Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
These last few pages have been incredible.

Do not automatically assume someone is a nazi because of their name. I mean surely you would at least verify that before posting here. Rinkles made an excellent point:

Rinkles posted:

That might actually be a reason to be more careful about accusations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

75 new posts, must be the CHUDs

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
does the skyrim modding community have more or less nazi related content

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

OMFG FURRY posted:

y’all do NOT download XXXL Dragon Dongs... a very mentally healthy person on a discord discovered that it is made by someone named Steve Drannon??? Too close to nazi Steve bannon methinks. It’s a yikes and a heckin’ oof

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know if you've noticed dipshit, but there are external factors that are making people particularly sensitive to signs of fascist sympathizers these days. People certainly did jump to conclusions in this particular case but it was also immediately defused, so maybe strolling in here acting like a dick is not the best move.

So that's it then. On to the next nazi panic.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't know how this happened but Deputy Beagle is now Deputy Bishie.

lmfao

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

OMFG FURRY posted:

I mean, two of the most widespread things on the internet are fetishes and fascism, and Skyrim had plenty of the first thing. But forgive me if I'm not in any great hurry to go looking for the second.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I forgive you

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
has anybody said the stormfrontier yet

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

So that's it then. On to the next nazi panic.

Some things never change.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When you do a Legion quick start in Frontier, turns out it fires a cript which auto-completes a bunch of Legion quests to gain Legion fame. That mucks up my plans :(

Success. By using the console to fiddle with reputation and free levels, I can get the Legion start without the auto quests. Yay

There's a reason the bad Dick Spence uses his middle intial

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

you can contribute without calling people nazis based on nothing and then acting like you're the victim when people make fun of you

Soks
Apr 1, 2006
lol internet
Wendigo tip: They take 8-10 .308 headshots, but just two to the leg. They drop a ridic amount of loot, so it's worth culling them.

I may have bricked the NCR campaign by retrieving a quest item near their base a bit too early (power core near the farm), sooo, might be stuck getting to learn if Crusaders are as lovely as those screenshots up thread suggested. :gonk: I already murdered some of their titty ninjas so I might not even be able to join them.

Anyone found a rocket/missile launcher? Finding lots of drops for their ammo but yet to find a weapon. Plinking enemy vehicles to death with bullets is getting old, 40mm doesn't seem to help much.

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

frontier is constantly crashing on me :(
i started a new game with no mods other than the ones they recommended, do you guys know if anything here looks like it obviously will cause issues?

Soks posted:

Anyone found a rocket/missile launcher? Finding lots of drops for their ammo but yet to find a weapon. Plinking enemy vehicles to death with bullets is getting old, 40mm doesn't seem to help much.
i found a few from the random scavs and the scavs in the first mission

Soks
Apr 1, 2006
lol internet
Is that Vortex? Never used it. Is the hotfix lower in the load order than The Frontier? Are you crashing in any specific areas, like late Chapter 1 CoD campaign silliness? The hotfix should be resolving the crashes there.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I think what it needs is more nazis! Lots of fugly rear end nazis just waking up in a bunker somewhere that you can eventually go to and cleanse with a flamethrower.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 76 days!
vibing with the fact that no one learned anything and is doomed to repeat the past over again

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

vibing with the fact that no one learned anything and is doomed to repeat the past over again

It still owns how the NCR is pretty much if the Democratic Party clawed its way out of the radioactive rubble, learned nothing from the experience and is now doing atomic genocide.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

croup coughfield posted:

This is pretty much the central thesis of Fallout, after all.

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

threads,,,, threads never change

Soks posted:

Is that Vortex? Never used it. Is the hotfix lower in the load order than The Frontier? Are you crashing in any specific areas, like late Chapter 1 CoD campaign silliness? The hotfix should be resolving the crashes there.
yah its vortex and the hotfix is below,
ever since i got the mission to retrieve the bodies in ch 2 (i think lol) ive been crashing CONSTANTly. i put both bodies in a body bag and picking them up has crashed me at least twice per body, and once i finally delivered them just wondering the base has crashed me

RATS! fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 19, 2021

warsow
Jun 28, 2009
What are some recommendations to add to the revamped Viva New Vegas?

I’ve gone through the appendix and added the mods that sounded interesting.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Found out about this mod from a Twitter thread making fun of the drama, so I owe some of you big time!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Wow! this new free content is astonishing

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Cavauro posted:

Wow! this new free content is astonishing

I've been told it contains anywhere from 14 up to 88 hours of entertainment!

For real though I have been genuinely enjoying the mod thus far

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Haven't tried the mod yet but will soon

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Using mental illness as a cudgel when someone goes way out of line is pathetic, but you do you. I don't know if you're confused here but just to clarify, I'm not being called out here for making false nazi accusations, I took offense and voiced my opinion (which I also did in the other thread instead of here by mistake)

lol you shitted up the other thread too?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Can you folks recommend me any mods that add quests/content to the game?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Max Coveri posted:

Nope

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Max Coveri posted:

I've heard Autumn Leaves is very good, haven't tried it yet myself though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Max Coveri posted:

outside of someguy2000 mods, try spicing up your game with the New Vegas Uncut series. it's a combination of restored cut content and new little touches

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
For those doing A Tale Of Two Wastelands somebody has worked on some mini mods tweaking some of the more annyoing DLC NPC bullet sponges down a notch to copable:

Broken Steel NPC and Point Lookout NPC here.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So hey thread, has anybody heard...

<reads last page of posts>

...:cripes:Swear to god, I'm going to put a bullet in my head in my head one of these days to escape this loving nightmare future

So, uh, has there been any word about when The Frontier is going to get released on Steam? Is it still going to happen this month,

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

All I've seen is the short message posted on the Steam page. Sounds like it won't be long but :shrug:

steam posted:

Steam build will be delayed for a very short period of time whilst we work on some build issues. Nexus build goes live at 12:00PM PST Jan 15th as normal. Thank you for the understanding

I wonder what the issues are

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I think what it needs is more nazis! Lots of fugly rear end nazis just waking up in a bunker somewhere that you can eventually go to and cleanse with a flamethrower.

So...the Brotherhood of steel.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Using mental illness as a cudgel when someone goes way out of line is pathetic, but you do you. I don't know if you're confused here but just to clarify, I'm not being called out here for making false nazi accusations, I took offense and voiced my opinion (which I also did in the other thread instead of here by mistake)

I won't call you psycho but I will call you pathetic and generally extremely embarrassing here.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
where mole rat boob

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Max Coveri posted:

New Vegas Bounties I and II are about as good as you're gonna get. There's traces of Reddit-y cringe here and there, and some of the bounties are somewhat lame homages to movies and such, but they fit seamlessly into the main game... more or less. The Inheritance is another early mod from that guy that I hear is alright, but all his others, including NV Bounties III, are to be avoided. Guy lost the plot hard.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe9zIeR2-zg

The Storyteller is a good companion mod.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Are there any notable side quests or loot you can acquire during your first stint at the NCR Frontier base?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I enjoyed rebuilding The Novac Public Library a few years ago.