Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

thats not candy posted:

CCIV dipping a bit since they said no news this week probably. might be good time to buy in this week if you believe rumors. bad time to buy in if rumors are bad though :rolldice:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...8yvOUXeueU0lSv8

If it drops below 14 I'm buying even more. That's a non-denial. I'm not going to sell and attempt to buy back in lower, because the deal could still come at any time. Plus, my personal history of doing this is about 90% bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

FistEnergy posted:

If it drops below 14 I'm buying even more. That's a non-denial. I'm not going to sell and attempt to buy back in lower, because the deal could still come at any time. Plus, my personal history of doing this is about 90% bad.

yeah same im buying more this week. getting the cost basis down with covered call trades is relatively easy since the volatility is insane

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

LLCoolJD posted:

So, invest in real estate while rates are low?

Low rates inflate the prices of RE because people can afford a bigger loan so it isn't like RE is magically cheaper now. If you're serious posting then the answer is to (1) max all of your tax-advantaged retirement accounts with diversified funds (VTI/VXUS/BND) and (2) then travel, gamble, invest in real estate, etc with any extra money because you will retire rich due to prioritizing your retirement so it doesn't matter if you gamble the rest of your fun money away on SPACs or real estate.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
Just loaded up on spcx, if this is the year of the spac, hopefully the spac etf kicks rear end.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I think you're better off researching and picking the good SPACs but I wish you good luck!

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

FistEnergy posted:

I think you're better off researching and picking the good SPACs but I wish you good luck!

I did both, I looked at it as a way of catching a taste of spacs that I missed the boat on like the ipo series or sleepers. I still have my portfolio of cherry picked winners.

wet_goods fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 19, 2021

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Screw it, I bought the baby CCIV dip this morning to hold. Wussed out on options.

Edit: also ended up buying SNPR, FUSE and AACQ :shrug:

Rolo fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 19, 2021

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Wow. Even after the GME crazyness last week, if you had bought calls late Friday you would have doubled your money if you sold at open. Way down now but still, wow.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChrisCamillo/status/1351524568016576513

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
what is the latest info on CCIV? last i heard they were hiring a wide range of positions related to the market

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

err posted:

what is the latest info on CCIV? last i heard they were hiring a wide range of positions related to the market

lucid had some investor positions last week and they still have an opening for an sec reporting manager listed. that doesn't mean much other than they're looking to go public which we already knew

i dont think there's any new info other than the no-comment that cciv put out this morning

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.
Nabbed just shy of 40 call options for BB expiring Jan 2022. Lets see how this goes.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

CHWY the odd man out here imo. I think it's a great company that yeah got a lot of wind in its sails due to the pandemic, but well positioned to retain a lot of those customers post pandemic.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Whoreson Welles posted:

anybody else irrationally angry after that? no? just me?

You think that's bad? Here's the follow up

https://twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1351339915603300353?s=20

Big "i was only pretending to be an idiot" energy

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Bored As gently caress posted:

I'm way too much of an ancient Greek and Roman history nerd, read way too many books on Rome, and played way too much Rome: Total War 2 and Attila: Total War to let racist fucks have Roman poo poo like SPQR and the gladius.

Same but aloha shirts.

(Those patterns are like dazzle camo for sweat spots)

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Femtosecond posted:

CHWY the odd man out here imo. I think it's a great company that yeah got a lot of wind in its sails due to the pandemic, but well positioned to retain a lot of those customers post pandemic.

Yeah I agree with that. I have them auto ship me stuff, it's super convenient.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

AHH F/UGH posted:

Going to do myself a favor and not watch it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Accretionist posted:

Same but aloha shirts.

(Those patterns are like dazzle camo for sweat spots)

I love Hawaiian shirts, too. They're great summer party / beach wear.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Ouch, that's quite the screw up.

Quick question on selling options on TOS - say I buy 100 shares of CCIV, then immediately go to sell one call contract at some higher strike price. I'm pretty sure my options on TOS are such that I can only sell covered calls and cash secured puts, but do I need to check that "create covered call strategy" box when selling the contract? I'm assuming no and that TOS automatically uses my existing 100 shares to cover the contract? I haven't written any options before.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

AHH F/UGH posted:

I hate to admit but I think Trump was right. Get rid of Tik Tok, its a plague.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Whoreson Welles posted:

Then allow me to tempt you with a palette cleanser

https://twitter.com/TikTokInvestors/status/1350132561180299268?s=20

Tiktok investor guru videos are My Strange Addiction

err
Apr 11, 2005

glad the fed and tiktok influencers are holding this market up!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Remember that "yeet yeet, skrrt SKRRRRT" SNL bit about soundcloud rappers?
Sampling the insanity of TikTokInvestors for a similar bit would be the research equivalent of dunking oneself in the river of slime from Ghostbusters 2.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

As more and more Tiktokers stop buying shares and start singing sea shanties, the market will begin to crumble.

https://twitter.com/etelsverdlov/status/1348654717036093440

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I'm personally waiting for the next phase of videos entitled "captial gains tax is bullshit" or "Beware the IRS and a wash sale #wtf #howwasIsupposedtoknow"

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Whoreson Welles posted:

This probably would have been the best choice. When the correction comes its gonna be brutal.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Baddog posted:

This probably would have been the best choice. When the correction comes its gonna be brutal.

plus evergreen tweet:

https://twitter.com/StockCats/status/1285563225409572864?s=20

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

BLDP :woop:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

MomJeans420 posted:

Ouch, that's quite the screw up.

Quick question on selling options on TOS - say I buy 100 shares of CCIV, then immediately go to sell one call contract at some higher strike price. I'm pretty sure my options on TOS are such that I can only sell covered calls and cash secured puts, but do I need to check that "create covered call strategy" box when selling the contract? I'm assuming no and that TOS automatically uses my existing 100 shares to cover the contract? I haven't written any options before.

Curious on this too...

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
How do you do, fellow BB shareholders?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
:coal:

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.

Axel Serenity posted:

Calls ;)

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Anyone think BB is going to get much higher than it's at now? I bought 100 shares on a whim a couple weeks ago, which has turned out great, but now I'm thinking about hopping off the coaster.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
lmao cant believe i fat fingered the expiration date on those bb calls last week. it would have been a decent return instead of a loss

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

gently caress it I'll play some crapps and get in on some BB calls, BB stands for bet black right?

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Hydrogen seemed to rebound pretty well from being overvalued last week. Plug and FCEL are continuing as well. I'll be curious to see if it continues this week.

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.
So what's the thread's strategies for SPAC units after split? Do you set an exit point for the common units pre-merger to lock in a return and let the warrants ride?

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
gik go up, cciv go down, you can't explain that

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Axel Serenity posted:

Lmao, I was cursing myself all weekend. I am redeemed. For now. Until it goes down. Which it might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

i had so many opportunities to buy BB