Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I think most everyone understands this less consciously, but realize that you're also paying us to not gain a substantial amount of power, on top of helping out the cause du jour. In that frame of reference were back down to, if not well below, the rough 1:1 cost per power our borderline seditiously so-called "kings ransom" is due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

megane posted:

Sure. House Pinchay, we will pay you 4 coins for a No vote, or 3 coins to abstain. House Cyfoeth, same offer, assuming Pinchay doesn't take it first.

councilman
You know what? On second thought, we can live with second money if the game ends. Also, I had missed this. Taken to abstain.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 18, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Fat Samurai posted:

councilman
You know what? On second thought, we can live with second money if the game ends. Also, I had missed this. Taken to abstain.

Witnessed!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Reminder that the deadline to dubmit your vote is at 12noon GMT/UTC tomorrow, or in about 13h!

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Sitting Councilmember

We have sent in our decision, blessed be the Mother.

OOC: Sorry for being inactive in the thread this round, busy weekend. :shobon:

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Covski posted:

Sitting Councilmember

We have sent in our decision, blessed be the Mother.

OOC: Sorry for being inactive in the thread this round, busy weekend. :shobon:

OOC:Dude, real life always comes first, thanks for taking time out of a busy weekend to keep playing with everyone.

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

OOC: Well, with some genuine odds that the game is going to end next round, I just wanted to extend a general GG to the houses on behalf of House Daucus. This game is a tense game, competitive, and with lots of accusations being thrown around about who wants what. We all have gotten a bit catty and paranoid.

In the end, may the house who played the field best win the battle, and let us keep pushing to make Ankist the best it can be!... Whatever that best may be, of course...

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

There are still a few (about 5) hours to submit your vote, but just to be sure I'm currently missing Gambol's and Daucus's votes :)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

House Cyfoeth, Dukes of Coden

That was fun. Watch me forget to carry a two somewhere and doom our House to obscurity.

To my team: I paid attention your comments even if I end up flying mostly solo when negotiations heated up. Do you want to split the duties of Treasures/Councilman next time around?

PS. House Daucus, my hat to you if you end up being Rebels, I have Lethe locked in for that. I think you're Moderates, FWIW.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

TIG - We submitted our vote in the Discord channel. You should have gotten a ping.

Fat Samurai posted:

PS. House Daucus...

I just want you to know that [1] I think we're getting another Dilemma this reign, and [2] what happened this round wasn't our fault*.

*Not directly, anyway.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 19, 2021

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Quackles posted:

[2] what happened this round wasn't our fault*.

*Not directly, anyway.

Someone with better computer-fu than me photoshop this into their banner, please. :allears:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Actually, there's probably some good taglines for all the houses.

House Gambol
"What's In It For Me"

House Cyfoeth
"We're Pretty Chill, Actually"

House Daucus
"It Wasn't Our Fault"

House Pinchay
"Feelin' Crabby"

House Lethe
"Oscar the Grouch Approved"

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Quackles posted:

House Lethe
"Oscar the Grouch Approved"

"We're not a Cult of Set, we swear."

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I've not received Gambol's vote yet; I'm extending the deadline a couple of hours to see if Nea is around then.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Sorry about that, iiii... Thought someone else was sitting council member this time and missed that I had come back up in the rotation. Sent in.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reign of King Harald V, Dilemma 5, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Aye, bets 2 Power(s), gains 0 Coin(s).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 4 Power(s), gains 1 Coin(s).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 4 Power(s), gains 4 Coin(s).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 4 Power(s), gains 1 Coin(s).

Votes Nay, spends 5 Power(s), spends 3 Coin(s).

The Nays have it!

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: -
N/A.

Resources and Stability change:

With only a 1 drop for Influence and with a +4 to Morale due to Momentum, the Stability marker has reached the top of the scale! This means King Harald V's reign has come to an end - his most powerful vassals, once thought of as allies, have taken the opportunity to capitalize on their newfound fame to force him to abdicate, and have someone of their own crowned King.

Chronicle stickers:

No changes.

