Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Relin posted:

having friends who live in ny i noticed this phenomenon, people in big cities seem to think its still the 1930s or something where theres only unique food there and everyone else is farmers who eat steaks and potatos

people living outside of big cities don't seem to realize that there are actually regional differences in food that matter that come from actual physical qualities of the locations they're in, like where the water comes from, the average heat and humidity, poo poo like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
This topic treads perilously close to bodega discourse.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
My food preferences are objectively correct and all the rest of you are wrong

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

um excuse me posted:

As someone who has had both New Haven Nepolitana and NYC pizza. I will gatekeep the ever living crap out of you.

Pepe's, a pizza place that gets voted best pizza in the US over and over, has multiple locations and I can promise you there are differences in each one. Some of them are actually bad. Get outta here with that every city crap.

(The original) Pepe’s isn’t as good as Modern or Sally’s and going to a Pepe’s pretty much anywhere outside of southern CT pretty much isn’t worth it if you can find a good local place people swear by. In Boston I’ll take Regina over any of the Pepes in the area (I’ll give you that Pepe’s New Haven probably beats Regina’s best).

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

wizzardstaff posted:

This topic treads perilously close to bodega discourse.

Oh, you mean those dumb little corner stores?

:can:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I hear Travis likes mustard based bbq sauce

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Warbird posted:

I hear Travis likes mustard based bbq sauce

good, that poo poo’s delicious

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

St. Louis style pizza is a wretched crime

I was all hyped up by some friends to try Imo's and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

there’s different kinds of pizza and it’s ok

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
black and white cookies are a much bigger crime than any local pizza creation

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gorefiend posted:

I was all hyped up by some friends to try Imo's and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

our pizza hut closed down and an Imo's opened up

I'm in Hell

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

every single time I've bought a black and white cookie I've thought "surely this time will be different"

it's never different

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Loving this pizza chat guys, let's keep it going for a few more pages

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYQo0VlKpc4

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Bip Roberts posted:

never heard of these and what on earth is the point of this

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
All I know about Black and White cookies is how Seinfeld was trying to use them as a metaphor for racial harmony? On the one hand, cool, racial harmony is pretty good, but on the other, the cookie doesn't seem that great so maybe he's a secret racist?

New Yorkers are weird, man. Must be all that Hudson River water they drink.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I can't believe what I'm reading here, black and white cookies own.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

New Yorkers are weird, man. Must be all that Hudson River water they drink.

It's the Champagne of Drinking Water!

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

TL posted:

It's the Champagne of Drinking Water!

so something normal people should drink at most twice a year?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Black and white cookies are totally fine but there is almost always a better option available to you

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I never understood sugar cookies until I had them fresh. Maybe getting a fresh black and white makes it better?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
TBH I've had fancy bakery black and white cookies and i didn't like them as much as the prepackaged bodega kind, where the white side is kind of hard and set and the chocolate side is softer. They were one of my go-to "gently caress I woke up too late" bodega breakfasts, with a big cup of cream-but-no-sugar coffee.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

um excuse me posted:

I never understood sugar cookies until I had them fresh. Maybe getting a fresh black and white makes it better?

black and white cookies aren't sugar cookies they're incredibly dense cakes

also the tap water in nyc isn't actually from the hudson guys lmao

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Alaois posted:

black and white cookies aren't sugar cookies they're incredibly dense cakes

also the tap water in nyc isn't actually from the hudson guys lmao

This one’s been drinking Hudson water for so long that they can’t even taste the corpse jusice anymore. Tragic.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

Gorefiend posted:

as an stl native, these were not friends

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

fascinating that the black and white cookie and the neenish tart are nearly identical in apperance, nature is amazing.

That episode of Besties with Funches was great, he was a perfect choice for a guest. Also, what's up with Plante's physical situation w/r/t his cybernetic implants?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

well why not posted:

Plante's [...] cybernetic implants

Say what

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ariong posted:

This one’s been drinking Hudson water for so long that they can’t even taste the corpse jusice anymore. Tragic.

Prayin 4 them right now

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

you can tell no one is actually listening to TAZ anymore because no one started suggesting the collapse of the mcelroy empire following the extended "This is not as good a podcast as Critical Role" bit in the latest ep. Graduation is taking on a real "cursed over-long family vacation" vibe that is strangely satisfying to listen to.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Valentin posted:

you can tell no one is actually listening to TAZ anymore because no one started suggesting the collapse of the mcelroy empire following the extended "This is not as good a podcast as Critical Role" bit in the latest ep. Graduation is taking on a real "cursed over-long family vacation" vibe that is strangely satisfying to listen to.

TAZ is a show that's currently on hiatus until Griffin starts his new 5e seafaring campaign, I don't know what you mean by "Graduation"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

um excuse me posted:

This is a good point!

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
My one new york food opinion is that they are bad at making bagels but I'll admit I've never had a freshly made one actually from new york.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I just started listening to Fantasy High from Dimension 20 and it's astonishing how much better it is than Graduation with the exact same concept.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
More angry Griffin energy this week.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Mr Phillby posted:

My one new york food opinion is that they are bad at making bagels but I'll admit I've never had a freshly made one actually from new york.
Montreal bagels are superior and I've had plenty of fresh bagels in NYC :colbert:

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

I just started listening to Fantasy High from Dimension 20 and it's astonishing how much better it is than Graduation with the exact same concept.

Chungle Down Bim is loving incredible.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Valentin posted:

I'm actively listening to TAZ and enjoying it.

Is there a derail you want me to start to make the post more authetic?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Gorefiend posted:

Chungle Down Bim is loving incredible.

i feel like all of the dimension20 shows capture that TAZ Season 1 magic of comedians who're comfortable with each other being very funny while still having the opportunity for real emotional moments as the plot progresses

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Valentin posted:

I stuck it out longer than most people in this thread I think, but three episodes ago I decided to maybe just wait until Graduation is over to binge what remains. I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

Got higher hopes for the upcoming arc, though!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I fell off graduation a long time ago but kinda want to catch up before the new season starts. Have they announced how much longer graduation will be running?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I’m in a few Max Fun Facebook groups and Travis has popped into each one today to promote their new podcast book. People are getting varying degrees of spicy about it but ultimately it’s no big deal I guess. A minor annoyance at most. Never seen cross promotion like that before though so Travis seems to have blazed the trail there

Also BTW Travis was interviewed by Brennan Lee Mulligan for the same show that Griffin was on a couple weeks ago. Heh