Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Verviticus posted:

play video game in draft pick and go nuts

I think what Im looking for is a like guidelines for what to look for. I can earn the feel for how to do that in draft, but if there are things I should be thinking about or doing to improve my skill before I hop in and either relearn some stuff from scratch or internalize a bad habit it would be nice.

Like a guide on good warding spots and what makes them good took 30 seconds to demonstrate what took a bunch of matches for me to solidify on my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Drone_Fragger posted:

I mean that's basically kleds ultimate you realise

Yes....but.....they all spin like Rammus

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Xerath Support ftw. i love to blast them with my spells Arcanopulse and Rite of the Arcane in particular.. anyway we lost
https://a.uguu.se/dOyRW1MLX4EN_11-1_NA1-3749741441_07.webm

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
imagine how much more hype this clip would be if instead of shooting giant laser death balls you got to shield your adc for 10% of his max hp (and then he gets oneshot anyway)

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

imagine how much more hype this clip would be if instead of shooting giant laser death balls you got to shield your adc for 10% of his max hp (and then he gets oneshot anyway)

Even better, you could give an AOE movement speed boost!!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I mean I once carried my team through a teamfight against an Elder empowered team as Karma by spamming ult boosted shields and keeping everyone barely over the execute threshold.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Karma is queen poo poo of infuriating supplier of neverending shields and it's hilarious (when on your side).

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You've not truly played support until the enemy is raging in all chat about how bullshit your enchanter of choice is.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

njsykora posted:

Karma is queen poo poo of infuriating supplier of neverending shields and it's hilarious (when on your side).

everything karma does is designed to make people trying to kill her tilt it's great

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SirSamVimes posted:

getting chased across the entire map by a hecarim then killing him

#justkarmathings

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

imagine how much more hype the clip would be if you were just playing mid lane instead and had more gold

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

CYBEReris posted:

everything karma does is designed to make people trying to kill her tilt it's great

Seriously the most tilted I’ve ever been in this game was playing against a Karma team in One For All. Just impossible to kill anything.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

it probably says a lot about me as a person that my favorite champs have always been karma, singed, and shaco, with an honorable mention to udyr

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Me pinging through bitter tears, retreat from Baron

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

rabidsquid posted:

imagine how much more hype the clip would be if you were just playing mid lane instead and had more gold

yes
in an ideal world the true hype support moments would be killing enemies 10x as rich as you by making GBS threads out 10 gigatons of cc, doing 0 damage, and cackling madly as they die helplessly to your team
but riot has decided that non-anemic cc isn't allowed to exist in the game so the only cool things left for characters to differentiate themselves by are damage potential and number of dashes (e: also heals and shields but both of those should be removed from the game)

the only characters who can kill in the duration of their cc are ones who still have a 0.5 second stun or some poo poo like everyone else but just happen do do 90% of your healthbar worth of damage in those 0.5 seconds

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 20, 2021

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

in an ideal world the true hype support moments would be killing enemies 10x as rich as you by making GBS threads out 10 gigatons of cc, doing 0 damage, and cackling madly as they die helplessly to your team

This is literally what Nautilus does. At least it's what I do when playing Nautilus.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

yes
but riot has decided that non-anemic cc isn't allowed to exist in the game so the only cool things left for characters to differentiate themselves by are damage potential and number of dashes (e: also heals and shields but both of those should be removed from the game)

the only characters who can kill in the duration of their cc are ones who still have a 0.5 second stun or some poo poo like everyone else but just happen do do 90% of your healthbar worth of damage in those 0.5 seconds

Play Nami

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

yes

The ideal support meta was that pre-patch where Taric was 1v9'ing the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eIp7BlmiWU

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
I had a bit of a fever dream that there needs to be a Kool-Aid man champion. Probably a jungle (maybe support). His passive would "Make It Go Further" where he gains bonus speed while being in river from watering down the Kool-Aid.

Skills would include, "Stains Never Coming Out" as an AOE splash damage shot while in the damage circle, "Pure Refreshment" where on a high cool down he can heal himself for a high amount or ally for a lesser amount, and "Sugar Rush" where he gets a speed/attack damage buff like old Nunu.

Ult, of course, would be "Oh Yeah!" where he literally crashes through a jungle wall or other obstacle (like Ornn's E or Anivia's wall) and stuns and damages all enemy champs in a cone on the other side.