The end of King Harald V's kingdom.
Now it's time to talk a bit about the scoring system - the very basics are simple:
  • The House that has scored the most Agenda Points is the winner for the current game, with everyone else following based on their score.
  • Tied positions are always scored as if all the tied Houses have reached the same position (so two Houses tied for the 1st place are both 1st).
  • No matter what, there is always at least 1 House that will score last and receive the corresponding score.
  • The amount of Prestige Points and/or Crave Points awarded to each House is different based not only on their position, but on what has triggered the end of the current king's reign, as per this table:

In this case, we're going to look at the middle column titled The King Abdicated > Stability at the top end of the track.
  • To determine which House gets what, we have to calculate the Scores first

Houses - Final scores posted:

Hidden Agendas

Hidden Agenda: Moderate(2), 7 Agenda Points
Open Agenda(s): N/A.
Final Power: 8 (second), 1 Agenda Point
Final Coins: 7
Total: 8 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Extremist(14), 14 Agenda Points
Final Power: 6
Final Coins: 13 (third), 1 Agenda Point
Total: 15 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Opulent(4), 14 Agenda Points
Final Power: 14 (first), 2 Agenda Points
Final Coins: 15 (second), 4 Agenda Points
Total: 20 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Rebel(4), 19 Agenda Points
Final Coins: 16 (first), 3 Agenda Points
Total: 22 Agenda Points

Hidden Agenda: Opportunist(1), 4 Agenda Points
Final Coins: 9
Total: 4 Agenda Points

Prestige & Crave
1st place: House Daucus, gains
2nd place: House Cyfoeth, gains
3rd place: House Gambol, gains
4th place: House Pinchay, gains
Last place: House Lethe, gains
I have updated your House's Sheet with the Prestige/Crave score and updated the Alignment tracker with the Agendas you've picked so far. I've also marked down Achievement progress for the Houses that have managed to do them! These will remain secret until they are complete and will be revealed together with the bonus they provide then.

New King's reign - Setup posted:

First thing first, we're going to set the Chronicle Aging - this means that each Chronicle Sticker gets a checkmark ticked on its left side. This is a way to keep track of how long each sticker has been around - after the 3rd sticker has been placed on the same row, the new one will overwrite the oldest sticker (the one with the most checkmarks; the leftmost, in case of a tie).

Then, we apply Resource Legacy - we count the amount of positive/negative stickers for each Resource, and we move them up or down on the tracker according to this. NOTE: the facing for each token (black or white) is determined randomly at the start of the King's reign, and it's not influenced by their facing at the end of the previous kingdom; Momentum doesn't accrue during this phase (so if you have 3 negative stickers on the same Resource, you only move it 3 downwards). Also, the Stability tracker always starts in the middle spot.

Then, we apply Power Legacy - we check the signatures on the stickers attached to the Chronicle area of the Realm board. For each Positive sticker signed by a House, that House starts the next game with +1 Power; for each Negative sticker signed by a House, that House starts the next game with -1 Power (it may even happen that a House starts the game with no Power at all!). This has been updated in your House's sheet, in the Chronicle Legacy effects cell.

Then, we assign Open Agendas - we check the signatures on the stickers attached to the Chronicle area of the Realm board. The House who signed the most recent Positive Chronicle sticker for that Resource receives the corresponding Positive Open Agenda token; we repeat the process for Negative Agendas (a resource may grant both a Positive and a Negative agenda in case there are multiple stickers on the same Resource). These are the Open Agendas for now:

As long as a House has 1+ Open Agenda assigned, they will either receive extra points if their resource is the highest (3) or second highest (1) if the Agenda is Positive; or they will lose points if their resource is the lowest (3) or second lowest (1) in case of a Negative Agenda. Ties count as the same position for this.
Each House can only be assigned up to 2 Positive Open Agenda tokens and up to 2 Negative Open Agenda tokens during a single game. If a House is assigned more, at the end of this step, they must choose which 2 they want to keep, and discard the rest. The Open Agenda tokens discarded in this way are not assigned to any House during this game, and can be put back into the box.

We would then check Story Legacy (cards that have a "star" symbol on them and that provide that bonus at the start of each Reign as long as they don't get covered) and Achievement Legacy (provided by completed House Achievements), but we don't have any right now. So, without further ado...

