Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Song that goes "travelling down the road, hauling quite a load". I think i remember it being used in some TV or movie. I can find the lyrics online but not the show or movie

Looks like it might have been from a play that elementary schools can license based on this link: https://www.lakewoodcityschools.org/userfiles/1752/Classes/1891/Script.pdf

The play is called I Need a Vacation:
https://www.jwpepper.com/1872589.item#/submit

Edit: seems more likely it's from the Bob's Burgers episode

DoomLazer fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Song that goes "travelling down the road, hauling quite a load". I think i remember it being used in some TV or movie. I can find the lyrics online but not the show or movie

The only place I can find the lyrics is in the script for a half-hour primary school musical, and they match perfectly (https://www.halleonard.com/product/44223092/i-need-a-vacation-musical, https://www.lakewoodcityschools.org/userfiles/1752/classes/1891/script.pdf). Perhaps it was a filmed/televised performance? There are plenty of versions from parents on youtube if you want to see if the melody matches.

edit: aha, nm apparently

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Ocean Book posted:

Does anyone know about an article that explained how advertising worked - it said that like a beer commercial relies on creating a common social perception of what certain beers say about the person drinking them, so then people buy based on that knowledge. Maybe it mentioned super bowl advertising?

It contrasted this conception with the idea that advertising makes us associate brands with desirable feelings.

https://meltingasphalt.com/ads-dont-work-that-way/

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sounds like Flirting With Disaster by Molly Hatchet.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

I came in with high hopes with the premise, but that was a pretty disappointing read.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Thanks!

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
An old animated video of I think a baby on a skateboard and some weird animal or something racing on a downhill road.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Lot 49 posted:

An old animated video of I think a baby on a skateboard and some weird animal or something racing on a downhill road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5HSZZRBSIQ

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

wow thank you so much!! :D

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Lot 49 posted:

Ultimate Muscle Roller Legend?

https://youtu.be/nk2wViKSh_M

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tip posted:

Bob's Burgers season 2 episode 5, "Food Truckin'":

Meet me on the road
Hauling quite a load
Taking lots of drugs
I don't know what.

A pen in a jug
Getting rest stop tugs
Might've hit a man,
But didn't stop.

Hahah drat you're good. That's definitely it. I was thinking a simpsons travel episode or maybe the american dad where hailey drives a truck but nope

MeGutlessGypsy
Feb 26, 2011
This is an episode in a Twilight Zone-ish series (or possibly a standalone movie). The plot is that a woman is abducted by people who know she has a certain blood type (or something of the sort) so she can be an unwilling blood donor to some rich guy. Her abductors fake her death and keep her imprisoned, but she ultimately manages to kill the rich guy by giving him an injection while the transfusion is going on. At the end she gets rescued, and her rescuers ask her something like "Are you Mrs. x?" to which she responds "I'm the late Mrs. x". I remember watching this in the late 80s/early 90s.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
A parody of the Frozen song Let It Go set to a video of a university football team making a hail mary pass. I think it originated on SA.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

I don't know how you got it from my poorly remembered description but thanks!

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

I was judging a debate competition at a local school when I found this pushpin:

I have never been able to find anything even remotely like it, and I regret not just stealing it every day. If anyone knows the magic words needed to find some of these online, I would be incredibly appreciative.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

curlingiron posted:

I was judging a debate competition at a local school when I found this pushpin:

I have never been able to find anything even remotely like it, and I regret not just stealing it every day. If anyone knows the magic words needed to find some of these online, I would be incredibly appreciative.
If anyone knows the proper name of that material then <material> and thumbtacks or pushpins might do it

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Splicer posted:

If anyone knows the proper name of that material then <material> and thumbtacks or pushpins might do it

I'm pretty sure it's PVC soft rubber, but I'm still not finding anything. :smith:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Do you want goofy faced food thumbtacks or soft plastic thumbtacks?

edit: could it be a lapel pin without a back being used as a thumbtack?

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Do you want goofy faced food thumbtacks or soft plastic thumbtacks?

edit: could it be a lapel pin without a back being used as a thumbtack?

Goofy face food thumbtacks/lapel pins, specifically this one and any others like it.

