Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Classic Comrade posted:

Spent yesterday morning crying over old irish folk songs and was crampy by the afternoon. welp! :toot:

Before that I also had nerve pain for about a week that made it difficult to sit down without an ice pack. I was going to go to a doctor about it (still am tbh even though it's gone) but once my period actually started it went away. Having an IUD also made that nerve pain happen before/during menstruation [I think on the sciatic nerve? the pain would run from my butt to my legs], but it went away for a long time once I got the IUD removed. Sigh. Having a uterus is full of fun surprises.

Yeah that sounds like sciatic pain. I find a hot water bottle at the base of my spine helps with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Women are fuckin' wild

I want to get off Mrs. Wombs Wild Ride

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Get a covid vaccine on the day your period starts for fun new levels of general whole body pain and exhaustion.

Yay.

Overall side effects were minimal on the second day, but that's also when my worst cramps kicked in. lol

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Classic Comrade posted:

Spent yesterday morning crying over old irish folk songs and was crampy by the afternoon. welp! :toot:

Before that I also had nerve pain for about a week that made it difficult to sit down without an ice pack. I was going to go to a doctor about it (still am tbh even though it's gone) but once my period actually started it went away. Having an IUD also made that nerve pain happen before/during menstruation [I think on the sciatic nerve? the pain would run from my butt to my legs], but it went away for a long time once I got the IUD removed. Sigh. Having a uterus is full of fun surprises.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > menstruation megathread: a uterus is full of fun surprises

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > menstruation megathread: I want to get off Mrs. Womb's Wild Ride

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I started taking raspberry leaf at the beginning of my cycle and my usual 5 day period turned into spotting immediately after 2 days of moderate bleeding.

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

Has anyone with heavy periods tried period underwear? I'm thinking of giving them a try and know they make some meant for heavy flow and for holding up all night etc, but the idea of my terrible periods being contained just by underwear sounds suspiciously easy.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

also uncomfortably wet

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019

Enfys posted:

uncomfortably wet

The long awaited sequel to the legendary Pink Floyd song

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

coronatae posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > menstruation megathread: I want to get off Mrs. Womb's Wild Ride

:hmmyes:

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I got a mounted bidet for Christmas, and lordy is there a secondary benefit to actually feeling clean after using the bathroom while I'm losing pints of blood every month.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

coronatae posted:

Also help me I’m changing pads constantly this period and feeling like I’m swimming in blood

And this is with maxi pads at the maximum length. :cry:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Every 20 pages or so I am going to post and tell you all that no you do not want to not have periods. You don't want to be so old as to have menopause. Then you lose the protection estrogen provides against heart disease, aging of the skin, and maybe you'll get like new loving things wrong with your brain just for fun like anxiety after menopause
Thank you God :rolleyes:

Exception for those of you that have super painful periods

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

When that day comes I'll just start in on them horse piss pills

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
*kicking down the metal and glass door of the pharmacy*

I NEED HORSE PISS DAMNIT

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I agree but I’d also be worried about taking valuable horse piss from our trans friends. :(

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hopeandjoy posted:

I agree but I’d also be worried about taking valuable horse piss from our trans friends. :(

Surely there's enough horse piss to go around...?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Enfys posted:

also uncomfortably wet

Uncomfortably wet rear end pussy, literally! :haw:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

There's actually been a shortage of most kinds of HRT here in the UK for a couple of years now. Super fun for us in pharmacies, more fun for the women who can't get their meds because HRT of any kind is still basically a punchline in the popular consciousness.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HopperUK posted:

There's actually been a shortage of most kinds of HRT here in the UK for a couple of years now. Super fun for us in pharmacies, more fun for the women who can't get their meds because HRT of any kind is still basically a punchline in the popular consciousness.