Hidden Agendas & Picking Order posted:

The House with the least Prestige is the first to picked, while the House with the most Prestige is the last. During the first game, The order is based on the "nobility" of the House itself, determined by the "House Number" on your House Sheet (the highest the number, the highest the nobility). The picking order for the reign of King Harald V is:
  • First Pick: House Lethe, Dukes of Natar
  • House Gambol, Dukes of Solad
  • House Pinchay, Dukes of Gamam
  • House Cyfoeth, Dukes of Coden
  • Last Pick: House Daucus, Dukes of Olwyn

Current House Roles posted:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: Blastinus (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: Omobono
- Treasurer/Navigator: Jossar

- Sitting Councilmember: Danaru (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: oldskool (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: megane
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Bellmaker

:siren::siren::siren:
The current Sitting Councilmember for each House has 48h to submit their tiered preference for Hidden Agendas through PM/Email, putting all six in a scale from Tier 1 (want most) to Tier 6 (want least). You will be assigned the first available Agenda available according to the picking order. NOTE: one Agenda is removed at random before the first House picks.

We also need to vote for the Name of the next King! Everyone is invited to submit their name of choice itt, the most popular will become the next puppet King! The time window is the same for the Agendas. If I get everything before the 48h window, I'll run the update then.
:siren::siren::siren:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 19, 2021

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

King Vainglory or King Long Walk Upon The Cliffside, Overlooking Bountiful Fields (King Cliffside, commonly) are my two suggestions.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

High Scholar
:agesilaus:

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
While Harald VI seems like an excellent name for continuity purposes, potentially we should look to diversify the dynastic naming pool a bit. Particularly since His Majesty Harald V abdicated in lieu of dying of old age.

I'm a fan of the more classical names, I propose King Constantius Aontas to be the name of our newly upraised monarch.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Results show House Daucus getting three prestige and 1 crave. What is the crave from?

The results due to King abdication don't show any crave being awarded to 1st place.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Rebel gives 1 crave if the king abdicates.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

^^^^^^ This.

SporkChan posted:

The results due to King abdication don't show any crave being awarded to 1st place.
Sorry, I should have specified that: there is some fine print at the bottom of the Rebel Agenda that award 1 Crave if the King abdicates:

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

It is most fitting if we stick with Italian names for the kings, isn't it? I nominate King Marco, of Polo.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Can I, an outside observer, submit the name Blythe for the new king?

Blythe meaning, "cheerful", when the previous king was forced to abdicate through "the morale of the nation became too good." (Which caused stability to go too high)

But also because it is a homophone for "Blithe" and there was a definite "oops" quality to that last vote.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

Everyone is welcome to submit a name :) Also, just in case it wasn't clear, Signup is still open - and will remain open for the rest of the game - but it's limited to the 5 Houses already selected (with Gambol, Cyfoeth and Lethe having preference cause they currently are 1 senator down compared to the other 2).

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Good round, all! I had hoped we would be sticking with a little bit longer, but let's move boldly ahead and see what secrets the game has in store.

House Pinchay - as the two Least Checkboxed families, I suggest we forward one anothers' interests, whenever possible. Obviously not enforceable, just an expression of mutual goodwill; what say you?

Nea posted:

King Vainglory or King Long Walk Upon The Cliffside, Overlooking Bountiful Fields (King Cliffside, commonly) are my two suggestions.

Really liking King Cliffside.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Hey there!

I'm waiting to get some feedback on BGG (hopefully we'll get some devs to chime in) on the whole "sharing (someone else's) Hidden Agenda in public" (especially the last Agenda left in a 5 Houses game). For now, I'd ask you all please not to do so for the time being...right now it's in the "Air Bud" realm of rules - there is nothing explicitly against it in the rules, this is a bargain heavy game and technically this would be most effective vs the leading House(s)...but I'm not 100% if this is intended.

Of course if the majority of people itt are for it, we don't really care what the answer from BGG is, so please let me know what you think about this!

