Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Its Rinaldo posted:

Thanks, I'm housing McDonalds breakfast sandwiches at a unsustainable rate to stave off the terror.

I really hope your sweet pup pulls through. Also, how many McDs sandwiches, and which ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Hope the pup comes out doing great Rinaldo. Thats one of the worst feelings.

Also, I know I'm getting old because I've started enjoying just a caeser salad for lunch to the point where now I just buy the pre made one at Costco and that's 2 days lunch for me. Add some Cajun shrimp too for an even more satisfying result.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I really hate my user name, if mods are still giving out stuff could I have it changed back to Pron on VHS

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

iwentdoodie posted:

Hope the pup comes out doing great Rinaldo. Thats one of the worst feelings.

Also, I know I'm getting old because I've started enjoying just a caeser salad for lunch to the point where now I just buy the pre made one at Costco and that's 2 days lunch for me. Add some Cajun shrimp too for an even more satisfying result.

I have been eating a lot of Caesar salads too, started off with the Trader Joe’s kits and now I have my own cans of anchovies and block of parm

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Blowjob Overtime posted:

We are getting into the worst part of the year for me when it has been cold and dark for a couple of months, and watching March roll back around with no real idea when I might be able to start leaving the house and interacting with people normally is just an extra twist of the knife. I really need to change something up and start working out or focusing on some productive time outside of doing WFH, or it is going to be a rough ride until spring.

6 days until a 5pm sunset here :toot:

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I really hope your sweet pup pulls through. Also, how many McDs sandwiches, and which ones?

I have ate four (sausage w/ egg, ham mcmuffin, bacon biscuit, sausage no egg) and hash browns. I'm going to have a bad time later as I usually am fine just eating one.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

My SO got the second round of the COVID vaccine today :toot: At least now I can stop worrying about indirectly killing her patients by catching it when I travel for work. I have a feeling it’ll be a while before I can get it though.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Its Rinaldo posted:

I have ate four (sausage w/ egg, ham mcmuffin, bacon biscuit, sausage no egg) and hash browns. I'm going to have a bad time later as I usually am fine just eating one.

:stonk:

Better not use a public toilet in the next 24 hours, that would be an act of terrorism.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I have been eating a lot of Caesar salads too, started off with the Trader Joe’s kits and now I have my own cans of anchovies and block of parm

Hell yeah, I love making my own dressing. On my days off I'll do it, working 12hr days makes it miserable trying to prep poo poo like that though so the convenience wins.

E: Rinaldo you are going to die while making GBS threads

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Salads for lunch is really a good idea. We had a salad bar in the cafeteria that was great for a relatively cheap, healthy lunch, but that's not really an option right now.

Also my productivity has now been sidelined by a coworker being too young to know what afk means.

e: My guts tense up in anxiety before and during the procedure, and my relieved eating is usually after the vet visit is done. I'm impressed by the stress eating of four McD's breakfast sandwiches.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I will purchase a eucalyptus and mint candle for the shower.

I need to date again. Being without companionship for a year of Covid has not been good for my brain.

I've been dating a girl since about Thanksgiving and finally actually got to spend a weekend with her. It was a great time :dance:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Freaquency posted:

My SO got the second round of the COVID vaccine today :toot: At least now I can stop worrying about indirectly killing her patients by catching it when I travel for work. I have a feeling it’ll be a while before I can get it though.

Congrats to her, but can't you still transmit the virus even with the vaccine?

Obviously it's much tougher to get the virus. Just a question we're grappling with since my parents are likely to get the vaccine soon

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Ya'all want ANOTHER streaming service??

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/19/22238502/paramount-plus-launch-date-cbs-all-access-streaming-event-shows-movies

I hate that I might consider getting this if only for episodes of Bar Rescue.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

Ya'all want ANOTHER streaming service??

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/19/22238502/paramount-plus-launch-date-cbs-all-access-streaming-event-shows-movies

I hate that I might consider getting this if only for episodes of Bar Rescue.