I don't care if it is balanced or the kit makes sense. I really just want to pilot Kool-Aid Man around and listen to him scream, "Oh Yeah!" as he bursts through walls smashing fools.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s already in the game and his name is Gragas.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i like reworked gragas, he's a good champ that should be in the game, but frankly taking away his identity as "highest scaling burst mage in the game" is loving tragic. having a big giant drunk guy be the most powerful mage in the game gave league a thing to set it aside from apex legends or mario 35

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

gragas mains are up there with zilean mains as one of the most terrifying things to witness in the game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it sucks that plays dot tv is dead because i had a ton of hilarious zilean clips on there. the best is when i sped up a goon to send them very swiftly and immediately to their death.

i should play zilean more i am really good on him but whenever i lock in mid lane i just want to play kled or sylas

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

i like reworked gragas, he's a good champ that should be in the game, but frankly taking away his identity as "highest scaling burst mage in the game" is loving tragic. having a big giant drunk guy be the most powerful mage in the game gave league a thing to set it aside from apex legends or mario 35

He's just about as bursty again, now. Just difficult to get enough AP to oneshot entire teams anymore.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
If you can't handle me at my worst ...
https://lowkey.gg/v/33d3fcfb-11a2-4828-83f6-0a1e8c380541
... you don't deserve me at my best (vayne edition; most credit to team for dmg/peel but hey)
https://lowkey.gg/v/2b5c946a-9b0c-4c31-b29d-17057b1c7552

Back to back "plays" , I had to get rid of my flash so I didn't int with it later...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Has anyone else witnessed Move Speed AP Miss Fortune?

How the gently caress did they let that into the game?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
describe?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
hahaha move speed hahaha ap miss fortune hahahahaa that sounds awful how do you build it ahaha

strong bird
May 12, 2009

theres only 3 AP move speed items so its probably either ludens or Night Harvester and cosmic drive

strong bird
May 12, 2009

lich bane gives u actual move speed too i guess

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
I'm guessing it's a mix of using her w, poking with e and taking cosmic drive and maybe ludens to get movespeed every time you hit with a skill. I can see it being annoyingly uncatchable and her trying to poke you down in lane but does it accomplish much afterwards?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

AP MF exists entirely for ARAM off builds when you have four other AD characters on your team.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ve seen it tried once or twice in ranked and it works out about as well as you’d think.

It doesn’t.

fnox
May 19, 2013

AP MF builds used to work but they really don't anymore. there's people also building loving manamune on her, which is really bizarre, considering essence reaver just got buffed and it's 100% better on her.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

fnox posted:

AP MF builds used to work but they really don't anymore. there's people also building loving manamune on her, which is really bizarre, considering essence reaver just got buffed and it's 100% better on her.

It's one of the pro builds from what I've seen because the tear can be a starting item now (for 400g which means you get an extra health potion in lane) and lets you use the E with Comet more often to make the poke more vicious, plus finishing Manamune before your mythic is preferred so you can finish stacking it as quickly as possible. Same basic idea as Imperial Mandate Ashe who also builds Manamune.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I mean I guess? Her lane poke is already really ridiculous with double up and Galeforce is still stupid good on every ADC. MF can also use Kraken Slayer and Eclipse really well, and Collector/Essence Reaver/IE are all SO GOOD that building anything else just seems like holding her back.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

rabidsquid posted:

LCK just had a game where an AP Gragas just completely blew up the enemy ADC in the blink of an eye. He still does that.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Miftan posted:

LCK just had a game where an AP Gragas just completely blew up the enemy ADC in the blink of an eye. He still does that.

https://twitter.com/LCK_Global/status/1352230163518431234 it's glorious

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Oof, they removed Karthus Q buffering without mentioning it this patch, it actually dumpsters him and tanked his winrate by over 7% in all roles, when I first tried him this patch I thought my internet was having issues because it felt like I was playing at 1000 MS with Q's not activating constantly and basically acting like their cooldown went up by 50%, then I googled and found out they did him dirty this patch.

As a long time Karthus player, I recommend anyone avoid him until they fix that, felt awful to play.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All these builds you guys poo poo on I see regularly in ARAM. I guess since they "work" there people are trying them in SR. Mandate Ashe is fine but I still think AP MF/Twitch is a meme.