Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the uncommons have been knocking it out of the park this set

Oh man, I'm excited to draft around that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

HootTheOwl posted:

Like Into the Story but I can still play it in the uro meta.

E: Into the Snowey

Into the Stormy

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

https://twitter.com/yoman_5/status/1350550413733486593?s=21

Not bad as far as colourless untapped lands go

This will be fun in brawl

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

I like my turn 4's in limited to own bones.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I wanna see another rune!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Evolving Wilds doesn't let you arbitrarily pick colors you don't otherwise have in order to play cards you've stolen like the gently caress you are.

that's ok, all those cards have 4 lines of text explaining that you can use any color of mana to cast those cards these days

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

sleighce's ingenuity

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Lol if you haven't won on turn 4 with a busted planeswalker then what are you even doing?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lone Goat posted:

Into the Stormy

Ugin's Ice-sight

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

Ugin's Ice-sight

Snowclave Plunder

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

YggdrasilTM posted:

Holy poo poo.

This card seems like it'll be Precognitive Perception on steroids. Even if X is only 2-3, it's still Precog at instant speed.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Feels like it's good but it's not Into the Story good

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
A bigass scry plus 3 cards is just as good as 4 cards most of the time, many times even better. (Anyone who's played Into the Story and drawn 4 lands will attest to that).

5 mana instead of 4 means Into the Story probably still edges it out in decks that can consistently turn it on. But giving non-Rogues blue decks a way to hold up countermagic and then gas up at end of turn is pretty frickin' sweet.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
That card is probably the best draw spell printed in the last 20 years if you can actually play a snow deck. The tools might actually be there this time around though, Kaldring is also busted and there are several decent creatures

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

YggdrasilTM posted:

Holy poo poo.

Man I want Jeskai snow to be a thing so I can still play my kung-fu Narsets

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Having flashbacks to tricolor snow control from Ravnica-Coldsnap-Time Spiral standard. Loved that deck.

Plus this time there's nothing as obnoxious as Dragonstorm in standard.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Count Bleck posted:

Are we not gonna talk about the most metal creature typing in the set?

The lore overview of immersturm (the rakdos part of kaldheim) is :rock::krad::rock:

Planeswalker's Guide to Kaldheim posted:

IMMERSTURM

Immersturm is a land of fire, demons, and constant warfare. As lightning crashes in the sky, demonic raiders sail flaming ships across burning seas, scouring the realm for routes into other realms they can pillage. The gods have placed powerful runic wards around Immersturm to keep the demons trapped and prevent them from causing havoc elsewhere, but the wards aren't perfect, and it's only a matter of time until the demons find another way out.

Immersturm never stops burning. The seas are made of fire, and the sky is lit by a perpetual lightning storm. The demons inhabit a bleak, mountainous landmass made of sharp, unforgiving black rock and pitted with burning craters. Noxious fumes, toxic to all but demons, emit from the cracks and billow into the sky. There is no vegetation in Immersturm. The only wild "animals" are beasts formed of elemental flame that spring from pits of fire.

The Bloodcrag is a volcano deep in the black mountains of Immersturm. No lava bubbles in its caldera—instead, it seethes with blood, for the Bloodcrag is the source of all demons. Every time a demon slaughters a non-demonic creature (which every demon does at every possible opportunity), the victim's blood is magically transferred to the Bloodcrag. When the seething gore of the demons' conquests reaches the lip of the caldera, a new demon emerges. However, the runic wards that trap the demons in this realm make new victims scarce, and no new demons have emerged from the Bloodcrag in many years.

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 17, 2021

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Corbeau posted:

Having flashbacks to tricolor snow control from Ravnica-Coldsnap-Time Spiral standard. Loved that deck.

Plus this time there's nothing as obnoxious as Dragonstorm in standard.

I miss Remand and Rune Snag and Mana Leak :(

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I got a rules question:
If I have an 80 card deck in Bo3, can I sideboard it down to 60 cards in between games ;firing yorion obviously. Or does the sideboard still have a maximum size during the match?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

VictualSquid posted:

I got a rules question:
If I have an 80 card deck in Bo3, can I sideboard it down to 60 cards in between games ;firing yorion obviously. Or does the sideboard still have a maximum size during the match?

Your sideboard is capped at 15.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

YggdrasilTM posted:

Valley of Wandering Glow

Snow Land C

Valley of Wandering Glow enters the battlefield tapped.

As Valley of Wandering Glow enters the battlefield, choose a color.

T: Add a mana of the chosen color.

I hate that this looks like a white card.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/yoman_5/status/1350830058617909251?s=21

Cool

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
that card is cool but I cannot evaluate it objectively cause I liked blightning a lot

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That effect attached to a land is cool and seems very strong, but i think in this standard coming into play tapped is a huge drawback compared to it just pinging you when tapped for mana like RR did. I don’t know if it’s the strongest of the cycle, but it’s my favourite for sure.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Skullcairn is my second favorite album by Immersturm

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

VictualSquid posted:

I got a rules question:

A sideboard can be anywhere between 0-15 cards, so no you can't do it because yes it still has a maximum.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Am I being whooshed or did they have the artist draw the saga as a tattoo?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Shrecknet posted:

No whoosh, that seems to be it.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Shrecknet posted:

the premise is a berserker style guy getting a tattoo commemorating the battle they participated it

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Saga art has always been stuff like tapestries, murals, or statues commemorating events. It's cool to do the same in tattoo form.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cool art, cool name, kind of a stinky card imo.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Great effect but sorcery speed feels like more of a hindrance than ETB tapped. Still cool as hell though.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mat Cauthon posted:

Great effect but sorcery speed feels like more of a hindrance than ETB tapped. Still cool as hell though.

Discard is almost never instant speed nowadays though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Mat Cauthon posted:

You might be right, but I main phased enough Ramunap Ruins in my time that I’m still convinced this might be good enough.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

fadam posted:

You might be right, but I main phased enough Ramunap Ruins in my time that I’m still convinced this might be good enough.

Minor point, Ramunap Ruins could sacrifice another land, like Sunscorched Desert.

Otherwise it is the same pay 5 sac a land go to the dome goodness with extra damage and discard.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I'm not sure how to evaluate the discard because most of the impact of Ruins was just the inevitability of having that last 2-4 damage available on a land. Which is still what you're using this for against controlly decks, and against other aggro stuff they're not likely to be still sandbagging cards on turn 6.

I guess my prediction is the damage is going to finish off a lot of games, but the discard will rarely be meaningful.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Shrecknet posted:

Should take bets on how long until someone has that exact tattoo.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Land doing 3 to the face is pretty great in any red based strategy. Etb not so much, especially in anything trying to race.

Seems like a decent base in this set for a more traditional permission deck, mono u snow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011