Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Skwirl posted:

The body count would be in the hundreds, if not thousands, if a BLM march tried to storm congress.

Or tens of thousands after accounting for the riots that would rightfully kick off afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/cableknitjumper/status/1351233859220873216?s=20

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I've been completely obsessed with the arrests of the insurrectionists, and some of it is just... well, you couldn't even write it, it's so bizzare. Take for example the dude who wore his house arrest GPS tracker to the coup d'état

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

D-LINK posted:

I've been completely obsessed with the arrests of the insurrectionists, and some of it is just... well, you couldn't even write it, it's so bizzare. Take for example the dude who wore his house arrest GPS tracker to the coup d'état

When you realize they've all spent their life getting away with things and they were doing it on behalf of Trump, who lets people who do things for him get away with things. And they saw themselves as righteous warriors for the new republic... the answers are all there.

Or long story short they're loving idiots who thought they would get away with it.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Thaddius the Large posted:

That was pretty much the entire second half of the game for me, I don’t really follow half the plot, but it’s certainly entertaining

Yeah I want to talk about it in more detail but I don't want to annoy people with every new thing that pops up

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Spoeank posted:

When you realize they've all spent their life getting away with things and they were doing it on behalf of Trump, who lets people who do things for him get away with things. And they saw themselves as righteous warriors for the new republic... the answers are all there.

Or long story short they're loving idiots who thought they would get away with it.

I’d say half are idiots, and the other half are idiots who thought they’d actually succeed.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’d say half are idiots, and the other half are idiots who thought they’d actually succeed.

A brand-spanking newly elected, and not even sworn in yet delegate to the West Virginia house Facebook Lived himself entering the Capitol, and had to resign before ever taking office. He was literally taken into custody from his grandma's basement

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's funny that one of them felt so persecuted she flew to the insurrection in her private jet

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

It's funny that one of them felt so persecuted she flew to the insurrection in her private jet

She's one of my favorites. Some of her video at the Capitol is just priceless. She claims a cute guy asked her to go, but failed the hookup, and that she should get a pardon because Trump told her to do it

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

alright job interview

round tables setup, was catered with panera.

two doctors, two of the advanced practitioners (what I am), the office manager, and hiring manager.

The docs and APs knew me from my rotations. Doctor and my preceptor were very complimentary. Talked about the practice, what I wanted, why I liked neurology, etc. Other doc really liked that I had been an inpatient rehab CNA. Everyone kept talking to me about what I "will" be doing instead of "would." Head doc said specifically he was going to start me on a lot of post stroke consults.

Head doc asked me if I was interested in this opportunity and I said yes of course, it's everything I want, etc. Didn't mention that I wanted to shift inpatient after a year but it's with the same group. Hiring manager kept talking about what a good opportunity it WILL be for me to help rebuild this practice (they've lost a lot of docs to various other things) and that i'll be able to recreate it how i want. Tons of good signs.

but then they mention that they have to interview one other person.

on the way out the office manager is NOT a new grad, has experience, I didn't press, but that it wasn't all about schooling. you have to be a good fit with the office.

total interview was like an hour and a half.

if i had to pull myself out of myself and look at it from above, I'd say it went well. But having been there I'm not sure.

holy gently caress that was stressful

Maybe they have two teams and want to see which team will go well with the two candidates already chosen. I mean, you are the PA that got the racist shithead OB/GYN removed from the educational circuit (he's still doctoring, he's still bad, Rocky Top) so you may have a "This guy will rock boats" malus on your gossip sheet.

Go get em

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 19, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Maybe they have two teams and want to see which team will go well with the two candidates already chosen. I mean, you are the PA that got the racist shithead OB/GYN removed from the educational circuit (he's still doctoring, he's still bad, Rocky Top) so you may have a "This guy will rock boats" malus on your gossip sheet.

Go get em

:)

I’ve received several texts from people in the interview thet I did great.

I’m cautiously optimistic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Like almost all of them were at least what I'd call "comfortably middle class" or richer. Gonna take a sack of quarters to the next person who mentions "economic anxiety."

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Skwirl posted:

Like almost all of them were at least what I'd call "comfortably middle class" or richer. Gonna take a sack of quarters to the next person who mentions "economic anxiety."

Considering most of them took the day off, flew to DC, and stayed at local hotels, then yea, they’re pretty much all upper middle class yokels.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
No one expected it to be anything more than a partisan joke but the 1776 thing didn't even try to be a believable joke.

https://twitter.com/torstenkathke/status/1351313689530478592

Two historians involved total, one a classic antiquities guy and another just a guy who had a history undergrad degree. There's a person who studied interior design though.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

:)

I’ve received several texts from people in the interview thet I did great.

