Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

an actual dog posted:

I think the most likely culprit is valve legal thing. Don't think there's any cases out there where you can buy something on steam and access it elsewhere.

It's not exactly the same thing, but when Rocket League got delisted from Steam and became an Epic exclusive you definitely got to carry over all your purchases there. With the Hitman 1 levels being free during the launch window but the Hitman 2 levels not being, it makes me think it's more some publisher thing with WB, because they only published the second game. After that Tim Sweeney post I'm guessing Epic just finds some way to eat the cost because this is one of their bigger exclusive buys and they don't want any extra friction for people jumping over from Steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmao. I love the "sorry, we're looking into this" type stuff that always just so happens to come out immediately after bad PR about a very specific decision they likely made months ago.

Hope they're able to get something worked out for the PC users, but honestly getting a previous Steam install to work with a current EGS install seems tricky so I don't really blame them for giving up on the idea.

Maybe just make it so that anyone who buys H3 on EGS in the first few months gets all the H2 and H1 levels for free.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Whatever the decision I'm going to buy it anyway because I love Hitman.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i don't think I own an SSD large enough to fit windows + every hitman Level. The download is gonna be like 170 gigs.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nah they used a new compression algorithm. When you download H3 it actually downloads all of H3 and H2 and H1 in one package. That way if you wanna play the old missions you don't have to download anything else, you just have to unlock them (by either buying them or connecting your previous license).

So all 3 games is like 70GB total. It's cool.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Thank you Chairman Xi

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its stupid but ioi are some of the only devs that give you a full working game at launch these days and some of the only devs that deserve their money, and they should continue to make money off of all the fantastic hitman levels.
They should unfuck this though because this really only hurts their most loyal players.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
These are the only games I buy the deluxe versions of because IOI's post-launch support is so good but I would definitely be irked by this situation if I was playing them on PC

On second thought the extra costumes in the deluxe version look kinda lame so standard version it is

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 17, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No real news but it's clear that they want to make it work and I highly suspect they'll just eat the cost and give it all away for free.

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1350899132966318084

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Theyre scared shitless of getting CDPR’d

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
they're scared of making the greatest immersive gaming experience of all time cyberpunk 2077???

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, having their incredible work overlooked by pedantic idiots with fifteen year old hardware woes, over poo poo that is irrelevant to the gameplay

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i need to drop a dinosaur skeleton on a guards head already

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

mysterious loyall X posted:

they're scared of making the greatest immersive gaming experience of all time cyberpunk 2077???

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol just remembered the haggling sequence in mumbai

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

elf help book posted:

lol just remembered the haggling sequence in mumbai

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Realized I never played the last DLC mission for Hitman 2 so I'm gonna do this while this downloads from the Epic Games Store

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Apparently the VR works pretty well once you get to grips with the controls.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Can't connect to the servers...... weak

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dubai is sick. Seems like there are fewer listed Mission Stories for each area but there are still lots of dialogue bits and unique interactions that aren't covered under the stories, you just have to find them yourself now. Now I'm also faced with the big new Hitman game dilemma of how much to replay each mission before doing the next one...

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I can't wait for my favorite part of Hitman which is wandering around a new level for an hour

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Seltzer posted:

Can't connect to the servers...... weak

Took me a minute but havent lost connection since getting in

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my fav moemory of 1 is wandering around sapienza and going in all the buildngs for like two hours, i realized there were only a couple hooks to the manor within about ten minutes but it was just so cool and well built

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

Dubai is sick. Seems like there are fewer listed Mission Stories for each area but there are still lots of dialogue bits and unique interactions that aren't covered under the stories, you just have to find them yourself now. Now I'm also faced with the big new Hitman game dilemma of how much to replay each mission before doing the next one...

I do a straight shot through every level first, only reloading a save for really grievous mistakes, then i go back to the start and spend like hours on a level at a time

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Fungah! posted:

my fav moemory of 1 is wandering around sapienza and going in all the buildngs for like two hours, i realized there were only a couple hooks to the manor within about ten minutes but it was just so cool and well built

Thats the kind of design i think theyve really started to nail in 2, having things juuust expansive enough they feel like big varied locations, but with tight enough design that they arent overwhelming unintentionally.
The bank and haven in 2 really feel like they could be blood money levels theyre so well designed

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

play the same mission for a week straight

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

About two months, to be authentic

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

play the same mission for a week straight

👍 Yeah I played Hitman 1 as the episodes came out and did this for way longer than a week, I respect that. I'm thinking I'll do each mission twice before moving onto the next one -- one time following story clues, and once just freestyling it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure the game didn't tell you how to move your progress over on boot. Had to figure that out online.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I went from playstation to PC so I thankfully had nothing to transfer, I would have been steamed if I was waiting around for hours for that poo poo to work today lol

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

goferchan posted:

I went from playstation to PC so I thankfully had nothing to transfer, I would have been steamed if I was waiting around for hours for that poo poo to work today lol

I need the Sapienza firecracker

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Im not putting my steam progress in epic. gently caress you xixipimg

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

It seems like they've placed greater emphasis on taking a more freeform approach which is a very good thing imo. The opportunities are cool but after playing 1 and 2 to death I started to feel like the balance/level design was leaning a bit too far towards finding ways to facilitate scripted events and kills, rather than trusting the player to come up with cool emergent poo poo - the scripted events/stories were just so prominent even if you turned all the UI stuff off

Never ruined the fun but I get the impression they've balanced the two approaches better here

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

when can i buy this on something other than the epic fail store?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Baxate posted:

Never, you dumb bitch!!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Baxate posted:

Its available on stadia which frankly seems like it would “suit” you

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I found a joint under a coconut

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

My file transfer is still pending. Hopefully I'll have my ski suit and frozen fish tomorrow.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Seltzer posted:

My file transfer is still pending. Hopefully I'll have my ski suit and frozen fish tomorrow.

My progress transferred over but I didn't get any my old items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

I found a joint under a coconut

Score.