Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

RFC2324 posted:

just looking at eve marketer and a sotiyo is only ~21bil, thats not out of reach. I don't know the ongoing maintenance costs, but if you placed it right I bet you could make a little on fees

Idk what that is but a capsuleer outpost is gonna be between 3-5b to buy outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Kaysette posted:

Idk what that is but a capsuleer outpost is gonna be between 3-5b to buy outright.

Thats me smoking too much pot and getting confused which eve I am talking about.

Sorry!

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

RFC2324 posted:

Thats me smoking too much pot and getting confused which eve I am talking about.

Also known as pulling a Mittani.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

RFC2324 posted:

Sorry!

Have you thought about being a toilet Eve consultant for an alliance?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Virigoth posted:

Have you thought about being a toilet Eve consultant for an alliance?

I'll accept offers, if you want to send them my way. If they pay me I'll even kick back a finders fee! :2bong:

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Did somebody buy Smokem0420 an account?

Beardfish
Jul 1, 2009

thank you guys for honklights and all the wonderful art, and can anyone put in a good word with paul blart I would like him to sign my king of queens season 7 dvd

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Beardfish posted:

thank you guys for honklights and all the wonderful art, and can anyone put in a good word with paul blart I would like him to sign my king of queens season 7 dvd

You mean Paul Fart Ball Clap?

Beardfish
Jul 1, 2009

OniPanda posted:

You mean Paul Fart Ball Clap?

anyone named paul would be close enough really

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Beardfish posted:

anyone named paul would be close enough really

What about my coworker Raul?

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

PleasantDirge posted:

What about my coworker Raul?

Raul Flirt Dart Bog?

Celot
Jan 14, 2007

So I am new to discord. I went to the goosefleet channel and there was a link to fill out snnapplication. It had me log in with my discord credentials but there was no application or verification. How do I get into goosefleet?

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

In the public channel on discord is a pinned link to goosetools which has the actual application.
https://www.goosetools.com/goosetools

oh wait, it sounds like you did that. hm.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Did he pay his permit fee though?

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

Celot posted:

So I am new to discord. I went to the goosefleet channel and there was a link to fill out snnapplication. It had me log in with my discord credentials but there was no application or verification. How do I get into goosefleet?

The process is not automatic. Applications are still manually authed/approved as far as I know, so it is not that uncommon for it to take a few days I guess.

Unless spy. Then you should get turbo-approved.

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Ask me about being the strongest janitor since Roger Wilco

Celot posted:

I see your application in goosetools however it doesn't look like you've joined the goosefleet discord server (https://discord.gg/nN6rpP4V) with the discord account that you registered on goosetools with. Feel free to pm me directly on discord @thejanitor#3614 if you have any problems joining the discord.

TheJanitor fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 15, 2021

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Switching between spy and main discord accounts is a pain in the rear end.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Kaysette posted:

Switching between spy and main discord accounts is a pain in the rear end.

no its easy just use google chrome sync and browser clients

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

i just put one discord account on my browser and one on the desktop app. you can get a third if you use the phone client with a separate account too.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Im realizing I've been a terrible spy. You guys are way more advanced. No wonder my handlers laugh at me.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

This is why people say there is only one goon guys. We keep doing poo poo like multiboxing discord

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Colin Mockery posted:

i just put one discord account on my browser and one on the desktop app. you can get a third if you use the phone client with a separate account too.

Multiple browsers, multiple browser profiles, multiple windows accounts.
Multiple windows accounts and launching them as different accounts is how you got around the 2 client limit in Diablo 3 on the same computer.\

Getting more copies of something to run is easy, not confusing them in the hard part. (I'm pretty bad at it!)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Like, how many VMs do you think a modern linux hypervisor can simultaneously handle?

That many x4(3 unique browsers, easily, plus the discord client)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

Like, how many VMs do you think a modern linux hypervisor can simultaneously handle?

what like on a R9 5950X? 160? The fun part will be the RAM. 5 per thread seems reasonable.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

pixaal posted:

what like on a R9 5950X? 160? The fun part will be the RAM. 5 per thread seems reasonable.

Do an absolute minimal linux install, and I bet you could do it it pretty slim. Memory deduplication of VM is a thing

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

The discord client is such irredeemable trash that I doubt even the best of computers could handle running more than a couple instances of it without catching on fire.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

as a full time spy, i can say that it's possible to run a lot of discord web clients no problem

Beardfish
Jul 1, 2009

uniball posted:

as a full time spy, i can say that it's possible to run a lot of discord web clients no problem

Little known fact How Many Mics by the Fugees was written about being a full time spy in discord

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
how do we live in a day and age where echoes doesn't have their own log in system, you have to go through facebook, twitter, or google play. one of the four of my accounts with a fuckton of plex was suspended by google for some rule violation which is impossible since i used it exclusively for echoes, and never went back on it

rip 15k plex because net ease is poo poo

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

how do we live in a day and age where echoes doesn't have their own log in system, you have to go through facebook, twitter, or google play. one of the four of my accounts with a fuckton of plex was suspended by google for some rule violation which is impossible since i used it exclusively for echoes, and never went back on it

Lol. You've earned each and every ban and suspension you've ever received.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Hello Sailor posted:

this is wrong, as every single ban and suspension i have ever received has been overturned by the people who put it on me

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Hello Sailor posted:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I got asked to honor duel

This is the current executor of SHH alliance. He's going around asking other "well known pvpers" to 1v1

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
That Lemming is now an “elite pvper” is hilarious to me

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

theyre going to announce it

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

this is wrong, as every single ban and suspension i have ever received has been overturned by the people who put it on me

they're not mutually exclusive and lmao

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

i saw your post in the echoes subreddit. can you elaborate on why you think having multiple twitter accounts is against the twitter TOS

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

uniball posted:

i saw your post in the echoes subreddit. can you elaborate on why you think having multiple twitter accounts is against the twitter TOS

It's not, Twitter fully supports it

https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/managing-multiple-twitter-accounts

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s definitely against the Facebook TOS though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

It’s definitely against the Facebook TOS though.

Because those are most definitely a bastion of human decency.