Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

In all honesty, "pursuit of cobra", fits this line so much better than the old movie toy line ever did. JFC.

Luckily, I have all the rest pre-ordered on Pulse. They may be slow but I don't have to worry about my preorder being canceled.

Now let's hope that cobra island wave 3 fixes the issues of the last two... It won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I've been kinda "grab it all" to this point with Joe, but I think after the announced stuff releases I'll get more specific. Most of the names I care about are taken care of, so it depends on who they come out with next.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh poo poo. I should check some targets then. I just need that viper. I can live without him but my cobra side is a little bare bones.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Davros1 posted:

I have the clear ones for my NECA Jason Voorhees figures.

They don't fit him.

That's odd. I have several NECA figures and a few Diamond Direct ones they fit just fine. Maybe it's just that one.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CPL593H posted:

That's odd. I have several NECA figures and a few Diamond Direct ones they fit just fine. Maybe it's just that one.

I don't expect stands to be tight, but I do expect the fit to be "snug", whereas when I lift the figure, the stand comes with it. The three Jason figures I have on display now, they're all a loose fit. There's still a chance they'll fall over.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Which Jason’s?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Currently, Part 3, Part 5 Dream Jason, and Part 6.

No more room for the others :(

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

I don't expect stands to be tight, but I do expect the fit to be "snug", whereas when I lift the figure, the stand comes with it. The three Jason figures I have on display now, they're all a loose fit. There's still a chance they'll fall over.

Sticky tack?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hmm. Maybe you have older ones? I just tried two of those with my stand and it works fine.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Hmm. Maybe you have older ones? I just tried two of those with my stand and it works fine.

They were all bought in 2018, in the before times :shrug:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Grant DaNasty posted:

I got in my Mythic Legions All Stars 3 wave today.

I’m think I may stop collecting Masters of the Universe Origins. I’m running out of shelf space.

God drat that Ogre looks amazing. I'm sad I didn't really get into Mythic Legions before now. I however selectively only have on pre-order from BBTS the Skeleton ( Standard ), Advent of Decay Goblin, and Shadow Eqquadoran (Sp?) figure. Barb with a horse head skull? Yes please.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Last week was great for my collection:

The NECA Turtles are great pieces for the price. Really limited articulation, but still better than most NECA figures. AY Cable it's just amazing, definitely the best in the line in my opinion. Miles looks great and has great articulation, but it's so tiny that I feel that I have to be extra careful whenever I got him on dynamic poses.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Drowning Rabbit posted:

God drat that Ogre looks amazing. I'm sad I didn't really get into Mythic Legions before now. I however selectively only have on pre-order from BBTS the Skeleton ( Standard ), Advent of Decay Goblin, and Shadow Eqquadoran (Sp?) figure. Barb with a horse head skull? Yes please.

I love the trolls. I still need Brontus and the forest troll.

The Four Horsemen have a crowdfunding event coming up for their mobile game Mythic Legions Tactics, https://mythiclegionsgames.com/, and as part of the crowdfunding they're announcing new figures. Today and yesterday they've announced the Male and Female Deluxe Orc Builder Sets.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

CelticPredator posted:

Oh poo poo. I should check some targets then. I just need that viper. I can live without him but my cobra side is a little bare bones.

If you spot a an extra or a Firefly, I'll pay for you to ship them!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I will!

No luck with either though honestly though. But who knows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So there are some rumbles that Super7 has a Thundertank in the works to go with the Ultimate line as well as a Silverhawks line of figures.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

All but confirmed in this interview: http://thundercats.org/2021/01/brian-flynn-talks-super7-thundercats-in-2021-and-beyond/

And because I'm a goober I started a speculative thread on the fwoosh back in November: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=93627

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

All but confirmed in this interview: http://thundercats.org/2021/01/brian-flynn-talks-super7-thundercats-in-2021-and-beyond/

And because I'm a goober I started a speculative thread on the fwoosh back in November: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=93627

Oh sweet, I am down for some fuckin Tigersharks

Edit: Let's play a game. It's called "Is Rhyno stupid enough to pay aftermarket prices for MOTU Classics Fisto?"