I seriously had no idea. Out of curiosity where is the shortage coming from? I'm not much in the loop with hormone chat.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I was also unaware of a shortage!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

coronatae posted:

When that day comes I'll just start in on them horse piss pills

Horse torture pills seem bad.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Spinz posted:

Every 20 pages or so I am going to post and tell you all that no you do not want to not have periods. You don't want to be so old as to have menopause. Then you lose the protection estrogen provides against heart disease, aging of the skin, and maybe you'll get like new loving things wrong with your brain just for fun like anxiety after menopause
Thank you God :rolleyes:

Exception for those of you that have super painful periods

I had to start taking Paxil. Worth it, imo.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

YeahTubaMike posted:

Uncomfortably wet rear end pussy, literally! :haw:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > menstruation megathread: Uncomfortably WAP!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I genuinely have no idea where the shortage is coming from! Since it's lots of brands affected I'd hazard a guess it's a manufacturing issue but that's strictly a guess. They tell us nothing.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Woke up this morning to my period and to painful goo brains. Was going to try to get some actual email work done cause I've done very little in the past few weeks cause I've been distracted by the American circus, but I don't have the brain power to try to convince literary agents to look at my manuscript.

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

I tried getting back on birth control to manage my periods, but that somehow made them worse. Cramps became worse to the point I was either in bed in the fetal position or on the toilet. They would get so bad that I started throwing up again. I haven't had periods that awful since my teens. This thankfully only lasted the first day or two of my cycle.

The bc was a brand I have used before and had a good experiences with so I don't know what the gently caress was going on.

So now I'm off bc again. While the first few days of my periods are still painful, I can function... mostly. At least I'm not throwing up!

:cry:

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Me, to my uterus: hey can you hold off for three days so I can get my yearly exam done without you bleeding everywhere?

My uterus, to me: start now so you’ll be on day three for your yearly exam so you can bleed everywhere. You got it!

Ugh. At least I was able to reschedule.

Does anyone else’s pets behave differently when you’re on your period? I don’t know if it’s just my hormone brain talking, but I swear my dog gets more needy/protective. It’d be cute if I also wasn’t a big mess!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Oh god having to fart while you're on your period is the worst, especially if you're wearing a pad. :gonk:

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I had a friend with whom I would often commiserate about "the Bloop", which was what we called it when gas travelled forward to escape through the top of the vulva for no apparent reason other than to maximize splash damage.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Everett False posted:

I had a friend with whom I would often commiserate about "the Bloop", which was what we called it when gas travelled forward to escape through the top of the vulva for no apparent reason other than to maximize splash damage.

Ahh, yes, I too know the Pantyhose Ghost.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I thought I was in the playstation thread when I saw those two posts and got very confused for a minute.

I get that 'bloop' thing basically all the time though. Whenever my period/spotting catches me off guard, the blood is always towards the front of my vulva and never near where my vagina actually is. I figured it'd probably because I'm overweight and my thighs keep everything tight in the middle, but either way I ain't complaining. It means when I spring a leak no one can tell because of how everything is angled.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Literally A Person posted:

Horse girls are hoarding it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Who What Now posted:

Horse girls are hoarding it

Driving the price up. :hmmyes:

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

Does anyone else’s pets behave differently when you’re on your period? I don’t know if it’s just my hormone brain talking, but I swear my dog gets more needy/protective. It’d be cute if I also wasn’t a big mess!
One of my cats gets really worried and investigates me often.

The others don't seem to care, lol

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

My cats both get super snuggly. Nothing like a purring heating pad for cramps. Well one sits on me, the other just sits nearby DESPERATE for pets but not wanting to deal with the PEOPLE portion of that exchange.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013

cool kids inc. posted:

My cats both get super snuggly. Nothing like a purring heating pad for cramps. Well one sits on me, the other just sits nearby DESPERATE for pets but not wanting to deal with the PEOPLE portion of that exchange.

See that’s rather cute! My dog goes into “protecc” mode to bark at every drat thing. He’s a schnauzer so he doesn’t need much more reason to do that.
Day 5 of this month’s shark week, ugh just be done already.

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's the hormones, animals are attracted to it. Women on their period, hormonal birth control, or hormone therapy emit pheromones that attract animals. My friends' notoriously evil cat was indifferent to me until I was on hbc; then she liked me and sometimes curled up in my lap without prompting. Then I went off birth control and now she hates me more than ever. She trusts me, she tolerates me, but she hates me. (The other cat never cared and just steals poo poo from my purse.)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Is there evidence for that pheromone thing? That's fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol, probably not and I'm talking out of my rear end vadge