EDIT: just o be clear speculation about Agendas is perfectly fine! I'm talking more about the "we picked 4th, and there is only 1 agenda left for the 5th House" kind of deal :)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 19, 2021

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Yeah this is my fault. I'm all for it on account of it being one of, if not the only, pieces of info unequally shared.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Now that we're between games and talking about hidden info, could I suggest to keep information about power and coins open? Traceable but hidden information is my boardgame pet peeve, and in a forum format is pretty easy to track.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
I think Seat 4 outing Seat 5 opens them up to be outed by Seat 3, and all the way up. So it's a move you can perform, but it's Mutually Assured Secrecy Destruction... probably rarely in anyones' best interests to push that red button.

Fat Samurai posted:

Now that we're between games and talking about hidden info, could I suggest to keep information about power and coins open? Traceable but hidden information is my boardgame pet peeve, and in a forum format is pretty easy to track.

Concur; it's not as though having a player tabulate it is more valuable than it being in the OP updates. Non-secret secrets.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

Sure thing, if this is what the thread wants it would be really easy for me to implement, so please let me know what your opinion is about this as well :)

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

C... posted:

Good round, all! I had hoped we would be sticking with a little bit longer, but let's move boldly ahead and see what secrets the game has in store.

House Pinchay - as the two Least Checkboxed families, I suggest we forward one anothers' interests, whenever possible. Obviously not enforceable, just an expression of mutual goodwill; what say you?

Acting Foreman

A mutually beneficial alliance would be appreciated. I look forward to working with you.

I am also in favor of keeping Power and Coins in the open. It's something that benefits everyone in terms of decision making, while not giving away how and where it will be spent.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
I'm in favor of having available Coins/Power be listed in the OP dilemma posts. Since the game is mostly about the wheeling and dealing part of negotiations, knowing what each house has on the table to begin with would help with that.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

If there is room in the thread for a much-too-involved heraldry joke, can I suggest King Pursuivant Bourses D'Or (or King Bourses, to his friends) given money was lowest on the tracker when Harald's reign ended?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

OK, first off, before I say anything else:

House Daucus
"Told You So"

Second:

Wow, there were some interesting whiffs in my tracking chart (I should note that I was trying to be as accurate as possible). I'll have to do better.

Third:

I still don't understand, even with House Lethe being Opportunists, why they voted Nay.

Fourth:

I'm in favor of listing Power and Coins outright. I made a math error last round in the draft version of my status report (before it was published) and it screwed up House Daucus's bargaining strategy for about the first ten hours.

Fifth:

I do like King Blythe.

Sixth:

House Cyfoeth, you mentioned wanting to collaborate on sharing secret agenda data predictions. Are you still interested in that? (This is more for when we are not both last-ish in the agenda pick order.)

Quackles fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 19, 2021

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Quackles posted:

Third:

I still don't understand, even with House Lethe being Opportunists, why they voted Nay.

The Great Mother works in mysterious ways.

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

Veryslightlymad posted:

Blythe meaning, "cheerful", when the previous king was forced to abdicate through "the morale of the nation became too good." (Which caused stability to go too high)

But also because it is a homophone for "Blithe" and there was a definite "oops" quality to that last vote.

I actually really like this pitch, and do hope you join if you wish! This has been really fun so far.

TravelLog posted:

If there is room in the thread for a much-too-involved heraldry joke, can I suggest King Pursuivant Bourses D'Or (or King Bourses, to his friends) given money was lowest on the tracker when Harald's reign ended?

Also on my list. I really like this one, having the joke explained to me.

Also we did say Nay would be good for the rebels.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Also, Seventh:

I'd really encourage other houses to favor being prosocial when it looks like an important story decision is coming up, regardless of their victory objectives. That's a good chunk of why I/we favored Aye on that decision - there was plenty of time for us to get an abdication later.

[glares at House Lethe]

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Quackles posted:

Also, Seventh:

I'd really encourage other houses to favor being prosocial when it looks like an important story decision is coming up, regardless of their victory objectives. That's a good chunk of why I/we favored Aye on that decision - there was plenty of time for us to get an abdication later.

[glares at House Lethe]

It was an important story decision, and we acted accordingly!

Also all hail King Blythe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Quackles posted:

OK, first off, before I say anything else:

Third:

My guess? Screen achievements. They're the religious house, morale is (also) the religious resource, they probably chose to get a pip on an highest morale achievement.