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 18, 2021

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Edit: Let's play a game. It's called "Is Rhyno stupid enough to pay aftermarket prices for MOTU Classics Fisto?"

*narrator's voice* He is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dale-Taco posted:

*narrator's voice* He is.

MOC is $400 which is major YIKES. I'm hoping to find a loose one in the $300 range.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I was all in on that line until I couldn't get the very first one due to some store problems. I snagged a few at Big Lots during the brief period they popped up.

But it's fine. I would have sold out before the prices went nuts and lost money!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

So there are some rumbles that Super7 has a Thundertank in the works to go with the Ultimate line as well as a Silverhawks line of figures.

poo poo... Silverhawks might get me.

The cartoon for both it and Thundercats actually hold up pretty well today and for the mid 80s were pretty innovative in terms of long term story telling in animation in the US.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo, Silverhawks. Now just give me new Visionaries figures, Dinoriders, and bring back that toyline with the little dudes with magnets in their feet and I have nothing left to ask for.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Djarum posted:

poo poo... Silverhawks might get me.

The cartoon for both it and Thundercats actually hold up pretty well today and for the mid 80s were pretty innovative in terms of long term story telling in animation in the US.

I don't remember much about silver hawks (had the toys though, awesome) but I remember catching random episodes of thunder cats in the early toonami days. I remember thinking how crazy it was for an 80s cartoon to have any use of continuity, like how they slowly established a base in the earlier episodes.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Thundercats was a good show. I’ve been rewatching it lately and it does hold up pretty well. Funny thing though, Mumm-Ra episodes tend to be the worst, because he has that early comic book quality where his powers and weaknesses are whatever they need to be for the plot that day. Like every time an episode starts with him hatching a plan, you know you are about to see some wild bullshit. He also had a weird tic of repeating the same phrases to the point of absurdity. Great voice actor, though. The Lunataks from the second half of the series are my favorite villains, and they never got toys before, so I’m hoping Super 7 can get there.

They’ve hinted at a Thundertank before, and all I have to say to that is, gently caress yeah.

It’s been a long time since I actually watched Silverhawks, and most of my fond memories are about the toys. I had most of the run and they’re still mostly in decent shape, so those are some of the more valuable toys in my collection today. I’d be down for some Super 7 toys, but the main selling point was always the metallic finish and I’m worried they’d wimp out and just use paint.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really hope the Tcats line does super well so they can crowdfund a Cats Lair for you guys.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Lencho posted:

Last week was great for my collection:

The NECA Turtles are great pieces for the price. Really limited articulation, but still better than most NECA figures. AY Cable it's just amazing, definitely the best in the line in my opinion. Miles looks great and has great articulation, but it's so tiny that I feel that I have to be extra careful whenever I got him on dynamic poses.

What stands are those?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CPL593H posted:

What stands are those?

Those are MAFEX's proprietary stands.

You can search for Obitsu stands as an alternative which are excellent and offer a ton of posability/variety in heights.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm in the market for a new shelf for my figures, anybody have any suggestions? Things are simply getting too cramped and dusty, and I don't like the slowly shrinking tiered shelf I have now. Price is of no consequence though I'd like to not spend $1,000+ on a loving shelf. Pic of how things look now:

There's about 30" of space between the two detolfs though I can likely stretch it to 36" or move my guitars if needed. Any suggestions? May hit up Costco later near closing to see what they have. Debated driving up to the Portland IKEA but I'm of the "don't loving travel unless you have to" mentality right now due to hospital capacity.