I’m cautiously optimistic.
Yeah, you're in like Flynn.

Now that you're a medical professional, can you look at this rash I have? :goatsecx:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
PS: I don't actually have a rash

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CannonFodder posted:

PS: I don't actually have a rash

Tell that to your colon

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

No one expected it to be anything more than a partisan joke but the 1776 thing didn't even try to be a believable joke.

https://twitter.com/torstenkathke/status/1351313689530478592

Two historians involved total, one a classic antiquities guy and another just a guy who had a history undergrad degree. There's a person who studied interior design though.

I read Julie Strauss as Julie Strain and was very confused.

Also Julie Strain died from TBI-induced dementia last week and I'm kinda sad about that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/JimCarrey/status/1351342226639474689

*silently mouths "What the gently caress"*

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Speaking of TBI

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Allllllllllrighty then...

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

He made her look like Butthead :stare:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

iwentdoodie posted:

Tell that to your colon
I did and it responded with FFFRRTTT

Intruder posted:

Jim Carrey painting of Stacy Abrahms

*silently mouths "What the gently caress"*
Jim is both off the deep end and still talented but in a crazy way.

The art is there, but there's these strange choices. Why are her eyes so narrow? Why focus on the tendons between the cheek and jaw? What is up with the mouth?

And it's still streets ahead of anything I could do.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 19, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
WandaVision is an odd show. Like a part of me appreciates it really playing with the tropes of early television, but you'd have to know what those tropes are in the first place. If I didn't get a steady diet of Nick At Nite when I was a kid I wonder if the concept would still land.

It's also doing that "take the whole series to reveal a mystery" that Westworld did & I find that pretty frustrating.

I do enjoy the The Truman Show aspect , even if you can see it a mile away.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I didn't realize they ended the DC Animated Movie Universe last year.

I'm sad now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

I'm sad now.

Its ok friend. There's money to be made. It'll be back.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Wow WandaVision is some sitcommy poo poo. It's... charming...and cringy?

I'm ok with it being weird and experimental anything to get away from bog standard Marvel Movieness

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 19, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I'm sad now.

Like two thirds of those were absolute dog poo poo though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Skwirl posted:

Like two thirds of those were absolute dog poo poo though.

I've always liked the DC animated stuff. Only one I didn't like much was Death of Superman

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I've always liked the DC animated stuff. Only one I didn't like much was Death of Superman

Death of Superman was one of the few watchable ones. The Justice League ones mostly sucked, the Batman ones were jaw droppingly boring (Bad Blood was watchable because it had some Dickbats). Apocalypse War had like three different popular women super heroes cameo for 15 seconds just so they could be brutally murdered on screen.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the DCAU movies are a great example of what happens when you let people who make kids cartoons do whatever they want without S&P oversight

it gets real bad real quick

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

a neat cape posted:

I really enjoy it as well and it shocks me that Marvel/Disney hasn't tried getting that up and going themselves especially with Disney+

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
laptop girl got arrested

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Keystone pipeline to be cancelled :toot:?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55709261

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So my parents condo complex has had people break into the garage a couple times, once they got into some locker storage, I don't know how much was taken because my parents don't use it. Another time like 15-20 bikes were stolen. So the condo board hired a private security company basically to just hang out near the garage entrance late at night.

My issue is the security company is named Signal 88. I can't find anything beyond that to suggest they're Nazis, but seriously wtf.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Company Overview

Former law-enforcement professionals founded Signal 88 Security in 2003, in Omaha, Nebraska, where "signal 88" is police code for "situation secure." In 2008, Reed Nyffeler began franchising Signal 88. Franchisees offer patrol, guard and virtual monitoring services and have access to proprietary software.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Company Overview

Former law-enforcement professionals founded Signal 88 Security in 2003, in Omaha, Nebraska, where "signal 88" is police code for "situation secure." In 2008, Reed Nyffeler began franchising Signal 88. Franchisees offer patrol, guard and virtual monitoring services and have access to proprietary software.

The main thing I've been able to find out is a bunch of their employees hate the loving company, which is exactly what you want from the people protecting your parent's building.

But this is in Seattle so it's probably franchise operation, maybe they're nicer.

But that explanation absolutely doesn't mean it's not a Nazi thing. I kinda figure cops in the midwest know about incredibly obvious Nazi code words, either because they have to deal with Nazis or they are Nazis.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Long but a pro click.

Sound on.

https://i.imgur.com/iJTgNEz.mp4

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

you are much more likely to forget what you're looking for if you walk through a doorway, which is why studio apartments are the best place to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I never seem to get sound for these it's not even an option it's just a silent gif