Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Amber works, not quite as well as Ganyu but she works

e: or Childe or Diona, really. bow users who aren't electro are the counter to the air phase

i used diona but shooting it did nothing and her damage is way too low because i built her as a healer.

my biggest problem with it was that it simply took FOREVER to cast that stupid attack. they must've received an absolutely massive amount of complaints about it yesterday because today's orb phase is backwards: the boss takes five seconds to fire all of its wind orbs, and is vulnerable for like 15s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Diona sent me loach pearls for her birthday?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

What exactly is up with the "take 25% more damage when switching characters" debuff? Isn't that effectively just a "take double damage" effect unless you're choosing to do the fight with just a single character? Does it apply if you just switch between two characters?

Ideally you should be dodging, so you don't have to worry about it. All of the take-more-damage multipliers are free points, and the real hurdle is the DPS check. If you are taking damage in the first place, that is less time to clear the boss.

Regardless, it is also free points in full co-op team.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I'd just like take a moment to say that I continue to hate that this child is named Ella Musk

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Vargs posted:

I'd just like take a moment to say that I continue to hate that this child is named Ella Musk

Whenever I get her quests, I go in with Klee and immediately start throwing cluster munitions at the Hillichurls.

Making sure every plan of hers ends with fiery death for the end user helps keep the experience true-to-life :tesla:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

kater posted:

It lasts like ten seconds. Doing the fight with one character is easy? Cubes barely hold elements for reactions.

Ah, it might not be a problem if this is the case; I'm not changing very frequently (almost certainly less frequently than once every 10 seconds). I pretty much only change between Zhongli and my DPS.

TheFluff posted:

I don't know but it doesn't really matter either. Like most Mihoyo fight designs, at the higher difficulties this fight is intended to be a DPS check where all that matters is how much damage you do, and if you get hit you die instantly. I don't know why people expected shields to be meaningful in this game, because this is just how Mihoyo does things.

Because I'm not a great player, I rely on Zhongli to negate unfortunate mistakes. Dying is a pain because of the very long cool-down on resurrect food.

His shield is still very helpful simply by virtue of being able to save you from minor mistakes that might otherwise one-shot a character. If anything the super high damage is what makes the shield useful, since it can turn a one-hit kill into something that you can install recover from.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

Because I'm not a great player, I rely on Zhongli to negate unfortunate mistakes. Dying is a pain because of the very long cool-down on resurrect food.

If your carry dies, it's better to quit and re-enter the challenge, it revives your characters for free.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

If your carry dies, it's better to quit and re-enter the challenge, it revives your characters for free.

Oh really? I didn't realize that.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Vargs posted:

did you miss the quest where it's said that her ancestor was a great inventor named Leon(ard) Musk who engineered the gliders and fast travel system in Teyvat

and Musk Reef is named after him, and is where the entrance to the Abyss is.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Based on this: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/8004

The next event will boost Klee, Razor, Noelle, and Bennett. I feel bad for Electro DPS players since the max point clears so far have hindered the use of electro damage, though for Storm Butterfly, you can use Fischl/Keqing as physical carries without any of the multipliers hindering your DPS.

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, it's currently the one place in the game that insta heals your party and regenerates all of their ultimate.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Ytlaya posted:

I've been shamelessly using it to charge ults and restore hp when I eat it in a domain, I really wish the statues worked like this.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Next on the agenda, Next on the agenda, We're way behind schedule

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Flair posted:

The next event will boost Klee, Razor, Noelle, and Bennett. I feel bad for Electro DPS players since the max point clears so far have hindered the use of electro damage, though for Storm Butterfly, you can use Fischl/Keqing as physical carries without any of the multipliers hindering your DPS.

My favorite part of the wind cube is that it boosts Keqing but her ult is so long that it'll usually whiff the big hit. :v:

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
gently caress these cubes. That is all

Also lol anyone at low AR trying to get rewards.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 18, 2021

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

lurksion posted:

On easiest difficulty I really don't see how anyone could have problems clearing this. Also, you can coop it.

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

lurksion posted:

Yeah, I'm just getting the primogens and calling it a day on that.

TheFluff posted:

On easiest difficulty I really don't see how anyone could have problems clearing this. Also, you can coop it.