I think it's mostly hard due to the difficulty of finding the right description. "Scary face drumstick pin"? "Zombie food thumbtacks"? :iiam:

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
It looks like it might be made of craft foam? If so, it might just be a craft foam sticker over the top of a standard thumbtack.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

When Schwarzenegger was getting back into acting I remember seeing a clip somewhere of a papparazzo running up to him and asking if he was going to be in anothef film "Like Total Recall with a woman with three breasts," to which he responded "maybe four" before getting into his car.
Did I just imagine that? I can't find any reference to it anywhere.

Juando290
Apr 22, 2007

You stopped toe curlin in the hot tub cause you heard sperms stay alive in there and you have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles enough times to know how that story ends.
I have off and on been trying to find a heavy metal/techno song that I think is from the late 90's that I feel like had the words Helter Skelter in it (non Beatles)...but it is definitely not in the title from my search research . If anyone here remembers "The Box" tv music video channel where you could order up a song to be played on TV, that was where I used to see it. I remember really liking the creepy images in the music video. I am usually adept at finding pretty much anything online, but this one has stayed hidden from me for literally decades now.

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
I'm assuming you already checked the other songs listed here, but just in case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helter_Skelter

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Juando290 posted:

I have off and on been trying to find a heavy metal/techno song that I think is from the late 90's that I feel like had the words Helter Skelter in it (non Beatles)...but it is definitely not in the title from my search research . If anyone here remembers "The Box" tv music video channel where you could order up a song to be played on TV, that was where I used to see it. I remember really liking the creepy images in the music video. I am usually adept at finding pretty much anything online, but this one has stayed hidden from me for literally decades now.

Worlock by skinny puppy?

https://vimeo.com/21100375

Juando290
Apr 22, 2007

You stopped toe curlin in the hot tub cause you heard sperms stay alive in there and you have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles enough times to know how that story ends.

ZoeDomingo posted:

I'm assuming you already checked the other songs listed here, but just in case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helter_Skelter

You would assume wrong. You would also assume that at some point I would have used good ol' reliable Wikipedia...but my every year or every other year random search for the song always just comes up with Helter Skelter rave track lists or covers of the Beatles. You fixed that, and I thank you. It was in that list!

Meat Beat Manifesto - Helter Skelter`97

Now I remember why I signed up for these forums almost 14 years ago...

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
Yay! I'm glad I could help.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
It's been some months now so I am going to once more scream this into the ether and hope some benevolent deity out there hears my puny mortal pleas.

Literally A Person posted:

The rest of the internet thinks it's impossible but can anyone find more than one episode of Old Friends... New Friends? It's an interview show Fred Rogers did in the 80's(?). I can find a single episode out of 24. I know it's the longest of long shots but uh, can any of you find them?

I'm at the point I'd send someone a $20 if they could track down an episode that isn't one of the two readily available on the internet. Help me GBS white whales thread, you're my only hope.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

curlingiron posted:

Goofy face food thumbtacks/lapel pins, specifically this one and any others like it.

I think it's mostly hard due to the difficulty of finding the right description. "Scary face drumstick pin"? "Zombie food thumbtacks"? :iiam:

I'm increasingly convinced that this is a lapel pin (possibly from Hot Topic, although I have no real evidence then the fact that they sell pins with that plastic black outline and it looks like something they would sell). If you do reddit, there's r/enamelpins that seems pretty active.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I'm increasingly convinced that this is a lapel pin (possibly from Hot Topic, although I have no real evidence then the fact that they sell pins with that plastic black outline and it looks like something they would sell). If you do reddit, there's r/enamelpins that seems pretty active.

This is a really good suggestion! I’ll check it out, thanks!

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I made this (kinda cringey) EDM song back in the day. It's very late 90's, as you can tell by the X-Files Smoking Man sample.

https://khate.bandcamp.com/track/im-gonna-gently caress-you

The other sample, the dude saying "I'm gonna gently caress you back to the stone age" --- I have no idea where that's from. I got it off some Geocities or Angelfire or whatever site back in 2000 or so. I was a young industrial/goth chick and thought "oh! that's so edgy!" and used it without knowing its origin.