That's just a rebranding of CBS All Access. Picard, Discovery, The Stand and.........

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

So let's see if I can name them all:

Netflix
Disney+
Hulu
HBO Max
Paramount/CBS All Access
Peacock
ESPN+ if you want to count that

Is Fox the only one of the big networks to not have their own streaming service? I'm assuming ABC shows end up on Disney+. I guess most Fox stuff is on Hulu, I know Hulu has FX at least.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Obviously it's much tougher to get the virus. Just a question we're grappling with since my parents are likely to get the vaccine soon

They didn’t explicitly study whether or not someone with the vaccine can spread the virus, and I’m not sure offhand how one could reasonably control for that in a clinical trial - it would have to be after the fact with contact tracing, and gathering enough data to be statistically significant would take forever considering how the rollout is going. Chances are that it will provide that protection, but to be on the safe side (and to prevent anti-mask assholes from claiming they got the shot already) they’re asking that people with the vaccine still take the same precautions they already are.

e: right after I hit post I found this article from the NYT stating that they’re testing people who have had the shot for antibodies after the fact and it seems promising that it would at least limit how contagious it is.

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 19, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I got the job

Waiting on offer letter

I’m a neurology PA-C

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My company just announced they're outsourcing IT hosting, server engineering, virtualization, database engineering, and middleware services to the same company they outsourced development to 7 years ago.

That outsourcing would have been a complete failure if not for the Infrastructure teams fixing all their poo poo. The Infrastructure teams they just sent home.

They're pulling the excuse of modernizing our tech stack and saying "We're doing this to get us into a better position because we couldn't do it ourselves", even though they never gave us the opportunity. In an earlier meeting where this was suggested, I asked about that and I was told management came to my boss saying my question was disrespectful. Apparently saying literally "How do you reconcile the work done to get everyone working from home by these teams with not giving them the chance to take on this challenge, then saying we aren't capable of it? " is disrespectful.

Sorry for venting, I went through the same process 7 years back and the lack of any conscience firing a few hundred people during a loving pandemic is driving me up the wall.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

I got the job

Waiting on offer letter

I’m a neurology PA-C

Woo :toot: You earned it Fiz

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

There's DAZN too for sports (mainly combat sports) I believe? I haven't actually checked it out.

e: Congrats again Fiz, although I was relatively sure you already had it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

I got the job

Waiting on offer letter

I’m a neurology PA-C

gently caress yeah.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

FizFashizzle posted:

I got the job

Waiting on offer letter

I’m a neurology PA-C

:cheersbird:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Silly Burrito posted:

That's just a rebranding of CBS All Access. Picard, Discovery, The Stand and.........

From what it sounds like, they're gonna put a lot of Viacom stuff on there, like MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network stuff, etc etc.

Netflix
Disney+
Hulu
HBO Max
Paramount/CBS All Access
Peacock

Is Fox the only one of the big networks to not have their own streaming service? I'm assuming ABC shows end up on Disney+. I guess most Fox stuff is on Hulu, I know Hulu has FX at least.

Hulu started as a joint venture between like 3 companies hence why NBC, ABC and Fox usually air their stuff on there a day after it airs live.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Netflix
Disney+
Hulu
HBO Max
Paramount/CBS All Access
Peacock

Fox partially owned Hulu before Disney bought Fox and got a controlling interest in Hulu lol

FizFashizzle posted:

I got the job

Waiting on offer letter

I’m a neurology PA-C

Hell yea congrats man!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

I got the job

Waiting on offer letter

I’m a neurology PA-C

Hell yes :blessed:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Netflix
Disney+
Hulu
HBO Max
Paramount/CBS All Access
Peacock

Crunchyroll and Funimation for anime
Britbox for the UK public service broadcasters
Kocowa for Korean dramas and kpop nonsense
Criterion Channel for Criterion stuff

and dozens more!