I assume they mean all the rewards.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Does the event not scale with world level? That would be a pretty rude inversion of the previous events they've run

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

lurksion posted:

The rewards past the books are bad, and beating it once is the real main prize for the primo gems. You can easily get all the books for like barely modified at ar 20.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

King of Bleh posted:

Does the event not scale with world level? That would be a pretty rude inversion of the prevent events they've run
Nope. Fixed 20 / 40 / 60 / 80.

Tae posted:

The rewards past the books are bad, and beating it once is the real main prize for the primo gems. You can easily get all the books for like barely modified at ar 20.
Technically true I suppose. 1k points is doable on "normal" with all modifiers.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 18, 2021

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
They've been very good at making the primos almost automatic to get in the events. All you had to do was finish the glide one to get it for them.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the event is inside a domain so world level doesn't come into play even a little bit. world level is ONLY for overworld stuff.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

lurksion posted:

Nope. 20 / 40 / 60 / 80

Oh, good! I was actually just about to ask: I'm going to hit AR50 in the next couple days and was scared that going up to WR7 would totally screw me over.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Yeah AR doesn't directly impact it, but low AR = low stats which has no chance at the harder settings

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

lurksion posted:

Yeah AR doesn't directly impact it, but low AR = low stats which has no chance at the harder settings

You can technically piggy back with coop buddy who has a higher AR. Nonetheless, you would probably need a whale friend to effectively get max points if your friend can only use two of their units.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Flair posted:

You can technically piggy back with coop buddy who has a higher AR. Nonetheless, you would probably need a whale friend to effectively get max points if your friend can only use two of their units.

I say again, a single ganyu can absolutely shred these bosses without needing anyone else, even at fully maxed out challenges (except cryo/crit down)

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
question about diluc's artifacts: until I find more crimson witch pieces, would he be better off with 4pc glad or 2pc cw/2pc glad? I only have a 4* pyro goblet.

padijun fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 18, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

4pc Gladiator is a great set to have while working on his Witch stuff. mixing them isn't as good

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

https://reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/kzbuy5/pyro_ganyu_is_s_tier_lvl_90_main_dps_amber_vs/

Amber Mains are truly from another plane of existence.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

holy poo poo

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

C2 and C4 Amber are pretty good for two charges of manual bunny bomb. Shame there's no easy way to get them.

Super Anemo was pretty fun. The pocket whirlwinds to dodge the shockwave and the new tornado attack were nice wrinkles to it. Kaeya/Bennet/Fischl/Xiangling couldn't manage 200% HP, but 150 and an elemental resistance worked out for 3000 just fine.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I never thought of using Jean to throw Amber's bunny...that's pretty clever (to me).

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Wow, Pyro and Electro RES again! Childe/Mona mains are sailing through these max cube events no problem!

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Flair posted:

Wow, Pyro and Electro RES again! Childe/Mona mains are sailing through these max cube events no problem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf00pnkov_M

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Thanks for the reminder that I pulled Mona and still haven't given her proper resources. I'm having extreme first world problems of too many 5* characters I want to invest in.

I have 6 for the record: Venti, Diluc, Childe, Mona, Albedo, and Ganyu.

I'm extremely sorry. :shepface:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nuclear Launch Detected.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:eyepop:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Hit my wanderlust pity and got an Aquila Favonia. Feels like the most unlucky roll when Black Sword and Festering Desire seem just better overall.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Framboise posted:

Hit my wanderlust pity and got an Aquila Favonia. Feels like the most unlucky roll when Black Sword and Festering Desire seem just better overall.

Yeah I got one of those as well and no clue what to do with it. I guess I could stick it on Bennett for marginally higher ult boost but it's giving up a bunch of energy recharge. I hate playing small sword dps in general, only Keqing is fun and she's on another account (and her physical playstyle sucks anyway because you can't zip around).

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Why do people complain about the crimson witch domain? I seem to get decent pieces from there and can complete it without co-op

Is it because the other drop is lavawalker and it's a useless set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Hexel posted:

Why do people complain about the crimson witch domain? I seem to get decent pieces from there and can complete it without co-op

Is it because the other drop is lavawalker and it's a useless set?

In my case it's because I've only ever gotten crap from there. 30+ runs and I've only now gotten to where I could consider exchanging some gladiator pieces for witch ones.