There's a movie by a similar title, but IMDB says neither the title nor the actual quote fits. Anyway, I was just listening to it while cleaning my hard drive and thought, "poo poo, it's been 20+ years and I still don't know where that's from --- wait, I bet a goon will ID it in 5 minutes or less!".

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

There's a movie by a similar title, but IMDB says neither the title nor the actual quote fits. Anyway, I was just listening to it while cleaning my hard drive and thought, "poo poo, it's been 20+ years and I still don't know where that's from --- wait, I bet a goon will ID it in 5 minutes or less!".

I just googled "I'm gonna gently caress you back to the stone age" and the top result was The Element of Crime.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Tip posted:

I just googled "I'm gonna gently caress you back to the stone age" and the top result was The Element of Crime.

Well wtf. When I googled it, it gave me the line from that film, but worded wrong. I'll see if I can't find a clip that verifies it. Thanks!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Well wtf. When I googled it, it gave me the line from that film, but worded wrong. I'll see if I can't find a clip that verifies it. Thanks!

Personalized Google results, based on your search profile Google knew that you'd want a broken and frustrating answer.

I had the exact same thing happen to me in this thread previously.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Having no idea where your samples ultimately came from is a true hallmark of any digital composer from the earlier eras of the Internet for sure

"O.K., everybody, lay down on the floor and keep calm!" Yeah!!! Wooo!!!

TH-TH-TH-THIS IS A JOURNEY INTO SOouuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnd

I sometimes did my own """sampling""" with literally a microphone hooked up to my computer and held up to the television just so I could actually break out of that, haha

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Dr. Quarex posted:

Having no idea where your samples ultimately came from is a true hallmark of any digital composer from the earlier eras of the Internet for sure

"O.K., everybody, lay down on the floor and keep calm!" Yeah!!! Wooo!!!

I sometimes did my own """sampling""" with literally a microphone hooked up to my computer and held up to the television just so I could actually break out of that, haha

I used to make MOD tracker songs the same way, except I'd use the RCA audio out cable on my VCR.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
Downloading .wav files are a gateway to recording your own samples. #NotEvenOnce

Here is the Element of Crime clip: https://imgur.com/HyJJTRq

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Recording your own samples is a fools game. Soon you'll catch yourself walking around town with a battery powered SP-202 looking for "cool snare sounds."

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
A Youtube video that I found several years ago while on a binge of flash flood videos. I think it was shot somewhere in the Pacific Northwest and it was of a river/stream that was full of gloopy mud from a glacial melt (?) instead of water. It was thin enough to flow like water, though. The video was probably like 10 minutes long and the mud got thicker and higher as the video went on. There were a number of people hanging around watching it, and at one point the cameraman and his family came across someone who was a friend of a friend and they shook hands and chatted about mutual acquaintances.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
i swear i was watching tv at a weird time (like this was britain in the mid 90s and it was late-ish on a sunday maybe), the kind of time where it was near closedown and you would get unusually long commercial breaks and programmes that were just personal ads with music in the background. i'm pretty sure it was ITV which increases the general jankiness.

but the thing i saw that i haven't been able to find anywhere was this advertising feature which i think was for microsoft but not 100% on that. i think it was about a mall santa and it followed him in the rest of his life when he wasn't dressed as santa claus or something. it didn't have much dialogue and i couldn't really tell what it had to do with microsoft. i know this wasn't a dream because my mum was watching it with me as well and asked questions like "is this still on?" and "is this an advert?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

DoomLazer posted:

Downloading .wav files are a gateway to recording your own samples. #NotEvenOnce

Here is the Element of Crime clip: https://imgur.com/HyJJTRq

Yep, there it is, thanks! (Is it a good film? The premise seems pretty cool from the plot blurb on Google. If it's a terrible film, I'm gonna cringe even harder than the fact that I have a track called "The Slenderman" from back when that was strictly a SA shibboleth.)

Dr. Quarex posted:

If that's the oft-sampled quote I think you're referencing: now, that one I have actually have on vinyl. Maybe 2 copies; it's one of those things like Herb Alpert's "Whipped Cream and Other Delights" that you can walk into any thrift shop/used record store/yard sale and find a copy for 25 cents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoUmN2EEufQ

Sample is about 17 seconds in.