Like Amazon Prime

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Good poo poo Fiz, congrats

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

I got the job

Waiting on offer letter

I’m a neurology PA-C

from "dude, it's prom!"

to "dude, it's a degenerative brain disease!"

my little fiz is all grown up!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

I got the job

Waiting on offer letter

I’m a neurology PA-C

:hellyeah:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Woohoo Fiz, what particular corner of the country are you off to?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

My company just announced they're outsourcing IT hosting, server engineering, virtualization, database engineering, and middleware services to the same company they outsourced development to 7 years ago.

That outsourcing would have been a complete failure if not for the Infrastructure teams fixing all their poo poo. The Infrastructure teams they just sent home.

They're pulling the excuse of modernizing our tech stack and saying "We're doing this to get us into a better position because we couldn't do it ourselves", even though they never gave us the opportunity. In an earlier meeting where this was suggested, I asked about that and I was told management came to my boss saying my question was disrespectful. Apparently saying literally "How do you reconcile the work done to get everyone working from home by these teams with not giving them the chance to take on this challenge, then saying we aren't capable of it? " is disrespectful.

Sorry for venting, I went through the same process 7 years back and the lack of any conscience firing a few hundred people during a loving pandemic is driving me up the wall.

I’m sorry to hear this, it’s immensely frustrating. I hate the sort of person who only sees “it costs us X to have these people on staff, but X-Y to outsource it” without consideration of the hidden costs. I used to work at an MSP and even though we obviously tried to take care of everyone as well as we could, there was no way we could handle everything as quickly or as efficiently as an internal IT team and that left people twisting in the wind way too often. Unfortunately the people who make these calls are always prioritized in the queue so they’re never going to see the decline in service and will pay themselves on the back about saving the company money. It’s a poo poo situation and I feel for you.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

Woohoo Fiz, what particular corner of the country are you off to?

Asheville :)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

seiferguy posted:

From what it sounds like, they're gonna put a lot of Viacom stuff on there, like MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network stuff, etc etc.

Hulu started as a joint venture between like 3 companies hence why NBC, ABC and Fox usually air their stuff on there a day after it airs live.

i see on cbs all access they've already added mtv/comedy central/nickelodeon stuff

fox does own tubi

also, there's amc+ (which incudes shudder) and the just-launched discovery+

now, who asked for that gritty willy wonka origin story

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1351582090307973120

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I really hate my user name, if mods are still giving out stuff could I have it changed back to Pron on VHS

Your log-in information will change, but yes.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Lol, holy poo poo, jackpot

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

FizFashizzle posted:

I got the job

Waiting on offer letter

I’m a neurology PA-C

Congrats!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Hell yeah congrats dude

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Ehud posted:

from "dude, it's prom!"

to "dude, it's a degenerative brain disease!"

my little fiz is all grown up!

Dude, it's prions

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

I got the job

Waiting on offer letter

I’m a neurology PA-C

Congrats Fiz!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

You caught poo poo because of a "disrespectful" question about a sizable layoff? That's total bullshit - doubly so if you're actually on the affected team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

I keep wanting to call you Pron but I never know the correct name change etiquette rules. Then again I've called Crazy crazy forever and SA2K that even though it's been years.

shirts and skins posted:

Going back to this I don't think we know for sure? I mean we didn't last month, but that's forever ago I guess. I'm curious about the British mutation and if that means we should change the rules about close contacts to being less time than they currently are or not, which is another thing I don't think we know? I feel like I'm paying so much attention and also paying zero attention because of everything else going on.

Anyway, got news that my mom who has been locked away since the beginning and wants nothing more than to slowly linger in a grocery store looking for deals for 3 hours should be getting a call for her first shot soon, which is not the end for her but is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Vertical Lime posted:

now, who asked for that gritty willy wonka origin story

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1351582090307973120

I’d maybe watch if it was a :gritty: reboot