Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

BrownThunder posted:

I'm glad the Browns lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

BrownThunder posted:

I'm glad the Browns lost

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
People ITT glad the Browns lost because it lessens the shame of their own teams.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
See ya'll in September

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the browns are loving garbage

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Gatts posted:

People ITT glad the Browns lost because it lessens the shame of their own teams.

Welcome to the afcn thread, gatts

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

D-LINK posted:

Welcome to the afcn thread, gatts

LOL true.

Next year, AFCN. We will get there.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I've thought about and next year I'll be cheering for the Baltimore Ravens. No matter what way you look at it they're the official good guys of the NFL.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Me to.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I've thought about and next year I'll be cheering for the Baltimore Ravens. No matter what way you look at it they're the official good guys of the NFL.

yeah, they're the good guys. Guys who are good at losing!

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

how did you guys get 3 teams in the playoffs with no good QB's

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

D-LINK posted:

Letting Henne convert a 3rd and 14 cost Baker his hero's chance, now it's a forever 'what if'

Joe Woods needs fired for this alone.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

can't wait for Lamar's offseason antics. maybe this year he will dabble into rocket fueled drag racing or, hell, try some daredevil stunts

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

quarterbacks aren't the best, it's a team effort

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Fat Jesus posted:

Who are you? Nobody likes you.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Mystic Stylez posted:

can't wait for Lamar's offseason antics. maybe this year he will dabble into rocket fueled drag racing or, hell, try some daredevil stunts

He'll probably just combine last year's stuff where he hosts a party pairing COVID positive adults with underprivileged children.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Woozie66 posted:

He'll probably just combine last year's stuff where he hosts a party pairing COVID positive adults with underprivileged children.

:eyepop:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

if the ravens don't draft rakim jarret or jesuan jones when they loving declare for the draft i am going to poo poo blood.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Folks I was thinking about the Browns defense and how we were dismantled by Chad Henne.

Makes me think we need to work on it this off season.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Let's start by finding volunteers for lung transplants for Garrett

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
The Ravens own so much

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

shoeberto posted:

Let's start by finding volunteers for lung transplants for Garrett

Yeah, I'm really hoping that covid lung stuff is something that isn't permanent and it heals up by next season. Also I hope Ward doesn't turn out to have that. It would loving suck to lose our best two defenders permanently to covid lung damage.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Folks I was thinking about the Browns defense and how we were dismantled by Chad Henne.

Makes me think we need to work on it this off season.

Yeah, pretty much the entire free agency and draft for the Browns should be spent on defense.

I guess maybe you could justify some depth pickups for OL or WR, but with how bad our defense is I dunno.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Pwease don't wish losses on my team and petulant fansbase

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Given the Browns were unable to win vs the Chiefs despite giving Patrick Mahomes a concussion makes this the funniest loss honestly. I know what you’re saying too : “well if they scored a touchdown on the drive where we fumbled the ball in the end zone (also funny) they would have won.” But keep in mind in that timeline there is no guarantee the Chiefs would have played the same way.

In fact it is very likely that the Chiefs in this supposed alternate timeline would have still won anyway, and in this timeline maybe Trump gets re-elected, is that really the world you wish to live in? No, losing to Chad Henne in 2021 is the perfect end to the Browns season. Really should have considered not drafting the epic fail Baker Mayfield.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I pretend to dislike the Browns and Ravens but tbh I love them

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Gone and forgotten: the Cincinnati...uh....Steelers?

Sorry Bearcats

The Northern Kentucky Bearcats

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers:

Spokesperson for Stare Farm the one with all the wacky commercials

Baker Mayfield:

Spokesperson for Progressive the one with the lady everyone wanted to gently caress 15 years ago

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Baker wins again.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Look Baker will forever be the superior commercial actor, you will never take that from me.:colbert:

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

also baker made the pure alpha move of getting a blowjob outside a cheesecake factory and then not treating the woman to cheesecake factory

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lamar taking physics classes to try and understand "when arm move forward ball move forward"

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

*Underthrows OBJ forth third time this game*

“He really just makes you -believe- that you will save money by bundling you know?”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man it's crazy how the Browns have the only good QB in the AFCN

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man it's crazy how the Browns have the only good QB in the AFCN

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

if the ravens don't draft rakim jarret or jesuan jones when they loving declare for the draft i am going to poo poo blood.

I'd honestly rather we look into trading or signing WRs instead of drafting them as our track record there isn't as bad. Mason, Boldin, Ismail, Steve Smith, even maybe Marcus Robinson all worked out pretty decently. It's our ability to develop our own drafted players that has been a major problem. Terrell Owens was also a pretty great trade at the time even though he didn't end up actually playing here.

I wouldn't even mind us taking a center with a high pick if one is available.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 18, 2021

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

god eric please don't draft another loving wide receiver

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i would like 5 lineman please

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

why waste a pick on a center when you could sign an UDFA center for an immediate upgrade

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i just would like to watch a game of ravens football next year and see a clean pocket for lamar at least 5 times instead of the 0 times he was getting most of the year thank u and godbless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm on board with trading for one but yeah please don't waste the draft pick on an unknown.