Something like this is what I have in mind but I appreciate all suggestions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some kind of bookshelf is probably better. You can add additional shelves to those, make more use of the space.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Louisgod posted:

I'm in the market for a new shelf for my figures, anybody have any suggestions? Things are simply getting too cramped and dusty, and I don't like the slowly shrinking tiered shelf I have now. Price is of no consequence though I'd like to not spend $1,000+ on a loving shelf. Pic of how things look now:

There's about 30" of space between the two detolfs though I can likely stretch it to 36" or move my guitars if needed. Any suggestions? May hit up Costco later near closing to see what they have. Debated driving up to the Portland IKEA but I'm of the "don't loving travel unless you have to" mentality right now due to hospital capacity.

Something like this is what I have in mind but I appreciate all suggestions.

I think IKEA's Milsbo cabinet looks really nice and smart.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

Some kind of bookshelf is probably better. You can add additional shelves to those, make more use of the space.

I was thinking that too, and it breaks up the otherwise boring look of glass shelves. Just need to find a good one with space that isn't too cramped.

The_Doctor posted:

I think IKEA's Milsbo cabinet looks really nice and smart.

Looks pretty nice though a bit small in width.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Get some Billy bookshelves with all the shelves.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Thundercats was a good show. I’ve been rewatching it lately and it does hold up pretty well. Funny thing though, Mumm-Ra episodes tend to be the worst, because he has that early comic book quality where his powers and weaknesses are whatever they need to be for the plot that day. Like every time an episode starts with him hatching a plan, you know you are about to see some wild bullshit. He also had a weird tic of repeating the same phrases to the point of absurdity. Great voice actor, though. The Lunataks from the second half of the series are my favorite villains, and they never got toys before, so I’m hoping Super 7 can get there.

They’ve hinted at a Thundertank before, and all I have to say to that is, gently caress yeah.

It’s been a long time since I actually watched Silverhawks, and most of my fond memories are about the toys. I had most of the run and they’re still mostly in decent shape, so those are some of the more valuable toys in my collection today. I’d be down for some Super 7 toys, but the main selling point was always the metallic finish and I’m worried they’d wimp out and just use paint.

Thundercats is on Hulu! I watched the first episode and the "Trials of Lion-O" episodes. Meeeeeeeeeeemoriessssssss.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

10 Beers posted:

Thundercats is on Hulu! I watched the first episode and the "Trials of Lion-O" episodes. Meeeeeeeeeeemoriessssssss.

Funny thing about that show is, the first season was broadcast extremely out of order, then when they released it on DVD they put the episodes in broadcast order instead of production order. Apparently when it aired on Cartoon Network they took the time to figure out the actual correct story order, which I found on Wikipedia or something. I made the effort to watch season 1 in order, and it’s nice seeing the multi-episode story arcs and recurring characters making sense. Fortunately season 2 did not have these problems. I’m curious whether Hulu made any effort to fix it; I have the DVDs myself.

On the subject of the toys, according to the interview linked earlier, they are switching to a pinless articulation style starting with wave 2. I’m simultaneously glad of this and a little grumpy the characters in wave 1 won’t match the entire rest of the line.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Get some Billy bookshelves with all the shelves.

There's also the Kallax if you want open cubes.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/kallax-shelf-unit-walnut-effect-light-gray-50360146/

They're available in 1-5 columns.

You also have some options for placement, like taking 3 singles and putting one horizontal on the floor between 2 standing ones (in a U shape) to leave a big shelf for larger stuff if you have any.

(Like this but with one more on the side, and without the random wall shelf they bundle in for some reason.)

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Ikea Billys have the best cost to quality ratio IMO.

Here's some old pics of my displays

All the shelves are Billys and you have the choice of no doors, or 3 door types (all shown in my pics), and you can get them in multiple colors.

I actually really like the Milsbo, but the feet slightly slightly flare out at the bottom so if you want to set anything next to it you'll have a gap.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Both Gambit and Jubilee that I bought from this thread showed up and are out finally

http://imgur.com/a/SZbJKeH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Okay yup I think this is the one! I can’t find it on the IKEA site though, do they still sell it?