ended

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

As someone who never played Heist league... what's the deal with the alarm meter? Is it just a "how many chests you're allowed to open" meter? I get the feeling that it used to do something else and got stripped down after the league ended

ding ding ding

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010
This is officially the best league for me. Not only is Blade Blast Assassin really fun, but I just got a Tabula Rasa from the league mechanic in Act 6. Smooth sailing ahead!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It used to be a very half-rear end stealth mechanic. GGG knew it wasn't implemented correctly and got rid of it week one of heist league.

I personally like were Heist ended up. Its still quite exciting to escape!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Vasudus posted:

Yeah I went bastion with golems and it seems like the better choice if you're not going full glass cannon max ignite dps. The quick recharge is just icing on the cake.

Goreban Dallas 2.0
Jan 4, 2019

Xenthalon posted:

This is officially the best league for me. Not only is Blade Blast Assassin really fun, but I just got a Tabula Rasa from the league mechanic in Act 6. Smooth sailing ahead!

Same here, only mine dropped from a prophecy in act 2. Only in A7 currently but it’s drat powerful. A little squishy, but that’s probably more to me neglecting to update the rest of my gear and potions like I always do.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
I'm also doing DI elementalist with the same plan. Still working through the campaign since I didn't get to play as much as I'd wanted yesterday, but after getting Shaper of Flames, I can tell that damage is, uh, not going to be a problem, and once I realized how many notables I'd eventually have, going with Bastion of Elements seems almost like a no-brainer. That plus a more robust (and less annoying) golem shell is going to be special.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
For Righteous fire, Is a doryanis (130 inc. elemental= better wor worse than a sceptre with 25 fire multiplier?
Is multiplier some kind of "more" modifier?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Is multiplier some kind of "more" modifier?

Yes. It's a "more" that stacks with itself multiplicatively, but not with proper More multipliers. That means it usually better than Increased.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
My first map, I moved one screen over from the entrance, in that one screen I had:

A vaal side area
A smuggler cache
A sacred grove
And two rituals

Maps are juiced as hell now.

Side tip for those still new to the league, if you hit V you open up the league's tribute shop and you can use it without having to go to a ritual site to cash in, handy when about to leave the area.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

My first map, I moved one screen over from the entrance, in that one screen I had:

And we haven't even got to the Atlas passives yet...

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Necro Cremation with Arma Brand sailed through the story and bosses with ease. Once trade works again I'll probably switch to detonate dead, currently vaal DD two linked is super strong for league mechanic. Enjoying the league mechanic so far, haven't interacted with Maven yet.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so the atlas passive that makes essence monsters not release when you corrupt them actually only does that. it turns the release outcome into an absolutely nothing outcome. it doesnt remove the chance of that outcome only leaving the good upgrade chances.

completely and 100% worthless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Side tip for those still new to the league, if you hit V you open up the league's tribute shop and you can use it without having to go to a ritual site to cash in, handy when about to leave the area.

I've also noticed if you hit V and the ritual shop doesnt come up that means an Alva/Metamorph or other similar league mechanic is in the zone, don't know if this could be useful or not.