Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What am I missing here? Is Musgrove secretly the freshest man on Earth or something

He's a dime a dozen pitcher otherwise

He’s like Colin McHugh in that I’ll vouch for him purely because he seems like a legit good guy and he’s had important moments of clutch-ness.

I don’t care about his stats :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
My understanding K/BB is one of few stats that actually stabilizes quickly enough to give meaningful results over short time periods and Musgrove had a pretty noticeable spike last season. He also has consistently had a better FIP than ERA. Oh and he plays for the Pirates, a team whose pitchers always seem to get magically better when they leave. He's not a surefire break out or anything but the upside seems pretty obvious to me. And in any case if he does turn out to just be a at or slightly below league average ERA starter that isn't a 'dime a dozen' player. Mediocre starters are one of the types of players that I think fans consistently underrate. Just not a whole lot of guys who can consistently eat innings these days.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Castillo for Gleyber is totally fair.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

General Bullshit posted:

Castillo for Gleyber is totally fair.

Yeah, well, have you considered maybe Clint Frazier instead?????

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
BaseballTradeValues is usually pretty close on trade valuations. They have Castillo with a surplus value of 114M and Torres at 69M. Yankees would need to toss some more into the pot to get him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

secular woods sex posted:

BaseballTradeValues is usually pretty close on trade valuations. They have Castillo with a surplus value of 114M and Torres at 69M. Yankees would need to toss some more into the pot to get him.

Is that just based on 2020? If Torres is the player he was in 2018 and 2019, 69M is hilariously low. He's also 4 years younger and under control for 1 more year.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

mcmagic posted:

Is that just based on 2020? If Torres is the player he was in 2018 and 2019, 69M is hilariously low. He's also 4 years younger and under control for 1 more year.
Take 3 minutes and read the methodology for yourself.

. . . nevermind, it's mcmagic.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

secular woods sex posted:

Take 3 minutes and read the methodology for yourself.

. . . nevermind, it's mcmagic.

I mean regardless that site isn’t the end all here. A good, very young up the middle player with an extra year of control seems pretty similar in value to a number 2/3 pitcher.

Zips projects way more value from gleybar over the next couple years

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

resetting the days since mets were the mets counter
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1351379873797967872?s=20

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
the Mets are never going to change. Ever.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

did i miss it or has no one posted that cubs superstar tyler chatwood has signed with the toronto blue jays.

so longer tyler, cubs fans are saying "thanks for the memories"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

e: beaten

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

beaten like mets gm jared porter's penis before he photographs it, or like the toronto blue jays when tyler chatwood pitches for them?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

did i miss it or has no one posted that cubs superstar tyler chatwood has signed with the toronto blue jays.

so longer tyler, cubs fans are saying "thanks for the memories"

I wonder how he's gonna get there, probably walk.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Popete posted:

I Wonder how he's gonna get there, probably walk.

he had a very big hit in an extra innings game

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

beaten like mets gm jared porter's penis before he photographs it, or like the toronto blue jays when tyler chatwood pitches for them?

https://twitter.com/RichardStaff/status/1351312783841906692

Note the time of this tweet

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So it doesn't say it was even his penis. Get to the bottom of the story Passan or Kimes.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

KDdidit posted:

So it doesn't say it was even his penis. Get to the bottom of the story Passan or Kimes.

"if you don't want me here are maybe some other penises you might be interested in"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

uggy posted:

I mean regardless that site isn’t the end all here. A good, very young up the middle player with an extra year of control seems pretty similar in value to a number 2/3 pitcher.

Zips projects way more value from gleybar over the next couple years

There were already 2 starters better than Castillo traded this offseason and none of them got back a young all star player.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I can't decide if sending someone a naked picture of a penis is more scandalous than sending someone a clothed picture of a penis.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Who knew the question was answered in the article, go figure.

quote:

he said that "the more explicit ones are not of me. Those are like, kinda like joke-stock images."

Joke dick pics. Smooth.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

:mets:

KDdidit posted:

Joke dick pics. Smooth.

Jared Porter has a small penis confirmed

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Luis Castillo is a really good pitcher and has 3 years of cheap team control left. Dodgers Digest wrote a trade proposal article targeting him and suggested Lux + Ruiz + Gonsolin.

The Cubs gave Darvish away because we all know they care more about dumping the money than anything else.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

KDdidit posted:

Joke dick pics. Smooth.

This makes it even more :mets:.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Me December: I'm going to give up on Cleveland because they keep doing horrible things. I'm going to adopt the Mets because they were my dad's team.

Me January: :mets:

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

bawfuls posted:

The Cubs gave Darvish away because we all know they care more about dumping the money than anything else.

I think the much bigger issue here was that Darvish is being paid more or less what he is worth. Whereas Castillo and Musgrove are both getting paid a fraction of how much similar quality pitchers would get in free agency. That's really the heart of why the baseball economy is hosed up. Guys who have yet to hit free agency are just so insanely cheap. It hugely distorts the market in terms of both trades and free agency.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Porter was a former Cubs FO guy and apparently some of these texts were sent while he was with the Cubs. So this is incredibly on brand for both teams lol.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

This makes it even more :mets:.

lol if you think he actually sent stock footage dick pics and this isn't just some hilarious legalese to cover his rear end (or should i say dick)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
"well it wasn't my dick" is not an excuse you dumb motherfucker

get him to make a full, public apology and acknowledgement that what he did was completely unacceptable, no excuses or any of that "I'm sorry if she was offended" bullshit

and if he won't do that then fire his rear end

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I think you can skip to the very last sentence clause there.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/stevenacohen2/status/1351513683663450116?s=21

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Porter is by far the best GM in Mets history, right?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

mcmagic posted:

Porter is by far the best GM in Mets history, right?

Cons: sex pest
Pros: didn't trade Tom Seaver

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vernacular posted:

lol if you think he actually sent stock footage dick pics and this isn't just some hilarious legalese to cover his rear end (or should i say dick)

Of course not. The "it's not my dick I swear!" defense reeks of dumb and desperation. Regardless, he's welcome to gently caress off forever with that attitude.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It ought to be easy to figure out if he’s lying or not you just look for the watermark of the company that’s putting out *checks notes* stock images of erect dicks

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What am I missing here? Is Musgrove secretly the freshest man on Earth or something

He's a dime a dozen pitcher otherwise

He's got a very strong Jake Arrieta vibe where all the conditions are there for a massive breakout. Also he seems like a legit cool guy.

Also, lol :mets:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

In "worst person you know makes a good decision" news...

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Mets fired him as soon as this was public. I’m sure it was not a topic he brought up during his interview.

What did the Cubs know and when did they know it?

A reporter has the story on 2016 but the Cubs front office was clueless?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

It cracks me up when I recognize some totally rando prospect because he became a rando star player or personal favorite in OOTP.

Anyway this guy was my awesome catcher for years in my main OOTP game this season:

Two GGs and 7 ASGs

basically what I'm saying is you can book his hall of fame speech now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
I love when players I know in ootp get mentioned irl. I’m shocked how deep and forward looking the draft/minors are.

Shouts to Pablo Sandoval for being an ootp god